Best DHEA

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    So my primary care doc knew nothing about it and said she didn't want to mess with it at all. She mentioned calling my nephrologist and talking to him. Also going to talk to my nutritionist. Mentioned it to a guy at the health food store and he told me to email a naturopathic doctor cuz he didn't want to mess with it either.

Not surprised. This is still a novel treatment and well outside the standard of care for most doctors in the US. A naturopath may be the route to go if you can't find a cooperative Endo. They can order your bloodwork. There are naturopaths who specialize in hormones so I'd say keep looking in that direction.

When it comes to hormones, I could go on and on about my disappointment in the healthcare system, how pred should only be administered by an Endo, etc, but that negativity will not serve you. Just keep your chin up and seek out the right help. It's almost like dating...you'll throw a lot of fish back before finding a keeper, lol.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post

Not surprised. This is still a novel treatment and well outside the standard of care for most doctors in the US. A naturopath may be the route to go if you can't find a cooperative Endo. They can order your bloodwork. There are naturopaths who specialize in hormones so I'd say keep looking in that direction.

When it comes to hormones, I could go on and on about my disappointment in the healthcare system, how pred should only be administered by an Endo, etc, but that negativity will not serve you. Just keep your chin up and seek out the right help. It's almost like dating...you'll throw a lot of fish back before finding a keeper, lol.
    During my physical today I asked my doc to check my test. Fasting blood test. Well see what happens with that. But yeah, the naturopath I go to is great. Mark Mincolla, he has written book, has a radio show and segments on the news. He knows his sh*t. Also might shoot an email to another naturopath I'm good friends with. My endo is kinda harsh so I don't really wanna ask her.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 04:50 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 11:20 AM
  3. dhea and the best way to use it
    By king1033 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 09:04 PM
  4. Replies: 0