PQQ~ The heavy-hitter in my stack!

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I thought I'd share this amazing supplement. I've been using it on and off for about a year and I have to say that it is by far the most effective supplement I've taken with several different benefits. It's one of the most (if not the most) powerfull antioxidants discovered. Has the ability to generate new mitochondria, ATP, cellular energy production and generates nerve growth factor. Nothing has given me more mental clarity, improved cognition and mental energy, and has had this much of a nootropic effect as PQQ. Given its ability to generate so much cellular energy, this should be a staple to any bodybuilder, endurance athlete or for anyone wanting to "anti-age"

Generate Fresh Mitochondria with PQQ

Cheers~ freQ

dsohei

Awards
Do u take it alone or do you need synergists/co-factors?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Interested. I can always use a bit more energy.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I might be wrong in this...but so far I have not seen successful research on PQQ, ON HEALTHY individuals. And after reading up a bit more (to understand better what a well-educated member said) I also think it can stimulate bacterial infection. That's just my take on it...yet I wanna learn more about it not only on theory but the anecdotal realm...

How has your dosage been? What have you noticed? Any chance of any sickness in the past when you have dosed PQQ?

domore

Awards
I might be wrong in this...but so far I have not seen successful research on PQQ, ON HEALTHY individuals. And after reading up a bit more (to understand better what a well-educated member said) I also think it can stimulate bacterial infection. That's just my take on it...yet I wanna learn more about it not only on theory but the anecdotal realm...

How has your dosage been? What have you noticed? Any chance of any sickness in the past when you have dosed PQQ?
That is what I have heard, too. I've had a conversation with Coop a couple weeks ago, and he is under the same impression, Cel.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I take 20mg per day. I've noticed 0 negative side effects from it whatsoever. It's truly one of the few "universal" supplements I've found in terms of being anxiliotic, pro-cognition, antidepressant, energy & memory. The few breaks I've taken I've noticed a huge difference and upon taking a dose after some time off, it certainly turns on and enhances everything mentally.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This. That's all I've seen as well. Chronic illnesses and such.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do u take it alone or do you need synergists/co-factors?
You can use it solo or stacked. I stacked it with Ubiquinol, Rhodiola Rosea (standardized to 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides), and Fish Oil. A blast!

squatting

Banned
Awards
You can use it solo or stacked. I stacked it with Ubiquinol, Rhodiola Rosea (standardized to 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides), and Fish Oil. A blast!
Imagine making a product that contains those ingredients dosed properly.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Imagine making a product that contains those ingredients dosed properly.
The costs associated with producing a product like that would probably not be to economically feasible unfortunately.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm pre-ordering then. lol

I'll need to try the PQQ solo first just to see.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I have heard a lot about on the positive side but wish it was cheaper. I know what stack with and so on but is it really worth the price Ike?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have heard a lot about on the positive side but wish it was cheaper. I know what stack with and so on but is it really worth the price Ike?
For me, every cent.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
To me the most noticable effects are improved memory, word recall, creativity, anti anxiety and antidepressant, coordination, sounds are emended and music sounds amazing. I combine it with 200mg COQ10 and NADH with D-Ribose. Hands down AMAZING!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I'm sold. Already on 200 mg Ubiquinol.

Kinda sounds a little like the effects of idebenone, which I have used. I liked the noot effect and the energy, unfortunately after a week or sustained use it seemed to build up in my system an not let me sleep at all. Any sleep issues with PQQ? Admittedly, I seem to be super sensitive to this particular side. Many racetams and carnitines disrupt my sleep as well.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established

Kinda sounds a little like the effects of idebenone, which I have used. I liked the noot effect and the energy, unfortunately after a week or sustained use it seemed to build up in my system an not let me sleep at all. Any sleep issues with PQQ? Admittedly, I seem to be super sensitive to this particular side. Many racetams and carnitines disrupt my sleep as well.
Anything that boosts your mitochondrial cell activity and dopamine function will usually make it harder for you to fall asleep as your body has more to spend before sleeping so to speak.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ok, things are getting a bit pseudo-sciency here. D-Ribose and NADH are worthless as supplements btw

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Anything that boosts your mitochondrial cell activity and dopamine function will usually make it harder for you to fall asleep as your body has more to spend before sleeping so to speak.
Improving mitochondrial efficiency won't affect sleep. Energy is still created on-demand only. Rate-limiting steps are still regulated by the same processes.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Nothing has given me more mental clarity, improved cognition and mental energy, and has had this much of a nootropic effect as PQQ. Given its ability to generate so much cellular energy, this should be a staple to any bodybuilder, endurance athlete or for anyone wanting to "anti-age"

Cheers~ freQ
100% placebo

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Glad to see Coop did drop by, it was only a matter of time :D! And Thanks for that IronFist!

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established

My sleep has actually improved since taking PQQ. I've always suffered from a bit of insomnia and within 30 minutes of dosing, I notice that I'm not anymore sedated but much more calm and clear headed which allows for an easier time to get to sleep; lack of a billion thoughts racing through my mind like I normally experience when trying to fall asleep.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
100% placebo
I'm going with the notion that you've never taken it or haven't at effective doses ranging from 20-40mg. There is absolutely no placebo effect whatsoever. Having been on Adderall for almost 3 years, I've spent a lot of time and money educating myself on supplements/substances to provide neuroprotection, cardio protection and to enhance cognitive abilities which after some time Adderall can certainly take a toll on. Upon starting PQQ, my typing speed doubled, sleep requirements dropped, word recall, memory and focus all increased quite a bit. I'll admit that for a perfectly healthy individual, the effects may be more subtle. I, however, will admit that over the last 5 years I've put my brain and body through absolute hell. Suffered a huge loss a few years ago, dabbled into Extacy quite a few times along with some other substances to "cope" and excape. Needless to say I fell out of my true passion, bodybuilding. I've spent the last year of my life picking up the pieces of my life and finding my motivation for life again. Even this forum was at one time such a huge part of my life which I forgot about for a long time. Just being on here the last few weeks has done more for me than I can explain; actually establishing goals to get back into the sport again is huge to me. The memory enhancing effects of PQQ truly don't go unnoticed and in some cases, like mine, it's that very thing that can be the difference between one loosing all hope for life and remembering what brought pleasure, joy and motivation for life without just turning toward a substance.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
I'm going with the notion that you've never taken it or haven't at effective doses ranging from 20-40mg. There is absolutely no placebo effect whatsoever. Having been on Adderall for almost 3 years, I've spent a lot of time and money educating myself on supplements/substances to provide neuroprotection, cardio protection and to enhance cognitive abilities which after some time Adderall can certainly take a toll on. Upon starting PQQ, my typing speed doubled, sleep requirements dropped, word recall, memory and focus all increased quite a bit. I'll admit that for a perfectly healthy individual, the effects may be more subtle. I, however, will admit that over the last 5 years I've put my brain and body through absolute hell. Suffered a huge loss a few years ago, dabbled into Extacy quite a few times along with some other substances to "cope" and excape. Needless to say I fell out of my true passion, bodybuilding. I've spent the last year of my life picking up the pieces of my life and finding my motivation for life again. Even this forum was at one time such a huge part of my life which I forgot about for a long time. Just being on here the last few weeks has done more for me than I can explain; actually establishing goals to get back into the sport again is huge to me. The memory enhancing effects of PQQ truly don't go unnoticed and in some cases, like mine, it's that very thing that can be the difference between one loosing all hope for life and remembering what brought pleasure, joy and motivation for life without just turning toward a substance.
I've taken mega-doses of PQQ, as has many other people on longecity/imminst, and no one has ever reported these "symptoms."

Placebo strikes again.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any links to this stuff? Keen on reading more.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Any links to this stuff? Keen on reading more.
[h=1]Pyrroloquinoline quinone: a novel vitamin?http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9810806

Potential physiological importance of pyrroloquinoline quinone.[/h]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19803551
[h=1]Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (PQQ) Prevents Cognitive Deficit Caused by Oxidative Stress in Rats.[/h]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18231627
[h=1]Effect of pyrroloquinoline quinone on neuropathic pain following chronic constriction injury of the sciatic nerve in rats.[/h]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23063836
[h=1]Pyrroloquinoline quinone enhances regeneration of transected sciatic nerve in rats.[/h]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16042869

[h=1]Stimulation of nerve growth factor synthesis/secretion in mouse astroglial cells by coenzymes.[/h]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8401318

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Ok, things are getting a bit pseudo-sciency here. D-Ribose and NADH are worthless as supplements btw
I wouldn't go as far as saying they're useless. Apart from NADH stimulating tyrosine hydroxylase which is beneficial to me having been on Adderall for 3 years; many of my personal training clients who suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome have seen drastic improvement after supplementing with both NADH and D-Ribose.

[h=1]Therapeutic effects of oral NADH on the symptoms of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.[/h]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10071523
D-Ribose Supplementation in CFS
http://www.seekinghealth.com/media/Use of Ribose in CFS and Fibromyalgia.pdf

[h=1]Amphetamine-induced changes in dopamine receptors in early postnatal rat brain.[/h]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19145071

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Quite the read, but I'm clearly not the only one

PQQ supplementation also improved sleep, leading to reduced negative
mental states, relief of fatigue and rise of positive mood
douglaslabs. com/pdf/trials/H%202012%20-%20Effects%20of%20Oral%20Supplementation%20with%20PQQ%20on%20Stress,%20Fatigue,%20and%20Sleep.pdf
lol. This study did not even have a control group. Placebo much?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
And does Longecity have a control group? Just sayin'. Seems like a little anecdote a anecdote action.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
And does Longecity have a control group? Just sayin'. Seems like a little anecdote a anecdote action.
You don't need a control group for complete lack of effect. If I had said PQQ made me ill, then I could be suffering from negative placebo, or nocebo, and then I would require a control group. On the other hand, one would have to be exceptionally naive to believe that PQQ could produce the constellation of effects listed by the OP.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
You don't need a control group for complete lack of effect. If I had said PQQ made me ill, then I could be suffering from negative placebo, or nocebo, and then I would require a control group. On the other hand, one would have to be exceptionally naive to believe that PQQ could produce the constellation of effects listed by the OP.
Just going off what I have experienced with this supplement brotha. I've spent more time and money than I dare to calculate on supplements and regimens in an attempt to repair the damage that I inflicted on my brain and body the last 4-5 years. Nothing has come close to having an overall effect as PQQ.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Just going off what I have experienced with this supplement brotha. I've spent more time and money than I dare to calculate on supplements and regimens in an attempt to repair the damage that I inflicted on my brain and body the last 4-5 years. Nothing has come close to having an overall effect as PQQ.
I actually agree with you. You spent and unimaginable amount of money until you finally found the placebo that works best for your wallet, keep enjoying it bro. The point of all this is being happy and enjoying the lifestyle right?

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
I actually agree with you. You spent and unimaginable amount of money until you finally found the placebo that works best for your wallet, keep enjoying it bro. The point of all this is being happy and enjoying the lifestyle right?
I guess I don't understand the view point of it being 100% placebo when there's countless studies which back up it's various effects.

http://www.humanclinicals.org/PQQ.html
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/skins\Skin_1\Brochures/LE_PQQ_Caps.pdf

I just haven't came across one article, study or comparison that placebo outperformed PQQ on any measures of cognition or memory. I think everyone would agree that serious nerve pain is difficult to cure with placebo. Having suffered a fractured back and concussion from a skydiving accident, I've had pretty bad lower back and nerve pain ever since. Since starting PQQ the pain has gone from a daily 7-8 to a 1-2 out of 10. It's well documented that it stimulates NGF & I've noticed it's effects in that area big time. Hell, I don't want to start an argument with anyone, just wanted to share my experiences with anyone who may be in a similar situation who could benefit from it.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
I guess I don't understand the view point of it being 100% placebo when there's countless studies which back up it's various effects.

link 1
link 2

I just haven't came across one article, study or comparison that placebo outperformed PQQ on any measures of cognition or memory. I think everyone would agree that serious nerve pain is difficult to cure with placebo. Having suffered a fractured back and concussion from a skydiving accident, I've had pretty bad lower back and nerve pain ever since. Since starting PQQ the pain has gone from a daily 7-8 to a 1-2 out of 10. It's well documented that it stimulates NGF & I've noticed it's effects in that area big time. Hell, I don't want to start an argument with anyone, just wanted to share my experiences with anyone who may be in a similar situation who could benefit from it.
The first "study" you posted was published in the "journal" Food Style

Impact factor = 0

The second link is an advertisement.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
The first "study" you posted was published in the "journal" Food Style

Impact factor = 0

The second link is an advertisement.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8401318
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15915445
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9810806

If anyone does any of their own research on PQQ, they'll find more and more claims backing up what I've stated. Really not understanding the negativity. It's a supplement with benefits that have been proven over and over again. If you don't need it or find it's effects aren't what you're after, then great don't use it. I simply have no reason to lie about it, I don't sell it or have a biased opinion. I feel the effects I stated more than likely due to the damage I caused myself over the last few years; someone with an optimal neurological function going into may not feel a thing; but it's not the case with me.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
link 1
link 2
link 3

If anyone does any of their own research on PQQ, they'll find more and more claims backing up what I've stated. Really not understanding the negativity. It's a supplement with benefits that have been proven over and over again. If you don't need it or find it's effects aren't what you're after, then great don't use it. I simply have no reason to lie about it, I don't sell it or have a biased opinion. I feel the effects I stated more than likely due to the damage I caused myself over the last few years; someone with an optimal neurological function going into may not feel a thing; but it's not the case with me.
The first two links were performed in a test tube, and the third link is a review. PQQ is a very interesting compound and may be beneficial for people with mitochondrial insufficiencies, although it still cannot produce the effects you described in your original post. If anything, its effects would be gradual and subtle, not striking - and certainly not resembling anything you previously wrote.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
The first two links were performed in a test tube, and the third link is a review. PQQ is a very interesting compound and may be beneficial for people with mitochondrial insufficiencies, although it still cannot produce the effects you described in your original post. If anything, its effects would be gradual and subtle, not striking - and certainly not resembling anything you previously wrote.
I simply said it helps me with cognition, anxiety, mental clarity/energy; effects I've noticed since starting it. For me with major issues in those areas after a two year benzo addiction, the effects were quite striking. Though for someon else they may be more subtle.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
As with many compounds, sometimes there's only one real way to find out and that's to try it yourself. I'm giving it a whirl next week and will report on my experiences. I already take 200 mg Ubiquinol/day as a staple and notice the effects in terms of energy when I run out. If PQQ boosts this effect in a noticeable way, then I might add it to my staples. Cost being significant, the cost/benefit ratio needs to be significant in order to make the cut.

This may be more of a supp for those with mitochondrial issues or advanced age, but the literature is interesting.

underthesun

Awards
freqfly, thanks for enduring the barrage. I am going to try it, I have energy issues, I'll report if it does anything.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
On my second day of 20mg/day. Noticing some subtle increases in energy coupled with an almost eery sense of relaxation. Slept well last night. When not doing anything, I feel extra relaxed and zoned out but can snap back to attention quickly, read, write, process, and communicate well.

Cardio performance today had no real differences. Was distracted halfway through by "that guy" who bathes in cologne before coming to the gym, so I had to switch treadmills. Couldn't tune that out, but then I am normally in the zone yet testy at the gym (ie hate distractions).

Interesting and time will tell if its worth it. Might have to cycle on and off a few times to really pin it down as it is subtle.

Pet(e)

Awards
PQQ is amazing for mitochondrial health. I'm a big fan and use Cogni-Q from AOR - Advanced Orthomolecular Research. 20mg PQQ combined with 200mg CoQ10 just as shown in recent study to aid cognitive function in young adults.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PQQ is amazing for mitochondrial health. I'm a big fan and use Cogni-Q from AOR - Advanced Orthomolecular Research. 20mg PQQ combined with 200mg CoQ10 just as shown in recent study to aid cognitive function in young adults.
Im going to try that!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I already use 200 mg Ubiquinol, which I like a lot for energy/stamina/cardio health but so far it feels like the PQQ is giving it a little boost. I woke up this morning a lot faster than normal and my brain seems to be peppy already which is unusual as I am not a morning person.