help me sleep

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.31%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Re: help me sleep

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    What I'm working on V

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    Its crazy all the environmental factors that cause disturbances... Artificial light even around like three hours prior to slumber can affect sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Unfortunately normal sleep patterns are non-existant for me, shift work and study tend to make this difficult. For that reason I tend to invest in some good sleep aids that help knock me out but with a restful sleep. I've used both G8 and lights out and would recommend both but for me G8 edges out in terms of better sleep. I would use both for different purposes; i.e. when I can get a normal sleep routine in between semesters then Lights out would be my go-to for enhanced recovery.

G8 has my vote for you runner
    The only thing that worked for me when I worked on the ambulance was xanex. I feel your pain shift work is gnarly. I used to 36 hours in the front seat of an ambulance on some shifts... Straight

- Valdez
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com

2. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Some people I know have taken out there PC and TV from room and moved it downstairs...crazy...

I cover my alarm and turn phone off

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.31%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Some people I know have taken out there PC and TV from room and moved it downstairs...crazy...

I cover my alarm and turn phone off

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    My room is a cave lol literally zero light in there... My chick thought I was crazy at first but it helps a ton!

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.35%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Careful, G8 is habit-forming. I actually think the profile is decent but won't be investing because they had to label GABA in a dubious way
    The taste threw me off.. i thought it would be better but it made me sleep forever!

Mike
  5. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.08%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

The taste threw me off.. i thought it would be better but it made me sleep forever!

Mike
    I do agree with g8 sleep quality, but what will actually "tranqulize" me if you get me Mike hahah
    Horse tranq

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.05%

Thanks man.

5.45am wake up
    6.45am Train
    8.30 work
    7.30pm dinner
    Bed between 11 - 11.30 ( reading up as I'm a student and work plus some family time )

Ill look into f.lux

I'm trying to deep breath as my relaxation 4in 4out and keep a nice room temp. Window open, shirt off, 18 degrees celsius.

I have 500mg magnesium at dinner and 300mg zinc and 1 B complex +5g fish oil.

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    What time do you actually normally fall asleep? Even if right at 11:30 that's only a shade above 6 hours sleep.. understandable given your circumstances but still low. What are stress levels like? Sounds to me like there is mental chatter to be silenced. With such a stacked day I imagine you're trying to cram quite a bit of activity in that short window before bed. If stress is an issue, one more supp that I've found to be of some utility is phosphatidylserine.

But again, relaxation techniques have been most effective. As well as music, you might look into binaural beats or isochronic tones. The current published evidence isn't particularly flattering, but I've found them to be of great assistance. Even if the beats themselves aren't producing the desired physiologic effect, the act of listening at least does reduce mental chatter so I get exactly what I want out of them. Worth a try for sure if you're scraping the barrel for solutions - plenty of free apps out there for iPhone and android.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.14%

Careful, G8 is habit-forming. I actually think the profile is decent but won't be investing because they had to label GABA in a dubious way
    Can you please elaborate on the GABA issue. Is the GABA responsible for the habit firming aspect. I have been taking a sleep aid that has 500 mg of GABA and certainly do no want to daily ingest something potentially causing negative feedback or tolerance and dependence.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

it's no more habit-forming than the preWO product you enjoy, with your stimulant in it

or that melatonin you 'need' to fall asleep..

or those nootropics that some companies make and their reps push all over the place..

some things that are said by some in relation to other companies and their products..sheesh

smhs
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.14%

Can you please elaborate on the GABA issue. Is the GABA responsible for the habit firming aspect. I have been taking a sleep aid that has 500 mg of GABA and certainly do no want to daily ingest something potentially causing negative feedback or tolerance and dependence.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
    it's no more habit-forming than the preWO product you enjoy, with your stimulant in it

or those nootropics that some companies make and their reps push all over the place..

some things that are said by some in relation to other companies and their products..sheesh

smhs
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.12%

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

smhs
    I disagree. Phenibut addiction is a real danger. While it may be overblown to some degree, you'll find a lot of negative feedback especially when you consider the relatively small subset of consumers vs. melatonin or a staple like caffeine.

Now I'm of the persuasion that phenibut should be available and people should be allowed to use it responsibly or abuse it, I don't care. What I don't like is that I had to Google 4-amino-3-phenyl-butric acid! Picamilion and GABA are also labeled for a chemistry student, not your run of the mill consumer.

I've taken a product similar to G8 before with macuna, GABA and phenibut and I quite enjoyed it. It recommended a 5 on 2 off scheme or maybe 2 on 1 off. G8 is recommended daily, albeit it does mention in the fine print: Do not use for more than 30 days without a 90 day break. I've never seen a company feel the need to put a warning like that on a product with designer stims, nootropics or melatonin. I don't know what Finaflex is trying to achieve with the funny labeling but they should be aware that to many of us it looks like an attempt at deception.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.14%

smhs
    Haha, not sure I understand your negative feedback that my question to Cooper about his GABA comment was "it's disrespectful how I carry myself."

So I see if someone has a question about your product that might relate to a health concern you bash them. I, however, was not even asking about a Finaflex product.

Coming from the days when I used to buy GHB over the counter, hot stuff and orange triad, I think it prudent not to just take anyone's advise as to the safety or efficacy of anything, especially if not a doctor. Nevertheless, I was interested in what Cooper was saying about GABA before you interjected and repeated the same safe as any pre workout. Not my question, but thanks for the information.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Haha, not sure I understand your negative feedback that my question to Cooper about his GABA comment was "it's disrespectful how I carry myself."

So I see if someone has a question about your product that might relate to a health concern you bash them.

Coming from the days when I used to buy GHB over the counter, hot stuff and orange triad, I think it prudent not to just take anyone's advise as to the safety or efficacy of anything, especially if not a doctor. Nevertheless, I was interested in what Cooper was saying about GABA before you interjected and repeated the same safe as any pre workout. Not my question, but thanks for the information.
    not at all
    you are only the second person i have ever negged on this site -- and the other was a Finflex-stalker

you posted your question, i gave you an answer

you then re-posted your question, and yes that is quite disrespectful

i think we all can go thru threads we are subscribed to, and see what questions are there to be answered

when you get an answer - and i don't care if you like mine or not, doesn't matter to me -- and then repost in flagrant view, you appear to be minimizing and yes disrespecting the poster who answered you

my answer was a combination of disapproval of another rep commenting on our product line, and answering your question about GABA

i stand by my neg
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Lutztenways View Post
    I disagree. Phenibut addiction is a real danger. While it may be overblown to some degree, you'll find a lot of negative feedback especially when you consider the relatively small subset of consumers vs. melatonin or a staple like caffeine.

Now I'm of the persuasion that phenibut should be available and people should be allowed to use it responsibly or abuse it, I don't care. What I don't like is that I had to Google 4-amino-3-phenyl-butric acid! Picamilion and GABA are also labeled for a chemistry student, not your run of the mill consumer.

I've taken a product similar to G8 before with macuna, GABA and phenibut and I quite enjoyed it. It recommended a 5 on 2 off scheme or maybe 2 on 1 off. G8 is recommended daily, albeit it does mention in the fine print: Do not use for more than 30 days without a 90 day break. I've never seen a company feel the need to put a warning like that on a product with designer stims, nootropics or melatonin. I don't know what Finaflex is trying to achieve with the funny labeling but they should be aware that to many of us it looks like an attempt at deception.
    Phenibut, haha. I see. That can create a nice little tolerance, addiction and withdrawal issue.

What about GABA? I also heard it was pretty benign and does not really cross BBB. Is there anything about GABA that is potentially dangerous? Just curious what Cooper was getting at and maybe I just misunderstood.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.14%

not at all
    you are only the second person i have ever negged on this site -- and the other was a Finflex-stalker

you posted your question, i gave you an answer

you then re-posted your question, and yes that is quite disrespectful

i think we all can go thru threads we are subscribed to, and see what questions are there to be answered

when you get an answer - and i don't care if you like mine or not, doesn't matter to me -- and then repost in flagrant view, you appear to be minimizing and yes disrespecting the poster who answered you

my answer was a combination of disapproval of another rep commenting on our product line, and answering your question about GABA

i stand by my neg
    Can Neg me all you want. I have no idea what your talking about discussing GABA. Lay off the roids and stimulates man, you gonna stroke.

As far as Finaflex, I had never heard of your company before so I certainly am not stalking a company I have heard of. All in your mind bro.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Lutztenways View Post
    What I don't like is that I had to Google 4-amino-3-phenyl-butric acid! Picamilion and GABA are also labeled for a chemistry student, not your run of the mill consumer.

we spell out the actual structure on our label..
    we have a contraindication warning on our label..
    and yet you claim we are being deceptive?
    please explain

as for no warning label on nootropics: that seems deceptive, to me

mental addiction is every bit as real a dnager as physical addiction
    i'm not so sure there is 'zero' physical addiction to those things anyway, tbh
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Can Neg me all you want. I have no idea what your talking about discussing GABA. Lay off the roids and stimulates man, you gonna stroke.

As far as Finaflex, I had never heard of your company before so I certainly am not stalking a company I have heard of. All in your mind bro.
    you reaffirm that my neg went to good use

thank you for your personal insults, carry on
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.14%

you reaffirm that my neg went to good use

thank you for your personal insults, carry on
    Ah ha, I see the repost above at 9:02 and 9:25 in question to Cooper about GABA in the NIght Rest product I take. Haha, that was an iPhone gliche and had nothing to do with you or your response . . .
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

500mcg-1mg of Melatonin could be very useful.

I have also enjoyed Poseidon NT on a few occasions. Didn't really initiate sleep for me, but the sleep I did get was much deeper and restful.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.08%

All I can say is all the new sleep supplements are very interesting, and the better ones seem to be a combination of ALL of the latest
    sleep ingredients, to cover all bases.

My order of MAN REM PM and Iforce Lights-out comes in today, so I will try one tonight. After years of neglect, the supplement industry
    is finally paying attention to sleep health. Some products work on fat, control cortisol, adrenal system, testosterone, metabolic rate,
    growth hormone release etc. I want to try Finalflex G8 but it's pretty expensive for only 20 servings, but I did hear that it is really good.

I am going to try the MAN REM PM tonight and will let you know what I think.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

Mike
    agreed
    taste is a tuff thing to disguise, in any product like this
    it's not like protein flavoring lol
    slam it, and be done!
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Ah ha, I see the repost above at 9:02 and 9:25 in question to Cooper about GABA in the NIght Rest product I take. Haha, that was an iPhone gliche and had nothing to do with you or your response . . .
    as many times as you have edited your responses now, i ponder the veracity of your statement on 'phone glitch'..

alas - i will give you the benefit of the doubt that we have simply had a misunderstanding here, and will be happy to put this behind us
  23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.23%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

1. I was making an inside-joke to jiigz about notation of compounds (we were talking about this in another thread). The entire post was not serious except:

2. Phenibut is habit-forming. Period. SNS makes it too, and we recommend no more than a few times a week for that reason.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.36%

But melatonin won't work.....
    [​Team VPX sports]
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

1. I was making an inside-joke to jiigz about notation of compounds (we were talking about this in another thread). The entire post was not serious except:

2. Phenibut is habit-forming. Period. SNS makes it too, and we recommend no more than a few times a week for that reason.
    thank you for the clarification

however, inside joke is just that -- you inside, and everyone else on the outside

problematic, in a public forum
  26. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.23%

thank you for the clarification

however, inside joke is just that -- you inside, and everyone else on the outside

problematic, in a public forum
    Sorry
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Sorry
    accepted, of course.

you've got keen insight into a lot of things, and it is a joy to read your thoughts..
    but, it is a double-edged sword, as many here on the forums take your word at face value, believe anything you say to be true, without ever questioning what you post
    as a rep for a competing company, it is a fine line to dissect or discuss other products your company does not make

just something to keep in mind, my .02

we move on, brother.
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.66%

Melatonin
    You're gonna like ErgoZzz
  29. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.23%

Quote Originally Posted by ErgoGenix View Post
    You're gonna like ErgoZzz
    Whoever did the melatonin part of your writeup is slacking! What are "sleep wa cycles?!?!"

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/e...z-90-caps.html
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.47%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Haha, yes. Since you told me about the chem website I have been using it for this very purpose.
    Makes things much easier to, err translate I only tend to use the product on those days I just HAVE to get to sleep, otherwise melatonin it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

The only thing that worked for me when I worked on the ambulance was xanex. I feel your pain shift work is gnarly. I used to 36 hours in the front seat of an ambulance on some shifts... Straight
    36 hours? Thats a whole weeks worth of work and you used to do it in a day and a half. I take my hat off to you good sir

Hope you were using a tonne of Focus XT
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.08%

I used MAN PM and Iforce lights-out and think the Iforce product is a little better for "knocking" me out. I had a better sleep experience with the Iforce product, but only took one pill from each product. I am going to try 2 pills from each company and see what that does, may be a different
    experience all together. I attained deeper sleep with lights-out and had pretty decent dreams. MAN PM was decent also, but since I weigh
    240lbs I may benefit from 2 pills instead of the one pill I took.
  32. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.76%

Quote Originally Posted by zv3 View Post
    I used MAN PM and Iforce lights-out and think the Iforce product is a little better for "knocking" me out. I had a better sleep experience with the Iforce product, but only took one pill from each product. I am going to try 2 pills from each company and see what that does, may be a different
    experience all together. I attained deeper sleep with lights-out and had pretty decent dreams. MAN PM was decent also, but since I weigh
    240lbs I may benefit from 2 pills instead of the one pill I took.
    I highly recommend using 2 caps of LiGHts Out so you get the full 500mg(and clinically proven) dosage of L-Dopa. In a study done in 1975, healthy subject taking this dose increased their HGH output by an average of 1400%(I **** you not). Levels went from 1.5mg/ml of blood to 20mg/ml of blood.
  33. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.31%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Haha, yes. Since you told me about the chem website I have been using it for this very purpose.
    Makes things much easier to, err translate I only tend to use the product on those days I just HAVE to get to sleep, otherwise melatonin it is.

36 hours? Thats a whole weeks worth of work and you used to do it in a day and a half. I take my hat off to you good sir

Hope you were using a tonne of Focus XT
    There it is lmao!!!! 36 hours in a week and a half; I was confused...I wish I had focus back then!!!

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.29%

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    I highly recommend using 2 caps of LiGHts Out so you get the full 500mg(and clinically proven) dosage of L-Dopa. In a study done in 1975, healthy subject taking this dose increased their HGH output by an average of 1400%(I **** you not). Levels went from 1.5mg/ml of blood to 20mg/ml of blood.
    Not to mention the benefits fo 5-HTP as well.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.47%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    There it is lmao!!!! 36 hours in a week and a half; I was confused...I wish I had focus back then!!!

- Valdez
    Haha, I changed it as soon as I saw it. Too quick for me lol.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Please Help me Sleep
    By AmazingAJ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 09:32 AM
  2. Help me get rid of my sleeping problems!
    By RAZORBACK09 in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 03:41 AM
  3. help me formulate my own sleep supp
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 05:27 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 05:29 PM
  5. Help me go to sleep
    By Hurleyboy05 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 64