Quick questions regarding legality of certain supplements in WADA

DSR21

Awards
Hello, just a few quick questions regarding a few supplements. Ive looked around and i cannot find anything concrete about if you are able to use any of these in WADA/IOC tested sports

-Npept-10 (n-phenylacetyl-l-prolylglycine) :also detection time?
-DS Craze (PEA along with a few other ingredients) :also detection time?
-Caffeine (regarding cutoff for legality; i believe there is a certain threshold you cannot pass)
-Lean xtreme (dhea?)

thanks for the help

Submisfit

Awards
Hello, just a few quick questions regarding a few supplements. Ive looked around and i cannot find anything concrete about if you are able to use any of these in WADA/IOC tested sports

-Npept-10 (n-phenylacetyl-l-prolylglycine) :also detection time?
-DS Craze (PEA along with a few other ingredients) :also detection time?
-Caffeine (regarding cutoff for legality; i believe there is a certain threshold you cannot pass)
-Lean xtreme (dhea?)

thanks for the help
IOC cut off for caffeine is 12-15 ug/ml, or 12-15 mg/L urine.
PM me for some sources on what's okay; I don't have enough posts to post links yet, but I found the cutoffs for swimming pretty easily. It varies a bit by body chemistry, but the equivalent of 3-6 cups of coffee per day is enough to push some people over the limit.

EDIT just kidding about PM I guess; need 10 posts to be able to do that. Google "swimming+"FINA lists banned substances" and "Caffeine renal clearance and urine caffeine concentrations during steady state dosing. Implications for monitoring caffeine intake during sports events." First is on swimmingworldmagazine, second is on ncbi.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i believe almost everything is prohibited by this organisation :evil:

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
your best bet is to contact your sporting organization and get clarification from them directly, rather than attempting to figure it out yourself or asking an unknown entity on the internet

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/World_Anti-Doping_Program/WADP-Prohibited-list/2012/WADA_Prohibited_List_2012_EN.pdf

I get tested. Wife is an endo and dietician that works with athletes rehabbing at Andrews Clinic in Gulf Breeze and knows a little about clearance time or detection issues. This does narrow your selections. You can call organization if you gave questions, but be careful about asking detection times and clearance rates.

I get a lot of bloods run including fill hormone and some weird vitamin and mineral thingy once a month. Wife orders mass spec on my bloods to make sure things are cool as I have taken some questionable supps like Craze a few times. I believe synephrine is still okay and caffeine should be cool unless whacked amount during competition. I think cut off is 5 micrograms per milliter. Ask questions about substances not prohibited except at certain levels, but be careful about asking for clearance of prohibited substances.