Trying to get big

patrick96826

Awards
What supps should I take and could you break down the usage and post usage for me .much appreciated

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use the search button and you'll get more answers.

Plus its hard to help when no one knows your stats (weight, height, etc).

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For muscles, protein and lots if it. Hard work and dedication in the gym. I dint think supplements today do much for you except protein. Preworkouts are good to give you energy and motivation in the gym. Preworkout may help you move weight, but it is mostly energy from caffeine and stuff like DMAA, synephrine or whatever gives you a little boost and energy. Back in the 90, supps were pretty awesome. Today, ehh. It's all about diet now unless you go AAS.

patrick96826

Awards
I'm 6,2 200 lbs I work construction and I do weights 4 days a week

patrick96826

Awards
Welli take in about 3500 calories I cook all my food I even have a cheat day,I'm still a beginner when it comes to how much I should work out and I'm taking whey, extended release whey ,creatine mono hydrate ,and bcaa and glut amine complex that's pretty much it

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Too be honest, that's all I'd recommend. Protein and creatine. Most of all just ensure you eat right and eat enough.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Gym time: know proper form! Lift heavy (5/3/1 or 5x5 program is awesome) SQUAT's make the body grow!!!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welli take in about 3500 calories I cook all my food I even have a cheat day,I'm still a beginner when it comes to how much I should work out and I'm taking whey, extended release
whey ,creatine mono hydrate ,and bcaa and glut amine complex that's pretty much it
Drop the glutamine complex.

Get a good workout plan along with your diet down (which it seems you may have already). Keep taking your protein, creatine, and BCAA. You could add Beta Alanine and Agmatine if you wanted.

Since you're still a beginner your body will respond quicker with just a well planned diet, workout plan, and make sure your getting enough rest.

Some supplements that would help: Anabeta/Anabeta Elite :D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Drop the glutamine complex.

Get a good workout plan along with your diet down (which it seems you may have already). Keep taking your protein, creatine, and BCAA. You could add Beta Alanine and Agmatine if you wanted.

Since you're still a beginner your body will respond quicker with just a well planned diet, workout plan, and make sure your getting enough rest.

Some supplements that would help: Anabeta/Anabeta Elite :D
Agreed with all this.

Working construction 4 days a week can really drive up your energy expenditure. As I always say, Anabeta + whole milk to compensate!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed with all this.

Working construction 4 days a week can really drive up your energy expenditure. As I always say, Anabeta + whole milk to compensate!
I think we should start selling combo packs of Anabeta + Coupons for grocery stores or maybe Nutra will actually throw in a Gallon of milk with each order. :D

Considering you are newer to this stuff I would say keep it real simple for now. Do you have a solid workout program planned out? Don't over-think the supplement end of this right now just stick with some basics (Kbanye laid it out nicely).

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What others have echoed as far as work and dedication.
Everyone I have ran into in this games wants to have their goals yesterday. It is only normal I suppose.
Patience, and working towards a goal, and as the time goes by, you see increases, in strength, BW, work capacity, diet etc.
I am not boned up on all the super supplements out there these days, but I can guarantee, they don't work as well as hard work on a consistent basis, focus and keeping your head sewn down to your said routine, using big compound exercises and eating big. Adding in supps to that regular mix, may/can take you to the next level or aid in your goals.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
For muscles, protein and lots if it. Hard work and dedication in the gym. I dint think supplements today do much for you except protein. Preworkouts are good to give you energy and motivation in the gym. Preworkout may help you move weight, but it is mostly energy from caffeine and stuff like DMAA, synephrine or whatever gives you a little boost and energy. Back in the 90, supps were pretty awesome. Today, ehh. It's all about diet now unless you go AAS.
i dis agree. carbs and fats are just as important

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dis agree. carbs and fats are just as important
Cool, not trying to say carbs and fats are not important. I am only 179 pounds and find it a challenge to get sufficient protein and very easy to get carbs and fats. You guys that are really into it probably have a different outlook on foods and macros than guys like me or neophytes who just try and eat healthy, but still eat pretty much what I want within reason.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Cool, not trying to say carbs and fats are not important. I am only 179 pounds and find it a challenge to get sufficient protein and very easy to get carbs and fats. You guys that are really into it probably have a different outlook on foods and macros than guys like me or neophytes who just try and eat healthy, but still eat pretty much what I want within reason.
you will realize over time that high amounts of protein arent needed to add size, im 187 but consume 130-160g of protein.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
you will realize over time that high amounts of protein arent needed to add size, im 187 but consume 130-160g of protein.
conversely - i am 200# but take in on average 300g + protein daily

however - it is not with the intent of "getting big" that i position my protein this way..
rather, it is staying lean first & foremost, and muscle nourishment a close second

protein, as i've said elsewhere and will continue to state repeatedly, is not the most friendly macro with which to boost your mass..in fact, it is the least helpful, all things being equal

lots of good stuff in here for OP to digest, with the exception of all you yahoos who are pushing MILK!!! :twak:

no grown man should be drinking milk
/rant

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i think they meant muscle milk. haha