How much Zink to "boost" test?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
My ZMA have 30mg of Zink, can/should I add more to get full benefit from Zink?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My ZMA have 30mg of Zink, can/should I add more to get full benefit from Zink?
Why reply on ZMA to boost your test? When there are greater more effective options...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First it is Zinc. Second it shouldn't really be boosting test unless you are deficient. Third I take zinc anyways for other benefits. :D

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
First it is Zinc. Second it shouldn't really be boosting test unless you are deficient. Third I take zinc anyways for other benefits. :D
Yes Zinc should be a staple. The only reason ZMA was so successful as a test booster for some was because so many people are deficient.

I use 50mg Zinc Gluconate daily, and make my own ZMA. I like the b6 before bed. Always get a great nights sleep.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Why reply on ZMA to boost your test? When there are greater more effective options...
I know, I use other stuff also and want to get the full benefit from everything. Have been cutting now for a while and life feels like ****... :(
I "look" better than ever but feel like ****, just want to give myself a "boost"

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
zink must be a new supplement, can't wait to hear about it

as mentioned zinc can be deficient in the body and it's why zma could be good
either way if your looking for a "boost" zma is not the best option in terms of boosting test....heres just a quick copy and paste

The study included 14 healthy male subjects. All of the subjects exercised regularly and had a sufficient dietary zinc intake of 11.9-23.2 mg daily. 2 weeks before beginning supplementation with ZMA, the subjects were asked to discontinue use of any zinc containing supplements. The subjects were split into two groups, and for 56 days all subjects took either the standard dose of ZMA or a placebo supplement at least 1 hour after their last meal before going to sleep at night.

No differences whatsoever in total testosterone, free testosterone, or indicators of testosterone changes were seen between the group consuming ZMA and the group consuming the placebo supplement. Based on the results of this study I would not expect significant gains in muscle or strength from ZMA. As far as improving sleep goes, while many users report improved sleep quality there is definitely better and more cost effective options available in this area.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
With the above advice already given, one other little thing I may add is that you should keep the consumption of calcium away from the timing of your ZMA as calcium inhibits the absorption of zinc.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
my oh my..
i cannot believe the old "zinc boosts test" fallacy yet lives on, wow

^ this
nothing else need be said

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
It's funny because I had a meeting about to get on TRT and the Pharmacy told me to "up" my Zinc..? It have some benefits and I sleep great on ZMA. But yeah, I already have bunch of stuff and just wanted to see if anybody knew what dose the pharmacy was talking about?!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
pharmacists usually pretty on the ball (moreso than doctors, generically speaking)
good example here tho - that's not always the case

victor conte and his shams of long ago still retard the understanding of this mineral, in some circles, to this day

the importance of proper mineral balance cannot be overlooked, certainly..
to jump to the conclusion that "zinc boosts test output" as a flat adjunct is preposterous (and potentially toxic)

for those who swear by the "ZMA helps me sleep" theory, consider:
it is simply the magnesium in the mix that is likely responsible for this, as magnesium is a relaxant
try taking a product like Calm (straight magnesium) and see if you don't sleep just as well

sina

Banned
Awards
I usually make sure I am eating a lot of almonds, cashews, and walnuts. Those are high in Zn.

However I notice a lot of people here are getting Zinc Gluconate. I used to just get Zinc Monomethionine and Aspartate. Which is better?