- 02-03-2013, 10:55 AM
The main thing that PES needs to bring into consideration is Value because that plays a huge role in deciding which protein I go with. This is something I consume up to 3 times per day so with the high volume of usage, i'm looking at 2 weeks out of a 5lb tub... Price will be a big bargaining chip as to whether I switch. I'm sure that goes for others.
The ones I'm rocking with right now
Giant Sports : 63 servings
VPX Zero Carb: 85 servings
I usually buy in bulk around the time of sales and what'not for best value.
Right now a 12lb bag of ON is 53$ on Amazon... which IMO is a ****ing steal!
10lb bag of whey 100 bucks, 150 servings. Divide that by half that's 75 full servings, roughly 4 weeks of usage.
- 02-03-2013, 11:17 AM
- 02-03-2013, 12:12 PM
02-04-2013, 01:12 AM
Iron Forged Nutrition Rep
use code "R1balla" to receive a discount
02-04-2013, 03:50 AM
02-04-2013, 03:58 AM
02-04-2013, 08:00 AM
02-04-2013, 10:20 AM
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
02-04-2013, 02:38 PM
As much as PES would love to utilize hormone/antibiotic free grass fed milk.. the price of a 2 pound jug would be over $50+.
We wouldn't move that product. The idea is great, just unfortunately truly infeasible.
The Historic PES Legend
02-04-2013, 02:47 PM
1. Isolates and hydrosylates are superior?
2. Cows must be grass-fed and "natty?"
3. Artificial sweeteners are bad?
Here is what the body of data shows:
1. Unless you're lactose intolerant, WPC retains more dairy-specific growth factors than any of those forms. Whey and casein hydro (not peptopro) have data showing inferior effects on body composition to WPC.
2. The FDA has repeatedly demonstrated no detriment to current milking procedures.
3. The FDA has repeatedly demonstrated that artificial sweeteners are not only safe, but safer than many things in the food supply "naturally."
The distinction between natural and artificial needs to be properly addressed. Essentially every medication you take is of artificial origin. And these medicines have increased human quality of life and lifespan by an incredible amount. Rather than focusing on the origin of compounds, why not dissect the in Vivo data and see if they are neutral, of detriment, or even of benefit to humans?
Anyway, I'd still like to get your take on the above three questions, as we are all individuals and I'd like to know why you feel this way
02-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Glutamate is an excitatory neurotransmitter. Mono sodium glutamate (MSG) is dietary glutamate that when CONSUMED IN EXCESS can have negative effects. You should note that anything consumed In excess is toxic, even water.
02-04-2013, 03:18 PM
02-04-2013, 03:36 PM
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
02-04-2013, 03:54 PM
I did get some protiens shakes from my gym one time that were pistacio! I can tell you the flavor was SO awesome... mmm
02-04-2013, 04:31 PM
02-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Something along the lines of Trutein, where you're not getting a protein "blend" that is comprised of 98% whey concentrate with minimal amounts of whatever else is left.
02-04-2013, 04:53 PM
02-04-2013, 04:55 PM
02-04-2013, 05:23 PM
02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
02-04-2013, 05:53 PM
02-04-2013, 06:00 PM
How about a decent meal replacement with unique sources for carbs and fat. For example-chia seeds, almond flour, or even a vegetable content would be seriously unique like powdered kale. Probiotics or a digestive blend is always good too. Just make it different! There are already too many choices it must be tough to have yours stand out. Also don't get on the recent trend of 4.4 lb instead of a real 5. Leave out the dyes too!
02-04-2013, 06:18 PM
02-04-2013, 07:40 PM
02-04-2013, 07:45 PM
02-04-2013, 10:18 PM
02-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Back on topic I think a blend is a good idea, I like what Trutein does in giving you a blend but its no proprietary.
Similar Forum Threads
- By windwords7 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 11Last Post: 04-20-2003, 02:55 PM
- By Rictor33 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-25-2003, 07:22 PM
- By Greatmanomuscle in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 02-07-2003, 02:18 PM
- By pjorstad in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-05-2003, 04:03 PM
- By Blindfaith in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 12-14-2002, 05:07 PM