Alphamine reviews

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by Seabee1507 View Post
    hello?
    As far as nutritional advice I always raise Protein when in a deficit as opposed to lowering it (I lower the other macronutrients instead). Did you jump straight into a 600 calorie deficit and what are your amounts of carbohydrates and fats? I prefer to start slow and decrease more only when necessary to avoid certain negative circumstances (such as strength loss, etc).

If the scale hasn't moved then it may be in your head. The mental side of cutting is what usually wrecks most people as they believe they are weaker or smaller and this devastates their psyche and hurts workouts. If it has only been a week with your cut then maybe it is just a bad workout or you may need to make some adjustments in diet and/or training.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   

2. yes, i jumped straight into a 600 cal deficit. carbs average around 240 g and fats around 100g. what should they be? this is an average over about 3 weeks...

My training has been with higher volume, but i throw in a heavy lift or 2 each day. for instance, on chest day i might do heavy DB press and high volume BB bench,flys,incline,etc....

i have lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks btw, is that to slow or to fast?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Seabee1507 View Post
    yes, i jumped straight into a 600 cal deficit. carbs average around 240 g and fats around 100g. what should they be? this is an average over about 3 weeks...

My training has been with higher volume, but i throw in a heavy lift or 2 each day. for instance, on chest day i might do heavy DB press and high volume BB bench,flys,incline,etc....

i have lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks btw, is that to slow or to fast?
    There are a lot of different approaches to weight loss from a manipulation of macronutrient intake so it is hard to just give a blanket suggestion. Personally I set my protein intake at 1.5g per lb or higher on a cut then alter fat and carbs from there depending on several factors. My first suggestion would be probably to add some protein back in to at the very minimum hit 1g per lb of bodyweight and therefore lessen the caloric deficit some.

You could possibly be working with too much volume during a cut. In general due to the decrease in calories recovery is going to be hampered while losing weight so volume typically should decrease as opposed to doing more. I believe in hitting things with a relative high intensity (as in higher weight, % of 1rm) as opposed to increasing reps on a cut. I find this best to minimize strength and muscle loss on a deficit.

6lbs over 3 weeks isn't necessarily too fast, but this depends on your body fat levels. I wouldn't aim for over 2lbs a week at the start unless you are already pretty lean.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    There are a lot of different approaches to weight loss from a manipulation of macronutrient intake so it is hard to just give a blanket suggestion. Personally I set my protein intake at 1.5g per lb or higher on a cut then alter fat and carbs from there depending on several factors. My first suggestion would be probably to add some protein back in to at the very minimum hit 1g per lb of bodyweight and therefore lessen the caloric deficit some.

You could possibly be working with too much volume during a cut. In general due to the decrease in calories recovery is going to be hampered while losing weight so volume typically should decrease as opposed to doing more. I believe in hitting things with a relative high intensity (as in higher weight, % of 1rm) as opposed to increasing reps on a cut. I find this best to minimize strength and muscle loss on a deficit.

6lbs over 3 weeks isn't necessarily too fast, but this depends on your body fat levels. I wouldn't aim for over 2lbs a week at the start unless you are already pretty lean.

okay, so i will set my protein back to where it was at around 310 g or so. i dropped because i was looking for some calories to cut out.
    are you suggesting that i change my workout sets/reps? i guess i thought that when you were wanting to cut a little you needed to decrease the weight and increase the reps. am i wrong? so would you recommend something like a 5x5? thats a happy medium in my opinion.

and i am not what i would call lean by any means. i think the 2 lbs a week is pretty reasonable.

how much cardio should i do roughly? i know there is a fine line there when you want to keep strength and mass loss to a minimum.
    •   

5. Quote Originally Posted by Seabee1507 View Post

okay, so i will set my protein back to where it was at around 310 g or so. i dropped because i was looking for some calories to cut out.
    are you suggesting that i change my workout sets/reps? i guess i thought that when you were wanting to cut a little you needed to decrease the weight and increase the reps. am i wrong? so would you recommend something like a 5x5? thats a happy medium in my opinion.

and i am not what i would call lean by any means. i think the 2 lbs a week is pretty reasonable.

how much cardio should i do roughly? i know there is a fine line there when you want to keep strength and mass loss to a minimum.
    I have always believed in low reps, heavy weights with less overall volume during a cut. Heavier weights are better for building or even maintaining strength depending on how severe the calorie restrictions are.

I just started my cut, I have been doing slightly above maintenace on my four training days, and below on my three off days. I go moderate carbs on training days and minimal on off days, with a little extra carbs on squat day, my last training day of the week.

6. Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    I have always believed in low reps, heavy weights with less overall volume during a cut. Heavier weights are better for building or even maintaining strength depending on how severe the calorie restrictions are.I just started my cut, I have been doing slightly above maintenace on my four training days, and below on my three off days. I go moderate carbs on training days and minimal on off days, with a little extra carbs on squat day, my last training day of the week.
    what would you call "moderate" carbs?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Seabee1507 View Post
    what would you call "moderate" carbs?
    Well I am a lot smaller than you. I go for about 300 on workout days, with about 50 on rest days. Its working for me so far. I also am using IF, and trying to eat a lot of my carbs in my first meal, with them tapering off after that.

I am not really trying to lose weight so much as recomp. I do have some fat on my midsection, so I probably will end up a little lighter at the end, but thats fine.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 116
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 05:28 PM
  2. Alphamine Review and mini log!
    By tsaati in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 09:44 AM
  3. Portable Music Player Reviews...
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2003, 09:47 PM