Thoughts on BPI

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Compared to companies like PES and USPLabs. Is it any better or any worse?

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Compared to companies like PES and USPLabs. Is it any better or any worse?
Worse by far! They throw out a new worthless supp like every week. Most of their stuff is well underdosed too

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
zv3

zv3

Awards
They have some good stuff and some bad. Not a fan of 1mr, but their new test powder stuff is getting good reviews.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
They have zero good stuff. test powder is from USP

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe he means the A-HD powder... With peptideX HAHAHAHAH... Garbage

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, I didn't think you'd actually start this thread!
Haha I was bored and thought I would give it a go. I just used that alphamine u gave me I love it taste great and had a great workout. Thanks for the samples I really appreciate it. It'll probably be my next purchase.

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
BPI is probably the biggest joke in the supplement industry.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
waste of money

zv3

zv3

Awards
Maybe he means the A-HD powder... With peptideX HAHAHAHAH... Garbage
Yep, I meant their version of a "test" powder which is A-HD. BB.com users rate it a 9.2 so I guess someone likes it. They also have "Blox" which is really good also, I do use that, it taste great and does what it's supposed to.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
BPI has assumed the position in the supplement industry that was long held by MuscleTech.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Bpi is the new Muscle Tech on steroids. Massive hype marketing. I wouldn't use a bpi product if it was free.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OG 1MR was great but the crash was a killer lol but yeah they over hype and they have poor consumer relations

Ice4534

Ice4534

Awards
Whether you like BPi or not you have to admit they are doing things right in marketing! (signing Jay, starting Image Sports, EXT, and Pro Nutra lines) For the average consumer with lack of proper supplementation knowledge BPi is extremely appealing and most consumers see these other lines as diffwerent companies. IT's quite simple $$$$$$$ ALLLLLL DAY!
c

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Whether you like BPi or not you have to admit they are doing things right in marketing! (signing Jay, starting Image Sports, EXT, and Pro Nutra lines) For the average consumer with lack of proper supplementation knowledge BPi is extremely appealing and most consumers see these other lines as diffwerent companies. IT's quite simple $$$$$$$ ALLLLLL DAY!
c
they even offer a cutler hair gel kit

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, I meant their version of a "test" powder which is A-HD. BB.com users rate it a 9.2 so I guess someone likes it. They also have "Blox" which is really good also, I do use that, it taste great and does what it's supposed to.
What exactly is it supposed to do IYO?

Ice4534

Ice4534

Awards
Blox tastes awesome, but it lacks a concrete sceintifc study of its possiible benefits-every claim is basically a guess. Silk Aminos better than BCAA? I'll belive t when long term studies have been conclusive, untl then its all hype.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
T-Up Black and BPI A-HD were my first natty stack back when I was well informed and shopped elsewhere. What a waste of 80 bucks. BPI made it seem like I was taking legit stuff. ****ing garbage

T-Up made me crap liquid green

chris223

Awards
  • Established
c
Yeah, as a few have already said, the old MuscleTech strategy. ***, too, for that matter. Prey on the ignorant and uninitiated. **** their marketing, no one here cares about that. They're a blight on the industry.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
On fb they have giveaways if your rate their products good on bb.com, they will send u whatever u rate free. That's how they get their ratings up!

Ice4534

Ice4534

Awards
Yeah, as a few have already said, the old MuscleTech strategy. ***, too, for that matter. Prey on the ignorant and uninitiated. **** their marketing, no one here cares about that. They're a blight on the industry.
yep, I guarentee this year at the arnold the BPI set up will be unreal- dropping probably 15,000 for the $$$ - Muscletech, BPi, BSN, rtc. they are all the same.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
yep, I guarentee this year at the arnold the BPI set up will be unreal- dropping probably 15,000 for the $$$ - Muscletech, BPi, BSN, rtc. they are all the same.
MuscleTech is actually halfway-decent these days. I don't know how their pricing is and I still wouldn't buy their product regardless, but they seem to have had a change in philosophy. No proprietary blends, actual efficacious doses of ingredients, and they've toned down their marketing significantly. I don't know what happened within that company, but it appears they've developed a desire to be respectable. I certainly wouldn't place MuscleTech, as they stand now, on the same level as BPI. BPI is absolutely the worst thing going right now.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
MuscleTech is actually halfway-decent these days. I don't know how their pricing is and I still wouldn't buy their product regardless, but they seem to have had a change in philosophy. No proprietary blends, actual efficacious doses of ingredients, and they've toned down their marketing significantly. I don't know what happened within that company, but it appears they've developed a desire to be respectable. I certainly wouldn't place MuscleTech, as they stand now, on the same level as BPI. BPI is absolutely the worst thing going right now.
MT has actually improved their product formulas. They've taken a more simplistic approach. Instead of 9 million underdosed ingredients that most have never heard off they have a handful dosed relatively good. I actually like the line with Neurocore in it.

zv3

zv3

Awards
Muscle-Tech's containers are so convoluted that it's hard to tell what your buying! Every company has hits and misses, some more than others.
BPI has some decent stuff, just have to know what your buying.

Ice4534

Ice4534

Awards
They had too! They started to die, soon enough they will loose branch and phil if they cant keep paying the big bucks. Haha i go to the Arnold every year, muscletechs booth went from the taj mahal to carnival game stand in just one year. You can only sell to idiots for so long before some one smart comes along and shows them the way.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Muscle-Tech's containers are so convoluted that it's hard to tell what your buying! Every company has hits and misses, some more than others.
BPI has some decent stuff, just have to know what your buying.
I disagree with both of these statements. As was stated earlier, MT has streamlined their products and begun showing the dosages of their ingredients, so it's actually much easier to tell what you're getting with them than in the past. BPI, however, sells nothing good. Nothing. BLOX may turn out to be okay if we ever get any data supporting SAAs, but everything else, including 1MR, is terrible.

zv3

zv3

Awards
I disagree with both of these statements. As was stated earlier, MT has streamlined their products and begun showing the dosages of their ingredients, so it's actually much easier to tell what you're getting with them than in the past. BPI, however, sells nothing good. Nothing. BLOX may turn out to be okay if we ever get any data supporting SAAs, but everything else, including 1MR, is terrible.
Well..... I disagree with you disagreeing! My feelings about MT are the same as how you feel about BPI. MT has NO stand-out, cutting-edge products, not even one, just more similar-looking, horrendously overpriced products. The fact that after all these years, MT FINALLY
"began showing the dosages of their ingredients" is no badge of honor at all, seeing as how they have made millions off of NOT showing
whats in their products.

I really don't care for EITHER company, but at least BLOX and 1MR have some sort of following and positive rep
for BPI, MT has NOTHING AT ALL! That, and the fact that MT is at every *** selling for absolutely OUTRAGEOUS prices kills it for
me. I have used Blox from BPI and it absolutely helped my recovery.

I don't think "hardcore rats" use either company's products much. When I REALLY started to get into working-out, I got away from the
big "name brand" company's and started to get what works, and generally smaller, more progressive companies have the
hard-core products that work. Like I said, every company has hits and misses, just have to know what your getting.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Well..... I disagree with you disagreeing! My feelings about MT are the same as how you feel about BPI. MT has NO stand-out, cutting-edge products, not even one, just more similar-looking, horrendously overpriced products. The fact that after all these years, MT FINALLY
"began showing the dosages of their ingredients" is no badge of honor at all, seeing as how they have made millions off of NOT showing
whats in their products.

I really don't care for EITHER company, but at least BLOX and 1MR have some sort of following and positive rep
for BPI, MT has NOTHING AT ALL! That, and the fact that MT is at every *** selling for absolutely OUTRAGEOUS prices kills it for
me. I have used Blox from BPI and it absolutely helped my recovery.

I don't think "hardcore rats" use either company's products much. When I REALLY started to get into working-out, I got away from the
big "name brand" company's and started to get what works, and generally smaller, more progressive companies have the
hard-core products that work. Like I said, every company has hits and misses, just have to know what your getting.
Really not fair to say that BPI is the superior company (or that they're less ****ty) just because BLOX and 1MR have a "following" and a "positive rep" (not even sure what you mean by "positive rep", since despite the products' financial success, most knowledgable lifters won't go near the stuff). Nitrotech and Celltech have had a "following" for years, and to my knowledge novice lifters everywhere still gobble that crap up. You say they have no standout product, but I say their Anotest is superior to anything BPI offers (check the product, it's really not a bad formula). And what does BPI have that is "standout?" BLOX? You say it works for you and that's fine, but it's also anecdotal. Until we get some data to support the claims, it's probably folly to buy SAAs instead of BCAAs or EAAs. And if you're intimating that 1MR is a standout product, I'm calling shenanigans on you because 1MR is straight garbage.

Ice4534

Ice4534

Awards
Really not fair to say that BPI is the superior company (or that they're less ****ty) just because BLOX and 1MR have a "following" and a "positive rep" (not even sure what you mean by "positive rep", since despite the products' financial success, most knowledgable lifters won't go near the stuff). Nitrotech and Celltech have had a "following" for years, and to my knowledge novice lifters everywhere still gobble that crap up. You say they have no standout product, but I say their Anotest is superior to anything BPI offers (check the product, it's really not a bad formula). And what does BPI have that is "standout?" BLOX? You say it works for you and that's fine, but it's also anecdotal. Until we get some data to support the claims, it's probably folly to buy SAAs instead of BCAAs or EAAs. And if you're intimating that 1MR is a standout product, I'm calling shenanigans on you because 1MR is straight garbage.
I agree completely with you- 1mr is actually the product BPI sells for the name not the quality, if you look at it closely
BPI's preworkout GO has all the quality. Quite simply know what your taking!!! Research and understand, who owns who and what ingredients go into each product your are buying don't buy a product because some one who has no idea what they are talking about redcommended it to you. Some companies are only out for the name to make the $$$$$ not to make you better.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
MuscleTech is actually halfway-decent these days. I don't know how their pricing is and I still wouldn't buy their product regardless, but they seem to have had a change in philosophy. No proprietary blends, actual efficacious doses of ingredients, and they've toned down their marketing significantly. I don't know what happened within that company, but it appears they've developed a desire to be respectable. .
My wife saw some muscle tech test booster at Sam's club And I picked it up And was going to explain to her how stupidly bad their product is and explain prop blends to her (she doesn't care but she acts like she does sometimes because she loves me) and I turned the product over and said "see they only have 3G of DAA per serving... Wait, that's... Hold on, ok well bad example babe"...

When did they decide to become a legit company with products that although are overpriced, may possibly work?

Ice4534

Ice4534

Awards
My wife saw some muscle tech test booster at Sam's club And I picked it up And was going to explain to her how stupidly bad their product is and explain prop blends to her (she doesn't care but she acts like she does sometimes because she loves me) and I turned the product over and said "see they only have 3G of DAA per serving... Wait, that's... Hold on, ok well bad example babe"...

When did they decide to become a legit company with products that although are overpriced, may possibly work?
Their $9.99 DAA product might be their only good one lol. Its pure DAA, shouldn't pay more than that even with a good brand though. Seeing as the sell their "anotest" (DAA and Boron Citrate) for 79.99. Still ripping people off blindly.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
anyone else mistake this for a bps hate thread? i was about to defend bps lol

michaelxfc5

michaelxfc5

Awards
What about the new 1mr? Is that any better than the original?

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Friend had me try 1MR after I had already gone through a couple of tubs of the original Jack3d. I asked him of it was some kind of joke. Never felt a thing on that garbage. 1 more rep my ass. Didn't even taste good. If you're gonna make trashy stuff, at least make it appealing to one of the senses.

michaelxfc5

michaelxfc5

Awards
Friend had me try 1MR after I had already gone through a couple of tubs of the original Jack3d. I asked him of it was some kind of joke. Never felt a thing on that garbage. 1 more rep my ass. Didn't even taste good. If you're gonna make trashy stuff, at least make it appealing to one of the senses.
Was it the new one?

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Their $9.99 DAA product might be their only good one lol. Its pure DAA, shouldn't pay more than that even with a good brand though. Seeing as the sell their "anotest" (DAA and Boron Citrate) for 79.99. Still ripping people off blindly.
Anotest also has an efficacious dose of LCLT (among other ingredients that I can't remember; I think rhodiola is in it but don't remember the dosage or extract). It's a good product. I'm sure that 79.99 price tag is just the MSRP, which no one actually sells it for (except the three-letter retail box store).

chris223

Awards
  • Established
Anotest also has an efficacious dose of LCLT (among other ingredients that I can't remember; I think rhodiola is in it but don't remember the dosage or extract). It's a good product. I'm sure that 79.99 price tag is just the MSRP, which no one actually sells it for (except the three-letter retail box store).
44.99 on Nutra, still overpriced at about 2.25 per serving, and I was wrong about the rhodiola, but still a nice product with real doses of DAA and LCLT. That GO product, though, is crap. A 3.6 gram serving size? How much creatine, beta alanine, taurine, citrulline and glutamine is in a 3.6 gram serving? Even if you double up (which it explicitly tells you NOT to do because it's so incredibly potent), you're still not likely to reach efficacious doses of any of those ingredients. Sorry to keep harping on this, but, man, BPI and all its subsidiaries are just horrible.