Best DHEA

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    discussion can be a wonderful thing
    intentions over the internet are hard if not impossible to read at times..
    my apologies as well, for any misunderstanding and curt appearance that was certainly not the case
    bioman - you are a stand-up guy, with a wealth of knowledge
    buffspartan - hopefully the intent (and advice) of my posts is taken by you as was meant - to truly assist you not belittle nor deprive
    i wish you the best
    With most supplements, I wouldn't ask a doctor, but when dealing with hormones at such a young age, I can understand why you were concerned. I already messed around with test boosters last year and had severe, uncontrollable acne for months, plus a bunch of other sh*tty side effects. I also didn't realise 200mg was such a big deal since I know nothing about DHEA.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.


  2. Another good resource that will often be knowledgeable or will do some research for you if you ask is your pharmacist. If your doctor does not know much on a subject speak to your pharmacist then go back and discuss the options given with your physician.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    With most supplements, I wouldn't ask a doctor, but when dealing with hormones at such a young age, I can understand why you were concerned.
    is not only the hormonal issue buff, rather a wide spectrum of issues that encompass not just your course of action here with DHEA consumption specifically, but a pattern of conduct i observe from you..

    to reiterate: DHEA consumption alone is not my point, and i simply feel you would be better off seeking medical guidance for your myriad issues, rather than continue to seek answers from ppl on forums to implement and apply

    i can say nothing else, it is quite simple, my stance
    seek guidance from your doctor

  4. Well put, Snag.

    Yes 200 mg is pretty high and would almost certainly exacerbate your acne, unless your body truly requires that much. DHEA is also a potent neurosteroid which can either alleviate some Pred sides or send you further over the edge with irritability and anger(usually happens to me). It has a strong tendency in men to convert to estrogen, although in some it can go the route of DHT, particularly if applied transdermally. It's an amazing, well studied, but still not clearly understood hormone with implications in inflammation cycles, immune system function, neurotransmitter balance as well as lots of interplay within the steroid hormones.

    To get it to work its best, it should be monitored via bloodwork like any other hormone. Watch estrogen levels closely to avoid all that nastiness. If you can achieve the correct levels, then it should smooth out some of the harsher sides of the Pred as well as make coming off of it a lot easier with fewer flare ups and withdrawal symptoms.

    If you can find a good Endo to guide you through this, it would definitely be worth your while. I know it will not be easy to find a supplement friendly one, but you'd have the added benefit of having your other hormones monitored as well.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Well put, Snag.

    Yes 200 mg is pretty high and would almost certainly exacerbate your acne, unless your body truly requires that much. DHEA is also a potent neurosteroid which can either alleviate some Pred sides or send you further over the edge with irritability and anger(usually happens to me). It has a strong tendency in men to convert to estrogen, although in some it can go the route of DHT, particularly if applied transdermally. It's an amazing, well studied, but still not clearly understood hormone with implications in inflammation cycles, immune system function, neurotransmitter balance as well as lots of interplay within the steroid hormones.

    To get it to work its best, it should be monitored via bloodwork like any other hormone. Watch estrogen levels closely to avoid all that nastiness. If you can achieve the correct levels, then it should smooth out some of the harsher sides of the Pred as well as make coming off of it a lot easier with fewer flare ups and withdrawal symptoms.

    If you can find a good Endo to guide you through this, it would definitely be worth your while. I know it will not be easy to find a supplement friendly one, but you'd have the added benefit of having your other hormones monitored as well.
    So my primary care doc knew nothing about it and said she didn't want to mess with it at all. She mentioned calling my nephrologist and talking to him. Also going to talk to my nutritionist. Mentioned it to a guy at the health food store and he told me to email a naturopathic doctor cuz he didn't want to mess with it either. During the time being I'm using Glutamine, BCAA, Green tea extract, Green coffee bean extract and alphamine to combat the weight gain and muscle wasting from the prednisone. They seem to be doing a decent job so far. Fyi, loving the Yohimbe in the Alphamine!! So much better than DMAA. Much smoother energy. And no stim d*ck!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    So my primary care doc knew nothing about it and said she didn't want to mess with it at all. She mentioned calling my nephrologist and talking to him. Also going to talk to my nutritionist. Mentioned it to a guy at the health food store and he told me to email a naturopathic doctor cuz he didn't want to mess with it either.

    Not surprised. This is still a novel treatment and well outside the standard of care for most doctors in the US. A naturopath may be the route to go if you can't find a cooperative Endo. They can order your bloodwork. There are naturopaths who specialize in hormones so I'd say keep looking in that direction.

    When it comes to hormones, I could go on and on about my disappointment in the healthcare system, how pred should only be administered by an Endo, etc, but that negativity will not serve you. Just keep your chin up and seek out the right help. It's almost like dating...you'll throw a lot of fish back before finding a keeper, lol.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post

    Not surprised. This is still a novel treatment and well outside the standard of care for most doctors in the US. A naturopath may be the route to go if you can't find a cooperative Endo. They can order your bloodwork. There are naturopaths who specialize in hormones so I'd say keep looking in that direction.

    When it comes to hormones, I could go on and on about my disappointment in the healthcare system, how pred should only be administered by an Endo, etc, but that negativity will not serve you. Just keep your chin up and seek out the right help. It's almost like dating...you'll throw a lot of fish back before finding a keeper, lol.
    During my physical today I asked my doc to check my test. Fasting blood test. Well see what happens with that. But yeah, the naturopath I go to is great. Mark Mincolla, he has written book, has a radio show and segments on the news. He knows his sh*t. Also might shoot an email to another naturopath I'm good friends with. My endo is kinda harsh so I don't really wanna ask her.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 04:50 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 11:20 AM
  3. dhea and the best way to use it
    By king1033 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 09:04 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 02:24 AM
  5. Best Form of DHEA
    By MaDmaN in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Log in
Log in