Is X-Factor a good supplement for teens?

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
I have probably not done enough research on this product, but I figured all of you are very knowledgable. I'm wondering what arachidonic acid does in the body, and if a teenager (17) would see any results with this product assuming diet and program are in check? Thanks

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
No supplement is good for kids, IIRC they do say 18 and over...some even say 21+. Anyhow, bunch of guys here in the forums are fans of recommending stuff for teens (since they used stuff as teens). I believe it is just the solid foundation for the: "I need to be on something, mentality" thus a psychological crutch.

Caloric surplus, plenty of sleep, a proper routine and adhering to school and their parents...yeah that should be enough for a teen.

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
Molecular Nutrition's X-Factor supplement does not actually state "Not for use by individuals under the age of 18" in the warnings.

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
Which is what made me think it would be a supplement recommended for teens but I may be incorrect?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Molecular Nutrition's X-Factor supplement does not actually state "Not for use by individuals under the age of 18" in the warnings.
Well that is sad indeed...anyhow, if you have not read about Omega-6 acids (ArA in this case), why are you looking to spend daddy's allowance on it?

Do your research at least, it's been discussed heavily in this forum, including which supplements to add alongside the doses of ArA.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well that is sad indeed...anyhow, if you have not read about Omega-6 acids (ArA in this case), why are you looking to spend daddy's allowance on it?

Do your research at least, it's been discussed heavily in this forum, including which supplements to add alongside the doses of ArA.
Celly you are not much older than he is. Also, and this may not have been the case for you, the majority of 17 year olds have jobs and generally provide for themselves (outside of food, shelter, etc.)

You always come off a little holier than thou in threads such as these man, I know it isn't your intention but it almost always happens.

OP, to answer your question. You could probably use it without any ill effects but it is not advisable to use any supplements at your age. Protein, vitamin, and creatine at the most. And as cel already stated it often leads to the belief that one cannot make progress without additional supplementation, which is not true.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Celly you are not much older than he is. Also, and this may not have been the case for you, the majority of 17 year olds have jobs and generally provide for themselves (outside of food, shelter, etc.)

You always come off a little holier than thou in threads such as these man, I know it isn't your intention but it almost always happens.

OP, to answer your question. You could probably use it without any ill effects but it is not advisable to use any supplements at your age. Protein, vitamin, and creatine at the most. And as cel already stated it often leads to the belief that one cannot make progress without additional supplementation, which is not true.
I am almost 5 years older than him...and it is true most teens had a job by that age, I know I did too in my uncles company...Anyhow, I agree on the protein if needed be, as I know that some households can be very iron-clad with their menus, so if you need to supplement a protein powder to reach your protein levels of the day...then so be it. Creatine I am thoroughly against before 18-19 years old due to its effect on DHT, and also due to the fact people misdose it and think they need to load on 10-20g a day for a week or 2 and then keep it at sometimes 5g pre and 5g post...when only 3g are needed ED for saturation and then only 3g around 4x a week.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am almost 5 years older than him...and it is true most teens had a job by that age, I know I did too in my uncles company...Anyhow, I agree on the protein if needed be, as I know that some households can be very iron-clad with their menus, so if you need to supplement a protein powder to reach your protein levels of the day...then so be it. Creatine I am thoroughly against before 18-19 years old due to its effect on DHT, and also due to the fact people misdose it and think they need to load on 10-20g a day for a week or 2 and then keep it at sometimes 5g pre and 5g post...when only 3g are needed ED for saturation and then only 3g around 4x a week.
Lol that was my point man, you're only ~21.

Its effects on DHT are going to be minimal when dosed to saturation (that's almost like telling him not to eat red meat lol).

And on that note, the difference between 17 and 18 is really that big of a deal to you?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Lol that was my point man, you're only ~21.

Its effects on DHT are going to be minimal when dosed to saturation (that's almost like telling him not to eat red meat lol).

And on that note, the difference between 17 and 18 is really that big of a deal to you?
Yup...soon to be 22 (if all goes well haha). And yes, 17 I can be against supplementation completely...18 yeah hell he can do and will do whatever he wants...point being I just don't like people thinking or cultivating the "need to be on something" mentality...even as a Rep I don't like that...

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
OP, to answer your question. You could probably use it without any ill effects but it is not advisable to use any supplements at your age. Protein, vitamin, and creatine at the most. And as cel already stated it often leads to the belief that one cannot make progress without additional supplementation, which is not true.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jim Buck I will do some more research on this product and decide from there.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Which is what made me think it would be a supplement recommended for teens but I may be incorrect?
yeah, you would be incorrect
outside of chewable vitamins, or the special "teenager" multivites a very few companies make - there is NOTHING that is targeted to kids (at least on the up & up)

difference between 17 and 18 is really that big of a deal to you?
it is when you are a rep for a supp company, and patrol these forums in public view
we have to remain politically correct, on issues like these

aside from PC - i agree with cel anyway
too much mentality of "ooo i gotta be taking something to improve my performance"..
is ridiculous, and the basics get bypassed

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is when you are a rep for a supp company, and patrol these forums in public view
we have to remain politically correct, on issues like these

aside from PC - i agree with cel anyway
too much mentality of "ooo i gotta be taking something to improve my performance"..
is ridiculous
I am aware of the way you all must hold yourselves as you are a reflection of your company.

I forget Cel is a rep sometimes and was wondering specifically if he had any knowledge I didn't on the adverse effects of creatine for a 17 year old that would be different at 18.

I agree with that as well.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
was wondering specifically if he had any knowledge I didn't on the adverse effects of creatine for a 17 year old that would be different at 18.
the problem arises, when lack of education by end-user overtakes common sense
is there anything wrong with creatine @17, vs 18 as you say?
nope

would i advise it to a 17y/o?
nope

simple fact: it is not needed, and i would rather see the youth gain an understanding of his body, nutrtion, and proper training protocol, before he turns his attention to the "supp wasteland" that can become the "crutch mentality" of many youth

it really is that simple
i am not an alarmist -- i am a realist

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
the problem arises, when lack of education by end-user overtakes common sense
is there anything wrong with creatine @17, vs 18 as you say?
nope

would i advise it to a 17y/o?
nope

simple fact: it is not needed, and i would rather see the youth gain an understanding of his body, nutrtion, and proper training protocol, before he turns his attention to the "supp wasteland" that can become the "crutch mentality" of many youth

it really is that simple
i am not an alarmist -- i am a realist
I took a phone call and you covered it all in this and the previous post. Thanks brother.