PQQ~ The heavy-hitter in my stack! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

PQQ~ The heavy-hitter in my stack!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Banned

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by freqfly View Post
    I guess I don't understand the view point of it being 100% placebo when there's countless studies which back up it's various effects.

link 1
    link 2

I just haven't came across one article, study or comparison that placebo outperformed PQQ on any measures of cognition or memory. I think everyone would agree that serious nerve pain is difficult to cure with placebo. Having suffered a fractured back and concussion from a skydiving accident, I've had pretty bad lower back and nerve pain ever since. Since starting PQQ the pain has gone from a daily 7-8 to a 1-2 out of 10. It's well documented that it stimulates NGF & I've noticed it's effects in that area big time. Hell, I don't want to start an argument with anyone, just wanted to share my experiences with anyone who may be in a similar situation who could benefit from it.
    The first "study" you posted was published in the "journal" Food Style

Impact factor = 0

The second link is an advertisement.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lronFist View Post
    The first "study" you posted was published in the "journal" Food Style

Impact factor = 0

The second link is an advertisement.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8401318
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15915445
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9810806

If anyone does any of their own research on PQQ, they'll find more and more claims backing up what I've stated. Really not understanding the negativity. It's a supplement with benefits that have been proven over and over again. If you don't need it or find it's effects aren't what you're after, then great don't use it. I simply have no reason to lie about it, I don't sell it or have a biased opinion. I feel the effects I stated more than likely due to the damage I caused myself over the last few years; someone with an optimal neurological function going into may not feel a thing; but it's not the case with me.
  3. Banned

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by freqfly View Post
    link 1
    link 2
    link 3

If anyone does any of their own research on PQQ, they'll find more and more claims backing up what I've stated. Really not understanding the negativity. It's a supplement with benefits that have been proven over and over again. If you don't need it or find it's effects aren't what you're after, then great don't use it. I simply have no reason to lie about it, I don't sell it or have a biased opinion. I feel the effects I stated more than likely due to the damage I caused myself over the last few years; someone with an optimal neurological function going into may not feel a thing; but it's not the case with me.
    The first two links were performed in a test tube, and the third link is a review. PQQ is a very interesting compound and may be beneficial for people with mitochondrial insufficiencies, although it still cannot produce the effects you described in your original post. If anything, its effects would be gradual and subtle, not striking - and certainly not resembling anything you previously wrote.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lronFist View Post
    The first two links were performed in a test tube, and the third link is a review. PQQ is a very interesting compound and may be beneficial for people with mitochondrial insufficiencies, although it still cannot produce the effects you described in your original post. If anything, its effects would be gradual and subtle, not striking - and certainly not resembling anything you previously wrote.
    I simply said it helps me with cognition, anxiety, mental clarity/energy; effects I've noticed since starting it. For me with major issues in those areas after a two year benzo addiction, the effects were quite striking. Though for someon else they may be more subtle.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

As with many compounds, sometimes there's only one real way to find out and that's to try it yourself. I'm giving it a whirl next week and will report on my experiences. I already take 200 mg Ubiquinol/day as a staple and notice the effects in terms of energy when I run out. If PQQ boosts this effect in a noticeable way, then I might add it to my staples. Cost being significant, the cost/benefit ratio needs to be significant in order to make the cut.

This may be more of a supp for those with mitochondrial issues or advanced age, but the literature is interesting.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

freqfly, thanks for enduring the barrage. I am going to try it, I have energy issues, I'll report if it does anything.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

On my second day of 20mg/day. Noticing some subtle increases in energy coupled with an almost eery sense of relaxation. Slept well last night. When not doing anything, I feel extra relaxed and zoned out but can snap back to attention quickly, read, write, process, and communicate well.

Cardio performance today had no real differences. Was distracted halfway through by "that guy" who bathes in cologne before coming to the gym, so I had to switch treadmills. Couldn't tune that out, but then I am normally in the zone yet testy at the gym (ie hate distractions).

Interesting and time will tell if its worth it. Might have to cycle on and off a few times to really pin it down as it is subtle.
  8. New Member

Reputation Reputation

PQQ is amazing for mitochondrial health. I'm a big fan and use Cogni-Q from AOR - Advanced Orthomolecular Research. 20mg PQQ combined with 200mg CoQ10 just as shown in recent study to aid cognitive function in young adults.
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pet(e) View Post
    PQQ is amazing for mitochondrial health. I'm a big fan and use Cogni-Q from AOR - Advanced Orthomolecular Research. 20mg PQQ combined with 200mg CoQ10 just as shown in recent study to aid cognitive function in young adults.
    Im going to try that!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I already use 200 mg Ubiquinol, which I like a lot for energy/stamina/cardio health but so far it feels like the PQQ is giving it a little boost. I woke up this morning a lot faster than normal and my brain seems to be peppy already which is unusual as I am not a morning person.
  11. New Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    Im going to try that!

AOR is by far one of the best supplement companies around. The dosings of PQQ and CoQ10 are very good so the value is there. Take it with some EFA's like fish oil.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Is PQQ best absorbed on an empty stomach or better with fats?
  13. New Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    I believe it is water soluble so not really needed or improved with fats. I'm not sure if it really matters for PQQ either way, but seeing it is found in food and with some foods like sardines with EFA's, combined with the synergy inherent with CoQ10 combination, that is how I take mine most of the time.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Thanks. So far, I've been dosing on an empty stomach but will experiment.
  15. New Member

Reputation Reputation

Thanks. So far, I've been dosing on an empty stomach but will experiment.
    No problem. If you google you'll find lots of interesting info. It's quite promising alongside some other things like CoQ10, carnitine, lipoic acid and creatine.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Slept well and deeply the past 2 nights, which is unusual for me. My memory seems to have kicked it up a notch as I instantly recalled the 13 digit login for my daughter's daycare...something I have never done without having to look up.

Still feeling a decent boost in energy but will really put it to the test next week when I go back to work and manage environmental compliance at a very large solar plant..in CA..which means lots of stress, physical exertion, and a heavy requirement for attention to detail.

I seem to be recovering from workouts better than before PQQ.
  17. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pet(e) View Post
    Nice. I take 20mg (Bio)PQQ with 100mg CoQ10 Ubiquinol, both sourced from Life Extension. Solid, solid combo!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  18. Diamond Member

Slept well and deeply the past 2 nights, which is unusual for me. My memory seems to have kicked it up a notch as I instantly recalled the 13 digit login for my daughter's daycare...something I have never done without having to look up.

Still feeling a decent boost in energy but will really put it to the test next week when I go back to work and manage environmental compliance at a very large solar plant..in CA..which means lots of stress, physical exertion, and a heavy requirement for attention to detail.

I seem to be recovering from workouts better than before PQQ.
    Awesome. How many mgs of PQQ do you take daily?
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  19. Diamond Member

With or without food is fine. If I dose it with CoQ10 Ubiquinol, however, I prefer to take them with food/healthy fats.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Awesome. How many mgs of PQQ do you take daily?
    10mg on most days. Next time I order, I will get the 20mg caps and play around with bumping up the dose higher just to see how it feels.

Pretty cool supp for an older dude like me. Curious to use higher doses when I start running again in the spring summer. Would be nice to quickly build up mitochondria and endurance/stamina using this supp..if it truly works towards that end. If it did, then new endurance supps utilizing it would be warranted.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

Good to see some positive reports from PQQ so I'm not the only one praising it! Bioclinical Naturals PQQ-10 is similar to AOR but less expensive and actually more Coq10 as well. I've been steadily taking 20mg daily of PQQ and am going to add 100mg Ubiquinol & 100mg of Shilajit to get the same but better benefit as these combined products. And I feel you on the distractedness bioman; but I enjoy it as I can get stuck very easily on focusing on 1 thing unable to break away.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by underthesun View Post
    freqfly, thanks for enduring the barrage. I am going to try it, I have energy issues, I'll report if it does anything.
    Anytime! I'd suggest 20mg a day with 200-300mg of Coq10 for maximal results in terms of energy and cognition. At 10mg a day I could barely notice anything; but once bumping it up to 20mg I noticed all of the benefits it continues to offer.
  23. Diamond Member

I prefer CoQ10 Ubiquinol to standard CoQ10. That is why I take (Bio)PQQ with the former.
  24. Diamond Member

10mg on most days. Next time I order, I will get the 20mg caps and play around with bumping up the dose higher just to see how it feels.

Pretty cool supp for an older dude like me. Curious to use higher doses when I start running again in the spring summer. Would be nice to quickly build up mitochondria and endurance/stamina using this supp..if it truly works towards that end. If it did, then new endurance supps utilizing it would be warranted.
    Sounds good. I like the flexibility of the 10mg capsules, though. I take 2 x 1 sometimes, and 1 x 1 at other times. One can even go to 3 x 1 if required. The 20mg capsules do not offer this type of flexibility.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Thanks. I may just order a bigger bottle of the 10mg's and experiment with dosing that way. Even just 10mg/ day seems to do OK. Seem to be managing pretty well on 5-6 hours of sleep per day (I'm at work out in the desert of CA), but am craving a sleep-in day which I will not get until the 15th.

I stacked 10mg PQQ with picamilon yesterday and today and it feels like a good combo thus far. The weather and lack of sleep have kept me amotivational towards cardio ATM.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 07:50 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 12:02 PM
  3. Triac, what the hell is in my old bottle?
    By wideguy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 12:26 PM