My DAA bloodwork....

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
So,I do bloods with every new promising ingredient I try out.

I have been on DAA for 14 days at 3g per day.

What do you,intelligent people think happened to my test levels?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Levels are the same? I just have a feeling for this answer for some reason haha

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So how long is this cycle ?

When will you do bloods again ?

What type of DAA are you using ?

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
Well take a guess Lutz!
My guess is that your levels are the same ;p

So I guess the question is, did you experience the typical feelings commonly associated with DAA or other test boosters even though there was no difference in the blood work?

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
My guess is that your levels are the same ;p

So I guess the question is, did you experience the typical feelings commonly associated with DAA or other test boosters even though there was no difference in the blood work?
I definitely experienced a boost in libido.

Since it`s not due to testosterone,I`m curious to what mechanism I could atribute this?Dopamine?
Possibly just placebo too.

As with other test boosters,I have experienced no strength nor mass gain.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
And should I mention also that vitamin D also did not affect my test levels at all.

I took 5000 IU per day for 2 months and there was zero change in total T.

I don`t know what`s up with those studies on NCBI that everyone takes for granted.

Obviously fabricated,in my opinion and experience.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
p.s. it`s not like I have mid-to-high T so I don`t get affected.

I have low T(280-320 ng/dl) and my testosterone should obviously been affected,if those were not a bunch of lies.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you know why you have low t? Have you considered that maybe whatever is causing the low t might also have something to do with why the DAA was ineffective?

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Do you know why you have low t? Have you considered that maybe whatever is causing the low t might also have something to do with why the DAA was ineffective?
Well that``s a good guess but we don`t know if that is possible.

I don`t yet know why I have low T.

I have been to dr about it and the problem is not in the testes nor brain.

Balls are fine,and so is LH.

One possible reason is Hashimoto`s,which I may have.

Anyway,this crazy doc wouldn`t give me TRT or anything because my sperm count is great.

I just wanted,for my peace of mind,to increase it somewhat and not have such ****ty levels all the time.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And should I mention also that vitamin D also did not affect my test levels at all.

I took 5000 IU per day for 2 months and there was zero change in total T.

I don`t know what`s up with those studies on NCBI that everyone takes for granted.

Obviously fabricated,in my opinion and experience.
Even in the research, DAA did not work for everyone. You could have been one of those few (around 15% IIRC).

What else did you get tested?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well that``s a good guess but we don`t know if that is possible.

I don`t yet know why I have low T.

I have been to dr about it and the problem is not in the testes nor brain.

Balls are fine,and so is LH.

One possible reason is Hashimoto`s,which I may have.

Anyway,this crazy doc wouldn`t give me TRT or anything because my sperm count is great.

I just wanted,for my peace of mind,to increase it somewhat and not have such ****ty levels all the time.
I see. Well, good luck getting to the bottom of it. I was also wondering if you ever took a break from DAA after you started the lower dose a while ago?

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Even in the research, DAA did not work for everyone. You could have been one of those few (around 15% IIRC).

What else did you get tested?
Just T.

The thing is,I haven`t read anyone yet reporting higher T from DAA.

All I read is that people had it lower or the same.

And the response they got usually was "You could be non-responder.Not everyone in the research group had elevated test"

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I see. Well, good luck getting to the bottom of it. I was also wondering if you ever took a break from DAA after you started the lower dose a while ago?
Yes,I took a 3 week break,and I did the full dose this time for 14 days.

And thanks!

I`ll see if treating the possible Hashimoto will raise my T.

I really believe now that there is no supplement that actually raises total T.

There are some that raise free T but that`s not enough.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just T.

And the response they got usually was "You could be non-responder.Not everyone in the research group had elevated test"
Look harder. :)

I am not necessarily sticking up for DAA. There is positive bloodwork, negative bloodwork, neutral bloodwork. It isn't hard to find though, I searched it and the first link that came up took me to sets of bloods. Some had T increases, some had higher E increases.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133410233&page=1
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142770371&page=1

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
p.s. it`s not like I have mid-to-high T so I don`t get affected.

I have low T(280-320 ng/dl) and my testosterone should obviously been affected,if those were not a bunch of lies.
Actually, people with low T are unresponsive to most testosterone boosters out there unless they specifically address the biochemical cause of low T in that individual.

I would actually expect better results in someone with normal T.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Just T.

2 human trials is the best evidence you can hope for. The relevance of a small handful of bloodwork (of which many have been really positive on BB.com btw) is nil

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Actually, people with low T are unresponsive to most testosterone boosters out there unless they specifically address the biochemical cause of low T in that individual.

I would actually expect better results in someone with normal T.
I heard it the other way around,that if you have normal levels,you don`t get a boost,and if you are suppressed,it helps bounce you back.

Although,I am not suppressed by steroids or anything,so that wouldn`t apply to me.

Maybe I should get bloods for Hashimoto then.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I heard it the other way around,that if you have normal levels,you don`t get a boost,and if you are suppressed,it helps bounce you back.

Although,I am not suppressed by steroids or anything,so that wouldn`t apply to me.
Whoever told you that is wrong. Testosterone production is a tightly regulated, multistep pathway. If one of your "steps" (say, StAR) is "broken," you won't produce enough testosterone, and taking a testosterone booster that boosts, say, LH, won't fix that issue.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
2 human trials is the best evidence you can hope for. The relevance of a small handful of bloodwork (of which many have been really positive on BB.com btw) is nil
Those human trials don`t mean much to me unfortunately....

There are 3 of those vitamin D Austrian clinical trials,that show an increase in test from 2500 IU per day,and so I tried that too,and there results were none(5000 IU every day for 2 months)/

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Whoever told you that is wrong. Testosterone production is a tightly regulated, multistep pathway. If one of your "steps" (say, StAR) is "broken," you won't produce enough testosterone, and taking a testosterone booster that boosts, say, LH, won't fix that issue.
Mr.Coop,what other "steps" could be broken?

I have normal LH and normal balls.

What else could it be,if you know,in Hashimoto`s for example,that would cause this?

Mind you,I had tested FT3 and it was normal,but my TSH was elevated.

I haven`t been able to find an explanation anywhere for the link beetwen Hashimoto`s and testosterone.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I also took DAA for over a month and zero increase in test. (250 was my number). I've been in the Low 300s for at least 5 years. I'm now on HCG and feel like a new man (been a month). Getting bloods on the 28th.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/221228-beans-1st-contest.html
Good luck man!

I don`t believe HCG is for me,since I have normal LH.

I believe I am getting depressed and will soon be on SSRIs(which is not such a big deal for me)

I only wish the doc gave me some TRT,I would be fine now.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
btw can anybody shed some light as to why I am getting a libido boost from DAA if my testosterone is not affected?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Good luck man!

I don`t believe HCG is for me,since I have normal LH.

I believe I am getting depressed and will soon be on SSRIs(which is not such a big deal for me)

I only wish the doc gave me some TRT,I would be fine now.
Thanks ill be on TRT as soon as we are done having kids. It took a fertility doc to actually do something. My lovely GP said its just a part of aging.

Now that I think of it I had a noticeable libido increase while on DAA which is why I was shocked at where my levels were at.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/221228-beans-1st-contest.html

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
You have some big-#ss arms for low-t.

Haha!!!!!! Thanks a lot man,I appreciate it!

Despite having low total and free T all my life,I have managed to build good mass over time,especially arms.

It took a lot of heavy lifting though.

Thank god for that!

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Perhaps there is a flowchart diagram you know of to help explain these "steps" ? I'd like to build a new set of stairs and want to make sure it's done right !

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Perhaps there is a flowchart diagram you know of to help explain these "steps" ? I'd like to build a new set of stairs and want to make sure it's done right !
Lol. A web would be more appropriate in reality. XX Gene, XX sun exposure, XX stress/cortisol, XX amt of enzymes, etc

marksullivan

Awards
New here, but will chime in. I'm a 46 and weigh 240lb and 6'2". Last year my test was 225 (blood work). Dr. placed me on Androgel 10 g and 2 months later test was 290. A month ago I went off Androgel and will get baseline bloodwork done tomorrow. I'm getting total and free test done as well as Estrogen and the things that come with that. I will post Test results later in the week when I get them.

Reason I went off TRT is I didn't want to do that for the next 25 or so years and thought (with Dr's recomendation) try supplements and excersise. I have been rather lax on fitness past few years probably because of Low T. Supplements may be along the line of DAA, DHEA, Zinc, D3. Maybe pro erase (if estrogen is high), Unleash, HCGenerate.

Looking for advise on gaining energy, libedo, strength, lose belly fat, etc. Whichever avenue I take I will get bloodwork again in a few months to track results.

Any suggestions?

Yock

Awards
DAA

I've been taking 5 DAA tablets a day, purchased from "Bulk", for a week. I tend to be somewhat a skeptic but I have to say that my balls have become larger, my mood a bit more aggressive, and can't wait to get in the gym, AND I feel really good...lots of energy. So far I like it! I'm a bit worried about something I read about estrogen increase. I hope that is BS.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been taking 5 DAA tablets a day, purchased from "Bulk", for a week. I tend to be somewhat a skeptic but I have to say that my balls have become larger, my mood a bit more aggressive, and can't wait to get in the gym, AND I feel really good...lots of energy. So far I like it! I'm a bit worried about something I read about estrogen increase. I hope that is BS.
It's not bs when testosterone increases so does estrogen due to te body wanting to be in equilibrium. However since daa has only shown a 43%~ increase in testosterone the estrogen, prolactin and cortisol levels aren't highly affected .

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are worried about estrogen, cortisol, and prolactin you could add Erase/Erase Pro and/or Inhibit-P.

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
I don`t see it as being so potent it can cause any harm.

It did not raise test for me but even if it does for someone,it`s not that big of a raise to cause problems.

Just take it alone,you`ll be fine.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It did not raise test for me but even if it does for someone,it`s not that big of a raise to cause problems.
So daa is being pimped heavily on many forums and is easily found in any test booster recommendation thread but here is a statement it doesn't do much ? interesting.....

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So daa is being pimped heavily on many forums and is easily found in any test booster recommendation thread but here is a statement it doesn't do much ? interesting.....
DAA isn't going to raise everyone's test levels. Just like every other product. Some people don't react to them like others. There are human studies that prove DAA works.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What I was stipulating by saying "interesting" is that it works for some but not all, so what if the main factor(s) for effectivness or inactivity could be isolated and/or identified ?

I knew there are studies out there, I'm not a sicentist, but guess I'll have to give um a quick browse...

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
What I was stipulating by saying "interesting" is that it works for some but not all, so what if the main factor(s) for effectivness or inactivity could be isolated and/or identified ?

I knew there are studies out there, I'm not a sicentist, but guess I'll have to give um a quick browse...
I don`t believe in DAA at all.

After so much hype that revolves around it and everyone taking it for granted because of that lame Italian study,I kinda expected the blood tests to be negative.

Plus,all the reports I`ve read of people that have done bloodwork were negative.
Same test levels or lower.I`ve never once read about an increase.

I did experience a libido boost first and second time I was using it,and the first spike was intense.

My guess is that this stuff works on the brain in some other way to produce a libido boost,and they decided to capitalize on it and sell it as a test booster,like many other ingredients that have been promoted that way.Tribulus in one example,with which they used the same scenario----- causes increase in LH==thus increasing test.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Perception is reality !

If daa is perceived to boost test even if it actually does not, that part (not boosting) doesn't matter because sadly, people will accpet the perception that it will or does.

I'm keeping an open mind, but skeptical too

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Perception is reality !

If daa is perceived to boost test even if it actually does not, that part (not boosting) doesn't matter because sadly, people will accpet the perception that it will or does.

Sadly,that is probably correct.

I wish only more people would do blood tests instead of mirror checks.

I know it is hard to do hormone tests in the US,I`ve read that total T costs like 50 bucks minimum.

Here I can do hormone tests for around 6,7 bucks,so I checked every test booster I used.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've used a "privateMD" and it runs $50 (pre & post) so a $100 total making it a costly experience.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Perception is reality !

It's perceived to boost testosterone because two double blind human studies + like a hundred animal/in vitro studies support it.