Erase pro interfering with surgery?

CaptainSlentz

CaptainSlentz

Awards
Wondering if any PES reps can help me out. I ruptured my patellar tendon friday, and had been on erase pro for about a week up to that point. I have since stopped taking it, and am supposed to have surgery on wednesday. I noticed on the bottle it says do not have surgery within 2 weeks of use..will the weeks use of erase interfere with the surgery?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No, 2 weeks is a general guideline for all supplements. However, make sure that you are off ALL supplements if the surgery is invasive (e.g. fish oil).

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Be up front and honest with your surgeon or anesthesia in regards to what you are taking. It will be their decision on when to move forward with it. Any damage and complications you incur from withholding information is strictly your fault.

Mike

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EP won't interfere or lessen the effectiveness of the surgery.

Good luck on the rehab.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who cares what the surgeon says.

Make sure you tell the anesthesiologist, he's the one dosing you up. Patella tendon repair should also be scoped right? Non- invasive

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I would avoid supplements unless approved by surgeon/doctor.

zv3

zv3

Awards
These guys are right. I got a simple out-patient minor surgery on my face and forgot to let the doctor know I had taken
aspirin the day before, he says I was bleeding like a pig! I may have STILL bleed like a pig even if I had not taken the
aspirin, but I am sure it did not help!

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Who cares what the surgeon says.

Make sure you tell the anesthesiologist, he's the one dosing you up. Patella tendon repair should also be scoped right? Non- invasive
Yeah, fish oils, k, e/tocos can cause bleeding issues so surgeon would want to know those.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Yea just drop all supplements. Its only for a short period of time. The surgery is more important

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I took aspirin before my wisdom teeth surgery.. after the surgery i told my doc. He called me a clown :(

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
These guys are right. I got a simple out-patient minor surgery on my face and forgot to let the doctor know I had taken
aspirin the day before, he says I was bleeding like a pig! I may have STILL bleed like a pig even if I had not taken the
aspirin, but I am sure it did not help!
Aspirin is definitely one of the worst offenders, surgery-wise.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to clarify, please do not take any PES supplements leading up to any form of surgery.

We value the health of our customers and it is not a risk worth taking should any complications arise, no matter how small they may be.

CaptainSlentz

CaptainSlentz

Awards
Hey guys, 8 days post surgery now and today I am up and walking with only my brace. Do you think its safe to atleast continue the anabeta elite now? Wont go with the erase for now with the possibility of causing joint issues

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Hey guys, 8 days post surgery now and today I am up and walking with only my brace. Do you think its safe to atleast continue the anabeta elite now? Wont go with the erase for now with the possibility of causing joint issues
Answered in your other thread. We recommend you wait until fully healed until starting back on PES supplements.