Mass gainer proteins
- 02-17-2013, 09:42 PM
- 02-17-2013, 09:49 PM
1) Why can't you just eat food?
2) If you have an honest exuse for question #1 then I recommend making your own. If it fits in a blender, you can drink it.
Example: 1 sweet potato, whole milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, vanilla whey protein.....blend it up and you have liquid sweet potato pie, and it's 10x more nutritious than protein powder with 100g of carbs from dextrose.Controlled Labs Board Rep
CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
02-18-2013, 01:21 AM
02-18-2013, 03:08 AM
They don't allow you to eat at school? Crazy.
Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
02-18-2013, 04:31 AM
02-18-2013, 07:40 AM
I'd just up your caloric intake at the times of the day you can eat. No need to force some protein shakes in if your schedule is busy.
If you still want something that would be calorically dense I'd go XF Ultra Peptide + Southland Glycomyx (I prefer CR with this combo). It isn't going to be as high in calories as a typical weight gainer but will contain better ingredients (FWIW). Just keep a bag full of trail mix as well to have with it if you want even more calories.
Still just eat more at each meal.
Don't miss out on the next deal:http://pescience.com/insider
Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
02-18-2013, 09:01 AM
A solid weight gainer is MHP Up your mass.
Making your own is certainly more ideal in terms of manipulating macro breakdown but, in your case it doesn't fit.
02-18-2013, 09:12 AM
02-18-2013, 09:36 AM
i know many people on this forum do not advise the use of mass/weight gainers, and i agree to an extent. its always best to get your nutrients from food. a solid powder like whey protein is a nice addition as well. i do 1 of 2 things when i bulk.
- make your own weight gainer. it is cheaper. get 100% whey protein or something like iForce Protean or (dont hate) syntha 6. syntha is cheap and has a blend of various kinds of proteins. add whole milk, fruit, ice cream or yogurt, ice, peanut butter, EVOO, raw oats...etc for some quality carbs, protein, and calories
- Buy a mass gainer. Only use 1/2 of the serving size and add milk, ice cream, raw oats...etc (^^^ additions stated above in Option 1). One benefit from this is the mass gainer will still give you a decent amount of calories from the powder alone and will last you twice as long vs using the full dose. I like to use Super Mass Gainer by Dymatize. about 16 servings at 2 scoops so using 1 scoop will give you about 32 servings. The full serving is 2 scoops (I think) so i only use one. from powder alone it gives me about 600 calories, 26g of blended protein, about 126g of carbs (although they arent quality carbs hence the addition of oats in your shake).
Performax Labs Product Specialist
02-18-2013, 07:41 PM
02-18-2013, 07:46 PM
02-18-2013, 07:48 PM
protein does not cause you to gain mass
as for some of these recommendations (aside from the wonderful make-your-own ones)..eiishh
and soy-based protein? really??
any amount of soy, is too much
02-18-2013, 08:08 PM
02-18-2013, 08:42 PM
02-18-2013, 09:15 PM
02-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Mass Gainers taste like **** IMO and are mostly just carbs and sugar. Honestly if you need a quick 1000 calories you're probably better off eating a Triple Whopper from BK and actually enjoying it . Or a baconator. Just make sure you don't eat at too big of a surplus or you'll get fat.
Similar Forum Threads
- By kelley918 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2010, 11:28 PM
- By pyrotechnik in forum BulkingReplies: 2Last Post: 01-07-2008, 05:10 PM
- By HillbillyRock in forum AnabolicsReplies: 19Last Post: 12-23-2006, 02:57 PM
- By CEDeoudes59 in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-22-2005, 11:23 PM
- By cashiertan in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-15-2003, 12:15 AM