DSMO... Advice?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone use? Thoughts or advice on when to apply and how often? How long can you safely use for?

I just picked some up. Have chronic Elbow pain/tendonitis. Tried everything, including rest, with no relief. Hoping this helps.

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
From what I understand, the newer dmso is not quite what it was a few years back. I have a tub of old dmso & I use it sparingly. I bought mine from an agway farm store about 10 years ago. Mine is a clear jelly like substance with a powerful smell. It works wonders on my soar shoulders. However it does leave a red rash looking blotches which stay with me for a few hours after use. Some people say that you could taste it sometimes after applying. It supposed to have a garlic like taste. I've never tasted it after using mine.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From what I understand, the newer dmso is not quite what it was a few years back. I have a tub of old dmso & I use it sparingly. I bought mine from an agway farm store about 10 years ago. Mine is a clear jelly like substance with a powerful smell. It works wonders on my soar shoulders. However it does leave a red rash looking blotches which stay with me for a few hours after use. Some people say that you could taste it sometimes after applying. It supposed to have a garlic like taste. I've never tasted it after using mine.

Bro I just used a little on my elbow. Burns like hell. Definitely have the red blotches. So you're saying this is normal?

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
Bro I just used a little on my elbow. Burns like hell. Definitely have the red blotches. So you're saying this is normal?
Yup, but for me it burns less with longer use, but yeah lol the first:aargh4: time I tried it was not sure I could keep it up...

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have had DMSO IV along with other IVs from my anti aging endo.

I thought topical you used DSMO to deliver something else or another substance through the skin. It carries medicines, steroids or whatever through dermal layers. They formally used DMSO to use to deliver steroid to race horse joints, ligaments or tendons.

Does DSMO topical by itself do anything?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have had DMSO IV along with other IVs from my anti aging endo.

I thought topical you used DSMO to deliver something else or another substance through the skin. It carries medicines, steroids or whatever through dermal layers. They formally used DMSO to use to deliver steroid to race horse joints, ligaments or tendons.

Does DSMO topical by itself do anything?
I thought it was some form of anti inflammatory and was very effective by itself. But I just got it today and of course, could be wrong...

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Yes. Sometimes I spray some joint flex or I use liquid heet, & then apply the dmso. The dmso will absorb whatever you use deep into your muscle fibers.

Aj2000

Aj2000

Awards
DMSO is brilliant but don't over use it and defo leave the area uncovered until dry then wash the area

Foe example if you were to put a t shirt on straight away then it can and would take the dye from the t into your skin! So make sure your skin is clean etc

I use for the odd muscle injury, helps to take inflammation away and restore movement

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
can dmso be used to get roids in your body transdermally hypothetically speaking?

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
can dmso be used to get roids in your body transdermally hypothetically speaking?
Yes, but I would not recommend it and first of all you really have to know what you are doing with dmso, what kind to get, problems it may cause, etc.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes. Sometimes I spray some joint flex or I use liquid heet, & then apply the dmso. The dmso will absorb whatever you use deep into your muscle fibers.
So you spray the Joint Flex on first, then apply the DMSO second?

Sounds like a good idea. Seems like it would make the Joint Flex much more effective.

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
So you spray the Joint Flex on first, then apply the DMSO second?

Sounds like a good idea. Seems like it would make the Joint Flex much more effective.
NO don't do that Joint Flex as well as topical joint lotions and even oral joint liquids have things that should not be absobed in this way. Only add ingredients that have nothing else in them. You will want to get pure dry powders of things like Gluc. for example, but just Gluc. PURE

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NO don't do that Joint Flex as well as topical joint lotions and even oral joint liquids have things that should not be absobed in this way. Only add ingredients that have nothing else in them. You will want to get pure dry powders of things like Gluc. for example, but just Gluc. PURE
Damn. Thanks for the heads up!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm.. where can this be found.. someone PM ME!!!

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Going to give some feedback to my own thread.

I've been applying to affected areas (elbow, knee) once EOD. I use it at night after I shower, to make certain the area is clean.

I am using 90% pure DMSO. It burns like hell for about 20 mins after applying. Makes your skin look like it has a bad rash. After that the pain subsides. It is definitely effective for reducing inflammation. Both knee and elbow have been feeling better, however Ive also been giving those joints rest from heavy weights. Still working them out, just not as heavy.

Will try updating periodically if anyone is interested.

GigaPaladin

Awards
How does this compare to MSM or MSM cream?

DMSO breaks down into MSM iirc

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
Going to give some feedback to my own thread.

I've been applying to affected areas (elbow, knee) once EOD. I use it at night after I shower, to make certain the area is clean.

I am using 90% pure DMSO. It burns like hell for about 20 mins after applying. Makes your skin look like it has a bad rash. After that the pain subsides. It is definitely effective for reducing inflammation. Both knee and elbow have been feeling better, however Ive also been giving those joints rest from heavy weights. Still working them out, just not as heavy.

Will try updating periodically if anyone is interested.
Use dmso cream by Nature's Gift 70% DMSO 30% Aloe, but make SURE you buy rose scented in a cream base and you will not notice the burn.

GigaPaladin

Awards
For best absorption of MSM mix the pure MSM powder "not lotion" by NOW with the above.
Do I dissolve the msm first? Like take two tbps in 20 ml distilled water and then rub it in with DMSO or just mix the powder in the oil?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just curious, what is everyone putting in there dsmo?

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
Gluc., Chond., MSM, and have a host of others on the list to experiment with like cetyl myristoleate, HA, methyl salicyate etc.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gluc., Chond., MSM, and have a host of others on the list to experiment with like cetyl myristoleate, HA, methyl salicyate etc.
Good stuff.. appreciated.

Mike

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If anyone can help me with how to mix powder into a roll-on form of DMSO, I would appreciate it.

My guess is to apply onto skin then sprinkle powder on top??? Not sure how well that would mix/absorb.

boogyman

Awards
If anyone can help me with how to mix powder into a roll-on form of DMSO, I would appreciate it.

My guess is to apply onto skin then sprinkle powder on top??? Not sure how well that would mix/absorb.
Sounds like an inconvenient mess. Just buy a tub of the stuff.

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
If you happen to have pure emu oil or pure aloe gel on hand that could be mixed applied then apply dmso roll-on over it.

PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING. NOT ENOUGH IS KNOWN ABOUT THE SAFETY OF DMSO.
...DO NOT USE...

IF YOUR WIFE IS PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING YOU WILL OF COURSE NEED TO MAKE SURE RESIDUAL DOES NOT GET ON HER.

IF YOU HAVE DIABETES USE CAUTION. DMSO MAY INFLUENCE INSULIN.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good points to remind people of!

Mike

If you happen to have pure emu oil or pure aloe gel on hand that could be mixed applied then apply dmso roll-on over it.

PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING. NOT ENOUGH IS KNOWN ABOUT THE SAFETY OF DMSO.
...DO NOT USE...

IF YOUR WIFE IS PREGNANT OR BREASTFEEDING YOU WILL OF COURSE NEED TO MAKE SURE RESIDUAL DOES NOT GET ON HER.

IF YOU HAVE DIABETES USE CAUTION. DMSO MAY INFLUENCE INSULIN.