3,3' -diiodo-l-thyronine / Alpha-T2

DatRep

Awards
I can't find any info about 3,3' -diiodo-l-thyronine.

I know it is a thyroid hormone or it is similar to one.

Is the way PES spells the compound correct? Does this product need to be cycled? When you stop taking it will your metabolism significantly drop?

Any input on this product would be cool. I can't find much info on it.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We recommend anything ergogenic or weight loss oriented should be cycled

The ingredient is spelled correct...its more commonly referred to as 3,3-T2

Alpha-T2 has been on the market for 3 years, with a huge following and repeat users. No reports of any type of metabolism rebound

DatRep

Awards
Any studies behind this product?

It was supposed to help with Brown Adipose Tissue which humans don't have much of :X

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
You'll find a ton of studies not on products themselves, but if you search each ingredient you will see numerous studies showing their effectiveness in fat burning.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll find a ton of studies not on products themselves, but if you search each ingredient you will see numerous studies showing their effectiveness in fat burning.
Agreed. It's a very effective and stackable product with the right diet and training regimin

DatRep

Awards
Could you link me to a human study about 3,3' -diiodo-l-thyronine serving as a supplement? I've checked pubmed / google.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Could you link me to a human study about 3,3' -diiodo-l-thyronine serving as a supplement? I've checked pubmed / google.
There are no human studies.

In rats, 3,3'-T2 (3,3'-Diiodo-L-thyronine) and other analogues (including 3,5-T2) were tested for calorigenic activity (measured through oxygen consumption) and compared against L-thyroxine.

3,3'-T2 demonstrated <3% of the calorigenic capacity of L-thyroxine, which was also beyond the detection limit.

Stassili, Kroc and Metlzer, Antigoitrogenic and calorigenic activities of thyroxine analogs in rats, Endocrinology 64, 62-82 (1959).

In 1960, 3,3'-T2 was once again tested on rats with other thyroxine analogues for calorigenic activity by several different assays and utilizing a lower detection limit.

3,3'-T2 was found to have no calorigenic activity.

Tomich, Wollett and Pratt, J. Endocrinol. 20, 65-8 (1960)

In 1955 & 1956, 3,3'-T2 was tested for calorigenic activity in the model of hypothyroidism (via thyroidectomized rats) and was found to be completely inactive. It did show weak goitrogenic activity.

Gemmill, Anderson and Burger (1955). Also Gemmill, Am. J. Physiol. 186, 1-5 (1956)

In 1962, various analogues of thyroxine were tested against overall Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) and tissue probed oxygen consumption.

3,3'-T2 had no activity.

Pittman and Barker, J.Clin. Invest., 41, 695-701 (1962).

In 1959, various T4 analogues including 3,3'-T2 were tested for their ability to directly suppress the thyroid gland.

3,3'-T2 demonstrated 50% inhibition.

The authors concluded:
As an interesting side observation, when about 50% of the thyroxine activity was suppressed, rats began to show other signs of hypothyroidism, such as sluggishness in response, weight gain, coarsening of hair and accumulation of epicantal exudate.
Constance S. Pittman and S. B. Barker Am J Physiol December 1, 1959 197:1271-1274