Starting a recomp - review my natty cut supps

AnthroLats

Awards
I will be partaking in a recomp within the coming month or so, for a duration that has yet to be determined. I am taking this as an opportunity to try out a number of supplements that I've never used before but are widely accepted in an effort to improve fat loss while maintaining or building muscle mass.

Diet will flucutate as such. Lift days are M/T and T/F with Wed and the weekend off. Mon and Thur are surplus days, Tues and Fri are maintenance and Wed/Sat/Sun are below maintenance. Caloric changes will be mostly focused on carbs. Most of the carbs will happen later in the day, usually all at once, and usually after a workout which happens sometime in the night.

Tell me if there is any negative interactions and/or improvements that should be made with respect to timing/quantity/etc.

Supplement dosing:
TTA - 200mg - Taken with an electrolyte complex
Raspberry Ketones - 250mg
Forskohlii 20% - 50mg
R-ALA - 100mg + biotin - 1mg
Agmatine - 250mg
ALCAR or LCLT - 400mg
African Mango 10:1 - 100mg
Cayenne pepper - 300mg

Green Coffee Extract 50% - 1g before biggest carb meal of the day

Each dosage above (except GCE) will be taken four times a day, on an empty stomach every couple hours, or 30 minutes pre-meal. Everything will be capped.

Side Notes:

TTA will be used for a one month on, one month off scheme. Sides sound a bit concerning, but do not seem to be an issue if not abused. I don't like that dinoiii disapproved of it due to its potential to accumulate in the heart, although it has yet proven to be a dealbreaker. Dosage is kept at 800mg due to this fact.

Would prefer to get some NA-R-ALA but $$$

I expect GI problems from the 20% forskohlii, since that seems to be a common problem at low extracts.

African mango I'm on the fence about, so I may or may not order it. I wouldn't mind some opinions on it.

Most of this stuff I've yet to buy, some of it I already have (R-ALA, Agmatine, Pepper), so I'm open to suggestions on what I have not yet acquired.

Also considering a 75% gymnema sylvestre extract and a 2% banaba leaf extract but I'm unsure how it would fit into everything. It seems these would work best on maintenance or deficit days.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe look into a GDA such as glycobol, slinsane V2 (I believe both contain the Na-R-Ala that you want), slintensity, anabolic pump, or recompadrol. Recompadrol could be nice for you b/c its not limited to only carbs (I believe) so you could theoretically use it on your low carb days also.

Personally a great recomp stack in my eyes would be something like a good fat burner, a gda, and a natural anabolic like anabeta/anabeta elite or versa 1.

Edit: I do like your carnitines, agmatine, raspberry ketones, and ECGC additions.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid list of things you plan on using. I would suggest putting the R-ALA and Agmatine into only 1-2 doses pre-CHO meal. I'd also either dose the ALCAR with the R-ALA + Agmatine combo pre-CHO meal or take it pre-workout (or split with that and pre-workout). If going with LCLT take 2-3g all pre-workout.

If you are worried about the stomach discomfort with Forskolin then at the very least make sure it is Sabinsa brand or look into a higher extract % like Synthetic Supplements Forskolin-95.

AnthroLats

Awards
jswain34, I did not actually mentioned ECGC, but thats only because I already consider that a daily staple :p I'm not particularly looking to get premixed formulas, but I am instead getting all of these ingredients in bulk. I much prefer bulk over over these kinds of things in terms of cost effectiveness. I actually considered adding the gymnema + banaba due to having looked up the ingredients of slinsane, anabolic pump and recompadrol. I'm also considering adding in garcinia cambogia which is a component of recompadrol, although I haven't decided yet. The garcinia in particular seems like it would be only effective in a deficit.

Thanks for the suggestions bolt10. I will probably end up doing the split (pre workout + pre main carb meal) if that would be the most effective. The stomach discomfort doesn't worry me, although if it ends up being a problem I will definitely consider getting a higher quality extract to give the Forskolin a proper go.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increase r-ala to 300-400 per meal IMO, as well as agmantine to 1000mg.

Mike

AnthroLats

Awards
Criticalbench, isn't that an enormous amount of R-ALA and agmatine to take daily? Or would this be more for carb heavy meals? Im afraid I'm gonna run out of R-ALA and agmatine in like a week if its with every meal. Guess I better buy that 100 grams of SNS agmatine :D

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Criticalbench, isn't that an enormous amount of R-ALA and agmatine to take daily? Or would this be more for carb heavy meals? Im afraid I'm gonna run out of R-ALA and agmatine in like a week if its with every meal. Guess I better buy that 100 grams of SNS agmatine :D
I wouldnt really say those are high doses. Those are typical agmatine doses though. Maybe slightly high for the rala but that is what has been proven to work most effective with me when dieting with all carb meals.

Mike

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Solid list of things you plan on using. I would suggest putting the R-ALA and Agmatine into only 1-2 doses pre-CHO meal. I'd also either dose the ALCAR with the R-ALA + Agmatine combo pre-CHO meal or take it pre-workout (or split with that and pre-workout). If going with LCLT take 2-3g all pre-workout.

If you are worried about the stomach discomfort with Forskolin then at the very least make sure it is Sabinsa brand or look into a higher extract % like Synthetic Supplements Forskolin-95.
I agree, in the past Forskolin at a lower percentage gave me pudding poop and lower GI issues. Recently I've used low dose Anabeta Elite which contains a higher % extract and I've had zero problems. Leans me out great around the mid section.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Throw in recompadrol as your partitioner

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App