versa 1 semi fasted

1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

versa 1 semi fasted

I saw in a thread where cooper69 dosed it in a fasted state. i tried this yesterday, although i wasnt fasted, i was well below my normal caloric intake before i worked out. man, does this stuff make me sweat!!!! anybody else experience this?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.

Yup. I experience a noticeable rise in body temperature most of the time. The strength of this effect usually depends on how empty my stomach is.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

Emptier stomach=more sweating?
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Emptier stomach=more sweating?
    In my experience, it usually does. The effect varies for me quite a bit, which might have something to do with what and when I've eaten prior.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.

As soon as mine comes in I'm going to try fasted cardio with it. I love getting a good sweat first thing in the morning.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

had a little more food in me today at the gym and experienced minimal sweating
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

This is a pretty interesting phenomenon to me. Any idea of what causes this fellas?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

This is a pretty interesting phenomenon to me. Any idea of what causes this fellas?
    The increased thermo response?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I saw in a thread where cooper69 dosed it in a fasted state. i tried this yesterday, although i wasnt fasted, i was well below my normal caloric intake before i worked out. man, does this stuff make me sweat!!!! anybody else experience this?
    I dosed fasted on non-workout days. Never noticed anything too crazy in that department but I'm usually a sweaty mess so I'm not the ideal person to ask.

Guess I'm saying, just bc you don't "feel" it, doesn't mean it isn't working.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    had a little more food in me today at the gym and experienced minimal sweating
    Lipolysis is blunted by carbohydrates consumption (well Insulin release)...

it makes sense...
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    Lipolysis is blunted by carbohydrates consumption (well Insulin release)...it makes sense...
    More specifically, AMP is high in a fasted state. and thermogenesis via the last step in oxidative phosphorylation is stimulated by an increase in AMP/fall in ATP at the level of phosphofructokinase-1. This same step is also stimulated by glucagon/epinephrine and inhibited by insulin vicariously through fructose-6-phosphate/fructose-2,6-bisphosphate.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

The increased thermo response?
    Yah. How more fasted=more thermo response. I understand the whole insulin/lipolysis situation. But lipolysis always correlate with sweating, does it?
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    Lipolysis is blunted by carbohydrates consumption (well Insulin release)...

it makes sense...
    Sure does. The greater the expression of macronutrients during exercise, the greater the inhibition of intra-exercise fat oxidation. In other words, in non-fasted training states, hormone sensitive lipase (HSL) activity is blunted, as intramyocellular triacylglycerol (IMTG) recruitment as an energy substrate during exercise is highly expressed during fasted, but not non-fasted, states.

In particular, intra-exercise degradation of IMTGs - [IMTGs are, by the way, accumulated as lipid droplets in skeletal-muscle cytoplasm in the vicinity of the mitochondria, the site for free fatty acid metabolism and release via hydrolysis] - is mediated by the enzyme HSL, a cyclic-AMP-mediated neutral triacylglycerol lipase that cleaves the first and second fatty acids from the glycerol backbone and constitutes the rate-limiting step in lipolysis/IMTG hydrolysis [as it cleaves fatty acids and is regulated by intramuscular (contraction) and extra-muscular (epinephrine) factors]. More specifically, in this initial step, the hormonal activation of adenylate cyclase triggers elevated cyclic AMP and cyclic-AMP-dependent protein kinase activity, stimulating the downstream phosphorylation and activation of HSL. Fatty acids released from IMTGs into the cytoplasm are transported to the outer mitochondrial membrane. In the outer mitochondrial membrane, these fatty acids are enzymatically converted to fatty acid carnitine via binding with CoA, are channeled across the mitochondrial membranes to be metabolized in the beta-oxidation pathway in the mitochondria, generating NADH, FADH2, and acetyl-CoA [ultimately metabolized in the tricarboxylic pathway to synthesize ATP via oxidative phosphorylation].
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Yah. How more fasted=more thermo response. I understand the whole insulin/lipolysis situation. But lipolysis always correlate with sweating, does it?
    To an extent. The absence in insulin amplifies the affects of almost everything. In some simple terms, whether it be your coffee black vs. cream & sugar. Alcohol on the rocks vs. a jack & coke (regular not diet) you feel the affects faster & "harder" when there's no insulin.

Add the fact you're coming from a faster state and its more intense. I notice the affects of coffee like its crack when I'm on a pure keto. One cup gets me running around at hyper speed.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. semi healthy fast food
    By charger71 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 12:49 PM
  2. Fast order from 1Fast400
    By CROWLER in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-03-2003, 09:24 PM
  3. fast acting PH's for shorter cycles