Insulin sensivity: What supps to improve it?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    CLA actually rapes insulin sensitivity and causes insulin resistance in most forms that are sold as dietary supplements.

    Na-R-ALA, banaba, 4-oh-isl, and agmatine are all good options.
    thats not conclusive

    Abstract

    BACKGROUND:

    Preliminary evidence in obese diabetic rats suggests that conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) may have antidiabetic properties, based on reductions in fasting glucose and insulin concentrations. However, in lean rats, CLA causes hyperinsulinemia. Furthermore, experiments in humans also suggest that CLA may worsen insulin sensitivity.
    OBJECTIVES:

    The present study examined whether CLA supplementation can improve insulin sensitivity in humans.
    DESIGN:

    : Sixteen young sedentary individuals (age, 21.5 +/- 0.4 yr (mean +/- SEM); body mass, 77.6 +/- 3.4 kg) participated in this study. Ten subjects received 4 g x d of mixed CLA isomers (35.5%cis-9, trans-11; 36.8%trans-10, cis-12) for 8 wk, whereas six subjects received placebo (safflower oil). Oral glucose tolerance tests were performed at baseline (0), 4 and 8 wk of supplementation.
    RESULTS:

    : After 8 wk of CLA supplementation, insulin sensitivity index (ISI) increased (14.4 +/- 1.0, 8 wk vs 11.3 +/- 1.3, 0 wk; P < 0.05), which corresponded to a decrease in fasting insulin concentrations. Six of the 10 subjects showed large increases in their ISI (range, +27 to 90%), whereas two demonstrated essential no change (+3 to 5%), and two had a decrease in insulin sensitivity (-12 to -13%). ISI was unchanged over 8 wk in the placebo group.
    CONCLUSIONS:

    Our results indicate that a common dosage of a commercially available CLA supplement can improve ISI in young, sedentary individuals. However, there is considerable individual variability in the response. Additional studies are required to identify underlying metabolic changes in human skeletal muscle.



    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15126715
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.

  2. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,441
    Rep Power
    5913433

    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    Believe me, I've looked at every CLA study under the sun. The isomer composition and dose are key. Look for the trends between the insulin-sensitivity data vs the insulin-resistance data and you'll see why. You'll also see why the vast majority of CLA products don't work.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Registered User
    rockme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    2869

    Any suggestions on what to stack with a GDA (going with Recompadrol). Want to try something different than my usual DAA/Erase stack. Maybe a GH product...Currently looking at Lecheek Mass HGH, Blue Growth, Somnidren, and HGHup. What seems to be everybody's fav? Interesting info about CLA, Coop. Glad I heard it here, because I'm already planning a summer cut stack and can now make CLA a scratch.
    •   
       

  4. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    Mass hgh

    Agmatine

    Forskolin

    Curcumin
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  5. hsk
    hsk is offline
    Registered User
    hsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    77371

    Quote Originally Posted by rockme View Post
    Any suggestions on what to stack with a GDA (going with Recompadrol). Want to try something different than my usual DAA/Erase stack. Maybe a GH product...Currently looking at Lecheek Mass HGH, Blue Growth, Somnidren, and HGHup. What seems to be everybody's fav? Interesting info about CLA, Coop. Glad I heard it here, because I'm already planning a summer cut stack and can now make CLA a scratch.
    SNS or SS Agmatine
    SNS Bulbine
    PES AnaBeta
    BPS Endosurge
  6. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Believe me, I've looked at every CLA study under the sun. The isomer composition and dose are key. Look for the trends between the insulin-sensitivity data vs the insulin-resistance data and you'll see why. You'll also see why the vast majority of CLA products don't work.
    They work on me, I get really bad hives and breakout in allergies
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  7. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,441
    Rep Power
    5913433

    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    They work on me, I get really bad hives and breakout in allergies
    You're not alone on the hives
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Rep Power
    216443

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleIQ View Post
    Why do you want to increase insullin sensitivity? Do you have normal or unstable/high blood sugar levels?
    ....in hopes that he builds more muscle and looses more fat
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  9. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,441
    Rep Power
    5913433

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleIQ View Post
    Why do you want to increase insullin sensitivity? Do you have normal or unstable/high blood sugar levels?
    General health. Feedback mechanisms (insulin is the dominant inhibitor of HSL for lipolysis. Less insulin should theoretically increase lipolysis). Conversely, insulin also blunts appetite, so anything that acts as a GDA intrinsically increases appetite.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Registered User
    amarula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    155069

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleIQ View Post
    Why do you want to increase insullin sensitivity? Do you have normal or unstable/high blood sugar levels?
    I believe that I have to improve it because I tend to accumulate subcutaneous fat in my belly (normally a sign of insulin insensivity)
  11. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,290
    Rep Power
    1571138

    Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post

    I believe that I have to improve it because I tend to accumulate subcutaneous fat in my belly (normally a sign of insulin insensivity)
    Ditto.

    Alcar, agmatine, and anabolic pump all help me.

    I used to not be able to tolerate even 50g of carbs a day.. Now I'm at ~200... I also swear by hiit cardio to help keep carbs from getting stored as fat
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  12. Registered User
    amarula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    155069

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Ditto.

    Alcar, agmatine, and anabolic pump all help me.

    I used to not be able to tolerate even 50g of carbs a day.. Now I'm at ~200... I also swear by hiit cardio to help keep carbs from getting stored as fat
    How do you know that now you can handle more carbs?
  13. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,290
    Rep Power
    1571138

    Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post

    How do you know that now you can handle more carbs?
    Bc I've lost body fat and gained muscle at the same time while eating more carbs than i ever thought possible!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  14. Registered User
    BigRigg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    150941

    Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post

    How do you know that now you can handle more carbs?
    Also sometimes people experience less bloating from the carb consumption
    Always willing to learn :D
  15. Registered User
    chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    3817

    What are best times to take NA-Rala and agmatine for purposes of lowering bodyfat while taking in carbs?
  16. Registered User
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ct
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,290
    Rep Power
    1571138

    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    What are best times to take NA-Rala and agmatine for purposes of lowering bodyfat while taking in carbs?
    15 minutes and 30 minutes pre meal, respectively
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  17. Registered User
    abot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    1304

    Agreed. I've tried Need2Slin - SlinSane - SlinSaneV2 - Glycobol and Slintensity. Recompadrol wins hands down!

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Grab a bottle of recompadrol and look no further.


    Most potent on the market. Hands down.

    Does exactly what your looking for
  18. Registered User
    rockme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    2869

    Got my Recompadrol yesterday. Will be putting it to the test starting Saturday, as it's going to be 4 days straight of fun, sun, and feasts fit for a king! Will let everybody know how it fares. Damage control is what I'm mainly using it for, but am also anticipating it to fill me out
  19. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    Quote Originally Posted by rockme View Post
    Got my Recompadrol yesterday. Will be putting it to the test starting Saturday, as it's going to be 4 days straight of fun, sun, and feasts fit for a king! Will let everybody know how it fares. Damage control is what I'm mainly using it for, but am also anticipating it to fill me out
    Some people get gi distress in the beginning most don't with this product.

    Thanks for the support!
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  20. Registered User
    chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    3817

    will nutraplanet be restocking in NA-Rala caps anytime soon?
  21. Registered User
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,794
    Rep Power
    4373398

    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    will nutraplanet be restocking in NA-Rala caps anytime soon?
    I sure wish they would
    PES Representivie
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What Supp to Run with a High Cardio regement???
    By angel77 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 09:46 AM
  2. What supps to not use before testing...
    By MetalMX in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 08:22 AM
  3. What supp to use for beastly building?
    By NerdFlexd in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 04:42 AM
  4. propadrol whats good to stack it with??
    By ej215584 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 11:12 PM
  5. Achilles tendonitis - what supps to help?
    By poison in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in