Good multi vitamin/ Minimal pills

newman897

newman897

Awards
What's a good multi vitamin but doesn't require you to take 6-9 pills a day ?

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest ***'s sport multivitamin. They are timed release and you only take two a day.

Another good option is opti-men from optimum nutrition. This one here is 3 a day.

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
^ *** had actually one of the worst rated multivitamins.

thomassj

Awards
Orange tirad bro, or AOR ortho core dosed at 3 caps a day which is more thqn sufficiemy and should last about 2 months :)
-thomass

DV663

DV663

Awards
orange triad! has immune and joint support built right in. Used to have shoulder issues, since ive been on the OT...pain free

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
orange triad is great as mentioned but it's six pills. iforce has a multi capsule that's 2-4/day

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The reason most good multi-vitamins need so many pills is that multi-vitamins do not absorb particulary well so they contain vitamins are in excess (needing more pills) to potentially offset any lack of absorption. Also, Orange triad allows a split dosing which will assist in absorption as trying to dose that many vitamins at such high doses will most likely result in most just passing right through.

Split dosages + high dosages = more pills. Its worth it.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
iForce Athletic Multi is a multivitamin that's incredibly cost effective and requires only two caps per day - and let me emphasize that, it's conveniently capped in gel capsules rather than the normal, huge horse-sized tabs.

It's filled with great forms of vitamins and minerals as well as some extras like CoQ10 to help you stay healthy and in the weight room. You can combine it with any number of our Health Series products to suit your individual needs - Heart Help, Joint Help, Fish Oil, the options are almost endless.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
The reason most good multi-vitamins need so many pills is that multi-vitamins do not absorb particulary well so they contain vitamins are in excess (needing more pills) to potentially offset any lack of absorption. Also, Orange triad allows a split dosing which will assist in absorption as trying to dose that many vitamins at such high doses will most likely result in most just passing right through.

Yup, some days I'll only take 4 a day, split 2 x 2. Still gets the job done as far as keeping my joints healthy and my meals digesting, along with not catching colds

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont see whats the big deal of taking multiple pills a day. i mean, its not that hard to carry,keep in car, before you leave, at night, pre workout, post workout...etc

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like Orange Triad. I have had shoulders injuries in the past, but my shoulders seem not to ache with Orange Triad even when doing millitary presses. I ran out for a few weeks and noticed more aching even while taking other joint support supps. I am now a believer in OT.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
i dont see whats the big deal of taking multiple pills a day. i mean, its not that hard to carry,keep in car, before you leave, at night, pre workout, post workout...etc
Same here, people will jam a whole bag of daritos down there throat, but 4 pills that make me healthier **** you man thats crazy !

boogyman

Awards
I don't really mind taking the six pills for orange triad. It works and splitting the doses makes sense for absorption.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards

context my friend
you make good points, as to the concept "why can't we just make 1 pill dosing"

however, the context "so many pills" is highly relative
OP could be talking about animal-pak for all we know - a product that has long had many pills, but is actually quite horrible in it's construct

apparent
some ppl have pill aversion, and dislike the action
you can "not understand" this all you want, but fact remains it is an issue for some, and not unheard of either (fairly common)

WaltherP99

Awards
My top 3
1.Universal Animal Pack
2.CL Orange Triad
3.VPX Medivin

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
why? please explain your rationale
i ask this not in a competing-company capacity, simply as a long-time supplement user
*Scratches head*
"Uhh it looks good"

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
*Scratches head*
"Uhh it looks good"
LOL
and is the underlying reason for why it has been in existence for so long, and still remains a popular seller to this day

however - has nothing to do with how poorly it is constructed, on many different levels

but - again this is all relative, as we all may have differing opinions as to WHY we take a multivitamin in the first place

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as the taking pills thing goes, i can take multiple pills at a time with zero issues but i actualy work wiyh a couple guys who literaly cannot swallow pills. One has to crush em and the other one avoids them at all costs.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's a good multi vitamin but doesn't require you to take 6-9 pills a day ?
If you Have a Well rounded diet you shouldn't need anything that involves taking a handful of pills

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL
and is the underlying reason for why it has been in existence for so long, and still remains a popular seller to this day

however - has nothing to do with how poorly it is constructed, on many different levels

but - again this is all relative, as we all may have differing opinions as to WHY we take a multivitamin in the first place
I like mine from natural food sources. Staying away from synthetics. If at all possible

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
apparent
some ppl have pill aversion, and dislike the action
you can "not understand" this all you want, but fact remains it is an issue for some, and not unheard of either (fairly common)
I prefer taking bulk over pills, it has nothing to do with SNS selling bulk either. I purchase powders over caps, SNS or otherwise. I don't know why lol and if I do have to get capped I uncap them bitches.

If you Have a Well rounded diet you shouldn't need anything that involves taking a handful of pills
A multi vitamin in most working Americans would hold some merit. Ideally we'd like everyone to get all their nutrition from whole foods but remember man; Americans are getting more and more unhealthy by the generation. The average American isn't nutrition conscious like fitness and health enthusiasts.

Even still, within the realm of fitness and health circles how many of them working 8-12 hours a day are actually ingesting their daily recommended intake? How many of us are students that more than likely don't have time to be cooking nutritious foods for every meal?

Generation to generation the minerals are depleted from the soil resulting in less vitamin content in our fruits and veggies. While yes, I agree completely we should get our vitamins in our diet, how many people do you think really are?

- Valdez

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
iForce Athletic Multi is a multivitamin that's incredibly cost effective and requires only two caps per day - and let me emphasize that, it's conveniently capped in gel capsules rather than the normal, huge horse-sized tabs.

It's filled with great forms of vitamins and minerals as well as some extras like CoQ10 to help you stay healthy and in the weight room. You can combine it with any number of our Health Series products to suit your individual needs - Heart Help, Joint Help, Fish Oil, the options are almost endless.
this man speaks the truth!

sina

Banned
Awards
Animal Pak? Hahahah! Get out of BB scrub.. Here's my top 2 multi-vitamins

1. FOOD
2. FOOD

Just kidding..

1. AOR Ortho-Core or Multi-Basics 3 (Can't beat this even though expensive)
2. LongeCity's Multi-Vitamin *Upcoming*
3. Life-Force

^ best 3.

Orange Triad is okay but when I want a vitamin/mineral I go for a good reliable company like Jarrows, AOR.

sina

Banned
Awards
How can I forget? also NOW ADAM is a good and reliable one that I used for years.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Animal Pak? Hahahah! Get out of BB scrub.. Here's my top 2 multi-vitamins

1. FOOD
2. FOOD

Just kidding..

1. AOR Ortho-Core or Multi-Basics 3 (Can't beat this even though expensive)
2. LongeCity's Multi-Vitamin *Upcoming*
3. Life-Force

^ best 3.

Orange Triad is okay but when I want a vitamin/mineral I go for a good reliable company like Jarrows, AOR.
I understand and respect your opinion, but am definitely confused by the last part of your post.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
Now Foods Adam or Controlled Labs Orange Triad.. my favs : )

sina

Banned
Awards
Nothing wrong with O. T. just I rather go for a specific health brand company that supplies their line with all health-related products rather training supplements.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing wrong with O. T. just I rather go for a specific health brand company that supplies their line with all health-related products rather training supplements.
I actually like CL because they do offer more health related products. Kind of like a hybrid health meets training. I like that approach

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually like CL because they do offer more health related products. Kind of like a hybrid health meets training. I like that approach
Any other companies that you know of with a multi coming out man? I also use OT quite frequently but I'm liking this new trend of other companies getting in the multi game and giving us options.

- Valdez

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards

took the words out of my mouth. And the dosage on CoQ10 is solid. Plus the Macqui Super Berry is a great addition since it's the world's strongest antioxidant

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Now Foods Adam in capsule form. Two pills are a serving but sometimes I just take one daily.

Sent from my iPhone

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
took the words out of my mouth. And the dosage on CoQ10 is solid. Plus the Macqui Super Berry is a great addition since it's the world's strongest antioxidant
I could use an extra dose of vitamin C and antioxidants right now, I'm coming down hard with a sinus cold. :mad:

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Iam going to chime in here:

My top 3 are ...........

Wait for it.............

3. Gaspari Anavite <-----------Don't use any longer but thought it did it's job when I did use it, kinda liked the principal behind it

2. Formutech Nutrition FIT Mens Multi <------------------------This is what I use now, and will continue to use, both cost effective and easy to take and does its job effectively.

1. Orange Triad<---------------------Very good Multi, really liked it. Cost a little more and its 6 a day.

I take a multi because there is no way I am taking in all the vitamins and minerals I should. I eat very basic and spend a lot of the year at a very very low BF%, one that can be considered unhealthy according to my doctor.

sina

Banned
Awards
Get well bud.

Up your Zinc. Vit. D-3 <-- my immune is so strong and I barely get sick due to take D3, C, Zn

AOR Ortho-Core is my favorite multi but then again if you eat a great diet then just throw in some CoQ-10 Ubiq. SAMe and I'm covered.

but Now ADAM is the best!

I could use an extra dose of vitamin C and antioxidants right now, I'm coming down hard with a sinus cold. :mad:

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Get well bud.

Up your Zinc. Vit. D-3 <-- my immune is so strong and I barely get sick due to take D3, C, Zn

AOR Ortho-Core is my favorite multi but then again if you eat a great diet then just throw in some CoQ-10 Ubiq. SAMe and I'm covered.

but Now ADAM is the best!
I take Adam, Zinc, and D3. I caught a cold last week but it only lasted for a few days and i was fine whereas everyone else is dealing with it for weeks if not more.

boogyman

Awards
I take 5,000iu of D3 in the cold weather months in addition to my Orange Triad, and 100mgs COQ-10. I also take a probiotic once a day.