Need a big help for my studies!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. X2..... for the FocusXT (Caffeine free for me... On a stim free cycle) + CDP-Choline (Via VERSA-1) + DAA. Excellent for both studies and laser focused gym sessions.
    RXS Supplements
    [email protected]
    www.rxssupplements.com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    And yet so interesting! Ever wonder how you can isometrically (no movement) contract your biceps and somehow they get larger, even though no physical contraction of the muscle has occurred? I'll let you ponder that one...it's physics
    Meh biophysics oh jeez . Not sure. So how would I test that, hold my arm straight and squeeze the bicep lol Is that what you mean ? So as you squeeze you have increased blood flow, squeezing constricts the area of the bicep , causing the blood to concentrate in one place, erm causing the bicep to look bigger ? That's my stab at it ha.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    And yet so interesting! Ever wonder how you can isometrically (no movement) contract your biceps and somehow they get larger, even though no physical contraction of the muscle has occurred? I'll let you ponder that one...it's physics
    In for this. I'm missing out on a lot of potential bicep growth here at work.

  4. Dopamine releasing agents and dopamine reuptake inhibitors, transporter or blockers may produce effects people perceive as enhancing cognition. I don't really buy a true increase in cognition from stimulants (caffeine, Ritalin or Adderall) or racetams. May give you energy and drive, but depending on individual's chemistry, they may get same effects from agents binding to mu opioid receptors. Being alert and euphoric does not necessarily equate smart or increased cognition.

    Provigil has a different mechanism or delivery. I may be wrong, but it does not bind to receptors, in the traditional sense, for dopamine, GABA, serotonin, or noripinephrine. I believe Provigil increases cerebral blood flow in the bilateral prefrontal cortices and decreases blood flow to certain parts of the cerebellum. Provigil fires orexin containing neurons.

    I don't really understand drug too well, but wife is an endo and does. I have just had this discussion before and have considered it, but wanted to make sure it mechanism were different from DRAs or DRIs. Provigil, as has been explained to me, may actually be the real deal and actually increase cognition as opposed to substances that just make you wired and think your smart. My concern with it is long term dependence and effects.

    People like Coop are obviously very smart and perhaps don't need anything except a jolt to make those long hours doable.

  5. Well..., any suggestion about CDP-Choline's brands???
    And Cooper, what a bout dosages of ALCAR + cdp-Choline???
    Maybe 2gr a day splitted ALCAR + Choline (how much)???
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    In healthy humans, I don't see much merit in methylcobalamin use. It is used in two pathways: methylmalonic acid metabolism and homocysteine methylation (dominant pathway, not betaine-mediated).

    In unhealthy humans, it promotes re-myelination when megadosed, and it reduces ectopic nerve firing as well. However, since you have neither demyelinated nor ectopic nerves, I wouldn't expect much.

    If deficient, administration can increase hunger and energy levels. However, deficiency is essentially impossible unless you have genetic intrinsic factor deficiency, inflammatory bowel disease, or gastric bypass. Typical dietary consumption is several hundred or thousand-fold above the RDA
    With respect to our previous conversations, I agree that the typical diet (of an athlete/weightlifter/bodybuilder/etc.) does not warrant the use of any b vitamins. I was Pubmed-ing the other day, and starting researching methylcobalamin. As always, one can draw any type of correlation that he/she would like. However, most people don't have a problem with the lack of meat in their diet.

    What about administration of other NMDA antagonists like D-Serine or sarcosine during exam week?

  7. Really need to stop being a punk and buy some CF Focus XT myself...

    For those that use CDP-Choline do you use a certain brand? Just wondering if Jarrow is the most economical option.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Really need to stop being a punk and buy some CF Focus XT myself...

    For those that use CDP-Choline do you use a certain brand? Just wondering if Jarrow is the most economical option.
    If focus xt has choline in it what's the need to add more ? Unless you were dosing choline everyday.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Really need to stop being a punk and buy some CF Focus XT myself...

    For those that use CDP-Choline do you use a certain brand? Just wondering if Jarrow is the most economical option.
    Most CDP-Choline used in products is of the Cognizin trademarked brand (Jarrow, LEF, Swanson, etc.). You can find some in bulk though.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post

    If focus xt has choline in it what's the need to add more ? Unless you were dosing choline everyday.
    Not everyone doses Focus XT everyday therefore yes buying in bulk is a good idea to dose everyday.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

  11. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Not everyone doses Focus XT everyday therefore yes buying in bulk is a good idea to dose everyday.
    Yes. I dose CDP-Choline and ALCAR everyday, but only use FXT in the week or leading up to the exam (to take advantage of the huperzine-a during that time period).

  12. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post

    Yes. I dose CDP-Choline and ALCAR everyday, but only use FXT in the week or leading up to the exam (to take advantage of the huperzine-a during that time period).
    Ya I figured this is what most people did with FXT. The CDP-Choline + ALCAR combo sounds nice for sure though.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

  13. And why waste perfectly good money on CDP-choline when you can just Choline-citrate for under half the price? Anyways - if one had the money I would add Centrophenoxine. Its the best Ive found sofar for increasing memory retention. It releases DMAE in the brain which is a precursor to choline. And to extend on 996ttelises point, I guess that it would be a good idea to consider that being super-hopped up on stims for weeks before an exam might make you feel more burned out? Balance is key, in my humble opinion :-)

  14. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Ya I figured this is what most people did with FXT. The CDP-Choline + ALCAR combo sounds nice for sure though.
    I enjoy using it, and it directly benefits my career (and exams for being fully credentialed in my field).

  15. Quote Originally Posted by ScienceFreak View Post
    And why waste perfectly good money on CDP-choline when you can just Choline-citrate for under half the price? Anyways - if one had the money I would add Centrophenoxine. Its the best Ive found sofar for increasing memory retention. It releases DMAE in the brain which is a precursor to choline. And to extend on 996ttelises point, I guess that it would be a good idea to consider that being super-hopped up on stims for weeks before an exam might make you feel more burned out? Balance is key, in my humble opinion :-)
    CDP-Choline is more expensive than citrate/bitartrate. However, CDP-Choline raises not only plasma choline, but it also plays a role in raising ribonucleic pools (it increases uridine and the cytidine moiety can stimulate phosphatidylcholine synthesis, too).

  16. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Ever wonder how you can isometrically (no movement) contract your biceps and somehow they get larger, even though no physical contraction of the muscle has occurred? I'll let you ponder that one...it's physics
    This blew my mind! It reminds me of one of those ancient proverbs, such as, the "sound of one hand clapping" or the old "if a tree falls in the woods"

    This one will stay with me forever!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Most CDP-Choline used in products is of the Cognizin trademarked brand (Jarrow, LEF, Swanson, etc.). You can find some in bulk though.
    Thanks. Ya I'll probably just continue with the Jarrow unless I come upon a sale/better deal from another brand.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    My life = studying.

    My supplements = Focus XT, CDP-Choline, ALCAR, Demiurge
    i have alpha-gpc in my stash as choline source (as alternative to cdp). i dont see a big price difference here in europe between these two so i prefer the alpha-gpc.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

    Thanks. Ya I'll probably just continue with the Jarrow unless I come upon a sale/better deal from another brand.
    Yes, that is what I usually do-choose the cheapest I can find.
    EvoMuse

  20. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I'm currently on it as I have a big exam Friday.1 scoop Focus XT25mg Ephedrine100mg PhenylPEvery 4 hours.And then, 2 hours after dosing the above stack (so between 2 Focus XT doses), I do 250mg CDP-Choline and 1g ALCAR.I repeat this 3-4 times a day during exam week. Oh, and I take 3g DAA daily for the week leading up to the examine. NMDA agonism promotes LTP and short term memory formation.Finally, write before the exam, I am typically sleep-deprived and take 200mg caffeine, 50mg 1,3D, and 500-1000mg PhenylP.
    *copy, save, got it. Ok, looks like I have my study protocol ready when I start up in just a couple months. Thanks for the nice outline Cy!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  21. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    Not everyone doses Focus XT everyday therefore yes buying in bulk is a good idea to dose everyday.
    Ah I could never dose something like that everyday just for the shear fact of money and dependence .

  22. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Nootropics as mentioned. Choline and Huperzine-A as well or some Focus XT.
    this is right.
    choline bitartrate is cheap as dirt.
    if you can stomach it straight, it is fool-proof ritual to ace that exam.

    choline, omegas
    sleep.
    low carb leading into the test keeps your head light, not heavy from nasty food.
    + survival mode = performance mode

    focus xt is a surprisingly good product and can be had for a very good price with 5minutes searching.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    In healthy humans, I don't see much merit in methylcobalamin use. It is used in two pathways: methylmalonic acid metabolism and homocysteine methylation (dominant pathway, not betaine-mediated).

    In unhealthy humans, it promotes re-myelination when megadosed, and it reduces ectopic nerve firing as well. However, since you have neither demyelinated nor ectopic nerves, I wouldn't expect much.

    If deficient, administration can increase hunger and energy levels. However, deficiency is essentially impossible unless you have genetic intrinsic factor deficiency, inflammatory bowel disease, or gastric bypass. Typical dietary consumption is several hundred or thousand-fold above the RDA
    ectopic nerve damage?

  24. hell man, just drink this stuff



    /thread
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need Serious pct help for my older brother
    By NattyLiftr08 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 09:36 PM
  2. Need BIG gains for my next bodybuilding show
    By bruthaf in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 01:08 AM
  3. Need help for my wife and her weight
    By Stinger124 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 10:05 AM
  4. Need some help for my Mom... Dr D ?? anyone ?
    By Stinger124 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 08:51 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 02:43 AM
Log in
Log in