Protein Shake vs FOOD Source

Page 4 of 12 First ... 23456 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I am well aware of how duodenal digestion is mediated (my post was about salivary amylase), and release can occur at numerous stages (smelling food, tasting food [<- note that chewing is not required!], and pepsin release).

    I find it hard to believe that one would deplete digestive enzymes via gum-chewing, but if you have a source for that claim, I'd be happy to read it.
    i find it hard to believe that anyone would partake in an intellectual battle with mr cooper


  2. Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post

    i find it hard to believe that anyone would partake in an intellectual battle with mr cooper
    He's new here.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    He's new here.
    or trollin

  4. Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    i find it hard to believe that anyone would partake in an intellectual battle with mr cooper
    while i respect the compliment paid to cy, this is double-edges sword my friend
    great source of info is he..
    always remember however, it is never a good practice, to never question a source of information
    no disrespect meant whatsoever (to either him or you), but what you infer here is actually quite a scary proposition

    if you never question what you are told, you will never have true growth
    in fact, may be quite misinformed on some things, at the end of the day

    always question your sources
    always

  5. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    while i respect the compliment paid to cy, this is double-edges sword my friend
    great source of info is he..
    always remember however, it is never a good practice, to never question a source of information
    no disrespect meant whatsoever (to either him or you), but what you infer here is actually quite a scary proposition

    if you never question what you are told, you will never have true growth
    in fact, may be quite misinformed on some things, at the end of the day

    always question your sources
    always
    i did not mean to be so definitive
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    i did not mean to be so definitive
    i know this
    however, i am being very definitive
    nobody knows everything my friend

  7. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    i know this
    however, i am being very definitive
    nobody knows everything my friend
    I know everything.



    Name:  here-to-troll-yoda-is.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  24.8 KB

  8. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    i know this
    however, i am being very definitive
    nobody knows everything my friend
    i know this!

    so does jim (yoda)

  9. jim does post nice pictures..

  10. Guys, I never said that chewing gum would deplete your digestive enzymes, you came up with that. What I said was that it can lead to a decline in enzymes. Now, the only reason for that is the topic of the thread and someone's comment suggesting to chew gum and live off of shakes... One study shows a %5 decline in enzymes after only 1 day of gum chewing. That's just one day, not living of shakes for months and chewing gum to aid digestion. That's all.

    stewartk.wetpaint.com /page/Research+Paper

  11. Quote Originally Posted by aaronagis View Post

    The digestive enzymes produced by the pancreas are critical to proper digestion, especially for foods that contain protein. Through the stimulation of the vagus nerve, chewing can provoke the pancreas to release itís digestive enzymes. As such, thorough chewing will likely lead to an increase in digestive enzyme production and result in more complete digestion.

    Unfortunately, chewing on gum can also stimulate the pancreas, but because thereís no food to digest, this results in a release of digestive enzymes that arenít needed. If this happens on a regular basis, it could wear down the pancreas, result in a decline of digestive enzymes, and lead to chronically compromised digestion and health.
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronagis View Post
    Guys, I never said that chewing gum would deplete your digestive enzymes, you came up with that.
    See bold.
  12. Re: Protein Shake vs FOOD Source


    Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    i find it hard to believe that anyone would partake in an intellectual battle with mr cooper
    I disagree and question coop just for fun sometimes.

    Watch this.. arginine is an awesome ergogenic!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II&#160;using Tapatalk 2
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  13. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I disagree and question coop just for fun sometimes.

    Watch this.. arginine is an awesome ergogenic!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SôII*using Tapatalk 2
    *Breaks laptop*
  14. Re: Protein Shake vs FOOD Source


    See its fun!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  15. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

    I disagree and question coop just for fun sometimes.

    Watch this.. arginine is an awesome ergogenic!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II*using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    *Breaks laptop*
    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    See its fun!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
    This made me lol.

    My wife is laying in bed looking at me funny right now.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    This made me lol.

    My wife is laying in bed looking at me funny right now.
    you spelled kitchen wrong

  17. Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post

    you spelled kitchen wrong
    Wow. Lol
    Independent Review

  18. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I disagree and question coop just for fun sometimes.

    Watch this.. arginine is an awesome ergogenic!
    i question the veracity of your questioning



    Quote Originally Posted by aaronagis View Post
    Guys, I never said that chewing gum would deplete your digestive enzymes, you came up with that.
    i question your memory


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    *Breaks laptop*
    i question..err n/m

  19. Foods fill you up more, have higher nutrition level, cost less, and are more complete.

    I personally can feel the difference between food and shake...I can even tell the difference between a low quality protein powder (like concentrate and isolate mix) vs hydrolized or isolate.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Colbert View Post
    I personally can feel the difference between food and shake...
    i don't question this, but..

    I can even tell the difference between a low quality protein powder (like concentrate and isolate mix) vs hydrolized or isolate.
    i question this

    if you tell me you can tell the diff between identically constructed powders (cals/p/c/f) but can distinguish satiation levels simply based on processing methods..
    yup, i'll question that all day long
  21. Re: Protein Shake vs FOOD Source


    Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    you spelled kitchen wrong
    I lol'd at this for a while, still lol'ing currently in fact bahahahaha!!!!!!

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

    I lol'd at this for a while, still lol'ing currently in fact bahahahaha!!!!!!

    - Valdez
    That shyt was clever as fuk
    Independent Review

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Colbert View Post
    Foods fill you up more, have higher nutrition level, cost less, and are more complete.

    I personally can feel the difference between food and shake...I can even tell the difference between a low quality protein powder (like concentrate and isolate mix) vs hydrolized or isolate.
    You said isolate twice. I too can tell the difference between isolate and isolate
  24. Re: Protein Shake vs FOOD Source


    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    You said isolate twice. I too can tell the difference between isolate and isolate
    I can't

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  25. So I made a shake today and blended in some oats (was out of Glycomyx ) and left em kinda chunky so I could chew! Gotta get the enzymes flowing.

    Notsrs...actually kinda srs.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. whole food vs. protein shakes
    By mooch2321 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 12:28 AM
  2. Protein Bars vs. Shakes
    By IvyLeaguePump in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 01:34 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 03:03 AM
Log in
Log in