Can stimulants really maximize gains?

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was reading an article sent to me by iforce. I liked what I read, but I always thought stims were hard on the body and CNS and mainly purpose to be used was during cutting. During bulking or just general maintaining, can stimulants be effective in maximizing muscle growth and strength?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was reading an article sent to me by iforce. I liked what I read, but I always thought stims were hard on the body and CNS and mainly purpose to be used was during cutting. During bulking or just general maintaining, can stimulants be effective in maximizing muscle growth and strength?
In higher doses of stimulants they can be hard on the body and CNS.

Really stimulants are not just for cutting but work very well while cutting. It depends on you diet for sure if you were bulking. Most stimulants give you an appetite suppression so it would make it harder to consume enough food.

Obviously stimulants help you focus and keep the intensity up in the gym so that right there could lead to an increase in strength.

domore

Awards
You can find a plethora of studies pertaining to the ergogenic benefits of caffeine/stimulants.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Caffeine perhaps; considering it is not just a CNS stimulant but it also counteracts the function of adenosine, so in that regard i'd err on the side of yes. But theres a little grey area on what caffeine does when you come off it after prolonged use.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Post up the article. :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yes, stimulants like caffeine can increase performance, b-agonists can increase performance/cause fat loss/preserve muscle, a2-antagonists can improve peformance/cause fat loss.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please post up any points you find false in the article, and well be glad to concede.While our aim is to sell our products, we find educating the consumer far more lucrative than lying to them.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A non science approach as well though, is if I am tired, or even have natural energy, I go to the gym and have a decent workout, but when i take my maximize intense beforehand, I am able to lift with an intensity that I am not able to obtain without my maximize and push heavier weight.

Mike

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
you got some good info itt

the problem in perception comes with generalizations of what "stimulants" consist of;
and again with generalizations and conceptions of what we use them for

are stims "hard on the body/cns" as you say? generically speaking, no of course not

is stim abuse/overdose/length and duration of use entirely different issue/s? yes, surely

context is everything, as is application of use

a question for you to ponder: why is it that you think stimulants are used in preworkout products?
surely not so that the individual can lose weight....

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
I'm a firm believer in stims. The extra energy they provide is a major plus, anyone who says different is full of ****

burpees

Banned
Awards
I lift just as good without stims as I do with

Mental strength is very important and when your on stims u feel u need them and when u dont take it u doubt yourself that your not as strong

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Like anything else in life, I use in moderation. By that I mean I dont use ultra concentrate stims but I use a good pre workout with 200mg of caffine. I use daily too, but I see some people in the 600-1000mg range, which I think is over board.