pre workout time

MMGtheSERB

Awards
I have been taking pre workouts for bout a year now but I never really understood what it mean by saying take it 20-30 mins before workout... Does it literally mean that I have to wait 30 mins before I workout when I take it or can I workout right away? what would give me better results

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been taking pre workouts for bout a year now but I never really understood what it mean by saying take it 20-30 mins before workout... Does it literally mean that I have to wait 30 mins before I workout when I take it or can I workout right away? what would give me better results
It's not like if you only wait 19minutes you'll burst into flames or anything lol. That's usually the amount of time for most to kick in, fully.

I can take Jack3d micro anywhere from 15-30min before a workout. Depends on a few factors on how fast it "hits" you.

LiamGTR

LiamGTR

Awards
I usually take it about 30 mins before, that gives me time to pack my gym bag, take a slow jog to the gym (lucky I don't live too far away) and finally then carry on warming up for a further 5-10 mins, by this time my heart rates up, I'm warm, and my Pre-W.O has probably kicked in by then.

boogyman

Awards
I take mine an hour before working out, just to help wake me at 4AM. But my workouts are a little less than an hour most time, so it lasts well past my training.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find that each PWO is a little different. Most of the time I take it 30 mins before walking into the gym. There are workouts that I time taking it so the full effects are occurring right about the time I pyramid to heavy weights. This way full effects aren't wasted on the light weight warmup lifts.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I find that each PWO is a little different. Most of the time I take it 30 mins before walking into the gym. There are workouts that I time taking it so the full effects are occurring right about the time I pyramid to heavy weights. This way full effects aren't wasted on the light weight warmup lifts.
^^This is what I have noticed. Individual differences can alter the timing of how long it takes for some ingredients to "kick in" and this can differ from product to product. Usually with this accounted for I take my pre at a certain time like as I leave for the gym so that by the time I get through my pre-weights warm ups I am rocking and ready to go. :cool:

MMGtheSERB

Awards
alright cuz I workout 3-5 hours a day so as soon as I take it I workout so I can have the energy as long as possible, but I can feel it fade away after 45mins-1hour and then I feel tired for the rest of my workout

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alright cuz I workout 3-5 hours a day so as soon as I take it I workout so I can have the energy as long as possible, but I can feel it fade away after 45mins-1hour and then I feel tired for the rest of my workout
Why do you workout 3-5 hours a day?

MMGtheSERB

Awards
I'm training for mma so I gotta go from 200-250 pounds of muscle as soon as possible, sometime I spend my whole night working out 10pm-7am I just wanna get as big as possible

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm training for mma so I gotta go from 200-250 pounds of muscle as soon as possible, sometime I spend my whole night working out 10pm-7am I just wanna get as big as possible
You've got it all wrong dude. Working out from 10pm-7am is not gonna get you big that fast. And you want to gain 50 pounds? In what amount of time? You need to figure out your diet and get way more rest.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
The timing involved with preworkouts is generally very subjective and individual.

Taking the mixtures on an empty stomach, for example, typically leads to more quickly potentiated effects from the products.

Personally, as far as iForce products are concerned, I like to take Maximize Intense on an empty stomach 15-20 minutes before working out, and Hemavol approximately half an hour before heading to the weight room. Hemavol caps are taken about an hour before the workout for me, as they take a bit longer to exert their effect.

Typically when companies recommend 20-45 minutes, it's wise to give that sort of time frame the first time you take it and adjust your timing to your individual needs accordingly.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And a pre isnt going to last from 10pm to 7am.

MMGtheSERB

Awards
I'm gaining lots of mass and **** however I eat 2 times a day, sometimes 3 and I need to start cooking my own food so I can eat healthier, but I'm definitely getting a lot bigger, I just wanna get at least to 230-250 in bout 5 months, I can get to 250 pounds of pure muscle in a couple of months with steroids but I dont wanna take that risk at the age of 20 unless I get into ufc and then if I need to get big as **** then I'll do it, but for now I need to get my 8 pack back and still be over 215 which is almost impossible

stout1out

Awards
Wow that's all I can say about the post above. You need to sleep at night and read this forum carefully post by post and you will soon find out how wrong you are training and eating on so many levels

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

O dear lord.. before you destroy your life, you need to hire a trainer.

Mike

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Oh dear lord indeed. Sigh...

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MMG. You are going to burn out fast using your current training routine. Muscle doesn't form in the gym it happens at rest. You really need to reduce training time, train smarter and get your diet under control.

MMGtheSERB

Awards
I sleep 11-13 hours a day and I tried working out 20-30 minutes after taking a pre workout and my workouts have been 10 times better and my pumps last for over an hour now

LiamGTR

LiamGTR

Awards
I'm gaining lots of mass and **** however I eat 2 times a day, sometimes 3 and I need to start cooking my own food so I can eat healthier, but I'm definitely getting a lot bigger, I just wanna get at least to 230-250 in bout 5 months, I can get to 250 pounds of pure muscle in a couple of months with steroids but I dont wanna take that risk at the age of 20 unless I get into ufc and then if I need to get big as **** then I'll do it, but for now I need to get my 8 pack back and still be over 215 which is almost impossible
Oh my god. The above posts are painful to read. You're gonna have a tough time in MMA/UFC if you think by taking steriods and "get big as ****" you're gonna be good. 250 pounds of muscle when only eating twice a day and training 3-5 hours?

and you think you can get to 250 pounds of pure muscle in a couple of months? Give it a rest mate, you're making it sound like it's easy and anyone can do it.

I sleep 11-13 hours a day and I tried working out 20-30 minutes after taking a pre workout and my workouts have been 10 times better and my pumps last for over an hour now
So I'm guessing you don't have a job? What with you sleeping 13hrs a day, training 5hrs, eating only twice a day (lets say 30mins/meal) that only leaves 5hrs/day (that's not including the commute to/from work)

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
So what I'm hearing is, you workout hard all night, are making great gains, sleep all day, and eat two crappy meals a day? All this with no injuries? And your biggest issue is your prewprkout doesn't last long enough? None of that adds up.

can see 3 hours a few days a week being useful. An hour of weights, an hour of technique work, and an hour of drills. But even that seems like too much.

But I don't see 5 hours a day going well. Also if you think youre working out for that long with any reasonable intensity, you're wrong. Short intense workouts are what you need, and a trainer, and probably a few books on human physiology, and a legitimate sparring partner. In lieu of all that you need years of smart training, a lot of research, elite genetics, and a whole lot of luck.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
I smell a troll. No one, no one can be as uninformed as this guy. It's 180 degrees from anything that is actually helpful and healthy to do to your body.

MMGtheSERB

Awards
my left wrist hurts real bad when I work out, but that's it, I think I injured it. but I dont give a **** all of you can suck my mother ****ing dick
I AM THE BEST !