Thoughts on BPI

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post
    I disagree with both of these statements. As was stated earlier, MT has streamlined their products and begun showing the dosages of their ingredients, so it's actually much easier to tell what you're getting with them than in the past. BPI, however, sells nothing good. Nothing. BLOX may turn out to be okay if we ever get any data supporting SAAs, but everything else, including 1MR, is terrible.
    Well..... I disagree with you disagreeing! My feelings about MT are the same as how you feel about BPI. MT has NO stand-out, cutting-edge products, not even one, just more similar-looking, horrendously overpriced products. The fact that after all these years, MT FINALLY
    "began showing the dosages of their ingredients" is no badge of honor at all, seeing as how they have made millions off of NOT showing
    whats in their products.

    I really don't care for EITHER company, but at least BLOX and 1MR have some sort of following and positive rep
    for BPI, MT has NOTHING AT ALL! That, and the fact that MT is at every *** selling for absolutely OUTRAGEOUS prices kills it for
    me. I have used Blox from BPI and it absolutely helped my recovery.

    I don't think "hardcore rats" use either company's products much. When I REALLY started to get into working-out, I got away from the
    big "name brand" company's and started to get what works, and generally smaller, more progressive companies have the
    hard-core products that work. Like I said, every company has hits and misses, just have to know what your getting.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by zv3 View Post

    Well..... I disagree with you disagreeing! My feelings about MT are the same as how you feel about BPI. MT has NO stand-out, cutting-edge products, not even one, just more similar-looking, horrendously overpriced products. The fact that after all these years, MT FINALLY
    "began showing the dosages of their ingredients" is no badge of honor at all, seeing as how they have made millions off of NOT showing
    whats in their products.

    I really don't care for EITHER company, but at least BLOX and 1MR have some sort of following and positive rep
    for BPI, MT has NOTHING AT ALL! That, and the fact that MT is at every *** selling for absolutely OUTRAGEOUS prices kills it for
    me. I have used Blox from BPI and it absolutely helped my recovery.

    I don't think "hardcore rats" use either company's products much. When I REALLY started to get into working-out, I got away from the
    big "name brand" company's and started to get what works, and generally smaller, more progressive companies have the
    hard-core products that work. Like I said, every company has hits and misses, just have to know what your getting.
    Really not fair to say that BPI is the superior company (or that they're less ****ty) just because BLOX and 1MR have a "following" and a "positive rep" (not even sure what you mean by "positive rep", since despite the products' financial success, most knowledgable lifters won't go near the stuff). Nitrotech and Celltech have had a "following" for years, and to my knowledge novice lifters everywhere still gobble that crap up. You say they have no standout product, but I say their Anotest is superior to anything BPI offers (check the product, it's really not a bad formula). And what does BPI have that is "standout?" BLOX? You say it works for you and that's fine, but it's also anecdotal. Until we get some data to support the claims, it's probably folly to buy SAAs instead of BCAAs or EAAs. And if you're intimating that 1MR is a standout product, I'm calling shenanigans on you because 1MR is straight garbage.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post
    Really not fair to say that BPI is the superior company (or that they're less ****ty) just because BLOX and 1MR have a "following" and a "positive rep" (not even sure what you mean by "positive rep", since despite the products' financial success, most knowledgable lifters won't go near the stuff). Nitrotech and Celltech have had a "following" for years, and to my knowledge novice lifters everywhere still gobble that crap up. You say they have no standout product, but I say their Anotest is superior to anything BPI offers (check the product, it's really not a bad formula). And what does BPI have that is "standout?" BLOX? You say it works for you and that's fine, but it's also anecdotal. Until we get some data to support the claims, it's probably folly to buy SAAs instead of BCAAs or EAAs. And if you're intimating that 1MR is a standout product, I'm calling shenanigans on you because 1MR is straight garbage.
    I agree completely with you- 1mr is actually the product BPI sells for the name not the quality, if you look at it closely
    BPI's preworkout GO has all the quality. Quite simply know what your taking!!! Research and understand, who owns who and what ingredients go into each product your are buying don't buy a product because some one who has no idea what they are talking about redcommended it to you. Some companies are only out for the name to make the $$$$$ not to make you better.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post

    MuscleTech is actually halfway-decent these days. I don't know how their pricing is and I still wouldn't buy their product regardless, but they seem to have had a change in philosophy. No proprietary blends, actual efficacious doses of ingredients, and they've toned down their marketing significantly. I don't know what happened within that company, but it appears they've developed a desire to be respectable. .
    My wife saw some muscle tech test booster at Sam's club And I picked it up And was going to explain to her how stupidly bad their product is and explain prop blends to her (she doesn't care but she acts like she does sometimes because she loves me) and I turned the product over and said "see they only have 3G of DAA per serving... Wait, that's... Hold on, ok well bad example babe"...

    When did they decide to become a legit company with products that although are overpriced, may possibly work?
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Drizzie88 View Post

    My wife saw some muscle tech test booster at Sam's club And I picked it up And was going to explain to her how stupidly bad their product is and explain prop blends to her (she doesn't care but she acts like she does sometimes because she loves me) and I turned the product over and said "see they only have 3G of DAA per serving... Wait, that's... Hold on, ok well bad example babe"...

    When did they decide to become a legit company with products that although are overpriced, may possibly work?
    Their $9.99 DAA product might be their only good one lol. Its pure DAA, shouldn't pay more than that even with a good brand though. Seeing as the sell their "anotest" (DAA and Boron Citrate) for 79.99. Still ripping people off blindly.

  6. anyone else mistake this for a bps hate thread? i was about to defend bps lol

  7. What about the new 1mr? Is that any better than the original?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by michaelxfc5 View Post
    What about the new 1mr? Is that any better than the original?
    BPI's quality preworkout is the EXT GO

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Ice4534 View Post

    BPI's quality preworkout is the EXT GO
    Have you tried it before?

  10. Friend had me try 1MR after I had already gone through a couple of tubs of the original Jack3d. I asked him of it was some kind of joke. Never felt a thing on that garbage. 1 more rep my ass. Didn't even taste good. If you're gonna make trashy stuff, at least make it appealing to one of the senses.
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Friend had me try 1MR after I had already gone through a couple of tubs of the original Jack3d. I asked him of it was some kind of joke. Never felt a thing on that garbage. 1 more rep my ass. Didn't even taste good. If you're gonna make trashy stuff, at least make it appealing to one of the senses.
    Was it the new one?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by michaelxfc5 View Post

    Was it the new one?
    2010

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Ice4534 View Post

    Their $9.99 DAA product might be their only good one lol. Its pure DAA, shouldn't pay more than that even with a good brand though. Seeing as the sell their "anotest" (DAA and Boron Citrate) for 79.99. Still ripping people off blindly.
    Anotest also has an efficacious dose of LCLT (among other ingredients that I can't remember; I think rhodiola is in it but don't remember the dosage or extract). It's a good product. I'm sure that 79.99 price tag is just the MSRP, which no one actually sells it for (except the three-letter retail box store).

  14. Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post

    Anotest also has an efficacious dose of LCLT (among other ingredients that I can't remember; I think rhodiola is in it but don't remember the dosage or extract). It's a good product. I'm sure that 79.99 price tag is just the MSRP, which no one actually sells it for (except the three-letter retail box store).
    44.99 on Nutra, still overpriced at about 2.25 per serving, and I was wrong about the rhodiola, but still a nice product with real doses of DAA and LCLT. That GO product, though, is crap. A 3.6 gram serving size? How much creatine, beta alanine, taurine, citrulline and glutamine is in a 3.6 gram serving? Even if you double up (which it explicitly tells you NOT to do because it's so incredibly potent), you're still not likely to reach efficacious doses of any of those ingredients. Sorry to keep harping on this, but, man, BPI and all its subsidiaries are just horrible.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by michaelxfc5 View Post
    Have you tried it before?
    Yes, I also was informed by a BPI Rep that GO is the product they put the most quality in, I actually don't hate it, but I'm still not a BPI fan.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Thoughts on BPI'S A-HD
    By ShreddedT in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 11:20 PM
  2. Your guys thoughts on this
    By Kitchen Chemist in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 06:45 PM
  3. My Thoughts on Meth 1-T Cycles
    By Skark in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 02:10 PM
  4. thoughts on SU usage at 7 weeks out/9% bf
    By PecSicle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 02:45 AM
  5. Your thoughts on the Colorado Experiment
    By ex_banana-eater in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 08:38 PM
Log in
Log in