Tropinol xp

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
Y no bulbine, and full spectrum fadogia REALLY! I feel you guys at I force are on drugs if you think xp will increase test more than just bulbine on it's own, I loved original tropinol and thought fadogia 500 was muff cabage literally nothing, and I know you guys know full spectrum fadogia should be called fidogia cause it's a dog, real world results never panned out, maybe I should suggest adding tribulus, and maybe some boron yea there you go, don't forget some orchic yea that would be badass. NOT, maybe what you should have done is take the caffeine out and the d3 and add some divanyl and l-dopa and some erase type chem, I don't know what you guys are thinking, sorry but weak attempt at a upgrade

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Y no bulbine, and full spectrum fadogia REALLY! I feel you guys at I force are on drugs if you think xp will increase test more than just bulbine on it's own, I loved original tropinol and thought fadogia 500 was muff cabage literally nothing, and I know you guys know full spectrum fadogia should be called fidogia cause it's a dog, real world results never panned out, maybe I should suggest adding tribulus, and maybe some boron yea there you go, don't forget some orchic yea that would be badass. NOT, maybe what you should have done is take the caffeine out and the d3 and add some divanyl and l-dopa and some erase type chem, I don't know what you guys are thinking, sorry but weak attempt at a upgrade
There was caffeine in the original Tropinol? I'm sorry you feel this way, but we are quite pleased with the formula. Potassium Nitrate and 25R is nothing to gawk at.

BigNemo

BigNemo

Awards
  • Established
25r is garbage ove e taken it many times over the years from iron tek to mass fx and I forces x factor joint wich had 25r, bet you guys show no bloodwork on this, and potassium nitrate sure it works it's used to make gun powder and it's also fertilizer but causes severe free radical damage, I think you guys fkd up, I don't believe that xp can raise test levels and reduce estrogen better than a $17 bottle of sns bulbine, and I use your products, right now I'm taking original tropinol , maximize intense, and compete so I'm not bashing your company just your unjust and truly non clinica decision to make a weak attempt at a upgrade

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
I know that the Research and Development team at HQ really makes a conscientious effort to make consumer-focused, performance-centric enhancements to our formulas for a variety of reasons. Years of anecdotal support has shown 25R to be effective (including its use in our much-lauded Max Out product that has since been DC'ed). I personally am not an expert on fadogia and cannot comment further until I do some digging (I'll leave that for Vaughn) but am relatively well-versed in Bulbine (ProLensis) from my time with Serious Nutrition Solutions.

The effective dose of Bulbine is highly subjective based on the individual that's taking it (including things like bodyweight), making it very difficult to make a product that has an effective dose that will A) do anything or B) not do too much and cause poor hormonal manipulation (increasing estrogen and other less than desirable hormones). This really limits the results and the potential for customers to be a positive repsonder unless we assume that all customers weigh X pounds and would respond in Y fashion - based standalone in smaller, mg-for-mg doses is the best way to do Bulbine, IMHO, so that you can easily manipulate your dosage to something that fits your needs.

Other components of the formula, including forskolin, icariin (epimedium), et cetera, are definitely some fantastic ingredients. I am also a big supporter of the inclusion of potassium nitrate for its slight diuretic effect and the potential it shows for pumps and vascularity combined with icariin. I'm sure that someone much more knowledgeable than myself will be along to address your concerns, but I wanted to give you as much info as possible that I'm privy to at present.

Thanks for your feedback, whether positive or negative the feedback of end users is important to us and we like to keep a pulse on the industry. I really feel we made an improvement with this product, and the anecdotal feedback (and hopefully real, published, peer-reviewed clinical data) is really supporting our choices as of late. If you're still a fan of the OG Tropinol and see phenomenal results, be sure to stock up on the big sales that are soon to come. Thanks for supporting us with your other products, I hope that we can give you the answers you are looking for.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions, comments, or concerns you might have. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There was caffeine in the original Tropinol? I'm sorry you feel this way, but we are quite pleased with the formula. Potassium Nitrate and 25R is nothing to gawk at.
Yes. There was caffeine in the original Tropinol lol.

burpees

Banned
Awards
Potassium nitrate sounds like a electrolyte imbalance waiting to happen lol jk

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmmm........ Momma always told me you cant polish a turd. I tried tropinal it was a big disappointment for me, but who am I to judge;)

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Potassium nitrate sounds like a electrolyte imbalance waiting to happen lol jk
Each cap is 1.5% your daily value of potassium, so I wouldn't be too concerned if everything else is held constant. :p

Hmmmmm........ Momma always told me you cant polish a turd. I tried tropinal it was a big disappointment for me, but who am I to judge;)
The new Tropinol should be much more effective for the majority of users, that's why it was reformulated. We should have a nice press release on 25R and several other ingredients soon that may sway you.

Keep your eye out for logging opportunities or shoot me a PM so I can put you on a list - I'm sure we'll be giving out more bottles to get honest, raw, real world feedback so that we can keep improving the formula in the future. Listening to the customer is something we're good at, and I'm still in the belief that this is a quality product. I'm about to stack it with Bioforge Pro Max and have a grand time.

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
Each cap is 1.5% your daily value of potassium, so I wouldn't be too concerned if everything else is held constant. :p

The new Tropinol should be much more effective for the majority of users, that's why it was reformulated. We should have a nice press release on 25R and several other ingredients soon that may sway you.

Keep your eye out for logging opportunities or shoot me a PM so I can put you on a list - I'm sure we'll be giving out more bottles to get honest, raw, real world feedback so that we can keep improving the formula in the future. Listening to the customer is something we're good at, and I'm still in the belief that this is a quality product. I'm about to stack it with Bioforge Pro Max and have a grand time.
Sounds fair. I've been known to forgive and forget. Aka.... Ursobolic was a joke, UR spray is a very good product. It's been a staple for me for quite sometime. Good luck with your new formula.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Sounds fair. I've been known to forgive and forget. Aka.... Ursobolic was a joke, UR spray is a very good product. It's been a staple for me for quite sometime. Good luck with your new formula.
Thanks for the well wishes - I'm a no bull**** guy myself and am pretty new to the iForce team (two weeks). I can tell you I wouldn't have joined if they didn't have effectiveness and consumer satisfaction at heart. They're great people that are supported by a great product. I'll keep you in the mind in the future.

EDIT: What would you specifically be looking for in an endogenous testosterone product to really suit you?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
on of the loggers on bb.com has been posting up studies on some of the different compounds in trop xp.......i personally havent had time to dig through all of them, but fwiw im just gonna copy and paste some of his posts here

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Epimedium/Icariin

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3551978/

Erectogenic and Neurotrophic Effects of Icariin, a Purified Extract of Horny Goat Weed (Epimedium spp.) In Vitro and In Vivo

"Recent investigations into the properties of these plants have suggested that the most metabolically active extract of Epimedium is icariin (ICA), a flavonol glycoside obtained from the aerial part of the plant [1]. ICA has been demonstrated to exert inhibitory activity against phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) in vitro [2,3]. In addition to an erectogenic role, it has been suggested that ICA has testosterone-mimetic properties [4]. These effects lend credence to the use of ICA for the management of sexual problems."

"ICA has been demonstrated to enhance eNOS expression and NO production in human endothelial cells as well as decrease caspase-3 expression and cellular apoptosis in response to hydrogen peroxide [5,6]. ICA has also been demonstrated to increase the intracavernous pressure (ICP) response triggered by cavernous nerve stimulation in rats; these effects were abolished by inhibitors of nitric oxide synthase and guanylate cyclase [7]. Furthermore, ICA has been used successfully to ameliorate both castration-related and arteriogenic impairment of erectile function and decline in penile neuron nNOS content in a rodent model [8,9]."

"In addition to a role in erectile physiology, a prior study suggested that ICA has been shown to correct hypogonadism induced by cyclophosphamide exposure in rats [4]. Zhang et al. reported that a higher concentration (200 mg/kg/day by oral gavage) of lower purity (40%) ICA was utilized for 7 days after cyclophosphamide treatment. Rodents in the ICA group had higher serum testosterone levels compared with animals not treated with cyclophosphamide and animals treated with cyclophosphamide alone [4]. These results are in contrast to the results of Liu et al. (who did not detect a difference in serum testosterone levels between ICA treatment animals and controls) [8] and the results of the current study, in which ICA at doses above 1 mg/kg appeared to have a dose-dependent suppressive effect on serum testosterone concentration. Differences in the purity and dosing interval of ICA as well as differences in the assay method may have played a role in these discrepancies.

Interestingly, in the one prior study demonstrating changes in serum T with ICA, there were no significant perturbations in LH and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) level in rats in any of the treatment arms [4]; this result is similar to our own. It is implied that regardless of its effects on serum T, ICA does not impact pituitary LH expression. It is possible that ICA may influence aromatase or 5-alpha reductase activity in vivo and thereby modulate serum T levels without directly impacting LH secretion. It is clear that further research will be required to elucidate the impact and mechanisms of cavernous nerve injury and/or ICA therapy on T metabolism."

Despite several important limitations, our study adds to the mounting evidence that ICA may play an important salubrious role with respect to maintenance of penile erectile function. In contrast to prior studies, our results suggest that very low-dose ICA (1 mg/kg in this study) may be of similar or even greater efficacy than higher doses. It is particularly intriguing that ICA had neurotrophic properties when cultured with nerve fragments. PDE5 inhibitors are the agents most commonly utilized for penile rehabilitation in humans [25], and to our knowledge no synthetic PDE5 inhibitor has been demonstrated to have significant neurotrophic effects, a finding confirmed in the sildenafil arm of our MPG culture experiments. Whether ICA would be a superior alternative to PDE5I remains to be determined; further studies of this interesting compound from nature may enhance our understanding and ability to treat men with ED"

****************comments: this study was done with pure (98+%) icariin, so it's effects will be a bit different than the 20% extract, but nonetheless it gives some great info about the MOA of icariin. Of particular note is that lower doses of icariin (1 mg/kg vs 5mg or 10mg), performed better in terms of testosterone levels. This makes me favor the 20% extract a lot vs. a higher one, as at the doses I imagine are in tropinol, we will probably be close to or below that 1mg/kg mark. Sometimes less is really more.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Fadogia Agrestis

Effects of oral administration of aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Schweinf. Ex Hiern) stem on some testicular function indices of male rats. Yakubu MT, Akanji MA, Oladiji AT.

Medicinal Plants Research Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, University of Ilorin, P.M.B. 1515 Ilorin, Nigeria. [email protected]

AIM OF THE STUDY:
The effects of administration of aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Schweinf. Ex Hiern) stem on some testicular function indices of male rats (Rattus norvegicus) and their recovery potentials for 10 days were investigated.

MATERIALS AND METHODS:
Rats were grouped into four: A, B, C and D where A (the control) received orally 1 ml of distilled water (the vehicle), B, C and D (the test groups) received orally on daily basis graded doses of 18, 50 and 100mg/kg body weight of the plant extract, respectively, for 28 days.

RESULTS:
Compared with the control, extract administration for 28 days at all the doses resulted in significant increase (P<0.05) in percentage testes-body weight ratio, testicular cholesterol, sialic acid, glycogen, acid phosphatase and gamma-glutamyl transferase activities while there was significant decrease (P<0.05) in the activities of testicular alkaline phosphatase, acid phosphatase, glutamate dehydrogenase and concentrations of protein. Recoveries were made by the animals on some of the testicular function indices mainly at 18 mg/kg body weight.
CONCLUSIONS:
The alterations brought about by the aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis stem are indications of adverse effects on the male rat testicular function and this may adversely affect the functional capacities of the testes. The recovery made at the dose of 18 mg/kg body weight as used in folklore medicine suggests that it does not exhibit permanent toxicity at this dose.

*************Comment - This has been discussed at great length by people much smarter than I, but I once had the full text of this and the abstract is very misleading. These results could actually prove to me that Fadogia is effective at what it aims to do. In the study, the Testes are working more, which makes sense given that Fadogia acts as a LH-mimetic. The product should be cycled undoubtedly, but recovery of baseline function was expected by the researchers, although they disposed of the rats before that could happen.

NEXT

Aphrodisiac potentials of the aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Schweinf. Ex Hiern) stem in male albino rats.
Asian J Androl. 2005 Dec;7(4):399-404.

AIM: To evaluate the phytochemical constituents and the aphrodisiac potential of the aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Rubiaceae) stem in male albino rats.

METHODS: The aqueous stem extract of the plant was screened for phytochemical constituents. Male rats were orally dosed with 18 mg/kg, 50 mg/kg and 100 mg/kg body weight, respectively, of the extract at 24 h intervals and their sexual behavior parameters and serum testosterone concentration were evaluated at days 1, 3 and 5.

RESULTS: Phytochemical screening revealed the presence of alkaloids and saponins while anthraquinones and flavonoids are weakly present. All the doses resulted in significant increase in mount frequency, intromission frequency and significantly prolonged the ejaculatory latency (P 0.05) and reduced mount and intromission latency (P 0.05). There was also a significant increase in serum testosterone concentrations in all the groups in a manner suggestive of dose-dependence (P 0.05).

CONCLUSION: The aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis stem increased the blood testosterone concentrations and this may be the mechanism responsible for its aphrodisiac effects and various masculine behaviors. It may be used to modify impaired sexual functions in animals, especially those arising from hypotestosteronemia.

****************Really no need to comment on this one. Very positive results.

I am a fan of this ingredient absolutely and give it a huge thumbs up. I'm guessing it is dosed around 200-250mg per cap in the product, but that is my guess and I could be wrong as I often am. Should certainly be a solid enough dose to ellicit a good response along with the other ingredients.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The testosterone mimetic properties of icariin. (Zhang ZB, Yang QT.)

Department of Urology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou 515041, China. [email protected]

Aim: To evaluate the testosterone mimetic properties of icariin.

Methods: Forty-eight healthy male Sprague-Dawley rats at the age of 15 months were randomly divided into four groups with 12 rats each: the control group (C), the model group (M), the icariin group (ICA) and the testosterone group (T). The reproductive system was damaged by cyclophosphamide (intraperitoneal injection, 20 mg/kgday) for 5 consecutive days for groups M, ICA and T, at the sixth day, ICA (gastric gavage, 200 mg/kgday) for the ICA group and sterandryl (subcutaneous injection, 5 mg/ratday) for the T group for 7 consecutive days, respectively. The levels of serum testosterone, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), serum bone Gla-protein (BGP) and tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase activity in serum (StrACP) were determined. The histological changes of the testis and the penis were observed by microscope with hematoxylin-eosin (HE) staining and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase biotin-dUTP-X nick end labeling (TUNEL), respectively.

Results: (1) Icariin improved the condition of reproductive organs and increased the circulating levels of testosterone. (2) Icariin treatment also improved the steady-state serum BGP and might have promoted bone formation. At the same time, it decreased the serum levels of StrACP and might have reduced the bone resorption. (3) Icarrin suppressed the extent of apoptosis of penile cavernosal smooth muscle cells.

Conclusion: Icariin has testosterone mimetic properties and has therapeutic potential in the management of hypoandrogenism

"In the present study, we found that chronic treatment of chemically-induced hypoandrogenic male rats with icariin improved the condition of reproductive organs and increased the circulating level of testosterone. We also found that icariin suppressed the extent of apoptosis of penile cavernosal smooth muscle cells. It seems that icariin possesses testosterone-like activities. However, in the present study, there was no significant difference in serum levels of LH and FSH between ICA group and the others. It seems that icariin mainly affects the testis, but further study is required. BGP (also called osteocalcin) is the most abundant noncollagenous protein of the bone matrix. It is a small protein (6 000 Da), and is specifically synthesized by the bone-forming cells–the osteoblasts [24]. Studies comparing concentrations of BGP in serum with direct assessment of bone remodeling by iliac crest histomorphometry have shown that this protein is a specific marker of osteoblastic bone formation [25]. Tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP) is a functional marker of osteoclasts [26]. Its activity is positively correlated with the activity of osteoclasts. TRAP can be produced by osteoclasts and secreted into the blood. So we can assess the activity of osteoclasts by determining the activity of TRAP in serum [27]. In the present study, we found that icariin treatment also improved the steady-state serum BGP and might have promoted bone formation. At the same time, it decreased the serum levels of StrACP and might have reduced bone resorption. Therefore, icariin treatment is beneficial to bone metabolism. In summary, icariin shows testosterone mimetic properties, and has therapeutic potential in the management of hypoandrogenism, which is encountered in most of the aging male population. Further experimental and
clinical work is required."

"icariin (40% purity momoside; Huacui Biotechnology, Xi’an, China) was administered through gastric gavage at a dose of 200 mg/kg·day for 7 consecutive days in the ICA group."

Table 2. Effect of icariin on reproduction endocrine function. Data were expressed as mean ± SD (n = 12).

C, control group; ICA, icariin group; M, model group; T, testosterone group.

Group Testosterone (ng/mL) LH (mIU/mL) FSH (mIU/mL)
M 0.7878 ± 0.4469 0.1517 ± 0.0407 0.1981 ± 0.0289
C 3.0141 ± 0.4131 0.1421 ± 0.0114 0.1901 ± 0.1724
ICA 10.9387 ± 2.0392 0.1326 ± 0.0125 0.1673 ± 0.0156

T 34.9649 ± 11.4220 0.1586 ± 0.0613 0.2582 ± 0.2937

***************Sorry the table is difficult to read guys. My formatting has taken a hit since I haven't been on the boards as much. Also me being lazy has increased, so I'm leaving it the way it is. If it isn't clear, Testosterone in the Icariin group was 10.9 vs. 3.01 in the control. This study did use a LARGE dose of 200mg/kg of 40% Icariin to elicit that response, but it is an interesting study nonetheless

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Icariin inhibits corticosterone-induced apoptosis in hypothalamic neurons via the PI3-K/Akt signaling pathway.
Zhang H, Liu B, Wu J, Xu C, Tao J, Duan X, Cao Y, Dong J.

Laboratory of Lung, Inflammation and Cancers, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, PR China.

Excessive corticosterone (CORT) is acknowledged to induce neuronal damage in a number of regions of the brain, particularly the hippocampus, the main area implicated in depression. However, little research has been conducted on alterations to hypothalamic neurons in depression and the cellular and molecular basis for these changes. In the present study, we aimed to determine whether CORT causes apoptosis in primary cultured hypothalamic neurons, and to investigate the protective effects of icariin, an active natural ingredient from the Chinese plant, Epimedium sagittatum Maxim. Our study demonstrates that exposure of hypothalamic neurons to CORT causes a significant loss in viability, a significant decrease in mitochondrial membrane potential, an increase in caspase-3 activity, an elevation in intracellular reactive oxygen species elevation and decreased superoxide dismutase activity. However, pretreatment of cells with icariin prior to CORT exposure was identified to noticeably suppress these CORT-induced events. Furthermore, icariin may prevent CORT-induced cell death via activation of the PI3-K/Akt pathway. In conclusion, icariin is able to prevent CORT-induced hypothalamic cell apoptosis via activation of the PI3-K/Akt pathway.

Icariin delays homocysteine-induced endothelial cellular senescence involving activation of the PI3K/AKT-eNOS signaling pathway.

Institute of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University , Shanghai , China.

Context: Homocysteine-induced endothelial cellular senescence may contribute to some cardiovascular disorders. Icariin (ICA), a flavonoid derived from Epimedium sagittatum Maxim. (Berberidaceae), has been reported to increase production of nitric oxide (NO) and reduce reactive oxygen species (ROS) levels in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs). Objective: To observe the effects of ICA on homocysteine-induced senescence and the underlying mechanisms in HUVECs. Materials and methods: ICA at concentrations of 0.1, 1, and 5 μM was added into homocysteine pretreated HUVECs. Cellular senescence was assayed by senescence-associated β-galactosidase (SA-β-gal) staining and cumulative population doublings (CPDs). ICA (5 μM) was given orally to homocysteine-treated rats, luminal surface of aortic artery of rats was subjected to SA-β-gal staining. Protein expression was measured by western blot. Results: Homocysteine significantly increased cellular senescence both in vitro and in vivo. After treatment by ICA, the percentage of SA-β-gal-positive cells, and the ROS level significantly decreased. The CPDs were partially restored. ICA also significantly reduced the mean density of SA-β-gal staining in vivo. found that NO production and phosphorylation of AKT, ERK, and endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) were elevated by ICA in HUVECs. Furthermore, the increased level of NO production was fully abolished by the phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase (PI3K) inhibitor wortmannin. The mitogen-activated protein kinase (MEK) inhibitor PD98059, which can inhibit phosphorylation of ERK, did not show this ability. Discussion and conclusion: Our results indicate that ICA delays homocyteine-induced endothelial senescence in vitro and in vivo. Activation of PI3K/Akt-eNOS-dependent signaling pathway may be responsible for this efficacy of ICA.
PMID: 23336586 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher

*********This certainly isn't my area of expertise, but anytime you can blunt hemocysteine induced cell-damage, I am a fan. Also, Icariin should confer cardio-protective benefits by way of Akt-eNOS.

Healthy Bones? Icariin and its emerging role in the treatment of osteoporosis.

http://www.cmj.org/Periodical/PDF/201311839338570.pdf

Icariin accentuates osteoblast maturation. Icariin increases the activity of alkaline phosphatase and up regulates receptor activator of nuclear factor κ-B ligand (RANKL) expression thereby enhancing bone formation.2 It also affects the bone morphogenic protein-2 (BMP-2)/Smad4 pathway and thereby up regulates both BMP-2 and Smad4 expression leading to the formation of calcified nodules in bone tissue. In fact, icariin exhibits greater efficacy in increasing osteogenic differentiation in comparison to other natural flavonoids such as genistein.3 Besides the above mentioned effects, up regulation of osteoprogeterin is another of the effects of icariin. Knockout of osteoprogeterin has a negative impact on the anabolic activity of icariin.4 Icariin also has a dose dependent effect on differentiation of bone stem cells.5 Icariin also promotes bone genesis during distraction and can thus decrease the duration of distraction therapy.

Icariin also causes G2/M arrest in osteoclasts thus decreasing bone resoption and attenuates tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP) expression by osteoclasts.6 Simultaneously, it has a negative impact on RANKL induced formation of osteoclasts in bone tissue. Icariin also promotes chondro-genesis and may thus have a role in cartilaginous engineering. Icariin up regulates Sox 9 and aggrecan expression and thereby enhances chondro-genesis when administered in high concentrations. It also increases collagen synthesis by chondrocytes and increases glycol-amino-glycan synthesis,7 as a result in promoting extracellular matrix synthesis.

The fact that icariin is not very expensive makes it an ideal candidate in bone regeneration. The above examples clearly illustrate that icariin is a potent drug and the coming few years may see its increased use as a drug to mitigate and treat osteoporosis in humans.

REFERENCES

1. Liu M, Zhong C, He RX, Chen LF. Icariin associated with exercise therapy is an effective treatment for postmenopausal osteoporosis. Chin Med J 2012; 125: 1784-1789.
2. Liang W, Lin M, Li X, Li C, Gao B, Gan H, et al. Icariin promotes bone formation via the BMP-2/Smad4 signal transduction pathway in the hFOB 1.19 human osteoblastic cell line. Int J Mol Med 2012;
3. Ming LG, Chen KM, Xian CJ. Functions and action mechanisms of flavonoids genistein and icariin in regulating bone remodelling. J Cell Physiol 2012; in press.
4. Zheng D, Peng S, Yang SH, Shao ZW, Yang C, Feng Y, et al. The beneficial effect of Icariin on bone is diminished in osteoprotegerin-deficient mice. Bone 2012; 51: 85-92.
5. Fan JJ, Cao LG, Wu T, Wang DX, Jin D, Jiang S, et al. The dose-effect of icariin on the proliferation and osteogenic differentiation of human bone mesenchymal stem cells. Molecules 2011; 16: 10123-
6. Zhang DW, Zhang JC, Fong CC, Yao XS, Yang MS. Herba epimedii flavonoids suppress osteoclastic differentiation and bone resorption by inducing G2/M arrest and apoptosis. Biochimie 2012; 94: 2514-
7. Zhang L, Zhang X, Li KF, Li XD, Xiao YM, Fan YJ, et al. Icariin promotes extracellular matrix synthesis and gene expression of chondrocytes in vitro. Phytother Res 2012; Epub ahead of print.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men.

http://www.adipozinpm.com/studies/forslean.pdf

Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR.
Source
University of Kansas, Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA. [email protected]

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men.

RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURE:
Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks.

RESULTS:
Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group.

DISCUSSION:
Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.

****************Comment: I just typed this up twice with pulled results from the paper. Both times the forum didn't post the reply and I lost everything. Having spent an hour on it, I decided to just post the study this time and let ya'll check out the link if you are interested in the specifics. The results are definitely impressive and some of the discussion will help to understand exactly how Forskolin works via cAMP. The dosage was 500mg of 10% extract per day (250mg twice). That makes for 50 mg of pure forskolin per day. With the 20% extract in Tropinol, only 250mg would be needed to match this dose. I believe this dose is easily matched and probably exceeded in Tropinol. Perhaps in the 300-350mg range.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
As a cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP)1 stimula-tor, forskolin leads to the production of the active form of hormone-sensitive lipase (HSL). HSL is directly involved in the mobilization of triglyceride stores that release free fatty acids to be used for fuel within the body. Because forskolin has a potentially favorable effect on body composition, it is important to examine its efficacy. Therefore, a study into the effects of forskolin on body compositional changes, endogenous testosterone, and any changes with regard to resting metabolic rate (RMR) is warranted. Before forskolin, most weight loss aids used some form of adrenergic a- and 13-receptor agonists, such as ephedrine. However, compared with ephedrine and even more selective adrenergic receptor agonists, forskolin does not interact with adrenergic receptors (a1, a2, 131, and 132 receptors) and, thus, does not result in excessive stimulation of cardiac tissue and does not raise blood pressure (5,17). Therefore, forskolin is not a sympathomimetic drug; it exhibits a va- sodilatory effect, and a decrease in blood pressure is ex- pected (18). Also as a postreceptor agent, adrenergic recep- tors should not down-regulate over time; thus, a diminished lipolytic effect should not occur. Therefore, forskolin could potentially be used for long periods of time with no diminished lipolytic effects. When evaluating body composition, it is also important to focus on ways to increase lean body mass (LBM) and not just reduction in fat mass. A critical component of LBM maintenance is having a sufficient supply of endogenous testosterone. Testosterone is the end product of a number of hormonal reactions. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone is se- creted by the hypothalamus and controls the pulsatile secre- tion of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) by the anterior pituitary (19,20). LH regu- lates the production and secretion of testosterone by the Leydig cells of the testes, and FSH stimulates spermatogen- esis (19). Forskolin may have a favorable effect on enhancing serum testosterone levels through the theorized potential influence on cAMP. Because LH exerts its effects on Ley- dig cells of the testicles (stimulating production of testosterone) through cAMP, one may expect an increased level of endogenous testosterone with the use of this compound as well (21,22). Through enhanced natural testosterone pro- duction caused by cAMP accumulation, the preservation of LBM along with concurrent reductions in body fat could be expected (23). The predominately female preliminary studies have shown that LBM can be preserved (13.16). There- fore, one of the hypotheses in our study, which only con- sisted of men, was that LBM would increase significantly in the forskolin compared with the placebo group because of significant increases in endogenous testosterone levels. Forskolin has been shown to have a positive inotropic and vasodilatory effect in clinical human studies. However, no research has been conducted on forskolin’s effect on endogenous testosterone levels or potential effect on RMR in human clinical studies conducted exclusively in men. It is important to determine whether a relationship exists be- tween positive changes in body composition through changes in RMR and changes in endogenous testosterone levels through oral supplementation of a capsule containing forskolin. The primary objectives of this study were to determine whether 1) forskolin administration (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) results in fat loss and muscle gain; 2) forskolin administration results in higher endogenous testosterone levels; 3) forskolin has a positive effect on increasing RMR; and 4) forskolin administration results in lower systemic blood pressure.

DXA Body Fat Percent. The forskolin group had a sig- nificant decrease in body fat percent from baseline (35.17 ± 8.03%) to final measurement (31.03 ± 7.96%). The placebo group showed no significant difference in body fat percent from baseline to final measurement. The actual change in body fat percent from before to after the study (-4.14 ± 4.47% vs. -0.96 ± 1.66% for forskolin vs. placebo, re- spectively) was shown to be significantly different among groups (p ::: 0.05).

Fat Mass. After the 12-week trial period, fat mass de- creased significantly in the forskolin group (p ::: 0.05) with no change occurring in the placebo group. Additionally, the actual change in fat mass from before to after showed a significant difference among groups (p ::: 0.05; Table 1).

LBM. After the 12-week trial period, LBM increased significantly in both groups (p ::: 0.05). No significant differences were shown among groups at either pre– or post–time-points. However, the actual change in LBM from baseline to final measurements revealed a trend toward significance among groups (p = 0.097; Table 1).

Body Weight. No significant differences were found for the actual change in body weight from pre- to post-mea- surements. Overall, the forskolin group lost 0.07 ± 2.39 kg of body weight compared with the placebo group, which actually gained 1.20 ± 2.33 kg (Table 1).

Table 2. Total testosterone and free testosterone values at each time-point

Forskolin ----------------------- Change---------------Percent change
Total testosterone (ng/mL)-------------0.69 ± 1.26---------(+16.77 ± 33.77)
Free testosterone (pg/mL)--------------0.46 ± 0.86*---------(+3.47 ± 8.10)

Placebo
Total testosterone (ng/mL)-----------(-0.11 ± 0.95) --------(-1.08 ± 18.35)
Free testosterone (pg/mL)------------(-0.51 ± 1.04)--------(-4.11 ± 11.48)

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
on of the loggers on bb.com has been posting up studies on some of the different compounds in trop xp.......i personally havent had time to dig through all of them, but fwiw im just gonna copy and paste some of his posts here
Good stuff man! His log is so good.. its hard to keep up with!!

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hey OP,

I can tell you that this is a solid formula. Solid doses of everything in there. Hits things via a couple of different pathways. I never used the original one, but this delivers in a few realms: workout pumps/endurance, mood/agression, and test enhancement via Fadogia, which has blood tests backing its effectiveness (check for older T-Force blood tests).

I have begun my research on 25-R, but I have yet to compile a decent enough amount of research to post all of it up. Icariin + Forskolin + Fadogia are GREAT ingredients for energy/hormonal/body-comp improvements. Potassium nitrate is also (in addition to providing great pumps), a HUGE contributor to workout endurance.

Please do some research.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am currently logging it. I'm usually skeptical about most things. However, so far I am impressed. Leaning out with calories staying arou d maintenance, strength has increased slightly as has endurance, raised libido, and good pumps. I'm not well researched on all of the ingredients in it as this is the first time I have used most of the ingredients in the formula (I have tried 25r in the original Mass FX as well as various nitrates.) I have 11 years of training and supplements, I can usually tell what works and what is placebo. Obviously it's no miracle supplement or anything, but as of right now I am happy with my run.

I am currently about 2 weeks in. Let me know if you have any questions and you can also check out my log

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support, we are convinced that Tropinol XP will be one of the most effective all-in-one body composition improving and testosterone boosting agents available.

Jcweinsx

Awards
Also logging Tropinol xp. Endurance and recovery between sets is very good. Can't comment on test boost w/o bloodwork. Strength is too early to tell at day 15. I would prob buy tropinol xp again just for endurance for my non-weightlifting activities. recovery/repeatability from intervals is stellar

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
I am currently logging it. I'm usually skeptical about most things. However, so far I am impressed. Leaning out with calories staying arou d maintenance, strength has increased slightly as has endurance, raised libido, and good pumps. I'm not well researched on all of the ingredients in it as this is the first time I have used most of the ingredients in the formula (I have tried 25r in the original Mass FX as well as various nitrates.) I have 11 years of training and supplements, I can usually tell what works and what is placebo. Obviously it's no miracle supplement or anything, but as of right now I am happy with my run.

I am currently about 2 weeks in. Let me know if you have any questions and you can also check out my log
Glad you're liking it so far :) especially being that you're normall skeptical of things (which isn't a bad way to be honestly). I'll be sure to sub in to your log

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like everyone who tries it loves it ;)