Creatine + Beta Alanine

g0dm0d

Awards
So I am starting a cycle of some Beta Alanine and Creatine but I had some simple questions first.

Is it okay for me to dose them at the same time, in a drink or whatever? I was thinking I would have one dose of them with my lunch and the another later in the day pre or post workout, does it matter which one?

I just don't want to lose effectiveness by drinking them down at the same time and tried to find this answer in the forums but couldn't.

I am a noob but I want to get my staples done correctly. Thanks!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
same time is fine. you can take creatine all at once, i used to space beta alanine but never noticed a difference when i stopped

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd break up your doses of BA into 2 doses of 1.6-2g each to reduce the paresthesia, but you can take both at the same time. Dose creatine at 5g daily with no loading and no cycling of the product. There really is no point in doing a "cycle" of the two. You can take both continuously for best results.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can take at the same time and you won't lose effectiveness of either. No need to take either pre or post workout but I do take my creatine 2.5 grams and Beta Alanine 1.6 grams pre and post just for my own convenience.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I am starting a cycle of some Beta Alanine and Creatine but I had some simple questions first.

Is it okay for me to dose them at the same time, in a drink or whatever? I was thinking I would have one dose of them with my lunch and the another later in the day pre or post workout, does it matter which one?

I just don't want to lose effectiveness by drinking them down at the same time and tried to find this answer in the forums but couldn't.

I am a noob but I want to get my staples done correctly. Thanks!
i take my creatine, beta alanine and pre workout all at once.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've heard that you should cycle beta alanine, 3 months ON/1 month OFF

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
you are fine taking them together,as most pre workouts include these 2 ingredients as is!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
i have not read any studies as to why one should personally,although i tend to try to cycle off of all supplements,including fish oils and multivitamins.not at the same time of course,but i do take breaks from all things i use.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have not read any studies as to why one should personally,although i tend to try to cycle off of all supplements,including fish oils and multivitamins.not at the same time of course,but i do take breaks from all things i use.
i hope he was joking

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Not sure if this really matters or not. Fish oils, resveratrol, BA and some would even way creatine may be ok to take year round. It depends on the individual

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd break up your doses of BA into 2 doses of 1.6-2g each to reduce the paresthesia, but you can take both at the same time. Dose creatine at 5g daily with no loading and no cycling of the product. There really is no point in doing a "cycle" of the two. You can take both continuously for best results.
I usually split my doses up as well

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think that anyone will be able to track down a study on the length of time that beta alanine should be cycled but it most certainly should be cycled. 3/1 sounds sounds reasonable to me man.

How you been brother?

Not sure if this really matters or not. Fish oils, resveratrol, BA and some would even way creatine may be ok to take year round. It depends on the individual
Everything should realistically be cycled.

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why does no one like the parasthesia??? I literally take the full dose, on an empty stomach and on my days off just to get the parasthesia lmao!!!!

Creatine "should" be cycled

- Valdez

domore

Awards
Why does no one like the parasthesia??? I literally take the full dose, on an empty stomach and on my days off just to get the parasthesia lmao!!!!

Creatine "should" be cycled

- Valdez
I never once felt parathesia. :(

g0dm0d

Awards
I had to make up for a missed dose yesterday and took 4g at once. The tingling was pretty intense for about an hour but it didn't bother me really.
I have heard to for sure cycle the creatine, not sure why, but wasn't sure about beta-alanine.
Thanks for all the good information guys. This website has been a great help. Now I just need to keep going and get results. I'm a pretty small guy and the hardest part is getting a new diet down. I feel like I just can't eat enough to get the calories for weight gain. Still 185 at 6'1''.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had to make up for a missed dose yesterday and took 4g at once. The tingling was pretty intense for about an hour but it didn't bother me really.
I have heard to for sure cycle the creatine, not sure why, but wasn't sure about beta-alanine.
Thanks for all the good information guys. This website has been a great help. Now I just need to keep going and get results. I'm a pretty small guy and the hardest part is getting a new diet down. I feel like I just can't eat enough to get the calories for weight gain. Still 185 at 6'1''.
i choose to take creatine only on training days (4x/week). some choose to take it every day, others choose to cycle it.

g0dm0d

Awards
I have just been doing 5g daily of creatine every day of the week. No loading phase. Usually split into 2 doses. And I do my BA at the same time.
Multivitamins at lunch and lots of healthy snacks and protein shakes.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have just been doing 5g daily of creatine every day of the week. No loading phase. Usually split into 2 doses. And I do my BA at the same time.
Multivitamins at lunch and lots of healthy snacks and protein shakes.

no need to split into 2 doses, although you can. no advantage/disadvantage to either

take BA pre workout.

g0dm0d

Awards
Is there a trick to mixing or whatever? I always have the muck stuck at the bottom and I feel like im missing out. Thought about spooning it straight into the mouth and then downing with water lol.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there a trick to mixing or whatever? I always have the muck stuck at the bottom and I feel like im missing out. Thought about spooning it straight into the mouth and then downing with water lol.
creatine usually doesnt mix well and tends to sit at the bottom. is yours a specific flavor? i use creapure which is flavorless so i just mix 3oz of water and chug it along with the beta alanine since it is tasteless as well.

g0dm0d

Awards
Yeah mine is creapure bulk as well. Pretty much what I do but I drink it with juice instead of water.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah mine is creapure bulk as well. Pretty much what I do but I drink it with juice instead of water.
No benefit from drinking with juice just so you know.

g0dm0d

Awards
No benefit as in extra benefit? I thought creatine would be absorbed easily with glucose increase or w/e. And for convenience I just put the BA in as well.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards

I have always felt a good rule of thumb is to cycle pretty much everything, including creatine. Protein is the only main thing that I never cycle off, that and my daily vitamins (C, D3, etc.)

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
Does anyone take creatine only on lift days (4 days a week) and not cycle?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No benefit as in extra benefit? I thought creatine would be absorbed easily with glucose increase or w/e. And for convenience I just put the BA in as well.
No it's not going to benefit you anymore then taking with water or anything else. And taking BA with creatine is perfectly fine.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just mix the creatine and BA in a few oz of water and chug it. easy way. its tasteless anyway

boogyman

Awards
I take my creatine on workout days only. I throw it in my post workout shake. Once it builds up in you, your just replacing what you used, so i dont see the need to take it on non workout days. Plus my tub of creapure lasts over a year this way lol.

Beta alanine i use caps and take three upon waking and three after dinner. I also like the tingles, I take my pre workout with the first dose, and the tingles are my signal to get in my car and go to the gym lol.

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
i choose to take creatine only on training days (4x/week). some choose to take it every day, others choose to cycle it.
Wanted to see if you should still cycle with that dosing schedule. I never have.

I didn't see your post balla, guess I should read the thread next time! Please accept my sincere apology!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wanted to see if you should still cycle with that dosing schedule. I never have.

I didn't see your post balla, guess I should read the thread next time! Please accept my sincere apology!
think about it. if you workout 4x a week and OFF on 3 days of the week, you take creatine a little over 1/2 of the year so there is your break from creatine use.

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
That was my thought and why I haven't taken a long period of time off of creatine. With that being said, some times my thoughts only make sense to me and aren't necessarily correct.

Wasn't sure if your body "needed" that solid 1mo of continued non-use of the stuff. I'm happy to not cycle off of it for a month. I love my mono!!

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
That was my thought and why I haven't taken a long period of time off of creatine. With that being said, some times my thoughts only make sense to me and aren't necessarily correct.

Wasn't sure if your body "needed" that solid 1mo of continued non-use of the stuff. I'm happy to not cycle off of it for a month. I love my mono!!
I also personally use creatine based on my goals for a specific time!