PQQ~ The heavy-hitter in my stack!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

PQQ~ The heavy-hitter in my stack!

I thought I'd share this amazing supplement. I've been using it on and off for about a year and I have to say that it is by far the most effective supplement I've taken with several different benefits. It's one of the most (if not the most) powerfull antioxidants discovered. Has the ability to generate new mitochondria, ATP, cellular energy production and generates nerve growth factor. Nothing has given me more mental clarity, improved cognition and mental energy, and has had this much of a nootropic effect as PQQ. Given its ability to generate so much cellular energy, this should be a staple to any bodybuilder, endurance athlete or for anyone wanting to "anti-age"

Generate Fresh Mitochondria with PQQ

Cheers~ freQ

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Do u take it alone or do you need synergists/co-factors?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Interested. I can always use a bit more energy.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

I might be wrong in this...but so far I have not seen successful research on PQQ, ON HEALTHY individuals. And after reading up a bit more (to understand better what a well-educated member said) I also think it can stimulate bacterial infection. That's just my take on it...yet I wanna learn more about it not only on theory but the anecdotal realm...

How has your dosage been? What have you noticed? Any chance of any sickness in the past when you have dosed PQQ?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I might be wrong in this...but so far I have not seen successful research on PQQ, ON HEALTHY individuals. And after reading up a bit more (to understand better what a well-educated member said) I also think it can stimulate bacterial infection. That's just my take on it...yet I wanna learn more about it not only on theory but the anecdotal realm...

How has your dosage been? What have you noticed? Any chance of any sickness in the past when you have dosed PQQ?
    That is what I have heard, too. I've had a conversation with Coop a couple weeks ago, and he is under the same impression, Cel.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

I take 20mg per day. I've noticed 0 negative side effects from it whatsoever. It's truly one of the few "universal" supplements I've found in terms of being anxiliotic, pro-cognition, antidepressant, energy & memory. The few breaks I've taken I've noticed a huge difference and upon taking a dose after some time off, it certainly turns on and enhances everything mentally.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

This. That's all I've seen as well. Chronic illnesses and such.
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dsohei View Post
    Do u take it alone or do you need synergists/co-factors?
    You can use it solo or stacked. I stacked it with Ubiquinol, Rhodiola Rosea (standardized to 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides), and Fish Oil. A blast!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  9. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    You can use it solo or stacked. I stacked it with Ubiquinol, Rhodiola Rosea (standardized to 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides), and Fish Oil. A blast!
    Imagine making a product that contains those ingredients dosed properly.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by squatting View Post
    Imagine making a product that contains those ingredients dosed properly.
    The costs associated with producing a product like that would probably not be to economically feasible unfortunately.
  11. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    The costs associated with producing a product like that would probably not be to economically feasible unfortunately.
    i know, that would be one expensive supplement.
  12. Registered User

i know, that would be one expensive supplement.
    But effective. And, therefore, worth it!
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  13. Banned

But effective. And, therefore, worth it!
    Then make it
  14. Registered User

Then make it
    I do not own a supplement company.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I'm pre-ordering then. lol

I'll need to try the PQQ solo first just to see.
  16. Registered User

I have heard a lot about on the positive side but wish it was cheaper. I know what stack with and so on but is it really worth the price Ike?
    doing my own thang!
  17. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    I have heard a lot about on the positive side but wish it was cheaper. I know what stack with and so on but is it really worth the price Ike?
    For me, every cent.
  18. Registered User

For me, every cent.
    what do you notice supplementing with it?
    doing my own thang!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

To me the most noticable effects are improved memory, word recall, creativity, anti anxiety and antidepressant, coordination, sounds are emended and music sounds amazing. I combine it with 200mg COQ10 and NADH with D-Ribose. Hands down AMAZING!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Ok, I'm sold. Already on 200 mg Ubiquinol.

Kinda sounds a little like the effects of idebenone, which I have used. I liked the noot effect and the energy, unfortunately after a week or sustained use it seemed to build up in my system an not let me sleep at all. Any sleep issues with PQQ? Admittedly, I seem to be super sensitive to this particular side. Many racetams and carnitines disrupt my sleep as well.
  21. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post

Kinda sounds a little like the effects of idebenone, which I have used. I liked the noot effect and the energy, unfortunately after a week or sustained use it seemed to build up in my system an not let me sleep at all. Any sleep issues with PQQ? Admittedly, I seem to be super sensitive to this particular side. Many racetams and carnitines disrupt my sleep as well.
    Anything that boosts your mitochondrial cell activity and dopamine function will usually make it harder for you to fall asleep as your body has more to spend before sleeping so to speak.
    doing my own thang!
  22. Registered User

Ok, things are getting a bit pseudo-sciency here. D-Ribose and NADH are worthless as supplements btw
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  23. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    Anything that boosts your mitochondrial cell activity and dopamine function will usually make it harder for you to fall asleep as your body has more to spend before sleeping so to speak.
    Improving mitochondrial efficiency won't affect sleep. Energy is still created on-demand only. Rate-limiting steps are still regulated by the same processes.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Ok, things are getting a bit pseudo-sciency here. D-Ribose and NADH are worthless as supplements btw
    The Coop has spoken

/bow
    Always willing to learn :D
  25. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by freqfly View Post
    Nothing has given me more mental clarity, improved cognition and mental energy, and has had this much of a nootropic effect as PQQ. Given its ability to generate so much cellular energy, this should be a staple to any bodybuilder, endurance athlete or for anyone wanting to "anti-age"

Cheers~ freQ
    100% placebo
  26. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lronFist View Post

100% placebo
    Sort of like versa1 ? Lololol
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Glad to see Coop did drop by, it was only a matter of time ! And Thanks for that IronFist!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

My sleep has actually improved since taking PQQ. I've always suffered from a bit of insomnia and within 30 minutes of dosing, I notice that I'm not anymore sedated but much more calm and clear headed which allows for an easier time to get to sleep; lack of a billion thoughts racing through my mind like I normally experience when trying to fall asleep.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

100% placebo
    I'm going with the notion that you've never taken it or haven't at effective doses ranging from 20-40mg. There is absolutely no placebo effect whatsoever. Having been on Adderall for almost 3 years, I've spent a lot of time and money educating myself on supplements/substances to provide neuroprotection, cardio protection and to enhance cognitive abilities which after some time Adderall can certainly take a toll on. Upon starting PQQ, my typing speed doubled, sleep requirements dropped, word recall, memory and focus all increased quite a bit. I'll admit that for a perfectly healthy individual, the effects may be more subtle. I, however, will admit that over the last 5 years I've put my brain and body through absolute hell. Suffered a huge loss a few years ago, dabbled into Extacy quite a few times along with some other substances to "cope" and excape. Needless to say I fell out of my true passion, bodybuilding. I've spent the last year of my life picking up the pieces of my life and finding my motivation for life again. Even this forum was at one time such a huge part of my life which I forgot about for a long time. Just being on here the last few weeks has done more for me than I can explain; actually establishing goals to get back into the sport again is huge to me. The memory enhancing effects of PQQ truly don't go unnoticed and in some cases, like mine, it's that very thing that can be the difference between one loosing all hope for life and remembering what brought pleasure, joy and motivation for life without just turning toward a substance.
  30. Banned

I'm going with the notion that you've never taken it or haven't at effective doses ranging from 20-40mg. There is absolutely no placebo effect whatsoever. Having been on Adderall for almost 3 years, I've spent a lot of time and money educating myself on supplements/substances to provide neuroprotection, cardio protection and to enhance cognitive abilities which after some time Adderall can certainly take a toll on. Upon starting PQQ, my typing speed doubled, sleep requirements dropped, word recall, memory and focus all increased quite a bit. I'll admit that for a perfectly healthy individual, the effects may be more subtle. I, however, will admit that over the last 5 years I've put my brain and body through absolute hell. Suffered a huge loss a few years ago, dabbled into Extacy quite a few times along with some other substances to "cope" and excape. Needless to say I fell out of my true passion, bodybuilding. I've spent the last year of my life picking up the pieces of my life and finding my motivation for life again. Even this forum was at one time such a huge part of my life which I forgot about for a long time. Just being on here the last few weeks has done more for me than I can explain; actually establishing goals to get back into the sport again is huge to me. The memory enhancing effects of PQQ truly don't go unnoticed and in some cases, like mine, it's that very thing that can be the difference between one loosing all hope for life and remembering what brought pleasure, joy and motivation for life without just turning toward a substance.
    I've taken mega-doses of PQQ, as has many other people on longecity/imminst, and no one has ever reported these "symptoms."

Placebo strikes again.
  31. Registered User

Any links to this stuff? Keen on reading more.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    Any links to this stuff? Keen on reading more.
    Pyrroloquinoline quinone: a novel vitamin?http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9810806

Potential physiological importance of pyrroloquinoline quinone.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19803551
    Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (PQQ) Prevents Cognitive Deficit Caused by Oxidative Stress in Rats.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18231627
    Effect of pyrroloquinoline quinone on neuropathic pain following chronic constriction injury of the sciatic nerve in rats.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23063836
    Pyrroloquinoline quinone enhances regeneration of transected sciatic nerve in rats.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16042869

Stimulation of nerve growth factor synthesis/secretion in mouse astroglial cells by coenzymes.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8401318
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

I've taken mega-doses of PQQ, as has many other people on longecity/imminst, and no one has ever reported these "symptoms."

Placebo strikes again.
    Quite the read, but I'm clearly not the only one

PQQ supplementation also improved sleep, leading to reduced negative
    mental states, relief of fatigue and rise of positive mood
    http://www.douglaslabs.com/pdf/trial...nd%20Sleep.pdf
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying they're useless. Apart from NADH stimulating tyrosine hydroxylase which is beneficial to me having been on Adderall for 3 years; many of my personal training clients who suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome have seen drastic improvement after supplementing with both NADH and D-Ribose.

Therapeutic effects of oral NADH on the symptoms of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10071523
    D-Ribose Supplementation in CFS
    http://www.seekinghealth.com/media/U...bromyalgia.pdf

Amphetamine-induced changes in dopamine receptors in early postnatal rat brain.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19145071
  35. Banned

Quite the read, but I'm clearly not the only one

PQQ supplementation also improved sleep, leading to reduced negative
    mental states, relief of fatigue and rise of positive mood
    douglaslabs. com/pdf/trials/H%202012%20-%20Effects%20of%20Oral%20Suppl ementation%20with%20PQQ%20on%2 0Stress,%20Fatigue,%20and%20Sl eep.pdf
    lol. This study did not even have a control group. Placebo much?
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

And does Longecity have a control group? Just sayin'. Seems like a little anecdote a anecdote action.
  37. Banned

And does Longecity have a control group? Just sayin'. Seems like a little anecdote a anecdote action.
    You don't need a control group for complete lack of effect. If I had said PQQ made me ill, then I could be suffering from negative placebo, or nocebo, and then I would require a control group. On the other hand, one would have to be exceptionally naive to believe that PQQ could produce the constellation of effects listed by the OP.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

You don't need a control group for complete lack of effect. If I had said PQQ made me ill, then I could be suffering from negative placebo, or nocebo, and then I would require a control group. On the other hand, one would have to be exceptionally naive to believe that PQQ could produce the constellation of effects listed by the OP.
    Just going off what I have experienced with this supplement brotha. I've spent more time and money than I dare to calculate on supplements and regimens in an attempt to repair the damage that I inflicted on my brain and body the last 4-5 years. Nothing has come close to having an overall effect as PQQ.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Just going off what I have experienced with this supplement brotha. I've spent more time and money than I dare to calculate on supplements and regimens in an attempt to repair the damage that I inflicted on my brain and body the last 4-5 years. Nothing has come close to having an overall effect as PQQ.
    I actually agree with you. You spent and unimaginable amount of money until you finally found the placebo that works best for your wallet, keep enjoying it bro. The point of all this is being happy and enjoying the lifestyle right?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

I actually agree with you. You spent and unimaginable amount of money until you finally found the placebo that works best for your wallet, keep enjoying it bro. The point of all this is being happy and enjoying the lifestyle right?
    I guess I don't understand the view point of it being 100% placebo when there's countless studies which back up it's various effects.

http://www.humanclinicals.org/PQQ.html
    http://www.luckyvitamin.com/skins%5C...E_PQQ_Caps.pdf

I just haven't came across one article, study or comparison that placebo outperformed PQQ on any measures of cognition or memory. I think everyone would agree that serious nerve pain is difficult to cure with placebo. Having suffered a fractured back and concussion from a skydiving accident, I've had pretty bad lower back and nerve pain ever since. Since starting PQQ the pain has gone from a daily 7-8 to a 1-2 out of 10. It's well documented that it stimulates NGF & I've noticed it's effects in that area big time. Hell, I don't want to start an argument with anyone, just wanted to share my experiences with anyone who may be in a similar situation who could benefit from it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 07:50 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 12:02 PM
  3. Triac, what the hell is in my old bottle?
    By wideguy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 12:26 PM