supplement powerlifting

and_drew17

and_drew17

Awards
What is the best supplement for powerlifting currently taking animal pak and m stak

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've posted on your previous thread regarding your Total so I know where you're coming from.

There is no single supplement that's specfically designed for powerlifting vs bodybuilding.

Edit:
At your age I won't recommend anything besides whey protein, creatine, and some fish oil. That'd benefit you more than what you're currently taking. I buy whatever protein is on sale and bulk creatine monohydrate for $7.

Proper diet and training will be your friend. Youre already strong, just continue with it. No supplement will magically put 20lbs onto your total if diet and training aren't in check.

and_drew17

and_drew17

Awards
I've posted on your previous thread regarding your Total so I know where you're coming from.

There is no single supplement that's specfically designed for powerlifting vs bodybuilding.
Nothing seems to work For me not even pre workouts I feel like I'm immune to stimulants ect.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing seems to work For me not even pre workouts I feel like I'm immune to stimulants ect.
What are you looking for in a supplement? (Regardless, far a teenager I still won't recommend anything outside of what I said already)

and_drew17

and_drew17

Awards
What are you looking for in a supplement? (Regardless, as a teenager I still won't recommend anything outside of what I said already)
Faster Recovery we have a football workout weights sprints then a powerlifting workout every single day and something that helps with strength gains I feel like I'm loosing a lot from all the running

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're losing a lot from running then you're going to have to eat more, man. No supplement can make that up for you. Don't avoid peanut butter, red meat, whole milk, ect Rest will be another big factor as well. I'm sure you know all this and I don't mean to insult you..but I don't see a supplement making that up for you.

and_drew17

and_drew17

Awards
If you're losing a lot from running then you're going to have to eat more, man. No supplement can make that up for you. Don't avoid peanut butter, red meat, whole milk, ect Rest will be another big factor as well. I'm sure you know all this and I don't mean to insult you..but I don't see a supplement making that up for you.
Alright thanks man I should start planning on bringing my own lunch to school the lunches are shi* 6 meals a day? Or

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright thanks man I should start planning on bringing my own lunch to school the lunches are shi* 6 meals a day? Or
I don't buy that 6 meals a day thing. Just eat man. If you think you ate enough..wrong, eat more. Bring some PB&Js and roast beef sandwiches to school with you. Youre young and athletic-You can afford to eat wtf you want and I can't.

JudoJosh just gave you an awesome link. The man that wrote that book is a genious. Simple and Effective.

and_drew17

and_drew17

Awards
I don't buy that 6 meals a day thing. Just eat man. If you think you ate enough..wrong, eat more.

JudoJosh just gave you an awesome link. The man that wrote that book is a genious. Simple and Effective.
Awesome my strength coach program revolves around this guy

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's my meal plan from high school. It took me from 150 to 197 as a freshman. I recommend conditioning while bulking. You wanna get used to moving at your new weight.

6am
4 pieces toast, butter and PB&J
4 eggs scrambled

7:45
School breakfast

9:30
Mass shake mixed with gatorade

11:00
School lunch, mooch as many milks as possible

2:30
Pre practice meal, usually chicken and rice

Post Practice Shake

Dinner (dad cooked big)

Snack

I blew the **** up and put 50lbs on my bench alone in one spring.

Nowadays, I eat more. Less shakes, more food, more calories. Food is the #1 powerlifting supplement.

and_drew17

and_drew17

Awards
Here's my meal plan from high school. It took me from 150 to 197 as a freshman. I recommend conditioning while bulking. You wanna get used to moving at your new weight.

6am
4 pieces toast, butter and PB&J
4 eggs scrambled

7:45
School breakfast

9:30
Mass shake mixed with gatorade

11:00
School lunch, mooch as many milks as possible

2:30
Pre practice meal, usually chicken and rice

Post Practice Shake

Dinner (dad cooked big)

Snack

I blew the **** up and put 50lbs on my bench alone in one spring.

Nowadays, I eat more. Less shakes, more food, more calories. Food is the #1 powerlifting supplement.
Nice man ill try it out

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even now, the only supplements I take as staples are protein powder, fish oil, and ALCAR. At your age, recovery should not be an issue as your training threshold is very high due to your test levels being at or near their peak. Plus, the outside stressors are going to be much lower since you don't have a full-time job, high amounts of bills, etc.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even now, the only supplements I take as staples are protein powder, fish oil, and ALCAR. At your age, recovery should not be an issue as your training threshold is very high due to your test levels being at or near their peak. Plus, the outside stressors are going to be much lower since you don't have a full-time job, high amounts of bills, etc.
OMG its been a looong time since those werent a part of my lifes equation. Add to that college classes, a wife and 2 kids and its amazing that I havent went insane from all my stress yet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OMG its been a looong time since those werent a part of my lifes equation. Add to that college classes, a wife and 2 kids and its amazing that I havent went insane from all my stress yet.
It's often the things that you cannot change that are the biggest reasons for a lack of progress. I know the OP is young, but there will come a time when he will realize that the training template and nutrition are far and away the biggest factors in PL'ing and not supplements (except for those other "supplements").

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
From my experience, I've seen my best gains when my diet and eating habits are in check. Its important to follow a diet where you maximize anabolic activity with timely carbohydrate/protein intake.

Once you get your diet in check I would use supplements to help get your strength up!

Protein(whey/blend + casein at night),Creatine, PLCAR, Agmatine, Citrulline, BCAAs, DHA and Omega-3 fish oil.

That's keeping it simple without going the Hormonal route.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
All the food you can eat. All of the heavy weights require plus practice require tons of nutrients for recovery and to put on additional size strength. Never too early to start taking joint products as well. Supplement with protein shakes, vitamins/minerals, fish oil, lots of sleep