Jarrow Formulas - Toco-Sorb (Hair loss)

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
Jarrow Formulas - Toco-Sorb (Toco-8 Alternative)

Hey guys,

I want to tell you about the following product. It is similar to toco-8 but a lot better.

It utilizes the Tocomin® SupraBio system which is what was used in the original study for hair loss.

"TocoSorb® tocotrienol-vitamin E complex utilizes SupraBio® enhanced absorption system. Tocotrienols protect cardiovascular function by affecting biosynthesis of cholesterol and reducing oxidation of low density lipoprotein (LDL-Cholesterol).* TocoSorb® also maintains healthy brain functions.*Typically, bioavailability of tocotrienols is low. Patented SupraBio® specialized lipid mixture enhances tocotrienol uptake 2 to 3 times. TocoSorb® is derived from natural full spectrum palm oil"

It only costs around $13! for 60 softgels. Remember if you do start taking this product to combat hairloss or to try and grow hair, you need to take 2 softgels daily.

Me personally i bought 6 bottles.

Also there are a lot of other health benefits when supplementing with a tocotrienol-vitamin E. I feel much healthier and my cardiovascular endurance has increased.

Links to the studies:
tocotrienol.org/news/56-news/205-hair-loss-prevention-study-with-tocominrsuprabio-bioenhanced-palm-tocotrienol-complex-published.html

naturalproductsinsider.com/news/2011/03/tocomin-hair-loss-study-published.aspx

cheers

moe1980

Awards
Nice , im using toco8 but since it the company is gone im looking for a replacement , thanks.

RickyBDragon

RickyBDragon

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the post, I am about to run out of toco-8 and need to find a replacement. I will try out a few bottles of toco sorb and see how it goes.

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
No problems guys. Please post back here with your results.

I have also noticed that my hair on my head and on my face grows a lot faster!

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE: Toco-sorb has definitely made my hair thicker and healthier. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to prevent hair loss. It also has great brain and heart benefits.

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
I am about to run out of my toco-8 supply next month. Thanks for the post!

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
NP guys, i really feel more people need to know about this product. I swear i am not a rep or anything but it really is an amazing product.

My hair is awesome. My blood pressure is great (i monitor this myself) and my skin has a nice healthy glow to it. And i thank all of this to toco-sorb. It apparently absorbs better than toco8 and is so much more affordable.

I have given a bottle to my sister who has a lot of red marks and slight acne on her cheeks so i will see what it does for her and let you guys know.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I've been using this for nearly a year now. Can't say I notice anything but its healthy and good value

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So does two soft gels equal the same amount used in the study?

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE: Toco-sorb has definitely made my hair thicker and healthier. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to prevent hair loss. It also has great brain and heart benefits.
What are you dosing it at?

Jon_b

Jon_b

Awards
Would you expect this to have much of an effect on a receding hairline, or is that a separate matter than overall thinning hair?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Would you expect this to have much of an effect on a receding hairline, or is that a separate matter than overall thinning hair?
Not heaps or anything.

Better off getting propecia

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
Not to much effect on a receding hairline.

Its good for thickening your hair slightly and hair health and making your hair grow faster.

Younglifter16

Awards
stuff is great for overall heart health and many other benefits. Dont expect any hair growth or it to stop your hair loss. Its cheap enough to find to make it a staple though as an overall health supp.

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to much effect on a receding hairline. Its good for thickening your hair slightly and hair health and making your hair grow faster.
I have been using Jarrow Formulas familE at 2 s gels a day.I use it because familE has all 8 forms of vitamin E.I do realize that Toco-Sorb is mostly a tocotrienol formula with some d-alpha tocopherol in it. What is the difference between the 2 formulas?

Younglifter16

Awards
I have been using Jarrow Formulas familE at 2 s gels a day.I use it because familE has all 8 forms of vitamin E.I do realize that Toco-Sorb is mostly a tocotrienol formula with some d-alpha tocopherol in it. What is the difference between the 2 formulas?
one specializes in tocotrienols (toco-sorb) and therefore has a higher mg blend (57mg vs 38mg). while the other is more complete and incorporates mixed tocopherols into the formula as well (familE). The tocotrienols is what the hair "study" was done with, so you would go the higher amount you can get, in this case toco-sorb.

Sucks that jarrow made toco-sorb a prop blend, must be for a reason, probably pixie dusting all those good tocotrienols while giving us a surplus of the less important ones.

propho

Awards
  • Established
Was just reading about this.. think i'll give it a whirl.. any other feedback on this?

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
one specializes in tocotrienols (toco-sorb) and therefore has a higher mg blend (57mg vs 38mg). while the other is more complete and incorporates mixed tocopherols into the formula as well (familE). The tocotrienols is what the hair "study" was done with, so you would go the higher amount you can get, in this case toco-sorb.

Sucks that jarrow made toco-sorb a prop blend, must be for a reason, probably pixie dusting all those good tocotrienols while giving us a surplus of the less important ones.
Could not of said it better my self. Great post!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love toco and haven't given any other product a shot. This post definitely made me realize how much I miss it. Will be buying 2-3 bottles. Thanx op

mrgodlike

Awards
Thanks for this info... Just took a look another Jarrow product called Life Extension Gamma E. Looks more complete than toco-sorb and looks more comparable to toco-8 if dosed at 2 caps with the same if not higher servings of each tocotrienol & tocopherol at the 2 cap dosage. So for those interested, Just going to pass this info I found along so that it may help someone.

propho

Awards
  • Established
Kind of bringing this thread back to life... anyone showing any results? I also have changed my shampoo and conditioner to one for hair growth.. Not Nioxin since it's got chemicals in it.. went with the Jason brand with Biotin as it's sulfate free and all natural..

From what I can tell I've got less hair on my pillow in the morning and less hair dropping down into the drain when showering..

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
I was on Toco-8 for 7 months and then switched to the Jarrow formula. I cannot say anything either way. I did hope for it to help with my thinning hair in the back but I cannot say either way. Hair grows much quicker though.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I want to tell you about the following product. It is similar to toco-8 but a lot better.

It utilizes the Tocomin® SupraBio system which is what was used in the original study for hair loss.

"TocoSorb® tocotrienol-vitamin E complex utilizes SupraBio® enhanced absorption system. Tocotrienols protect cardiovascular function by affecting biosynthesis of cholesterol and reducing oxidation of low density lipoprotein (LDL-Cholesterol).* TocoSorb® also maintains healthy brain functions.*Typically, bioavailability of tocotrienols is low. Patented SupraBio® specialized lipid mixture enhances tocotrienol uptake 2 to 3 times. TocoSorb® is derived from natural full spectrum palm oil"

It only costs around $13! for 60 softgels. Remember if you do start taking this product to combat hairloss or to try and grow hair, you need to take 2 softgels daily.

Me personally i bought 6 bottles.

Also there are a lot of other health benefits when supplementing with a tocotrienol-vitamin E. I feel much healthier and my cardiovascular endurance has increased.

Links to the studies:
tocotrienol.org/news/56-news/205-hair-loss-prevention-study-with-tocominrsuprabio-bioenhanced-palm-tocotrienol-complex-published.html

naturalproductsinsider.com/news/2011/03/tocomin-hair-loss-study-published.aspx

cheers

I got a bottle of that lying around. I also scored some liposomal vit. E (100% absorption) intended for horses. ive also tried water soluable E, though that may be off the market now. the tocosorb is way better absorbed than most vitamin E supplements; it has a serving size of 70% daily recommended allowance I think; it looks like the small but effective dose is designed to get around digestive issues some people have with larger amounts of other forms that end up never getting absorbed. I read this doctpr's practitioner manual that had people taking up to 1600 iu a day.

interesting the connection to hair loss. ive always believed that vitamin E ability to thin blood resulted in better circulation to the brain; the more blood that can reach it's destination, the more that destination is nourished since the blood carries the nutrition.

ive also heard choline, methionine (or any sulfur-bearing amino) and silica helps with strengthening the hair. in my opinion, most forms of silica don't work; swanson makes a high potency bamboo extract, though a lot of people claim humans lack the enzme to digest the silica from bamboo. orgone has an insanely expensive silica form they developed, though I couldn't say if it works. I use something called oceanic silica, but the best effects from a silica supplement ive noticed are from a jarrow product called bio-sil; it tastes really nasty and some of my friends I pushed it onto told me it upset their digestion

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can offer some general thoughts:

I use several Jarrow Brands products. I am VERY impressed with them. The price/performance is really good, and they are available at Vitacost, Swanson and most all other retailers art a fairly decent discount.

I started the Toco product recently. I also use other Vit E-related compounds from other suppliers. My use for the Toco product is for LDL management.

I also use - and very highly recommend - Jarrow B-Right. It is a methyl B complex. I used 3 each day, along with the TMG I take.

I also use Jarrow Ginger extract, Jarrow Ashwaganda, Jarrow Cordyceps, Jarrow d-Limonene, and Jarrow Selenium (in the form of Methylselenocysteine).

RickyBDragon

RickyBDragon

Banned
Awards
Yea I got the email. Idk a bit to pricey for my taste but looks good
Yeah their price is outrageous, that's why I'm hoping NutraPlanet picks it up so we can grab it for a much more reasonable price like before.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah their price is outrageous, that's why I'm hoping NutraPlanet picks it up so we can grab it for a much more reasonable price like before.
I'm sure it will eventually go down but they're starting point is way to high. Once price goes down I'm sure they will get more customers. But for now that sh!t could stay right there lol

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure it will eventually go down but they're starting point is way to high. Once price goes down I'm sure they will get more customers. But for now that sh!t could stay right there lol

Might depend on how much Eric's bail was.

I kid, I kid. Glad PF is able to get back on their feet again.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Might depend on how much Eric's bail was. I kid, I kid. Glad PF is able to get back on their feet again.
That was funny. Good one.

Let's see how long this lasts until he goes back to ph

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Jarrows is great I use their organic whey protein

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established