Insulin sensivity: What supps to improve it?

amarula

Awards
In your opinion what supps deliver more results?

Na-r-ala?
Gymnema?
Magnesium?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Na-R-Ala. Add Agmatine + a carnitine salt (ALCAR, PLCAR, LCLT)

300mg Na-R-Ala + 500 mg agmatine + 1 gram carnitine per meal AM and PM.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Pump is a great choice. See results very quickly

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fish oils, CLA, agmatine, any of those recomp supps.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
fish oils, CLA, agmatine, any of those recomp supps.
CLA actually rapes insulin sensitivity and causes insulin resistance in most forms that are sold as dietary supplements.

Na-R-ALA, banaba, 4-oh-isl, and agmatine are all good options.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
CLA actually rapes insulin sensitivity and causes insulin resistance in most forms that are sold as dietary supplements.

Agmatine is excellent, and cost effective when you consider that 100g of SNS Agmatine can be found for only $30.95.

I do love some 4-hydroxy-isoleucine though.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Agmatine is excellent, and cost effective when you consider that 100g of SNS Agmatine can be found for only $30.95.

That deal is nuts when you factor in that agmatine isn't exactly cheap to begin with

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
That deal is nuts when you factor in that agmatine isn't exactly cheap to begin with
Nothing beats our price per serving while matching our quality.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

ive seen it a lot more cheaper nutra has it for 10 bux

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Ala or na-r-ala if u have the $$ is golden

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
ive seen it a lot more cheaper nutra has it for 10 bux
The nutraplanet brand is ~$11 for 25g. SNS Agmatine can be found ~$31 for 100g. So SNS is actually only 3/4th the price.

rockme

rockme

Awards
Perfect thread for me...about to try a nutrient partitioner for the first time, as I am in bulk phase at the moment. Slamming the carbs heavy and getting stronger, but would like to shuttle more of this into the right spots...so, Recompadrol, Glycobol, and Anabolic Pump seem to be the top 3. Which would you say? Why?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perfect thread for me...about to try a nutrient partitioner for the first time, as I am in bulk phase at the moment. Slamming the carbs heavy and getting stronger, but would like to shuttle more of this into the right spots...so, Recompadrol, Glycobol, and Anabolic Pump seem to be the top 3. Which would you say? Why?
Anabolic pump hands down IMO .

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Grab a bottle of recompadrol and look no further.

Most potent on the market. Hands down.

Does exactly what your looking for ;)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
You can check out nutraplanet Yellowgold as well - pretty sure it's used for this purpose and you can cap it yourself as well

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The nutraplanet brand is ~$11 for 25g. SNS Agmatine can be found ~$31 for 100g. So SNS is actually only 3/4th the price.
good looking out

rockme

rockme

Awards
I actually am leaning more towards Recompadrol at the moment, just wanted to see what my anabolic brethren had to say. Hope to stimulate some good dialogue before I order tomorrow evening. Going on vacation to Cali next week, too, so I will need to bring it with as I plan on cheating for 4 days straight!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually am leaning more towards Recompadrol at the moment, just wanted to see what my anabolic brethren had to say. Hope to stimulate some good dialogue before I order tomorrow evening. Going on vacation to Cali next week, too, so I will need to bring it with as I plan on cheating for 4 days straight!
Why would u cheat for 4 days just bc u go on vaca? They don't have healthy food in California?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is Recompadrol 180 caps?

thats awesome most are 90 capsules so i feel like with recompadrol you get more actives overall at same price

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Recompadrol > AP > Glycobol

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established

Thats great info coop. Do you believe the negatives outweigh the benefits in regards to cla

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, man. Will go w recompadrol. Seems to be most of everyone's fav. Hopefully, it will be good damage control for my cali fun!
Definitely will my man. Be on the look out for another damage control coming to np hopefully in 6 weeks. Waiting on cost.

Stackable with all products

hsk

Awards
  • Established
This is not cheap, but I had good results with 200mg Na-Rala, 2.5g Agmatine, and 4 cap PES AnaBeta taken daily. I would take all three at the same time about 30 minutes before breakfast and 30 minutes before dinner like this:

AM: 100mg Na-Rala, 1.5g Agmatine, 2 caps PES AnaBeta
PM: 100mg Na-Rala, 1.0g Agmatine, 2 Caps PES AnaBeta

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is not cheap, but I had good results with 200mg Na-Rala, 2.5g Agmatine, and 4 cap PES AnaBeta taken daily. I would take all three at the same time about 30 minutes before breakfast and 30 minutes before dinner like this:

No need for that much agmatine. And up the Na-R-Ala to 300mg and agmatine to about 500-750mg. But nice addition with the Anabeta :D

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From my experience the best times or agmatine are post work out and intra workout

hsk

Awards
  • Established
No need for that much agmatine. And up the Na-R-Ala to 300mg and agmatine to about 500-750mg. But nice addition with the Anabeta
Actually, my intended purpose for the agmatine was not for GDA or NO/pump purposes, but rather for pain management. I needed 2-2.5g daily in order to achieve the benefit I was looking for. I found out about the GDA benefits later on which was like a bonus for me...lol!

But you're absolutely right that Agmatine pairs very nicely with Anabeta! =) When I was on this combo, I never bloated from any kind of carbs and I was tearing through food left and right and stayed extremely lean. Even when throwing in an extra cheat here and there it was like it never happened.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When you factor in the price of effective daily doses for months, I believe so
I don't know why people believe in CLA anymore. It's not worth it in my opinion. So many better proven options out there supplement wise.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know why people believe in CLA anymore. It's not worth it in my opinion. So many better proven options out there supplement wise.
I never did like or believe in CLA. Ran it once a long time ago and didn't notice anything.

Much better options out there for sure.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Add ALCAR in the morning and get the Na-RALA through SSv2 and that would be one of my favorite combos. :D

Reactions: hsk
kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add ALCAR in the morning and get the Na-RALA through SSv2 and that would be one of my favorite combos. :D
That'd be a nice combo right there. I plan on doing agmatine/ACLAR/Na-RALA soon. May add Yellow Gold also.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
That'd be a nice combo right there. I plan on doing agmatine/ACLAR/Na-RALA soon. May add Yellow Gold also.
you dont hear much yellow gold talk anymore

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I don't ever hear anything about it
Too lazy to cap that crap and no one in their right mind would use it without capping. Stuff is like death. :eek:

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Too lazy to cap that crap and no one in their right mind would use it without capping. Stuff is like death. :eek:
Ya ill agree with that haha. Only reason why it would hold me back from purchasing. If I do, I will just parachute it :D

theotherone55

theotherone55

Awards
look into Dat's CPWO protocol.

I've been using this for awhile and have definitely noticed its effects.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

thats not conclusive

[h=3]Abstract[/h][h=4]BACKGROUND:[/h]Preliminary evidence in obese diabetic rats suggests that conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) may have antidiabetic properties, based on reductions in fasting glucose and insulin concentrations. However, in lean rats, CLA causes hyperinsulinemia. Furthermore, experiments in humans also suggest that CLA may worsen insulin sensitivity.
[h=4]OBJECTIVES:[/h]The present study examined whether CLA supplementation can improve insulin sensitivity in humans.
[h=4]DESIGN:[/h]: Sixteen young sedentary individuals (age, 21.5 +/- 0.4 yr (mean +/- SEM); body mass, 77.6 +/- 3.4 kg) participated in this study. Ten subjects received 4 g x d of mixed CLA isomers (35.5%cis-9, trans-11; 36.8%trans-10, cis-12) for 8 wk, whereas six subjects received placebo (safflower oil). Oral glucose tolerance tests were performed at baseline (0), 4 and 8 wk of supplementation.
[h=4]RESULTS:[/h]: After 8 wk of CLA supplementation, insulin sensitivity index (ISI) increased (14.4 +/- 1.0, 8 wk vs 11.3 +/- 1.3, 0 wk; P < 0.05), which corresponded to a decrease in fasting insulin concentrations. Six of the 10 subjects showed large increases in their ISI (range, +27 to 90%), whereas two demonstrated essential no change (+3 to 5%), and two had a decrease in insulin sensitivity (-12 to -13%). ISI was unchanged over 8 wk in the placebo group.
[h=4]CONCLUSIONS:[/h]Our results indicate that a common dosage of a commercially available CLA supplement can improve ISI in young, sedentary individuals. However, there is considerable individual variability in the response. Additional studies are required to identify underlying metabolic changes in human skeletal muscle.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15126715

rockme

rockme

Awards
Any suggestions on what to stack with a GDA (going with Recompadrol). Want to try something different than my usual DAA/Erase stack. Maybe a GH product...Currently looking at Lecheek Mass HGH, Blue Growth, Somnidren, and HGHup. What seems to be everybody's fav? Interesting info about CLA, Coop. Glad I heard it here, because I'm already planning a summer cut stack and can now make CLA a scratch.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Any suggestions on what to stack with a GDA (going with Recompadrol). Want to try something different than my usual DAA/Erase stack. Maybe a GH product...Currently looking at Lecheek Mass HGH, Blue Growth, Somnidren, and HGHup. What seems to be everybody's fav? Interesting info about CLA, Coop. Glad I heard it here, because I'm already planning a summer cut stack and can now make CLA a scratch.
SNS or SS Agmatine
SNS Bulbine
PES AnaBeta
BPS Endosurge

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Believe me, I've looked at every CLA study under the sun. The isomer composition and dose are key. Look for the trends between the insulin-sensitivity data vs the insulin-resistance data and you'll see why. You'll also see why the vast majority of CLA products don't work.
They work on me, I get really bad hives and breakout in allergies

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why do you want to increase insullin sensitivity? Do you have normal or unstable/high blood sugar levels?
....in hopes that he builds more muscle and looses more fat

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why do you want to increase insullin sensitivity? Do you have normal or unstable/high blood sugar levels?
General health. Feedback mechanisms (insulin is the dominant inhibitor of HSL for lipolysis. Less insulin should theoretically increase lipolysis). Conversely, insulin also blunts appetite, so anything that acts as a GDA intrinsically increases appetite.

amarula

Awards
I believe that I have to improve it because I tend to accumulate subcutaneous fat in my belly (normally a sign of insulin insensivity)