is Versa-1 All Hype?

ecotmorphic

Awards
I've recently ordered Versa-1 based upon the positive hype/results (should be here in a day or 2), but now I've kind depressed after reading a recent thread at bodybuilding dot com where some people are saying that they've felt absolutely nothing from it in a couple of weeks :( and that it's all hype.... Anyway, I was sooo excited to try it, but now I'm feeling down thinking that I hope I'm not one of those people that gets nothing from it.... I guess I just get worried thinking that if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is....
thoughts on this?

Sorry, I did try to post the exact thread, but it says I need 150 posts to be able to post the link, and I'm new here... but if you do a google search for bodybuilding DOT Com Versa-1, you'll see the thread that's dated Feb3, 2013

I guess I always get worried about being scammed. I noted that a couple of folks mentioned that those giving positive results were reps from USPlabs and also mentioned to stack it with other USPlabs products , and that makes me raise an eyebrowl.... Perhaps I'm wrong, and I'm always open to comments otherwise....

nicoacademia

nicoacademia

Awards
i've always wondered whether the last few USP products have been built on hype like Compound 20/Prime/Powerfull/Versa-1/Anabolic Pump.
more understood stuff like Testpowder(DAA) and ModernBCAA(BCAA) are pretty much understood.

but these like unknown herbs with some far out study.

it's not steroidal or a peptide. what makes you think it will cause that much? (then hears some USP marketing material scream "its like CLEN")

right. then why aren't the real elite professionals who are really doping using it.

think. instead of listening to the screaming of marketing.

all very nice and fancy indeed.

A+ for marketing(i could learn from it too to sell my own stuff.)

but when you calm down and look at it.(stop the screaming).

it doesn't add up.

you just want to get me to buy something.

ecotmorphic

Awards
Well, and versa-1 could be one of those supplements that works for a few people, but just not the majority of people... I'm not a rep for usp labs though, nor have any ties whatsoever with the company, so you can be assured that once I'm able to review, it will be 100% unbiased... I just wish more reviews were unbiased.... I'm just shocked at how opposite the the reviews of versa-1 are on this forum as opposed to on BB Dot Com. Something just isn't adding up....

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Minds is well known as a very pro-USP Labs board while BB is a very anti-USP Labs board so I would take reviews on either board with a big pinch of salt. USP Labs are very, very good with their marketing and this whips everyone up into a frenzy so that people buy 6 bottles of a product on their Inner Circle release, when it's only been beta tested by a chosen few.

Personally I always wait until the hype has died down on any product before rushing out to buy it and wait for a few independent reviews to appear on different boards.

domtorres3

domtorres3

Awards
Yeah buying stuff before its proven is to me a waste. If its a good product it'll be around. What's waiting a few weeks to know ur money is going into a good product versus pixie dust. And as for the reviews you should know what to expect if its a prewoekout and ppl are claiming they gained 20 pounds from it prob a BS review that u should not base ur purchase off of.

barlush23

Awards
Yeah buying stuff before its proven is to me a waste. If its a good product it'll be around. What's waiting a few weeks to know ur money is going into a good product versus pixie dust. And as for the reviews you should know what to expect if its a prewoekout and ppl are claiming they gained 20 pounds from it prob a BS review that u should not base ur purchase off of.
I agree 100%. Buying a product this early is a waste of money 95% of the time. There are very few (if any) actual reviews out there that are not company driven at this point.

I only put value in reviews that are not company sponsored and that the reviewer spent their own $ to buy. There are so many supplement wh*res that will put positive reviews just to try to get more products.

Edit: I am not saying that Versa-1 doesn't work. Just that I personally feel the need to wait to see more reviews before I would consider purchasing it.

DAG2013

Awards
FWIW, Ive changed nothing in my supplementation/diet except adding Versa-1. Im on day 12 and have noticed that Im more focused and have set some new PR's in that short time.

Have an open mind but remember that everyone reacts to things different. There's no magic pill that works for 100% of people 100% of the time.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
mr.cooper did a review on versa and said it was pretty unique, especially in the pumps department. better than nitrates

ill go woth his word

btw, dot listen to bb.com. that site is full of trolls and dumass placebo lovers

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't done much research or anything on this product, but using bb . com as a source is a bit funny.

boogyman

Awards
I am about 3 weeks in, running it solo. There is something going on...but I still can't really put my finger on what. I have had good increases in lower body movements, and gained a few lbs, probably from the massive increase in appetite. I don't think my run will yield quite the same results I have seen in some of the logs, but it has been an effective supplement and worth what I paid for it. I look forward to another run in the near future, after I have leaned out a bit over the next few months.

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
Being apprehensive, I still jumped on the inner circle deal. I really like Versa-1 but I've used it pre-WO only and I think I'm going to stick to that protocol.

Over the past month I've been allowing my sister to meet me at the gym for training as she prepares for spring break. During the 4 workouts (Jan. 30, Feb. 1-3) that I've taken Versa-1 she has commented on how pumped I look. "woah I thought your veins we're going to explode" type stuff. She has no idea what supplements I take and when. The stories of an increasingly vascular look haven't been overstated in my opinion.

Three of my last four workouts have been fasted and instead of looking a little flat, I've appeared full/dense. It hasn't just been appearance though...we love fullness because of the other things it represents. Strength, endurance, connection to the muscle have been outstanding. Understand that I have very limited experience with Versa-1 but I wanted to chime in and share that I have enjoyed the product so far as a PRE-WORKOUT supplement. (it just seemed like the best way to utilize the product after skimming a few logs)

I have no aspirations of becoming a rep (which seems too rare) and I would never log (even for a free product). I just like the discussion. No idea why people like to read how many sets and reps some guy did or did not do.....It might seem less scientific because there are no numbers involved but I'm much more interested in a persons individual perceptions that are typically listed at the end of the log so that's kind of what I provided here. Might be placebo, in my head, and I'm still open to that possibility...however as an early doubter I've been surprised.

Anyway, I'm not even close to a USP shill:

I did not like the Jack3d Micro sample.
Why do people buy Prime?

That was mean so I'll add:

Modern BCAA, mmmm.
SuperCissus Rx is enjoyable.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the only product by USP i have taken solo is Prime. I am a great responder to Prime. Its usually hit or miss with most people. That being said, I just finished a log on prime, compound 20, DAA, and Versa 1. I broke alot of PRs and gained 5 pounds in about 4 weeks, but its hard to say what results were from Versa 1. The things i noticed that i KNOW arent from Prime is body comp changes, weight gain, and vascularity. That could be from the C20 + Versa 1, who knows. just giving my 2 cents.

Profion

Awards
Bro, often people will make up an extreme effect of a products. Its a self-defence stance, who wants to admit throwing out money on something that does not work, so for some people they´ll just be all rave about the progress that they have made 1kg :> or uKno. Often alot of supplements that are based on magic, recommend people to be in a caloric surplus:) i dont know but i would figure out that most of the gains actually come from people perfecting their diet instead of the actual supplement

I remember No-hype found out that a compound they either used in pink magic or was it ther prime was actually a tree found in most of the world. They stated that it was a secret ingridient that was very hard to harvest :p

I cant say much about versa-1 aint got no clue about whats in it! One products from USPlabs changed the supplement marked and that was Jack3d Orginal with 1.3dimyth... I was all hyped to try the Jack3d Mirco, but that was just a waste of money.. rather buy a beer and drink that before hitting the gym

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't rep for USP or having stake in their supps. That being said, I was chosen to be part of the initial alpha test, but was unable to do a proper log because I was going through a divorce and moving around an insane amount, even though USP was nice enough to still let me keep and use the product. I absolutely loved the strength gains and recomp effect that I experienced. So much so that I ordered the Versa-1 stack from nutra with my own money and am about 4 days into it. This product is NOT all hype and I HIGHLY recommend picking up that stack!!!

ecotmorphic

Awards
well, the fact that nobody really seems to be posting here to defend versa-1 is leading me to believe that perhaps they were right about the hype... Again, I'm not saying one way or the other, but I do know the folks on bb.com were mentioning that they saw the same thing with pink magic and prime with the beta testing talking that it was the best supplement ever, and then all then a few months later all the hype dyed off.....oh well, I'm still not sure if I want to try it or just send it back unopened....

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro, often people will make up an extreme effect of a products. Its a self-defence stance, who wants to admit throwing out money on something that does not work, so for some people they´ll just be all rave about the progress that they have made 1kg :> or uKno. Often alot of supplements that are based on magic, recommend people to be in a caloric surplus:) i dont know but i would figure out that most of the gains actually come from people perfecting their diet instead of the actual supplement

I remember No-hype found out that a compound they either used in pink magic or was it ther prime was actually a tree found in most of the world. They stated that it was a secret ingridient that was very hard to harvest :p

I cant say much about versa-1 aint got no clue about whats in it! One products from USPlabs changed the supplement marked and that was Jack3d Orginal with 1.3dimyth... I was all hyped to try the Jack3d Mirco, but that was just a waste of money.. rather buy a beer and drink that before hitting the gym

your opinion is subjective, as all are. you may love jack3d and dont like micro, as i am the other way around. took 4 scoops of jack3d and didnt notice a thing. 1 scoop of micro works perfectly for me.

Prime is a hit or miss product. i love the stuff. some people dont

I tried PM when it first came out and was not too fond of the product.

For the "calorie surplus" statement, thats a given. if you are bulking and are using a supplement to bulk, your diet SHOULD be cal surplus.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, the fact that nobody really seems to be posting here to defend versa-1 is leading me to believe that perhaps they were right about the hype... Again, I'm not saying one way or the other, but I do know the folks on bb.com were mentioning that they saw the same thing with pink magic and prime with the beta testing talking that it was the best supplement ever, and then all then a few months later all the hype dyed off.....oh well, I'm still not sure if I want to try it or just send it back unopened....

did you not read through all of the logs/reviews on versa 1? just because everyone doesnt post in this specific thread does not mean the product is bunk.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
considering we've broke many sales records, number 3 on nutraplanet, the reviews should be coming in soon.

Send it back, it will be spoken for..

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I was a tester for Versa-1 and experienced very good results. Strength gains that i kept, vascularity, great pumps, good thermo effect when taken with stims. And nice recomp effects.

Bb.com has become a sick joke. I cant even bring myself to log on there anymore. They have made it a point become so anti broscience, that they have come full circle and created their own form of broscience x10.

I liked Versa so much i just purchased 2 more from the deal nutra is running.

Pm me and ill send you a copy of my receipt if you don't believe me

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was a tester for Versa-1 and experienced very good results. Strength gains that i kept, vascularity, great pumps, good thermo effect when taken with stims. And nice recomp effects.

Bb.com has become a sick joke. I cant even bring myself to log on there anymore. They have made it a point become so anti broscience, that they have come full circle and created their own form of broscience x10.

I liked Versa so much i just purchased 2 more from the deal nutra is running.

Pm me and ill send you a copy of my receipt if you don't believe me
If you quote bb.com as your source for truth, it's a representation of being naive. We can't fault them..

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tested Versa-1 and was very happy with it and my results. My experience was very similar to what Clemenza mentioned with the addition of highly focused workouts. I'm already running it again and my feelings haven't changed.

ecotmorphic

Awards
I'm not saying one way or the other, but I do know the folks on bb.com were mentioning that they saw the same thing with pink magic and prime with the beta testing talking that it was the best supplement ever, and then all then a few months later all the hype dyed off.....oh well, I'm still not sure if I want to try it or just send it back unopened.... I think by having their UPS LAB Reps hype products like this, they are only hurting the company. Yes, the products sell in the short term, but then the sales dies off shortly after....

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not saying one way or the other, but I do know the folks on bb.com were mentioning that they saw the same thing with pink magic and prime with the beta testing talking that it was the best supplement ever, and then all then a few months later all the hype dyed off.....oh well, I'm still not sure if I want to try it or just send it back unopened.... I think by having their UPS LAB Reps hype products like this, they are only hurting the company. Yes, the products sell in the short term, but then the sales dies off shortly after....
and people at bb . com also take muscletech products. believe what you want man. there is no reason for me or anyone else to lie about a supplement. if we dont like it, we will say so.

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Why don't you just shut up and try it yourself? If you don't like it, great. Don't ever buy **** from them again. If you do, come back and tell others but your attention whoring over an unopened box of supplements that cost 40$ is annoying, to say the least.

And most of the people on bb.com are, at the very least, mildly retarded. If you're using the knowledge spouted from that cesspool of anti-intellectual brotards then just do us all a favor and stick to that forum.

Personally, i enjoy reading intelligent discussion about supplements and supplement science. AM is the best board i've found for this.

DAG2013

Awards
I didnt beta, spent my own money, and Im liking the results.

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
How bout I buy it if I don't like it u buy the remainder off me seems like u have no issue spending money
It has a money back guarantee. What are worried about? If it worked for you probably wouldn't report it anyway. Your better off not doing it.

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
Versa 1 gave u that fat arm of yours ? Ever heard of cardio?
Such a little boy. I wouldn't recommend this supplement to because you obviously haven't reached puberty. Enjoy eating my ass:)

kenny76

kenny76

Awards
  • Established
This thread is starting to look like a bb.com forum. hopefully this dosent become a trend. dont usually see to many insults thrown around on am.com.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Why don't you just shut up and try it yourself? If you don't like it, great. Don't ever buy **** from them again. If you do, come back and tell others but your attention whoring over an unopened box of supplements that cost 40$ is annoying, to say the least.

And most of the people on bb.com are, at the very least, mildly retarded. If you're using the knowledge spouted from that cesspool of anti-intellectual brotards then just do us all a favor and stick to that forum.

Personally, i enjoy reading intelligent discussion about supplements and supplement science. AM is the best board i've found for this.
This post is saturated with irony.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
left hook really needs to be banned. no joke.

mstep

mstep

Awards
  • Established
Was interested till I saw "naturally anabolic"

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The stuff just got released, I'm not really sure how anyone who didn't beta test it is ready to say it's absolute crap or the best thing ever released. Patience OP. If you're hesitant about running it wait. Honestly the best thing to do with probably ANY supplement is see what the consensus is about 6 months AFTER release. Many of us don't want to wait that long for some supplements and are willing to give things an early run because we are supp whores lol.

If money is an issue and you DON'T want to take a risk on a supplement right off the bat, don't. What's the rush? It likely isn't going anywhere. We really have no idea on ANY supplement (and that includes ones from the company I rep for) that gets released if it is something new until it gets ran by a lot of people other than what the beta testing says. You could easily argue any supplement bought in the first month or whatever of release is taking a risk on it. Just like any other risk if it doesn't make sense to you to do it, then wait a while. This idea that we could have a consensus on how good or bad something that just came out seems a bit strange to me. Whether it's AM or bb.com or any other forum.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Another v 1 thread? :)

-Purus Labs Rep
(Mobile Posting)

zv3

zv3

Awards
Honestly, I try everything just in case I don't miss a supplement that works for me. Versa has been ok, but obviously most supplements don't
show immediate results so I have a couple bottles. If I don't see more results in about 30 days, then I will say something.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, I try everything just in case I don't miss a supplement that works for me. Versa has been ok, but obviously most supplements don't
show immediate results so I have a couple bottles. If I don't see more results in about 30 days, then I will say something.
I have a similar belief to an extent. first, we have to understand that a supplement is a supplement. must be an addition to proper training and nutrition. second, we have to make sure our expectations arent too high because it isnt a PH/AAS, but only a supplement. that being said, i have found many supplements being bunk with only a handful that i sincerely love.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a similar belief to an extent. first, we have to understand that a supplement is a supplement. must be an addition to proper training and nutrition. second, we have to make sure our expectations arent too high because it isnt a PH/AAS, but only a supplement. that being said, i have found many supplements being bunk with only a handful that i sincerely love.
The amount of supplements I've used that I would truly buy again are very small. Sometimes it's because they didn't do anything for me and sometimes it's because what they did isn't worth the cost of doing it again. That said I'll still use supplements in the future and probably for a long time, but realistically most of what I've used doesn't warrant a second purchase. Doesn't mean I always regret the first purchase.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The amount of supplements I've used that I would truly buy again are very small. Sometimes it's because they didn't do anything for me and sometimes it's because what they did isn't worth the cost of doing it again. That said I'll still use supplements in the future and probably for a long time, but realistically most of what I've used doesn't warrant a second purchase. Doesn't mean I always regret the first purchase.
exactly

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
i've always wondered whether the last few USP products have been built on hype like Compound 20/Prime/Powerfull/Versa-1/Anabolic Pump.
more understood stuff like Testpowder(DAA) and ModernBCAA(BCAA) are pretty much understood.

but these like unknown herbs with some far out study.

it's not steroidal or a peptide. what makes you think it will cause that much? (then hears some USP marketing material scream "its like CLEN")

right. then why aren't the real elite professionals who are really doping using it.

think. instead of listening to the screaming of marketing.

all very nice and fancy indeed.

A+ for marketing(i could learn from it too to sell my own stuff.)

but when you calm down and look at it.(stop the screaming).

it doesn't add up.

you just want to get me to buy something.
All I can tell you is that Anabolic Pump had a profound effect on me in many ways. Up there with any natural supplement.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
in that case, perfect example of AP at work, you needed to increase carbohydrate intake..
Besides MG per cap and caps per bottles is there any difference between AP and Anabolic Pump?