Need a big help for my studies!!

milanownz

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys, i'm trying to find the best stack to improve my cognitive functions and, in general, to enhance my brain because i the next 6-7 motnhs i've to study a lot hard to do a semi-impossible exam, so i need all the cheats to be ready to go for it; so, which product do you suggest to use in those months???
I've read about mr.cooper's post on ALCAR, so, i ask, is it enough or do i have to add something else to it (except some antioxidants i mean)??
Hope to do the best stack possible;
anyway i was thinking to go with ALCAR 2gr splitted in 2 doses a day + Choline Citrate 1gr a day, but i'm not sure if it'll work the best so, please, help me!!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
perhaps investigate nootropics in addition to running alcar..seems to be the popular thing to do these days
lots of existing threads available to peruse on this topic..

best

milanownz

Awards
  • Established
Mmmm..., dunno, i'm a bit skeptical on racetams!!
Anyway what about Modafinil???

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nootropics as mentioned. Choline and Huperzine-A as well or some Focus XT.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fish oils

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
racetams or Focus XT get my vote.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ECA stack gets me wired, or you could always mess with adderal

milanownz

Awards
  • Established
Focus XT + ALCAR sounds good???
Anyway Adderall isn't available with this name in the EU (i'm from Italy)!!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
It was just a question bro, just to know what you guys think about it :)
i cannot speak for anyone else, or what i feel is poor advice for you..
what i can say for myself is: i will not give you any advice nor feedback pertaining to Rx drugs for any use, whatsoever - be it off-label or otherwise

My life = studying.

My supplements = Focus XT, CDP-Choline, ALCAR, Demiurge
there's the expert, right there

milanownz

Awards
  • Established
i cannot speak for anyone else, or what i feel is poor advice for you..what i can say for myself is: i will not give you any advice nor feedback pertaining to Rx drugs for any use, whatsoever - be it off-label or otherwisethere's the expert, right there
Just waiting for him!! Lol..Anyway cooper, dosages for that stack???

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Stim-free focus xt and alcar together is what I go to for studies!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Just waiting for him!! Lol..Anyway cooper, dosages for that stack???
I'm currently on it as I have a big exam Friday.
1 scoop Focus XT
25mg Ephedrine
100mg PhenylP

Every 4 hours.

And then, 2 hours after dosing the above stack (so between 2 Focus XT doses), I do 250mg CDP-Choline and 1g ALCAR.

I repeat this 3-4 times a day during exam week. Oh, and I take 3g DAA daily for the week leading up to the examine. NMDA agonism promotes LTP and short term memory formation.

Finally, write before the exam, I am typically sleep-deprived and take 200mg caffeine, 50mg 1,3D, and 500-1000mg PhenylP.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
I'm currently on it as I have a big exam Friday.
1 scoop Focus XT
25mg Ephedrine
100mg PhenylP

Every 4 hours.

And then, 2 hours after dosing the above stack (so between 2 Focus XT doses), I do 250mg CDP-Choline and 1g ALCAR.

I repeat this 3-4 times a day during exam week. Oh, and I take 3g DAA daily for the week leading up to the examine. NMDA agonism promotes LTP and short term memory formation.

Finally, write before the exam, I am typically sleep-deprived and take 200mg caffeine, 50mg 1,3D, and 500-1000mg PhenylP.
If I used that stack my life would=studying as well,nice info.

milanownz

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently on it as I have a big exam Friday.1 scoop Focus XT25mg Ephedrine100mg PhenylPEvery 4 hours.And then, 2 hours after dosing the above stack (so between 2 Focus XT doses), I do 250mg CDP-Choline and 1g ALCAR.I repeat this 3-4 times a day during exam week. Oh, and I take 3g DAA daily for the week leading up to the examine. NMDA agonism promotes LTP and short term memory formation.Finally, write before the exam, I am typically sleep-deprived and take 200mg caffeine, 50mg 1,3D, and 500-1000mg PhenylP.
Thanks a lot dude. I'll try that shiz; do i use that stack for 5-6 months of study (except for the writeup regarding the exam week i mean)???

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was very impressed with Focus XT in terms of mental clarity.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excited to try Focus XT as I have not yet. As of now I don't need to study very much (feel bad for coop...my head would explode) but still good to have everything on hand just in case :D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks a lot dude. I'll try that shiz; do i use that stack for 5-6 months of study (except for the writeup regarding the exam week i mean)???
I really only use the CDP-Choline and ALCAR daily. Focus XT and demiurge for the week before, along with DAA.

that sleep-deprivation might be showing a lil bit early, my brother

:stick:

in any event - good luck with the exam
Thanks bro and good catch!

Excited to try Focus XT as I have not yet. As of now I don't need to study very much (feel bad for coop...my head would explode) but still good to have everything on hand just in case :D
I've seriously embraced studying at this point. It's only a chore if you make it out to be one. Learning new stuff is seriously my #1 passion right now, and that includes all of schoolwork. Just keep that positive mindset!

domore

Awards
Posing a question:

High dosed methylcobalamin. Go.

My understanding is its ability to help regenerate nerves in humans with peripheral neuropathies, and its use in treatment of some diseases (Bell's Palsy, Parkinson's).

What purpose dose it serve in Ultima (original Ultima dose was 15mg) or as a brain nutrient in healthy individuals? (This question is disregarding the other functions of methylcobalamin in the methionine cycle, etc.)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Posing a question:

High dosed methylcobalamin. Go.

My understanding is its ability to help regenerate nerves in humans with peripheral neuropathies, and its use in treatment of some diseases (Bell's Palsy, Parkinson's).

What purpose dose it serve in Ultima (original Ultima dose was 15mg) or as a brain nutrient in healthy individuals? (This question is disregarding the other functions of methylcobalamin in the methionine cycle, etc.)
In healthy humans, I don't see much merit in methylcobalamin use. It is used in two pathways: methylmalonic acid metabolism and homocysteine methylation (dominant pathway, not betaine-mediated).

In unhealthy humans, it promotes re-myelination when megadosed, and it reduces ectopic nerve firing as well. However, since you have neither demyelinated nor ectopic nerves, I wouldn't expect much.

If deficient, administration can increase hunger and energy levels. However, deficiency is essentially impossible unless you have genetic intrinsic factor deficiency, inflammatory bowel disease, or gastric bypass. Typical dietary consumption is several hundred or thousand-fold above the RDA

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I run either demiurge at 150-200mg, 1 scoop focus xt and 1 scoop craze prior to a study session. DAA loaded a week before my exams (thanks coop :D) and this works for me. Usually just 200 mg of demiurge before an exam and maybe ill toss some caffeine in there since I usually only sleep for 4 hours now.

Seriously this stack is effective, just came off a 5 hour chem study binge then 3 hours of bio/physics after and my mind wasn't mush either .

Learning would be more fun if physics wasn't involved, what a crappy science so boring -___-.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I run either demiurge at 150-200mg, 1 scoop focus xt and 1 scoop craze prior to a study session. DAA loaded a week before my exams (thanks coop :D) and this works for me. Usually just 200 mg of demiurge before an exam and maybe ill toss some caffeine in there since I usually only sleep for 4 hours now.

Seriously this stack is effective, just came off a 5 hour chem study binge then 3 hours of bio/physics after and my mind wasn't mush either .

Learning would be more fun if physics wasn't involved, what a crappy science so boring -___-.
And yet so interesting! Ever wonder how you can isometrically (no movement) contract your biceps and somehow they get larger, even though no physical contraction of the muscle has occurred? I'll let you ponder that one...it's physics

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
X2..... for the FocusXT (Caffeine free for me... On a stim free cycle) + CDP-Choline (Via VERSA-1) + DAA. Excellent for both studies and laser focused gym sessions.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And yet so interesting! Ever wonder how you can isometrically (no movement) contract your biceps and somehow they get larger, even though no physical contraction of the muscle has occurred? I'll let you ponder that one...it's physics
Meh biophysics oh jeez . Not sure. So how would I test that, hold my arm straight and squeeze the bicep lol Is that what you mean ? So as you squeeze you have increased blood flow, squeezing constricts the area of the bicep , causing the blood to concentrate in one place, erm causing the bicep to look bigger ? That's my stab at it ha.

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
In for this. I'm missing out on a lot of potential bicep growth here at work.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dopamine releasing agents and dopamine reuptake inhibitors, transporter or blockers may produce effects people perceive as enhancing cognition. I don't really buy a true increase in cognition from stimulants (caffeine, Ritalin or Adderall) or racetams. May give you energy and drive, but depending on individual's chemistry, they may get same effects from agents binding to mu opioid receptors. Being alert and euphoric does not necessarily equate smart or increased cognition.

Provigil has a different mechanism or delivery. I may be wrong, but it does not bind to receptors, in the traditional sense, for dopamine, GABA, serotonin, or noripinephrine. I believe Provigil increases cerebral blood flow in the bilateral prefrontal cortices and decreases blood flow to certain parts of the cerebellum. Provigil fires orexin containing neurons.

I don't really understand drug too well, but wife is an endo and does. I have just had this discussion before and have considered it, but wanted to make sure it mechanism were different from DRAs or DRIs. Provigil, as has been explained to me, may actually be the real deal and actually increase cognition as opposed to substances that just make you wired and think your smart. My concern with it is long term dependence and effects.

People like Coop are obviously very smart and perhaps don't need anything except a jolt to make those long hours doable.

milanownz

Awards
  • Established
Well..., any suggestion about CDP-Choline's brands???
And Cooper, what a bout dosages of ALCAR + cdp-Choline???
Maybe 2gr a day splitted ALCAR + Choline (how much)???

domore

Awards
In healthy humans, I don't see much merit in methylcobalamin use. It is used in two pathways: methylmalonic acid metabolism and homocysteine methylation (dominant pathway, not betaine-mediated).

In unhealthy humans, it promotes re-myelination when megadosed, and it reduces ectopic nerve firing as well. However, since you have neither demyelinated nor ectopic nerves, I wouldn't expect much.

If deficient, administration can increase hunger and energy levels. However, deficiency is essentially impossible unless you have genetic intrinsic factor deficiency, inflammatory bowel disease, or gastric bypass. Typical dietary consumption is several hundred or thousand-fold above the RDA
With respect to our previous conversations, I agree that the typical diet (of an athlete/weightlifter/bodybuilder/etc.) does not warrant the use of any b vitamins. I was Pubmed-ing the other day, and starting researching methylcobalamin. As always, one can draw any type of correlation that he/she would like. However, most people don't have a problem with the lack of meat in their diet.

What about administration of other NMDA antagonists like D-Serine or sarcosine during exam week?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really need to stop being a punk and buy some CF Focus XT myself...

For those that use CDP-Choline do you use a certain brand? Just wondering if Jarrow is the most economical option.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

For those that use CDP-Choline do you use a certain brand? Just wondering if Jarrow is the most economical option.
If focus xt has choline in it what's the need to add more ? Unless you were dosing choline everyday.

domore

Awards

Most CDP-Choline used in products is of the Cognizin trademarked brand (Jarrow, LEF, Swanson, etc.). You can find some in bulk though.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If focus xt has choline in it what's the need to add more ? Unless you were dosing choline everyday.
Not everyone doses Focus XT everyday therefore yes buying in bulk is a good idea to dose everyday.

domore

Awards
Not everyone doses Focus XT everyday therefore yes buying in bulk is a good idea to dose everyday.
Yes. I dose CDP-Choline and ALCAR everyday, but only use FXT in the week or leading up to the exam (to take advantage of the huperzine-a during that time period).

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. I dose CDP-Choline and ALCAR everyday, but only use FXT in the week or leading up to the exam (to take advantage of the huperzine-a during that time period).
Ya I figured this is what most people did with FXT. The CDP-Choline + ALCAR combo sounds nice for sure though.

ScienceFreak

Awards
And why waste perfectly good money on CDP-choline when you can just Choline-citrate for under half the price? Anyways - if one had the money I would add Centrophenoxine. Its the best I´ve found sofar for increasing memory retention. It releases DMAE in the brain which is a precursor to choline. And to extend on 996ttelises point, I guess that it would be a good idea to consider that being super-hopped up on stims for weeks before an exam might make you feel more burned out? Balance is key, in my humble opinion :)

domore

Awards
Ya I figured this is what most people did with FXT. The CDP-Choline + ALCAR combo sounds nice for sure though.
I enjoy using it, and it directly benefits my career (and exams for being fully credentialed in my field).

domore

Awards
And why waste perfectly good money on CDP-choline when you can just Choline-citrate for under half the price? Anyways - if one had the money I would add Centrophenoxine. Its the best I´ve found sofar for increasing memory retention. It releases DMAE in the brain which is a precursor to choline. And to extend on 996ttelises point, I guess that it would be a good idea to consider that being super-hopped up on stims for weeks before an exam might make you feel more burned out? Balance is key, in my humble opinion :)
CDP-Choline is more expensive than citrate/bitartrate. However, CDP-Choline raises not only plasma choline, but it also plays a role in raising ribonucleic pools (it increases uridine and the cytidine moiety can stimulate phosphatidylcholine synthesis, too).

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Ever wonder how you can isometrically (no movement) contract your biceps and somehow they get larger, even though no physical contraction of the muscle has occurred? I'll let you ponder that one...it's physics
This blew my mind! It reminds me of one of those ancient proverbs, such as, the "sound of one hand clapping" or the old "if a tree falls in the woods"

This one will stay with me forever!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most CDP-Choline used in products is of the Cognizin trademarked brand (Jarrow, LEF, Swanson, etc.). You can find some in bulk though.
Thanks. Ya I'll probably just continue with the Jarrow unless I come upon a sale/better deal from another brand.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My life = studying.

My supplements = Focus XT, CDP-Choline, ALCAR, Demiurge
i have alpha-gpc in my stash as choline source (as alternative to cdp). i dont see a big price difference here in europe between these two so i prefer the alpha-gpc.

domore

Awards
Thanks. Ya I'll probably just continue with the Jarrow unless I come upon a sale/better deal from another brand.
Yes, that is what I usually do-choose the cheapest I can find.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm currently on it as I have a big exam Friday.1 scoop Focus XT25mg Ephedrine100mg PhenylPEvery 4 hours.And then, 2 hours after dosing the above stack (so between 2 Focus XT doses), I do 250mg CDP-Choline and 1g ALCAR.I repeat this 3-4 times a day during exam week. Oh, and I take 3g DAA daily for the week leading up to the examine. NMDA agonism promotes LTP and short term memory formation.Finally, write before the exam, I am typically sleep-deprived and take 200mg caffeine, 50mg 1,3D, and 500-1000mg PhenylP.
*copy, save, got it. Ok, looks like I have my study protocol ready when I start up in just a couple months. Thanks for the nice outline Cy! :D

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah I could never dose something like that everyday just for the shear fact of money and dependence .

jin

jin

Awards
  • Established
Nootropics as mentioned. Choline and Huperzine-A as well or some Focus XT.
this is right.
choline bitartrate is cheap as dirt.
if you can stomach it straight, it is fool-proof ritual to ace that exam.

choline, omegas
sleep.
low carb leading into the test keeps your head light, not heavy from nasty food.
+ survival mode = performance mode

focus xt is a surprisingly good product and can be had for a very good price with 5minutes searching.

jin

jin

Awards
  • Established

ectopic nerve damage?