PES...REALLY?!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First enhanced and not i just saw on facebook that protein is coming in a few months?!

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Big things fellas..... Big things

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't wait to see the PES twist done with this.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
In for Raspberry Lemonade Protein... ? :D

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We have more on the way as well.

Wait, what?!

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
It's nice to see PES coming out with more new products. The thing I respect the most about PES is that they only put out quality products, thus they aren't bringing something new to the market every 2 months.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SOOO excited about this and seeing some great flavor ideas in the other thread!!!

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
What is the point of another protein supplement? I mean there a plenty of them on the market and I have tried them all.
In the end I have chosen to just stick with a bulk High quality WPC.

So what will make PES protein any better? And just FYI I am a massive PES fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
Anything new or different about this protein?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would be real nice if its a WPI and not a WPC

my stomach hates WPC

Congrats PES
There will be more than one PES protein in our future...which asks a good question.

Why TYPES of proteins do you guys want to see?

Protein types (iso, casein, etc) and also, categories. Post workout, morning, etc.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There will be more than one PES protein in our future...which asks a good question.

Protein types (iso, casein, etc) and also, categories. Post workout, morning, etc.
Its all the same to me. A well priced blend that doesn't taste like booty and I'm gtg.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established

Something along the lines of Syntrax Nectar but less expensive. I could see PES being the only ones that could beat the Nectar taste

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Honestly pepto would be a dream come true...

- Valdez

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

def not 100% whey. thats too expensive. something like syntha 6 or even a "weight gainer". not saying it as the typical weight gainers out there. but like, throw in a 50 extra g of carbs and a little more cals. just a thought.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Something along the lines of Syntrax Nectar but less expensive. I could see PES being the only ones that could beat the Nectar taste
This!! That was my favorite. Their flavors were awesome. But, like you said, it was pricey, so I stopped using it.

boogyman

Awards
def not 100% whey. thats too expensive. something like syntha 6 or even a "weight gainer". not saying it as the typical weight gainers out there. but like, throw in a 50 extra g of carbs and a little more cals. just a thought.
A solid high calorie supplement that used a high quality carb source could do well if it was not to expensive. Might not be practical though.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A solid high calorie supplement that used a high quality carb source could do well if it was not to expensive. Might not be practical though.
yeah i was thinking that but worth a shot.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
More of a MRP type powder?

What kind of carb sources are preferred? Oat powder, rice powder, etc.

boogyman

Awards
More of a MRP type powder?

What kind of carb sources are preferred? Oat powder, rice powder, etc.
I would say oats because a lot of people grind them up for that use anyhow. And something that can be mixed well in a shaker.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Great ideas in here guys, much appreciated!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A post workout with fast acting carbs and protein would be the bomb diggity.

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
The main thing that PES needs to bring into consideration is Value because that plays a huge role in deciding which protein I go with. This is something I consume up to 3 times per day so with the high volume of usage, i'm looking at 2 weeks out of a 5lb tub... Price will be a big bargaining chip as to whether I switch. I'm sure that goes for others.
The ones I'm rocking with right now
Giant Sports Delicious Protein: 63 servings
VPX Zero Carb: 85 servings

I usually buy in bulk around the time of sales and what'not for best value.
Right now a 12lb bag of ON Serious Mass is 53$ on Amazon... which IMO is a ****ing steal!
10lb bag of whey 100 bucks, 150 servings. Divide that by half that's 75 full servings, roughly 4 weeks of usage.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The main thing that PES needs to bring into consideration is Value because that plays a huge role in deciding which protein I go with. This is something I consume up to 3 times per day so with the high volume of usage, i'm looking at 2 weeks out of a 5lb tub... Price will be a big bargaining chip as to whether I switch. I'm sure that goes for others.
The ones I'm rocking with right now
Giant Sports Delicious Protein: 63 servings
VPX Zero Carb: 85 servings

I usually buy in bulk around the time of sales and what'not for best value.
Right now a 12lb bag of ON Serious Mass is 53$ on Amazon... which IMO is a ****ing steal!
10lb bag of whey 100 bucks, 150 servings. Divide that by half that's 75 full servings, roughly 4 weeks of usage.
Serious Mass is over 80% maltodextrin. You can buy 8lbs of it for ~$20 and combine it with protein powder for an even more economical deal.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Serious Mass is over 80% maltodextrin. You can buy 8lbs of it for ~$20 and combine it with protein powder for an even more economical deal.
excellent point. care to elaborate on Iso-Mass?

rockme

rockme

Awards

I am responding to this thread because I know PES only puts out solid, quality products that work. Otherwise, the forthcoming recommendation/request would surely be scoffed at. That being said, I would love to see a blended mix of WPI, whey hydrolysate, and casein hydrolysate. I would like the protein content to be derived from cows not treated with antibiotics, growth hormone, and fed an all grass diet. In addition to this, omit artificial sweeteners, and sweeten with stevia (and no splenda, please, that is not natural!). Flavor ideas... oreo milkshake, peppermint cheesecake, banana split.

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
I am responding to this thread because I know PES only puts out solid, quality products that work. Otherwise, the forthcoming recommendation/request would surely be scoffed at. That being said, I would love to see a blended mix of WPI, whey hydrolysate, and casein hydrolysate. I would like the protein content to be derived from cows not treated with antibiotics, growth hormone, and fed an all grass diet. In addition to this, omit artificial sweeteners, and sweeten with stevia (and no splenda, please, that is not natural!). Flavor ideas... oreo milkshake, peppermint cheesecake, banana split.

That wont be really cost effective and might end up quite expensive. I highly doubt this will happen.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Artificial sweeteners really aren't all that bad.

- Valdez

rockme

rockme

Awards
Artificial sweeteners really aren't all that bad.

- Valdez
They are classified as an excitotoxin, which is what MSG is also classified as. You're a big boy, bro, so I'm not going to lecture or get on a soap box. But just google the topic at hand and see for yourself

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They are classified as an excitotoxin, which is what MSG is also classified as. You're a big boy, bro, so I'm not going to lecture or get on a soap box. But just google the topic at hand and see for yourself
You're talking about insane amounts. Normal consumption is of little concern

- Valdez

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As much as PES would love to utilize hormone/antibiotic free grass fed milk.. the price of a 2 pound jug would be over $50+.

We wouldn't move that product. The idea is great, just unfortunately truly infeasible.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Im sure there are large posts I could dig up on each of these topics, but let me just get your take first. Why do you feel:

1. Isolates and hydrosylates are superior?
2. Cows must be grass-fed and "natty?"
3. Artificial sweeteners are bad?

Here is what the body of data shows:

1. Unless you're lactose intolerant, WPC retains more dairy-specific growth factors than any of those forms. Whey and casein hydro (not peptopro) have data showing inferior effects on body composition to WPC.

2. The FDA has repeatedly demonstrated no detriment to current milking procedures.

3. The FDA has repeatedly demonstrated that artificial sweeteners are not only safe, but safer than many things in the food supply "naturally."

The distinction between natural and artificial needs to be properly addressed. Essentially every medication you take is of artificial origin. And these medicines have increased human quality of life and lifespan by an incredible amount. Rather than focusing on the origin of compounds, why not dissect the in Vivo data and see if they are neutral, of detriment, or even of benefit to humans?

Anyway, I'd still like to get your take on the above three questions, as we are all individuals and I'd like to know why you feel this way

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Surcalose is not an excitotoxin. Really only aspartame could fit this definition, but it won't matter unless you suffer from a BH4 reduction issue or just classical PKU

Glutamate is an excitatory neurotransmitter. Mono sodium glutamate (MSG) is dietary glutamate that when CONSUMED IN EXCESS can have negative effects. You should note that anything consumed In excess is toxic, even water.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hey coop not to hijack this thread and I know you don't rep for SNS anymore but I was looking on nutraplanet at Focus XT and Caffeine Free Focus XT and why is Focus XT sweetened with Acesulfame potassium and the caffeine free is sweetened with Sucralose?
The caffeine-free version used a new flavoring system, and all the testers seemed to love it so SNS stuck with it. It's not a big deal either way unless you plan on drinking 10 tubs of stimmed Focus XT in one sitting (no, I don't recommend this lol).

Profion

Awards
I did get some protiens shakes from my gym one time that were pistacio! I can tell you the flavor was SO awesome... mmm

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Butterscotch?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Something along the lines of Trutein, where you're not getting a protein "blend" that is comprised of 98% whey concentrate with minimal amounts of whatever else is left.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Something along the lines of Trutein, where you're not getting a protein "blend" that is comprised of 98% whey concentrate with minimal amounts of whatever else is left.
I like this idea.