Can you educate me on E-C-A please?

d2thez

Awards
Back in highschool I successfully used an ECA-based fat burner and it worked amazing for me. Except then I failed my physical for football because I had a heart murmur that was brought out by the Ephedra, or so my doctor said. I stopped taking them and then I passed my physical Shortly after Ephedra was banned anyways.

Fast-forward to today. I am curious about trying Ephedra again to shed a few pounds via Bronkaid. What is the recommended dosage to use? But more importantly, I would like to know how Ephedra works, why it has been banned, and if there really is a danger to me taking it if it did indeed induce a heart murmur for me.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1 tab bronkaid, 200-250 mg caffeine, 81 mg aspirin. Take your fish oil daily (2-3 g EPA+DHA). I probably wouldn't advise you to take ephedrine with a known heart condition, but I feel someone else would be better suited to answer that part of your question.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
ephedrine got banned cuz some dip**** in the olympics overdosed and blew up their heart. korey stringer and dave bechler also died from sudden cardiac death due to ephedra. they was athletes in case you dont know the names

edit : lol youre right fixed

TaNkD Up

Awards
Big difference between Ephedra and Ephedrine.
^This is true. The hotnfit link has everything you need to know. In my opinion I would just run EC no true evidence that I have seen shows that aspirin helps to a noticeable level.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
^This is true. The hotnfit link has everything you need to know. In my opinion I would just run EC no true evidence that I have seen shows that aspirin helps to a noticeable level.
There is actually a TON of evidence showing aspirin potentiates EC

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
U shouldn't take ephedrine/ephedra with a heart problem. Look into alphamine. More expensive but much safer.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
U shouldn't take ephedrine/ephedra with a heart problem. Look into alphamine. More expensive but much safer.
If the yohimbine alkaloids in alphamine are physiologically active, then a2-receptor antagonism will increase free catecholamines and create similar cardiac effects to ephedrine.

desolateline

desolateline

Awards
oldest fatloss stack in the books. buuuuut it works

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
The ECA stack is old school for fat loss and def works but I don’t know if id risk exacerbating my heart condition… In your case I’d recommend upping the cardio and keeping the diet clean.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why risk it with a heart condition?

- Valdez

d2thez

Awards
I dont actually want to risk it, but was looking for opinions. I think I will stay away and just work on cardio and diet.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont actually want to risk it, but was looking for opinions. I think I will stay away and just work on cardio and diet.
Good thinking

- Valdez

Daxter

Daxter

Awards
IF the yohimbe is the only heart affecting ingredient in alphamine, there is always the international version which is yohimbe free

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Back in highschool I successfully used an ECA-based fat burner and it worked amazing for me. Except then I failed my physical for football because I had a heart murmur that was brought out by the Ephedra, or so my doctor said. I stopped taking them and then I passed my physical Shortly after Ephedra was banned anyways.

Fast-forward to today. I am curious about trying Ephedra again to shed a few pounds via Bronkaid. What is the recommended dosage to use? But more importantly, I would like to know how Ephedra works, why it has been banned, and if there really is a danger to me taking it if it did indeed induce a heart murmur for me.
I think it's highly unlikely that use of ephedrine CAUSED your heart murmur (maybe Coop has some knowledge on this), but before using it again you should at least get a medical work-up and try to find out if you do have some kind of congenital abnormality. Safest thing would be to avoid it altogether. There are plenty of effective, non-stimulant fat loss supplements out there that can help with your goals without posing a danger to your health.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
ephedrine got banned cuz some dip**** in the olympics overdosed and blew up their heart. korey stringer and dave bechler also died from sudden cardiac death due to ephedra. they was athletes in case you dont know the names

edit : lol youre right fixed
This is extremely false. The reasons for the ephedrine ban were many and varied, not the least of which was pressure from the pharmaceutical industry to remove the most effective ingredient in a product category that they wanted to get into. Incidents such as the deaths of Korey Stringer and Dave Belcher fed the public furor over ephedrine that was driven by misinformation and sensationalism, but neither died as a result of "sudden cardiac death due to ephedra". They both reported to their respective camps horribly out of shape and were immediately subjected to intense physical activity in environments of extreme heat and humidity, and both succumbed to heat stroke as a result. Heat stroke, however, is not as sexy as ephedrine, so the news media and politicians seeking to champion something chose ephedrine as the villain.

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
I know this thread is a few months old but anyone have anymore info on eca vs just ec, specifically whether aspirin is worth adding in or not. That link shows an article that takes a pretty solid stance in favor of adding aspirin but it's also 20 years old(1993) and my more recent research led me in the direction of leaving the aspirin out. Any info would be greatly appreciated, till then I'm sticking with just ec.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know this thread is a few months old but anyone have anymore info on eca vs just ec, specifically whether aspirin is worth adding in or not. That link shows an article that takes a pretty solid stance in favor of adding aspirin but it's also 20 years old(1993) and my more recent research led me in the direction of leaving the aspirin out. Any info would be greatly appreciated, till then I'm sticking with just ec.
If you have prolonged elevation of BP, then add in baby aspiring. If not, then leave it out.

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
Prolonged elevation of BP as in enduring, long, intense cardio sessions? And if you do just weights and low intensity cardio leave it out? Also the main reason I read not to take the aspirin is its bad to be an aspirin regimen the just stop, the stopping is supposedly where problems may occur.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prolonged elevation of BP as in enduring, long, intense cardio sessions? And if you do just weights and low intensity cardio leave it out? Also the main reason I read not to take the aspirin is its bad to be an aspirin regimen the just stop, the stopping is supposedly where problems may occur.
I meant elevated as in while you're not training.

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
Okay well my BP is what the doctors call perfect lol so I guess I'm good. Did you read that article? It alleged a synergistic effect when taking aspirin...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay well my BP is what the doctors call perfect lol so I guess I'm good. Did you read that article? It alleged a synergistic effect when taking aspirin...
Personally, I never noticed any difference from using aspirin and my stomach is also not the biggest fan of aspirin, which is why I avoid it.

R_Alan1

R_Alan1

Awards
  • Established
I've only taken it without so I have nothing to compare to, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out lol. Thanks for your input buddy.