Protein Shake vs FOOD Source - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

Protein Shake vs FOOD Source

Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Clearly the past few pages suggest otherwise! Lol, what do you think you have been discussing with others man I merely meant it is one of the "age old" internet forum discussions like the other things I mentioned. If you search around bb forums you will see milk debated ad nauseam and we have done it on here of course.
    fair enuff

thank you for questioning me
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by aaronagis View Post

Its not worth it to argue over the internet, especially on forums, because even if you win, your still retarded.
    Grammar check.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    What did I miss? It says 12 pages on my phone, I'm not reading all that.

I drink a shake twice per day. Well, three if you get technical.

Bfast, post workout, always.
    And the third, somedays I sip on a shake throughout the day to keep aminos pumping in steadily, when I know I won't be eating for a while.

Nutrient timing is a science. Your stupid if you think otherwise.
    No no no, no no no no no. More than two shakes a day is overdoing it. That third shake is really bad for your kidneys. Some guy said so.
    •   

4. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Re: Protein Shake vs FOOD Source

Oh my... I started multi quoting and typing... but there is just to much.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

if i consume 2.25 shakes does that mean my urine is anabolic?
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

No it means your kidneys are failing.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    No it means your kidneys are failing.
    well crap!
    www.lgsciences.com
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

You guys all I was saying is what my doc told me and I guess I assumed he knew what he was talking about because he is a doc. This is my fault and I'm sorry I won't make the mistake again. Stop talking so much s**t about my posts. Im young and trying to learn. And again I'm sorry.
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by liftandeat View Post
    You guys all I was saying is what my doc told me and I guess I assumed he knew what he was talking about because he is a doc. This is my fault and I'm sorry I won't make the mistake again. Stop talking so much s**t about my posts. Im young and trying to learn. And again I'm sorry.

Name:  dont-like-me-pointing-out-your-mistakes-welcome-to-the-internet-you-must-be-new-here.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  48.7 KB

Name:  overreaction1.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  62.9 KB
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

welcome to the forums! i was told by a dietary major that if you eat more than 1 ostrich egg you will contract white blood cell poisoning, riddle yourself that.
    www.lgsciences.com
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Pointing out my mistakes is one thing. Making fun of me is another. I accept I was wrong I won't ever listen to my doc again on these sort of problems. Move on with the thread.
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Pointing out my mistakes is one thing. Making fun of me is another. I accept I was wrong I won't ever listen to my doc again on these sort of problems. Move on with the thread.
    Did you even look at the pictures?

You need to calm down.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

all in good fun.....

www.lgsciences.com
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post

welcome to the forums! i was told by a dietary major that if you eat more than 1 ostrich egg you will contract white blood cell poisoning, riddle yourself that.
    where the **** do you even get an ostrich egg. who owns ostriches
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

www.lgsciences.com
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech

I actually breed ostriches soooo this is awkward...
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  164 lbs.

i think protein is just food in powdered form.
    i love protein shakes, i take it to work and school.

the only downside is that if im hungry, a protein shake wont do me justice no matter if i blend it with fruit or nut butters. when im hungry i need to chew and taste all the different flavors in my mouth before i wash it down with some pepsi.

while were on the subject. mix protein powder, cacao powder, honey and some raw almond butter then coat it with shredded coconut. sprinkle some cinnamon in there too. you will love this when you have the munchies.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I assumed
    ass u me
    i hate that word, assume..we are all guilty of it, one time or another, on teh interwebz, irl..wherever

somehow this thread has turned left, and i have been guilty of helping that veering as well

there are some bright minds on this forum, both reps, and forum members..
    there also some that are not as learned and educated, as others
    i understand as much as the next guy, the frustration that can sometimes come from hearing repeatedly from someone who thinks they know what they are talking about, but quite simply does not..

but - we are all here for a purpose, the general purpose of learning
    and sometimes the more knowledgeable folk can forget that, at one time, they too weren't all that knowledgeable

we can all learn, from everyone else

heck, i learned from Geoforce today, and i am truly glad he said something to me
    (following, i have deleted some of my posts, that i now see to be rather pointless)

c'mon guys, let's remember what the spirit of this forum is all about, and get along eh?

19. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ass u me
    i hate that word, assume..we are all guilty of it, one time or another, on teh interwebz, irl..wherever

somehow this thread has turned left, and i have been guilty of helping that veering as well

there are some bright minds on this forum, both reps, and forum members..
    there also some that are not as learned and educated, as others
    i understand as much as the next guy, the frustration that can sometimes come from hearing repeatedly from someone who thinks they know what they are talking about, but quite simply does not..

but - we are all here for a purpose, the general purpose of learning
    and sometimes the more knowledgeable folk can forget that, at one time, they too weren't all that knowledgeable

we can all learn, from everyone else

heck, i learned from Geoforce today, and i am truly glad he said something to me
    (following, i have deleted some of my posts, that i now see to be rather pointless)

c'mon guys, let's remember what the spirit of this forum is all about, and get along eh?

I think he just said I'm uneducated....

itchfork:
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I think he just said I'm uneducated....

itchfork:
    but teh pictures bro..teh pictures!

nah man..
    was just my way, of apologizing to anyone i may have slighted, or who felt they were talked down to..
    or intervened in a post that was not my business to intervene in
    i am embarrassed actually by some of my own behavior, and assert resolutely that i will do better going forward

nuff said
  21. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130122_212039.png
Views: 92
Size:  451.0 KB
  22. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would never advocate that you ignore your doctors advice or write him off as wrong from now on due to one incident. What I would suggest is you do your part and put the time in to research the claims made by him or anyone else for that matter. The "appeal to authority" fallacy plagues just about everyone. Dont beat yourself up too much over it.

Think of this. You are able to admit publicly you were wrong.. this alone puts you way ahead of most. Its a learning process bud. You just have to remember to never assume what you hear is right. Learn to be skeptical and question everything. You will do just fine.

Take care
  23. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Oh my... I started multi quoting and typing... but there is just to much.

aw, dont be like that big guy, lets have at it!
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Am I too late for the group hug?
    Independent Review
  25. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Why is it not healthy if you don't have an adverse reaction to it?

I think its pretty clear he was calling you dumb. "It takes one to know one"

- Valdez
    if you have even a slight food allergy, you may not have any outward symptoms, but it could cause stress and inflamation inside the body, leading to a host of other side effect you wont be able to see unless you get blood work done pretty regularly.
  26. Diamond Member

horrible, horrible example tyga, but i appreciate you trying

fruit sugar (fructose and the like) is comprised quite differently, and acts differently in the body as well
    hey, if you're saying what I think you're saying about sugar, specifically fructose, you're*** smarter than I thunk!
  27. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What's wrong with the fat content of whole milk? I see you issue regarding galactose and digestion, but not a single problem with the fats.
    give me the fat!!!!!!!!!
  28. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Please don't tell me you subscribe to the fat phobia prevalent within the RD field.
    those dirty vegitarians and their lipid hypothesis's!
  29. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Chill brotha! Everything is all good my man. I was joking with you nothing more. You have recently become very serious. Relax bro

- Valdez
    maybe he's talking about me while thinking he's on another forum (cough bb cough .com cough cough) though, if he posted here long enough, he might be used to it, or adjusted to it. thats just how i roll.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

i dint get my workout in today

bygones
  31. Diamond Member

oh no worries, i dont hold it personally, i'll be the first one to tell you, im not a very friendly hug it out, no name calling kind of guy.
  32. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

oh no worries, i dont hold it personally, i'll be the first one to tell you, im not a very friendly hug it out, no name calling kind of guy.
    Don't worry I don't think anyone ever mistakes you for that kind of guy

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Protein shakes for the win!!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  34. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Protein shakes for the win!!
    After reading this thread I think it's safe to conclude that we shouldn't get protein from shakes OR food sources since we can't come to a consensus.

I'm starting my no protein diet today. I'll keep you guys updated, but I should be ripped in no time.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    I'm starting my no protein diet today. I should be ripped in no time.
    uh

can i question that?

36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce

After reading this thread I think it's safe to conclude that we shouldn't get protein from shakes OR food sources since we can't come to a consensus.

I'm starting my no protein diet today. I'll keep you guys updated, but I should be ripped in no time.
    Protein is whack, biceps aren't important, breakfast doesn't matter and you shouldn't cycle unless you get to 200lbs natural. Interesting week around here!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

uh

can i question that?

no you may not
    www.lgsciences.com
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    no you may not
    LOL k..jus checkin

I would never advocate that you ignore your doctors advice or write him off as wrong from now on due to one incident. What I would suggest is you do your part and put the time in to research the claims made by him or anyone else for that matter. The "appeal to authority" fallacy plagues just about everyone. Dont beat yourself up too much over it.

Think of this. You are able to admit publicly you were wrong.. this alone puts you way ahead of most. Its a learning process bud. You just have to remember to never assume what you hear is right. Learn to be skeptical and question everything. You will do just fine.

Take care
    very nice

if you have even a slight food allergy, you may not have any outward symptoms, but it could cause stress and inflamation inside the body, leading to a host of other side effect you wont be able to see unless you get blood work done pretty regularly.
    exactly

on a srs tip - this lends to some srs direction and discussion
    it can be argued (no theorized, let's not argue) that, in the larger scope of context, inflammation is the leading and ultimate cause of death
    (essence = repeated/excessive inflammation leads to cellular mutation/dysfunction leads to death etc)

we as bb'ers and health enthusiasts, do quite a few things that lead to and result in (ongoing) inflammation in the body
    (including our dietary discretion)
    ultimately leading to potential shortening of our lifespan
    (*but - we'll look good when we die eh?)

i'm tying this in with milk here..inflammatory response etc
    hence, my stance from earlier

just thought i'd throw out there, see if anyone has interest in pursuing such discussion

(not tryin to derail all the fun)

39. Pro Virili Parte

LOL k..jus checkin

very nice

exactly

on a srs tip - this lends to some srs direction and discussion
    it can be argued (no theorized, let's not argue) that, in the larger scope of context, inflammation is the leading and ultimate cause of death
    (essence = repeated/excessive inflammation leads to cellular mutation/dysfunction leads to death etc)

we as bb'ers and health enthusiasts, do quite a few things that lead to and result in (ongoing) inflammation in the body
    (including our dietary discretion)
    ultimately leading to potential shortening of our lifespan
    (*but - we'll look good when we die eh?)
    Its important we differentiate between acute inflammation and systemic inflammation

i'm tying this in with milk here..inflammatory response etc
    hence, my stance from earlier

just thought i'd throw out there, see if anyone has interest in pursuing such discussion

(not tryin to derail all the fun)

Dairy products consumption is associated with decreased levels of inflammatory markers related to cardiovascular disease in apparently healthy adults: the ATTICA study.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

The aim of this work was to investigate the association between consumption of dairy products and levels of various inflammatory markers among adults with no evidence of cardiovascular or other chronic disease.

METHODS:

The ATTICA study is a cross-sectional survey that enrolled 1514 men (18-87 years old) and 1528 women (18-89 years old) from the Attica region in Greece. Fasting blood samples were collected and dietary habits (including consumption of dairy products [i.e., milk, cheese, and yogurt]) were evaluated using a validated food frequency questionnaire.
    RESULTS:

We observed that C-reactive protein (CRP), interleukin-6 (IL-6), and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) levels of individuals consuming between 11 and 14 servings of dairy products per week were almost 16%, 5%, and 12% lower, respectively, than in those consuming fewer than 8 servings (p < 0.05), while those consuming more than 14 servings per week had 29%, 9%, and 20% lower levels of CRP, IL-6, and TNF-α, respectively (p < 0.01), even after adjustments were made for age, gender, smoking, physical activity, body mass, dietary habits, and other potential confounders.

CONCLUSION:

We identified an inverse association between dairy products consumption and levels of various inflammatory markers among healthy adults. Additional clinical trials are needed to refute or confirm our findings.

PMID: 21041810

http://www.jacn.org/content/29/4/357.long

40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Its important we differentiate between acute inflammation and systemic inflammation
    true

Dairy products consumption is associated with decreased levels of inflammatory markers related to cardiovascular disease in apparently healthy adults: the ATTICA study.
    okay, what about bronchial response to allergens in general?
    also ---> and then that leads me to..
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18219765
    questioning validity of markers used

am i wrong in my understanding CRP may be faulty method in your study?

studies..not the end-all/be-all for me
    certainly interesting, and a basis to form discussion

Similar Forum Threads

1. When is the best time or times to take drink a protein shake vs. food?
    By ScottyDoc in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 08:40 AM
  2. whole food vs. protein shakes
    By mooch2321 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 11:28 PM
  3. Protein Bars vs. Shakes
    By IvyLeaguePump in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 12:34 PM
  4. Replies: 0