Anyone seen "Limitless" or who has experience with nootropics?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I've used just about every nootropic there is. Although there are a selectfew that produce amazing results, I pose a warning to everyone wanting to dive into these substances. The recommendation of Aniracetam and Alpha-GPC is close to the extent of what I'd suggest to anyone wanting to increase their cognitive abilities. I highly recommend PQQ to anyone. It has had more of a positive impact on me than any other nootropic I've tried. If anyone has any quotations or want to know the effects of any nootropic feel free to ask.

2. Quote Originally Posted by freqfly View Post
    I've used just about every nootropic there is. Although there are a selectfew that produce amazing results, I pose a warning to everyone wanting to dive into these substances. The recommendation of Aniracetam and Alpha-GPC is close to the extent of what I'd suggest to anyone wanting to increase their cognitive abilities. I highly recommend PQQ to anyone. It has had more of a positive impact on me than any other nootropic I've tried. If anyone has any quotations or want to know the effects of any nootropic feel free to ask.
    What effects did you notice from taking PQQ? I have never tried it. Also, why do you say that the combo of Aniracetam and Alpha-GPC is the extent of what you'd use? BTW, I'm currently in nursing school and would like to take something that could significantly improve my memory/recall (I.e., make more of the material I'm studying "stick" with fewer read-throughs).
    •   

3. PQQ isn't a nootropic.

Take it from someone who memorizes more than I care to admit:

Focus XT + Phenylpiracetam + Bronkaid or Adrena-G + DAA (<- an excellent nootropic, subjectively)

Aniracetam seems to be effective for working cognition; not so much for memory for me.

4. 10mg of adderall will get you pretty close

5. When I first started taking Ani last year, I felt that it was a noot, but as time has passed I think it leans more on the Anxiolytic side of things. It is the Alpha-GPC that really pushes it over to the noot side. In my opinion, Alpha-GPC is like the OG noot. I've been taking it for so many years, I can't imagine life without it- until I go a couple weeks and I'm reminded how great it is. Like freqfly, I think it is the ultimate simple stack.

I will add that I was kind of down on Focus-XT because I didn't like the huperzine-a and all the ALCAR in it. Both of those give me a little anxiety, but I found that if I cut the dose in half and use it before workouts it is amazing. I started adding it in before going to MMA training and I am grasping techniques much better than without it.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    PQQ isn't a nootropic.

Take it from someone who memorizes more than I care to admit:

Focus XT + Phenylpiracetam + Bronkaid or Adrena-G + DAA (<- an excellent nootropic, subjectively)

Aniracetam seems to be effective for working cognition; not so much for memory for me.
    Gotta disagree about PQQ. Certainly meets each requirement to be a nootropic
    Giurgea's Nootropic Criteria:

1. Enhances learning and memory. 2. Enhance learned behaviors under conditions which are known to disrupt them. Example: hypoxia (oxygen deficiency). 3. Protect the brain from physical or chemical injury. 4. Enhance the tonic cortical/subcortical control mechanisms 5. Exhibit few side effects and extremely low toxicity, while lacking the pharmacology of typical psychotropic drugs (motor stimulation, sedation etc.).

7. Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCider View Post
    What effects did you notice from taking PQQ? I have never tried it. Also, why do you say that the combo of Aniracetam and Alpha-GPC is the extent of what you'd use? BTW, I'm currently in nursing school and would like to take something that could significantly improve my memory/recall (I.e., make more of the material I'm studying "stick" with fewer read-throughs).
    Improvement in mood, cognition, verbal fluency, mood, sleep patterns, energy, memory.
    And with Ani/GPC; they're two of the most effective supplements I've tried to improve memory, recall, attention, creativity, mood while decreasing anxiety as well. I'd add a few things like PQQ, Fish oil & caffeine (if anxiety isn't a problem), but otherwise I wouldn't add much of anything else. Having tried Alcar, Huperzine, Picamilon, Bacopa, DMAE, Citicoline, Vinpocetine & a few others; non had the same benefits I experienced with my suggested basic stack. Most nootropics are cholinergic, which too much of can be a very bad thing. Cases of panic disorder, PTSD & depression can all be caused by excess acetylcholine. I've experienced all 3 first hand, especially when going overboard with nootropics & frankly I don't want someone to go down those paths when it can be avoided by doing proper research and hearing from others who have experience with these substances.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice anyone who has used 1-T Tren or 1-T lotion
    By JW390898 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 07:22 PM
  2. Calling anyone who has experience with 17-Phero-ex/5-decca-zol
    By carpejohn in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 10:45 AM
  3. To anyone who has done Tren or Masteron
    By Bodybuilder20 in forum Old School Hormone Use