Anyone seen "Limitless" or who has experience with nootropics?

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Then this might be an interesting link for you:

Ten months of research condensed - A total newbies guide to nootropics - Brain Health - LONGECITY

Who has experience with nootropics? I have the impression that my memory and my mental abilities are on the decrease the last years and i have problems with concentration. After having seen the film "limitless" i was inspired to do something against this. What would you say would be beneficial to take for me (not too expensive)?

The link advises a combination of three substances including piracetam. What about changing piracetam with pramiracetam or noopept? Where are the exact differences between these three? Has anyone an idea about dosing nootropics?

Im not looking for an expesive solution (and that e.g. already would mean more than 30-40 bucks per month). Im looking for someting, maybe a combi of different powders that are widely available.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
in for answers.

i heard alcar isnt too bad of an idea for school or something. i dont think any supplement will actually give you long term benefits though, probly just like 2 hours after the dose or so

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Focus xt would be a great product for you!

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
Try the search function

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
That link is definitely dated. I have more nootropics experience than I really should, but the closest thing to limitless is:

2 scoops OG Craze (not saying it makes a difference, just what I've been using)
1 scoop Stim-free Focus XT
1 GRAM phenylpiracetam

I distinctly remember taking this combination and thinking the clearest I ever have on my final exam after nights of sleep deprivation. I could see all my professor's tricks before I even finished reading the questions, had tunnel vision with thoughts only about the exam, etc

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think you will find anything like the movie portrays.

Veritatis

Veritatis

Banned
Awards
This is really old, but still relevant... was written by Skigazzi:

Quick guide to the most popular nootropic supplements. All can be stacked, or taken alone. Neurostim +C is a good premade stack, though I like to add piracetam to it when I need to concentrate in order to learn (only 4 more months of grad school at night, yay). All of these typically take days to weeks to make a noticeable improvement on concentration and focus, and are best taken in longer periods (2-3 months) followed by down time of one month. As with all supplements, start with the basics, and move on from there.

Piracetam (2-oxo-Pyrrolidine Acetamide) - is a derivative of the neurotransmitter GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid). Chemically related to the amino acid Pyroglutamic Acid (Pyrrolidine Carboxylic acid), which occurs in cerebrospinal fluid and plays an important role in cognitive functioning.

-Biochemical Effects-
-Enhances Brain Metabolism (By increasing Glucose Utilization, Blood & Oxygen Flow){Boosts mental energy & cerebral circulation}
-Increases Cerebral Phospholipids & Cellular Membrane Fluidity (By interacting with the polar head moieties of the phospholipid bilayer) {Supports healthy neuron communication & structure}.
-Supports Cognitive Receptors (By amplifying the density of the Muscarinic Cholinergic {Frontal Cortex, Striatum, & Hippocampus}, NMDA (N-Methyl-D-Aspartate) {Hippocampus}, & AMPA (Alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-Methyl-4-isoxazole-Propionic Acid) Cerebral Cortex Receptors {Strengthens neurotransmitter receptors involved in memory and neuroprotection}
-Stimulates the Corpus Callosum, an area of the brain that controls communication between the left and right hemispheres (Increases communication between both hemispheres) {Involved in speech and creative thinking}.
- Stimulates the Locus Coeruleus, (specialized neurons) {Involved in information processing, attention, cortical/behavioral arousal, learning and memory}
-Inhibits Platelet Aggregation (By increasing Red-White blood cells & Platelet deformability, inhibiting thromboxane A2 synthetase or antagonism of thromboxane A2, reducing von Willebrand's factor & fibrinogen levels) {Supports Healthy Blood Flow}.
-Decreases EEG complexity (Increases cooperatively of brain functional processing) {Positively effects Neuro-Electrical Functioning}.
-Has a significant antioxidant effect.

-Overview-
Piracetam positively supports healthy cognitive & cardiovascular functioning by a multifaceted means of action.

-Notes-
Approved & used since 1970’s worldwide (Europe, Asia, and South American) for various health conditions. Recommended by many healthcare professionals and health organizations, such as the Life Extension Foundation, as a Nootropic.
Piracetum is the first step in the use of nootropics, it also stacks nicely with all of the following.

-Dose-
2-6 grams daily.

-When can I feel it?-
Works within an hour to a few days.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Aniracetam - Aniracetam (1-Anisoyl-2-pyrrolidinone) is a fat soluble potent analog of Piracetam.
-Biochemical Effects-
Similar to Piracetam, but due to its fat solubility its effects last longer and is far more potent.
- Helps increase communication between your left and right sides of the brain, resulting in improved creatively, perception, and more.
- Has an more potent AMPA receptor enhancing effect than Piracetam, resulting in better focus and concentration.
- Been reported to be best ‘cetam for anti-anxiety effects

-Dose-
750-1,500 mg daily with meals.

-When can I feel it?-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oxiracetam - (4-hydroxy-2-oxo-1-pyrrolidinacetamide) is a potent fast acting water soluble analog of Piracetam. Works faster than all other racetams.

-Biochemical Effects-
Similar to Piracetam, but much stronger than Aniracetam and far faster acting. The preferred premium Nootropic for the elite smart drug user.
- Supports multiple aspects of Cognition
- Boosts Brain ATP levels (Mental Energy)
- Increase Choline Acetylcholinetranferase the neuro-enzyme that creates Acetylcholine (in the cerebral cortex, hippocampus and striatum) {Memory Support}

-Dose-
800-1,600 mg daily.

-When can I feel it?-
--------------------------------------------------------------

Pramiracetam
(N-{2-(diisopropylamino)ethyl}-2-oxo-1-pyrrolidine-acetamide) is a fat soluble potent analog of Piracetam, the most potent Racetam compound being about 15 times stronger than Piracetam.

-Dose-
100-300mg daily

Availability
Sporadic due to customs issues.
---------------------------------------------------------

L-Huperzine - A is a natural plant alkaloid (extracted from Huperzia serrata), which quickly and potently boosts memory, learning, and concentration. Used worldwide for decades in adults and high school students. Is considered the most potent short term memory enhancer available.

-Biochemical Effects-
- Potently raises Acetylcholine (main memory neurotransmitter) by inhibiting its breakdown from Acetylcholinesterase.
- Strengthens the Brain's NMDA receptors (Enhances Focus, Learning, and Brain Functioning)

-Dose-
Take 200-400 mcg daily for best results with meals.

-When can I feel it?-
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha GPC (Alpha L-GlycerylPhosphorylCholine), also known as choline alfoscerate, is an unique NeuroActive form of choline that rapidly penetrates the blood brain barrier, naturally found in small amounts in milk and soybeans.

-Biochemical Effects-
- A precursor for the neurotransmitter AcetylCholine [Supports Memory].
- A precursor for PhosphatidylCholine [Supports Brain Structure]

-Dose-
300-2000 mg daily.

-When can I feel it?-
Works within a few days.
------------------------------------------------------------

Vinpocetine (Ethyl Apovincamine) is a derivative of vincamine (a phytonootropic from periwinkle). While less potent as a mental stimulant than vincamine, Vinpocetine is the preferred nootropic for Enhancing blood flow to the Brain, Eyes, and Ears. Its effects on Cerebral Blood Flow far exceeds all other nootropics.

-Biochemical Effects-
-Enhances Brain Metabolism (By increasing Glucose Utilization, Blood & Oxygen Flow) (Boosts mental energy & cerebral circulation)
- Stimulates the Locus Coeruleus, (specialized neurons) (Involved in information processing, attention, cortical/behavioral arousal, learning and memory)
-Inhibits Platelet Aggregation (Reduces abnormal blood clots).
-Has a significant antioxidant effect.

-Dose-
20-40 mg daily with meals.
------------------------------------------------------

Theanine (gamma-ethylamino-L-glutamic acid) is an unique amino acid found in trace amounts in green tea. It converts in the brain into GABA, the neurochemical involved in inhibiting over active mental activities, such as stress, anxiety, worrying, and nervousness. Unlike herbs theanine protects & enhances Cognition, without causing sleepy or drowsiness.

-Biochemical Effects-
- Instant relaxation due to its potent effects on raising GABA
- Unlike the supplement GABA it passes through the blood brain barrier readily and has superior GABA raising effects.
- Has been studied compared to Paxil.

-Notes-
In Japan it is used in soft drinks much like caffeine is added in the US, but to relax rather than stimulate the mind.

-Dose-
200-1000mg daily.

-When can I feel it?-
Works within a few hours.
-------------------------------------------------

Acetyl-L-Carnitine (2-Acetoxy-3-(trimethylaminium)butanoic acid) is an amino acid-like compound related to Choline found in high levels in brain cells.

-Biochemical Effects-
- Increases Acetylation of Coenzyme A (a precursor to Acetylcholine) [Memory Enhancer]
- Enhances transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria [Increased Cellular Energy Levels]

-Dose-
500-3000mg daily
------------------------------------------------------------------

Choline supplements should be taken during the administration of all nootropics. Lecithin (caps and granules) is a cheap choline source. Lecithin should be taken in doses of 5-8 grams daily to support the nootropics. Alpha GPC (listed above) is another source for choline. It is more effective / more expensive, but only requires dosing in the 1-3 gram range to support choline levels in the brain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
STACKS

Simple Stack :
1-2 grams piracetam every 8 hours with 5 grams lecithin daily.

Study Stack - Simple :
1-2 grams piracetam every 8 hours / 5 grams lecithin / 10mg Vinpocetine every 8 hours

Advanced Stack :
2 grams piracetam every 8 hours
500 mg aniracetam every 8 hours
1 gram Alpha GPC every 8 hours

Study Stack - advanced :
1.5 grams piracetam every 8 hours
1.5 grams Alpha GPC every 8 hours
15 mg Vinpocetine every 8 hours
150 mcg Huperzine every 8 hours

Anxiety / Concentration Stack :
200 mg theanine every 8 hours (plan for one dose prior to a speech or presentation)

After all test are done stack :
500mg Theanine
1.5 grams Phenibut (do not study on phenibut)
5 grams lecithin
--------------------------
coopers stack seems quite intriguing and may be something to check out. Though, personally craze was a bit to stimulating for me to study on, but I did have a great work out on it. Also, just a heads up for the op Demiurge is a great source for phenylpiracetam.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
is phenylpiracetam so much better than pramiracetam or noopept? both are cheaper than the first mentioned thats the way i ask

domore

Awards
That link is definitely dated. I have more nootropics experience than I really should, but the closest thing to limitless is:

1 GRAM phenylpiracetam

I distinctly remember taking this combination and thinking the clearest I ever have on my final exam after nights of sleep deprivation. I could see all my professor's tricks before I even finished reading the questions, had tunnel vision with thoughts only about the exam, etc
I know that these products do offer some stimulatory/cognitive properties, but don't kid yourself, you study extremely hard, too.

I would try that sometime if my organization didn't ban phenylpiracetam.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I don't think you will find anything like the movie portrays.

Agreed, the nootropics may give you an edge, but it's nothing fantastic.

I've been wanting to try Focus XT. I've used Piracetam in the past but didn't really like it.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Agreed, the nootropics may give you an edge, but it's nothing fantastic.

I've been wanting to try Focus XT. I've used Piracetam in the past but didn't really like it.
Focus xt is absolutely amazing!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I actually made my own NZT, but now I am too smart to share it with you retards.:poke:

Seriously though, noots provide some level(s) of cognitive optimization or mild performance gains, but that movie was hinting at something closer to complete genetic re-writing of your brain...that despite limited testing just happened to turn out completely awesome and bestow god-like powers on the user.

You're not going to get that from either the supplement of pharmaceutical industries.

Besides, there are like 100 threads on AM already about this topic.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

1 GRAM phenylpiracetam

Cooper, didn't you also mention having good results with ALCAR? What do you think the absolute best nootropic to take for memory improvement would be? ALCAR, noopept, oxiracetam? I'm taking several science classes this semester and really want material to "stick" in my memory without me having to read over it 50,000 times.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Go to doc and discuss Nuvigil. Focus XT and the nootropics really don't do jack except perhaps a caf like jolt in XT. Hup A in theory may do something, but is pretty benign to me. The racetams either seem benign or have the reverse effect on me.

Craze makes Cooper think clear? I might buy Craze making one think they are thinking clear. I have seen guys on coke thinking they sounded brilliant . . .

Nuvigil is pretty nice actually. Haha, I am 45 so Huperzine would seem to help combat the organic brain syndrome or dementia I don't realize or accept having.

I am mystified by you young guys looking for libido and memory products. Is this due to xy pituitary issues from aas and adrenal fatigue from too much stimulation. XY and ad fatigue can certainly cloud the mind.

I cannot imagine needing a substance to make myself clearer until the past few years and God knows I have killed some brain cells in my life time. I still have a photographic memory, but it does take effort now. Nuvigil provides razor sharp focus and the mind jumps into overdrive which is where mine remains Nuv or not Nuv. I, however, prefer natural at present. I am concerned regarding long term impact. My career is predicated upon my ability to think quicker and better than anyone else.

I am assuming if you want limitless, you are thinking way beyond anything legal nootropics may offer. Perhaps check bluelight and etc. As there is stuff out there. Just be careful with the brain.

neddo

neddo

Awards
My adrenals are fatigued.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Focus xt is ok, but good to stack it with other noops. A little bit of memory reconnection.

Nooptept is strange stuff. Kinda get "too" focused on 30mg and sordof feel like a space cadet or definitely feel "different"

About to try phenylpiracetam tomorrow though. More of a stimulant noop

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always a lot of talk about what works so well for studying, but I think the best part of getting the right combo of noots that works for you is how well it works in everyday situations. Let's face it, most of us aren't sitting around studying and reading. So finding the stack that works in social situations and in business/work life is equally, if not more, important.

As mentioned in most of the other 100 threads on this topic:
Ani
Alpha GPC
Bacopa
L-theanine

Oh, and be careful getting into the Longecity threads. They tend to get a little weird and almost dangerous looking for the best mind alteration.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've seen Limitless, Spider-man, Superman, Batman, The Terminator and a ton of other movies. So now I'm wondering what supplements I can take to be like the guys in those movies. How will I become Super-Human through the use of supplements?.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm surprised a company hasn't marketed the next big thing towards that.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go to doc and discuss Nuvigil. Focus XT and the nootropics really don't do jack except perhaps a caf like jolt in XT. Hup A in theory may do something, but is pretty benign to me. The racetams either seem benign or have the reverse effect on me.

Craze makes Cooper think clear? I might buy Craze making one think they are thinking clear. I have seen guys on coke thinking they sounded brilliant . . .

Nuvigil is pretty nice actually. Haha, I am 45 so Huperzine would seem to help combat the organic brain syndrome or dementia I don't realize or accept having.

I am mystified by you young guys looking for libido and memory products. Is this due to xy pituitary issues from aas and adrenal fatigue from too much stimulation. XY and ad fatigue can certainly cloud the mind.

I cannot imagine needing a substance to make myself clearer until the past few years and God knows I have killed some brain cells in my life time. I still have a photographic memory, but it does take effort now. Nuvigil provides razor sharp focus and the mind jumps into overdrive which is where mine remains Nuv or not Nuv. I, however, prefer natural at present. I am concerned regarding long term impact. My career is predicated upon my ability to think quicker and better than anyone else.

I am assuming if you want limitless, you are thinking way beyond anything legal nootropics may offer. Perhaps check bluelight and etc. As there is stuff out there. Just be careful with the brain.
What is it like having a photographic memory? Can you literally look at an entire MS Excel spreadsheet and memorize the whole thing in just a few seconds?

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow... you are VERY lucky to have that ability! I can't imagine how many possibilities are opened up by having it. Can I ask what field you work in? I'm going to school to do something in the medical field... things would be so much easier and my success would be absolutely reassured if I had a photographic memory...

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
from reviews i found out that the following combo is supposed to be very effective:

-Aniracetam/Alpha GPC

But GPC is very expensive. I ordered some bulk noopept now and want to try it solo. I hope the stuff is legit because i bought it from ebay ;)

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look in the Smart Powders thread in Supplements. Loads of info!

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I represent doctors, hospital and nursing homes. Lawyer. Does being a smart ass make your studies go better or just make you feel better about yourself.? Rhetorical . . . Good luck with those MCATs.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I represent doctors, hospital and nursing homes. Lawyer. Does being a smart ass make your studies go better or just make you feel better about yourself.? Rhetorical . . . Good luck with those MCATs.
Thanks. I know you said the question was rhetorical, but I'll answer it anyways... a little bit of both, but primarily the first one.

M.Haroutunian

Awards
from reviews i found out that the following combo is supposed to be very effective:

-Aniracetam/Alpha GPC

But GPC is very expensive. I ordered some bulk noopept now and want to try it solo. I hope the stuff is legit because i bought it from ebay ;)
I would not recommend taking noopept alone. Alpha GPC is a great Choline from what I have been studying. It will help contribute to synergistic effects and overall efficiency of the stack. And it may also reduce the limited tolerance of any nootropic you take with it.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I've used just about every nootropic there is. Although there are a selectfew that produce amazing results, I pose a warning to everyone wanting to dive into these substances. The recommendation of Aniracetam and Alpha-GPC is close to the extent of what I'd suggest to anyone wanting to increase their cognitive abilities. I highly recommend PQQ to anyone. It has had more of a positive impact on me than any other nootropic I've tried. If anyone has any quotations or want to know the effects of any nootropic feel free to ask.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used just about every nootropic there is. Although there are a selectfew that produce amazing results, I pose a warning to everyone wanting to dive into these substances. The recommendation of Aniracetam and Alpha-GPC is close to the extent of what I'd suggest to anyone wanting to increase their cognitive abilities. I highly recommend PQQ to anyone. It has had more of a positive impact on me than any other nootropic I've tried. If anyone has any quotations or want to know the effects of any nootropic feel free to ask.
What effects did you notice from taking PQQ? I have never tried it. Also, why do you say that the combo of Aniracetam and Alpha-GPC is the extent of what you'd use? BTW, I'm currently in nursing school and would like to take something that could significantly improve my memory/recall (I.e., make more of the material I'm studying "stick" with fewer read-throughs).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
PQQ isn't a nootropic.

Take it from someone who memorizes more than I care to admit:

Focus XT + Phenylpiracetam + Bronkaid or Adrena-G + DAA (<- an excellent nootropic, subjectively)

Aniracetam seems to be effective for working cognition; not so much for memory for me.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10mg of adderall will get you pretty close

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I first started taking Ani last year, I felt that it was a noot, but as time has passed I think it leans more on the Anxiolytic side of things. It is the Alpha-GPC that really pushes it over to the noot side. In my opinion, Alpha-GPC is like the OG noot. I've been taking it for so many years, I can't imagine life without it- until I go a couple weeks and I'm reminded how great it is. Like freqfly, I think it is the ultimate simple stack.

I will add that I was kind of down on Focus-XT because I didn't like the huperzine-a and all the ALCAR in it. Both of those give me a little anxiety, but I found that if I cut the dose in half and use it before workouts it is amazing. I started adding it in before going to MMA training and I am grasping techniques much better than without it.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
PQQ isn't a nootropic.

Take it from someone who memorizes more than I care to admit:

Focus XT + Phenylpiracetam + Bronkaid or Adrena-G + DAA (<- an excellent nootropic, subjectively)

Aniracetam seems to be effective for working cognition; not so much for memory for me.
Gotta disagree about PQQ. Certainly meets each requirement to be a nootropic
Giurgea's Nootropic Criteria:

1. Enhances learning and memory. 2. Enhance learned behaviors under conditions which are known to disrupt them. Example: hypoxia (oxygen deficiency). 3. Protect the brain from physical or chemical injury. 4. Enhance the tonic cortical/subcortical control mechanisms 5. Exhibit few side effects and extremely low toxicity, while lacking the pharmacology of typical psychotropic drugs (motor stimulation, sedation etc.).

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
What effects did you notice from taking PQQ? I have never tried it. Also, why do you say that the combo of Aniracetam and Alpha-GPC is the extent of what you'd use? BTW, I'm currently in nursing school and would like to take something that could significantly improve my memory/recall (I.e., make more of the material I'm studying "stick" with fewer read-throughs).
Improvement in mood, cognition, verbal fluency, mood, sleep patterns, energy, memory.
And with Ani/GPC; they're two of the most effective supplements I've tried to improve memory, recall, attention, creativity, mood while decreasing anxiety as well. I'd add a few things like PQQ, Fish oil & caffeine (if anxiety isn't a problem), but otherwise I wouldn't add much of anything else. Having tried Alcar, Huperzine, Picamilon, Bacopa, DMAE, Citicoline, Vinpocetine & a few others; non had the same benefits I experienced with my suggested basic stack. Most nootropics are cholinergic, which too much of can be a very bad thing. Cases of panic disorder, PTSD & depression can all be caused by excess acetylcholine. I've experienced all 3 first hand, especially when going overboard with nootropics & frankly I don't want someone to go down those paths when it can be avoided by doing proper research and hearing from others who have experience with these substances.