Ephedrine + SSNRI = ?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

Ephedrine + SSNRI = ?

What i'll effects, if any would occur if SSNRI (Cymbalta) was taken in tandem with Ephedrine?

Or for that matter would nothing happen at all?

Bros keep saying ECA and Ephedrine are the **** for weight loss ( Am currently 190 at 8-10% need to hit solid 8% before AAS)

Whats your opinion other than pure bro science ?
    PTAG-CPT, TSCC, ViPR
    Functional Training Hell Workout (An Offday/Cardio Workout!)
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/223675-welcome-functional-training.html

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Pure broscience? Ephedrine + caffeine has more data than pretty much any weight loss combination...ever.

That said, I would exercise caution and probably advise against combination with an SNRI. One of EC's modalities is as a catecholamine releasing agent. If you're cutting off reuptake of NE, there is now way COMT can compensate, which could create an adrenergic crisis if you take a releasing agent and go exercise.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.62%

You should monitor your blood pressure to make sure it doesn't get too high on eca

This is going to sound ****ed up but I helped take care of my grandfather and when he died he had a bunch of leftover albuterol and I took 15-24 mgs of albuterol plus 3 doses of eca very day for months...probably not the brightest idea but my bp never got above like 125/85 and that was like at its apex
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GigaPaladin View Post
    You should monitor your blood pressure to make sure it doesn't get too high on eca

This is going to sound ****ed up but I helped take care of my grandfather and when he died he had a bunch of leftover albuterol and I took 15-24 mgs of albuterol plus 3 doses of eca very day for months...probably not the brightest idea but my bp never got above like 125/85 and that was like at its apex
    Well that's because you were looking at the wrong parameters. Albuterol is a selective b2-agonist so vascular constriction is not the primary issue. Rather, you should have been monitoring heart rate for palpitations or arrhythmia.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.62%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Well that's because you were looking at the wrong parameters. Albuterol is a selective b2-agonist so vascular constriction is not the primary issue. Rather, you should have been monitoring heart rate for palpitations or arrhythmia.
    I dunno how to do that...I could just google it I guess.

I would take all the stuff during the first 10 hour portion of the day when I was fasting and I took a lot of magnesium taurate and taurine with it to protect my heart. And took nitrates before I worked out to make sure my bp was low/lower and physically I felt fine. Not sure if that means anything since I could have been ****ing myself over on the inside.

What could have happened to me? Stroke or something?
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%

I dunno how to do that...I could just google it I guess.

I would take all the stuff during the first 10 hour portion of the day when I was fasting and I took a lot of magnesium taurate and taurine with it to protect my heart. And took nitrates before I worked out to make sure my bp was low/lower and physically I felt fine. Not sure if that means anything since I could have been ****ing myself over on the inside.

What could have happened to me? Stroke or something?
    No, combining ephedrine, albuterol, and caffeine would primarily put the myocardium at risk for palpitations. Worst case scenario would be arrhythmia and exercise-induced sudden cardiac death (see phenylephrine studies in dogs).
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

This is going to sound ****ed up but I helped take care of my grandfather and when he died he had a bunch of leftover albuterol and I took 15-24 mgs of albuterol plus 3 doses of eca very day for months
    yes, you had part of that right, indeed
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.62%

lol was it really that dangerous?

I even drank like a pot of coffee besides everything else on some days rofl
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.62%

Not to hijack this thread, but you guys don't think I ****ed myself up long term in any way do you? Like I was reading about left ventricular hypertrophy and other heart damage I might have done. Funny thing is I was considering buying some albuterol and doing it again since I just assumed your bp getting too high was all that could damage you
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

what you propose is scary, and unconscionable to be advised - not just on this forum, but in any context
    i realize that some ppl propose albuterol use as being a mild form of clenbuterol, but i am simply not going to advise this to be accurate

as for long-term damage - only medical diagnostics can determine that, anything we guess here is simply supposition
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%

lol was it really that dangerous?

I even drank like a pot of coffee besides everything else on some days rofl
    The realistic chance of something happening is low. All I'm saying is you increased your risk. It's all a game of probabilities.
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by NeighbourMike View Post
    What i'll effects, if any would occur if SSNRI (Cymbalta) was taken in tandem with Ephedrine?

Or for that matter would nothing happen at all?

Bros keep saying ECA and Ephedrine are the **** for weight loss ( Am currently 190 at 8-10% need to hit solid 8% before AAS)

Whats your opinion other than pure bro science ?
    Maybe this sounds out there but I think diet and nutrition alone can cut a really good amount of fat even without fat burners. Just remember you don't have to take anything but if you do start with low doses and see how you feel. Don't just start high dosing and stacking like crazy
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.38%

Depends on to what extent NAT is inhibited, most pharmaceutical companies slap on the NRI label if the compound has any significant inhibitory effects, even if its 10 fold lower than for SERT. In the end you will end up potentiating ephedrines catecholamine releasing properties but it may or may not be to any hazardous levels.

I'd not risk it though, but considering cymbalta is prescribed for depression it is probably SERT oriented. If you are taking it for depression get some IC50 values before you try anything
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.06%

I saw a thread once containing blood test info for the proper levels of IGH-F, Free Test, Total Test etc each subdivided into categories for sex/age, but I can't recall where it was. Wish I copy pasted it into my fault :/

Thanks bro for the info, going to get a complete blood test before I do AAS so I can establish base test so I know if my PCT works and brings me back to where I was/how long it will take to get back to base. Also good way to tell if source of novla is bad..

Never heard of IC50 but will check it out.

EDIT: I want to learn more about chemicals interactions but I never took the appropriate chemistry and went much further than a high school level, would a nutritionist certification (like a certified nutritionist) cover that advanced area of expertise, since I was planning to enter into that eventually for consultation of my clients, as I am a fitness certified trainer.
    PTAG-CPT, TSCC, ViPR
    Functional Training Hell Workout (An Offday/Cardio Workout!)
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/223675-welcome-functional-training.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. a question about ephedrine
    By p_zub in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 12:59 PM
  2. In Defense of Ephedrine
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 10:00 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 03:11 AM
  4. I got your ephedrine right here