Fruit Punch flavor..why why why?

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
I think most people will agree that even real fruit punch tastes hideous. So why in the world are most supplements fruit punch flavored? Is it the cheapest way to go? Seriously, there is nothing more nauseating than that flavor and it is rampant in the supplement world.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some people like it but choices are great! For example prodigy has watermelon and blueberry as well....iforce has tangy orange and lemon drop....there is a few that understand not everyone likes fruit punch but I agree bro

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
I have had some bad fruit punch flavored supps, but I've been using fruit punch compete from I force & it's pretty damn good. Almost more berry than anything else. 1 of the few supps I will purchase again.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
^^ Fruit Punch Compete is awesome. I'm not really a fruit punch fan either. Don't hate it though. It's actually my favorite of the 3 flavors and I'm a huge Lemon HemaVol fan.

boogyman

Awards
I like fruit punch.

I am using White Flood fruit punch and its pretty good.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
the flavor of volatile is incredibly delicious, endurance is melon flavored

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think most people will agree that even real fruit punch tastes hideous. So why in the world are most supplements fruit punch flavored? Is it the cheapest way to go? Seriously, there is nothing more nauseating than that flavor and it is rampant in the supplement world.
I think you're in the minority here. Make a list of 5 flavors and ask the average joe if you had to taste a supplement, what flavor would you feel most comfortable trying?

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
I think you're in the minority here. Make a list of 5 flavors and ask the average joe if you had to taste a supplement, what flavor would you feel most comfortable trying?
Personally I'd rather try brussel sprout flavor than fruit punch. To me, most fruit punch flavors are a combination of sicky sweet and chemicals, almost like Hawaiian Punch but with some saccharine thrown in. Or maybe it's just that at 5:00 in the morning I can't handle something that tastes like a melted popsicle.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally I'd rather try brussel sprout flavor than fruit punch. To me, most fruit punch flavors are a combination of sicky sweet and chemicals, almost like Hawaiian Punch but with some saccharine thrown in. Or maybe it's just that at 5:00 in the morning I can't handle something that tastes like a melted popsicle.
Lol. I love lemon lime myself

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think we Have every flavor imaginable for focus xt. At least that's what it feels like: )

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree. I hate Hawaiin Punch and similar fruit punch flavors. Some are pretty damn tasty though. Alphamine comes immediately to mind stuff tastes great

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP must have not tried Alphamine fruit punch yet. Raspberry Lemonade is perfect tasting though.

I do agree though that some fruit punch flavors out there are bad but that can be said for many different flavors from different companies. It is all hit or miss on personal preferences.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some people like it but choices are great! For example prodigy has watermelon and blueberry as well....iforce has tangy orange and lemon drop....there is a few that understand not everyone likes fruit punch but I agree bro
Lol i love i force watetmelon.. lemon.. etc but fruit punch compete.. nothing will beat! Hands down.. favorite flavor! Best fruit punch ive ever had. I wish more companies would make cherry :( ill stick to my cherry jolly ranchers for now i guess.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol i love i force watetmelon.. lemon.. etc but fruit punch compete.. nothing will beat! Hands down.. favorite flavor! Best fruit punch ive ever had. I wish more companies would make cherry :( ill stick to my cherry jolly ranchers for now i guess.
Cherry is too close to cough medicine IMO.

Fruit punch is great! Do you leisurely drink supplements? For the intended purpose drink and go :)

"What are ya having?"

"What do you have in a creatine?"

- Valdez

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cherry is too close to cough medicine IMO.

Fruit punch is great! Do you leisurely drink supplements? For the intended purpose drink and go :)

"What are ya having?"

"What do you have in a creatine?"

- Valdez
Honestly.. i eat fruit punch compete like a pixie stick.. serious. Its got whey protein hydrolysate so a sprinkle now and then cant harm :) some extra carnitines to keep the fat off to!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly.. i eat fruit punch compete like a pixie stick.. serious. Its got whey protein hydrolysate so a sprinkle now and then cant harm :) some extra carnitines to keep the fat off to!
I think I'm going to head to the house of fitness tomo (Dusty's place) and pick up some more Protean and grab some compete while I'm there :D

- Valdez

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate fruit punch flavor also, it's rarely done right. I did find Alphamine's fruit punch to be surprising it was okay. And believe me that's a huge compliment from me. But Enhanced will come in blue razz Yay!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Genomyx Origin tastes great in cherry flavor (IMO) and Protocol should have a new cherry flavor available at most places soon. I feared it would taste like medicine but I actually really like it.

As for OP. I used to say I hated fruit punch flavored supplements (had several that were just BLAH), but Alphamine was really good. Test Powder isn't that bad either. I didn't love it but did enjoy it most of the time and never got sick of it. So maybe I don't really hate it or it just is a matter of which companies flavor it and how. :p

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
Hawaiian punch style fruit punch flavors are terrible, but fruit punch is generally nondescript. It can be almost any type of fruity flavor so there is a lot of potential for supplements labelled fruit punch to be very good.

Alphamine is an good example. It takes nothing like Hawaiian punch, but it is light and delicious. I can't say I've tried other fruit punch flavors because I avoid it like the plague.

Sign me up for raspberry, lemon or watermelon...every time.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Most like the fruit punch but i feel like your serious supplement user has had it soo much they get sick of it.

If you havent yet, sign up for free samples of PowerMax, even those that say they hate fruit punch still like this flavor....just like Kool-Aid!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The thing with flavors are they all depend on how they are done. Chocolate or vanilla is easy to say it makes a good flavor, but haven't we all had disgusting products (especially protein) with these flavors? Haven't we all had delicious ones?

I've had fruit punch products that taste gross, but Alphamine is freaking delicious. Flavors all depend on what companies do with them and let's face it we are all different with the flavors we think sounds good. For instance I'm not a big candy apple or apple type flavor fan, but some people are. I don't like strawberry flavored protein shakes, but some people do.

squadx

squadx

Awards
Anything but fruit punch, I personally think FP flavored products always have a "watery" or water down type feeling to me. Maybe that's me, but if I have a choice, def not buying fruity punches, I'd rather take a real punch.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
compete fruit punch = the tits

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Most like the fruit punch but i feel like your serious supplement user has had it soo much they get sick of it.

If you havent yet, sign up for free samples of PowerMax, even those that say they hate fruit punch still like this flavor....just like Kool-Aid!
had to take advantage of this ^^

and i agree with others. supp companies need to stop with the fruit punch. i never think to myself "i hope they come out with a fruit punch flavor!!!". to me, its the easy way out. lets just throw some fruity flavors in there and call it fruit punch. that way, it doesn't have to specifically taste like anything. :)

on the other hand, it probably is a best seller. just because there is a higher risk of messing up a "specific" flavor. and, the consumer would think its the "safest" option when trying that particular supplement for the first time.

so, supplement companies, i guess it's ok to make FP. Just be sure to include other flavors!!

also compete fruit punch IS "the boobies". i NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER buy fruit punch flavored anything. however, for some reason, i gave compete a try. probably because i had the tangerine first and figured the FP would be good.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd love a sample to try, Vaughn. You know I still rock my iForce t-shirt, right?

there should be a way to get an entire tub for free pretty soon ;)