Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heavy squats in general. Runners often think speed is about how fast you can move your legs so tend to lift lights weight for fast and many reps. But unreality running is about generating force off the ground so heavy squats are quite beneficial.

As far as supplements, I second drive as a solid product that may help you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatinol -O-Phosphate might benefit you.

boogerboy

boogerboy

Awards
Creatine
Beta Alanine
Caffeine

Any Others?
you say "day of" but remember that creatine and beta alanine need to reach saturation levels so you should be using those for an extended period of time before your meet too. I second the COP suggestion.

What types of events are you competing in? And how many? these will make a difference too, if you are doing longer distances and several races then some carbs will come into play

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Ex-lax. It'll make you want to get to the end of the race quicker.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Drive is great. Currently running it at 6 caps per day. Wish i could afford it at 10 caps daily.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
you say "day of" but remember that creatine and beta alanine need to reach saturation levels so you should be using those for an extended period of time before your meet too. I second the COP suggestion.

What types of events are you competing in? And how many? these will make a difference too, if you are doing longer distances and several races then some carbs will come into play
Why COP? How doss it differ from Creatine Mono?

boogerboy

boogerboy

Awards
Creatinol O Phosphate is commonly used for:

• Supporting Increases in Strength*
  • Promoting Improved Performance By Acting as an Intracellular Buffer and Increasing Anaerobic Glycolysis*
  • Supporting Improved Recovery*
  • Acting as an Intracellular Buffer to Help

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
600-800 of caffeine!!!?!?! Id rather try 40mg of 1,3 dimethylamine haha

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
COP is NOT creatine. Different products here.
COP is N-methyl-N-(beta-hydroxyethyl) guanidine O-phosphate. COP pre-treatment has been studied on the recovery of contractility of rat isolated heart after hypoxia or ischemia (i.e. lack of oxygen). Thus, it is suggested that Creatinol-O-Phosphate exerts its cardioprotective effect by an action on anaerobic glycolysis. Pharmacokinetic studies have shown that absorption of COP administered intramuscularly! is complete. COP is distributed in all organs, and in particular, in the kidney, liver and myocardium or heart tissue. After being dephosphorylated, this COP is eliminated with urine. Dephosphorylation of COP occurs in the kidney and liver. COP crosses the membrane of the myocardial cell, concentrating in the cytosoluble fraction. The results of the toxicological studies confirm that COP has no side effects, is excellently tolerated and has a favorable therapeutic index.

Other than that...I consider Sprinting more of an anaerobic exercise, thus noticing great benefit from COP (empirically). I would also recommend helping the aerobic threshold with Rhodiola Rosea standardized to 1-3% Rosavins...the Now Foods Rhodiola works well, have 1-2 pre-race along with 2g COP. Personally I would add 200-300mg Caffeine and 25mg Ephedrine, since it is a bronchodilator and will help with peak power output which in reference with Judo Josh's post, is what you want in the end...higher force pushing off the ground.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
COP is N-methyl-N-(beta-hydroxyethyl) guanidine O-phosphate. COP pre-treatment has been studied on the recovery of contractility of rat isolated heart after hypoxia or ischemia (i.e. lack of oxygen). Thus, it is suggested that Creatinol-O-Phosphate exerts its cardioprotective effect by an action on anaerobic glycolysis. Pharmacokinetic studies have shown that absorption of COP administered intramuscularly! is complete. COP is distributed in all organs, and in particular, in the kidney, liver and myocardium or heart tissue. After being dephosphorylated, this COP is eliminated with urine. Dephosphorylation of COP occurs in the kidney and liver. COP crosses the membrane of the myocardial cell, concentrating in the cytosoluble fraction. The results of the toxicological studies confirm that COP has no side effects, is excellently tolerated and has a favorable therapeutic index.

Other than that...I consider Sprinting more of an anaerobic exercise, thus noticing great benefit from COP (empirically). I would also recommend helping the aerobic threshold with Rhodiola Rosea standardized to 1-3% Rosavins...the Now Foods Rhodiola works well, have 1-2 pre-race along with 2g COP. Personally I would add 200-300mg Caffeine and 25mg Ephedrine, since it is a bronchodilator and will help with peak power output which in reference with Judo Josh's post, is what you want in the end...higher force pushing off the ground.
I like these suggestions...

You could add a low dose of creatine (2500mg)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

You need to reference your quotes. :)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
You need to reference your quotes. :)
Was on the phone and it was a quickie answer Carpenter. Maybe you need to learn to infer the reason behind someone's actions before bringing editor notes into the table :).

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was on the phone and it was a quickie answer Carpenter. Maybe you need to learn to infer the reason behind someone's actions before bringing editor notes into the table :).
The reason didn't really matter. I was just pointing out it was good practice to quote any references you have made.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
The reason didn't really matter. I was just pointing out it was good practice to quote any references you have made.
Like I said, when I have time I'll do so Benjamin, when I'm on the phone it gets complicated and I was heading out.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
if you were running in the 400 i would say cordygen5 (cordyceps) could help out a lot.