intra workout supplements

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I need help finding a intra workout drink. I am using muscle Feast anabolic competition. I like it and it gives me great energy for my workout, but it keeps me in the bathroom for hours after. If anyone knows of a intra the works and is not full of sugar that may be easier on the stomach I would be grateful if you would share some info.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.
    Answers

Formutech endurance

No need to look further
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by stopstalking View Post
    Formutech endurance

No need to look further
    this....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  279 lbs.
    Answers

You have to try Compete by iForce Nutrition....unbeatable intra product
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Answers

Re: intra workout supplements

iForce Compete
    Modern BCAA

My two favorites.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I like Omega Sports Strive, but don't know if it'll ever get released again, they keep pushing it back
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Answers

I will say I have never been big on the intra theory,but just finished a compete run and it changed my mind,great intra.I wrote a review on it if ya want to check it out!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BigEdNJ View Post
    You have to try Compete by iForce Nutrition....unbeatable intra product
    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    iForce Compete
    Modern BCAA

My two favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    I will say I have never been big on the intra theory,but just finished a compete run and it changed my mind,great intra.I wrote a review on it if ya want to check it out!
    Thanks for mentioning Compete, guys. It's a great formula with carnitine salts, focus and hydration ingredients, and some really potent stuff for recovery.

It's a bit different approach to the intra-workout category, but give it a shot and we'll think you'll agree - it's an intra-workout done right. We used whey hydrolysate for a reason - a full spectrum of aminos (rather than just the 3 BCAAs) are shown to have an immediate effect on intramuscular amino acid concentration and a heightened effect on MPS as compared to just BCAAs alone, which are limited to a post workout recovery role according to quite a bit of working circulating in academia out there. Throw in a smaller dose of citrulline malate that meshes well with the Hemavol formula and you've got something that's really coming together..

Additionally, on a per-serving basis, it's between 30-50% cheaper per serving than competing products. It's something that I'm sure to include in my compensation every month, and my favorite product that we make. Tangy Tangerine and Fruit Punch will knock your socks off.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I'm using Scivation Xtend right now
    OBSESSED is a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
    Beast Mode RECOMP: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/224356-beast-mode recomp.html
  10. Registered User
    Answers

I'll drop another plug for Compete; effective, mixes well, tastes great (particularly Tangerine), and with an excellent profile.
    At the very least, try to obtain some samples, it is well worth it.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

When it returns Strive is the top of the line when it comes to this category.

I do also like Intrabolic, but currently have used Compete quite often when in the need of a product of this type.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

purple wraath is a strong second...
    www.lgsciences.com
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

BCAAs intra workout are more than pointless...even pure Leucine intra workout is needless.

Compete on the other hand...yes please.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    BCAAs intra workout are more than pointless...
    oh boy
    you been reading too much from one source again, i see
    yes, bcaa pre more optimal..does not make intra bcaa supplementation "more than pointless" as you espouse here tho
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    oh boy
    you been reading too much from one source again, i see
    yes, bcaa pre more optimal..does not make intra bcaa supplementation "more than pointless" as you espouse here tho
    Pre they are magnificent, Leucine in a good high dose some 1-2 hours pre-workout is good. Main reason I like Compete is for the electrolyte complex and the carnitine complex too...

I see it somehow pointless in the way that they will be burned for energy, and AFAIK I want my glycogen and triglyceride chains to be used for fuel optimally instead of amino acids from the amino acid pool...

Pre workout, during fasting periods, in lower-ish protein content (late stage cuts) and pre-meal (high leucine) well yeah...I see them as optimal and good IMO. Why do you think I have BCAAs in my cupboard? I do use them brother !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Main reason I like Compete is for the electrolyte complex
    no question, very underestimated and beneficial stuff intrWO
    and the carnitine complex too...
    altho i like carnitine, i can throw "opinions" at you as well, as you espouse of bcaa/function within training
    there is a whole side of the coin, that opines carnitine is overrated & worthless - at ANY time
    science has not definitively proven that carnitine is valuable - or even understands how it works for that matter

but i won't hit you with that comeback -
    i simply bring this up to point out, you are getting into "opinion" here, not backed by any science

caution
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    no question, very underestimated and beneficial stuff intrWO

altho i like carnitine, i can throw "opinions" at you as well, as you espouse of bcaa/function within training
    there is a whole side of the coin, that opines carnitine is overrated & worthless - at ANY time

but i won't hit you with that comeback -
    i simply bring this up to point out, you are getting into "opinion" here, not backed by any science

caution
    Will remember to make it more objective next time bro...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  18. Registered User
    Answers

There is literally not a single study on "intraworkout" supplementation (period)/BCAA use, and for good reason. Taking anything p.o. while exercising will result in a drop in absorption/delivery.

Conversely, every study of leucine/BCAAs showing positive effects of supplementation involved taking them preworkout for performance enhancement (gluconeo/ketogenesis) or taking them pre/post workout (for a threshold level of plasma concentrations of leucine to be reached (scaled HED: 0.045-0.065g/kg BW Leu)). Taking BCAAs during exercise/over the course of a workout inhibits both such effects.

Epinephrine acts as a block on insulin release during exercise, and taking highly insulinogenic BCAAs while actually performing exercise defeats the entire purpose of using BCAAs, which are:

1. To spike protein synthesis via leucine signaling
    2. To improve performance via high ketogenic/gluconeogenic potential of BCAAs
    3. To possibly reduce tryptophan delivery to the brain via the shared aromatic/branched chain amino acid transporter, resulting in decreased fatigue (sufficient plasma levels of BCAAs wouldn't be reached by drinking them throughout the workout)
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    There is literally not a single study on "intraworkout" supplementation (period)/BCAA use, and for good reason. Taking anything p.o. while exercising will result in a drop in absorption/delivery.

Conversely, every study of leucine/BCAAs showing positive effects of supplementation involved taking them preworkout for performance enhancement (gluconeo/ketogenesis) or taking them pre/post workout (for a threshold level of plasma concentrations of leucine to be reached (scaled HED: 0.045-0.065g/kg BW Leu)). Taking BCAAs during exercise/over the course of a workout inhibits both such effects.

Epinephrine acts as a block on insulin release during exercise, and taking highly insulinogenic BCAAs while actually performing exercise defeats the entire purpose of using BCAAs, which are:

3. To possibly reduce tryptophan delivery to the brain via the shared aromatic/branched chain amino acid transporter, resulting in decreased fatigue (sufficient plasma levels of BCAAs wouldn't be reached by drinking them throughout the workout)
    Thank you.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

highly insulinogenic bcaas

i still lqtm every time you use that terminology

let's talk about highly insulinogenic dextrose within a workout..
    or other things for that matter

you place this concept within a single context, and make no allowance for parameters being used (like length of training, or at what point within the training one is consuming bcaa/other nutrition etc)..

whatever my friend..i will continue to disagree with your logic here

but - you make it sound good anyway

Thank you.
    your welcome

21. 804
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.
    Answers

I feel some hatred coming. I like AminoX blue razz. Mainstream BSN bla bla bla.. I like the taste
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SPLocal View Post
    I'll drop another plug for Compete; effective, mixes well, tastes great (particularly Tangerine), and with an excellent profile.
    At the very least, try to obtain some samples, it is well worth it.
    Compete gives me that endurance that allows me to go for long periods of time and the decreased DOMS is just awesome! And best of all, the flavor is unreal good!

Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

So whats the verdict. BCAA supplementation is useless or useful, and if useful, when? Pre workout, post workout, etc...
    Beast Mode RECOMP: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/224356-beast-mode recomp.html
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Russianog View Post
    So whats the verdict. BCAA supplementation is useless or useful, and if useful, when? Pre workout, post workout, etc...
    Not going to get a consensus. Too many conflicting opinions and too many variables for just general recommendations. As usual it depends.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah i figured, I just hope i'm not wasting my money on scivation.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

So...what, if anything, do you recommend taking intra?
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Russianog View Post
    bcaa supplementation can be useful at any time, given the proper context and implementation

if you are speaking of the pre/intra/post timeframe only, then some generalities can be made:
    bcaa preWO, is most optimal
    bcaa postWO, again nice (altho there are other alternatives that i find more appealing - unless, you are consuming say a bcaa+small amount of dextrose immediately postWO, and then eating a full postWO meal ~30-60min later)
    bcaa intraWO is still viable, despite what you may read otherwise..again, application is primary, and when within the workout you are consuming these will have more to do with effectiveness/efficacy, than simply drinking thruout session)

context..is..everything

Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldMan View Post
    So...what, if anything, do you recommend taking intra?
    don't get angry, old man, but i will give my .02 here (not trying to step on coop's answer to you at all)..
    electrolytes combined with proper mineral intake are probably your top items (and most generally overlooked) for true performance enhancement, all things being equal..surely other things can be useful, but this simply has no peer in performance dept
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I do much prefer to drink regular cold water during workout. Nothing beats that.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

i tend to drink them pre/intra/post. lately ive been adding karbolyn to post aminos.
    www.lgsciences.com
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    i tend to drink them pre/intra/post. lately ive been adding karbolyn to post aminos.
    I love karbolyn post workout!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Answers

thanks guys for the help. i ordered a tub of Compete to try.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  279 lbs.
    Answers

You won't be disappointed. The lemon drop taste like crystal light
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VinceNC View Post
    thanks guys for the help. i ordered a tub of Compete to try.
    Be sure to let us know what you think - your opinion is valuable, and we're ready to hear it!
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Intra/Post workout supplements?
    By juice3320 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 11:14 AM
  2. Recommend an Intra-Workout Supplement..
    By PaterSin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 12:24 PM
  3. Best Intra-Workout Supplement
    By jdboucher in forum Supplements
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 09:45 PM
  4. What Is Your Favorite Intra-workout Supplement Drink?
    By powerlinelift in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 05:02 PM
  5. Best "non-jittery" pre-workout supplement?
    By cpa5oh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 06:44 PM