Whats the worst name you've seen a supplement named?

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Just a fun thread...

I was listening to the radio and a C0mplete Nutrition commercial came on and they were promoting a supplement called "MANCORE"... I literally used that as a joke a few weeks ago when someone asked me what I take! I said "MANCORE" bro it makes me more manlier than you could ever be. Get on my level.

So, what's the corniest name you guys have ever seen?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There is an entire line (right here on nutra) called side effect sports.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I just hate the companies that sell legal herbal test boosters naming their supplements after steroids. Like calling a supplement methyl test when its just tribulus.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I just hate the companies that sell legal herbal test boosters naming their supplements after steroids. Like calling a supplement methyl test when its just tribulus.
The worst are companies that make you have to open up chemspider and draw molecules only to find out the fancy nomenclature is arginine.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
The worst are companies that make you have to open up chemspider and draw molecules only to find out the fancy nomenclature is arginine.
Lol. I always think of those "Legal Steroids" in BB magazines. People actually spend $400.

Myokemist

Awards
Traditional Medicines Chocolate Smooth Move

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
remember the pre-workout that was called "Garbage"? I do.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This. A friend of mine bought ripped freak (which costs $50NZD for 28 days) which has all its ingrediants listed in chemical formula names (Caffiene, Green Tea Extract + Raspberry Ketones) to make it seem fancier.

The same products from you guys at SNS cost around $7.44 per month.

Makes me sick

Off topic but gotta vent somewhere haha

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For when I'm carbing up:

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
lol ya right

maybe I'll start a "Russian bear, C4, Crossfit" log
It's actually very good tasting lol, I never did the gallon but just 1 scoop at a time

Vitamin shoppe sells it for like 32$

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's actually very good tasting lol, I never did the gallon but just 1 scoop at a time

Vitamin shoppe sells it for like 32$
you can't be a Russian bear unless you throw it in a gallon of whole milk tho!!!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
remember the pre-workout that was called "Garbage"? I do.
yup me too

wow was unaware

an herb called methyl test???
i musta missed that one

there was a product out long ago, maybe 10yrs or so, called Orange Speedball..in fact may still be around today.

i know the play on the KIC was supposed to be catchy in GAKIC, but still :rolleyes:
CREAKIC as well..eish

i'm trying to think of some joe weider products from the 80s that were classic, but thought is eluding me right now..

Smilax was pretty silly - both the name and the ridiculous purported test-boosting benefits (which were non-existent)

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Side Effect Sports takes the cake. I notice that all of their reps on another forum quickly changed their signatures to SES since it didn't sound nearly as terrible.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Side Effect Sports takes the cake. I notice that all of their reps on another forum quickly changed their signatures to SES since it didn't sound nearly as terrible.
I laughed out loud when I saw that company the first time

tin gorilla

Awards
The Curse. Hands down worst name ever and a rubbish product. Complete with skull and flaming eyes on the label.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Was doing some browsing and found a BCAA supp called "Gear" lol

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Those fake steroids, like "D-Bawl" and "Trenabologne" (sandwhich). You know which ones I mean. The labels have barn yard animals on them.

"Forskolin" - always read it "foreskin"

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
You younger guys won't remember this, but what about this chocolate supplement that helped you lose weight:

It was pronounced AIDS and was marketed before HIV was talked about. It was sadly ironic - "Get ayds and lose weight".

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Extreme Annihilation....seriously, makes me think that taking it will cause me to freak the F out, tear my shirt off and start hurling my own feces at random people.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
BPI- anabolic elite with the red warning labels on the top that say anabolic.

And that new company called baddass nutrition

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
BPI- anabolic elite with the red warning labels on the top that say anabolic.

And that new company called baddass nutrition
BadAss Nutrition is taken? ****! I have to warn my investors we can't use that name now! I was gonna open my own supp company called B.A.N! :p

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
h-roid and halotest

wtf were they thinking aming pmag clones after hdrol? next thing will be an overdosed msten-dmz stack called "4-dhea"

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Bpi's anabolic elite with the red warning label on the top that says anabolic.

And that company called baddass nutrition.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
h-roid and halotest

wtf were they thinking aming pmag clones after hdrol? next thing will be an overdosed msten-dmz stack called "4-dhea"
They did just the opposite already. There was already a DHEA derivative out there called Halodrol MT. Gaspari made it after a PH ban... Good ****. I put on 20 lbs no sides! Right..........

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
They did just the opposite already. There was already a DHEA derivative out there called Halodrol MT. Gaspari made it after a PH ban... Good ****. I put on 20 lbs no sides! Right..........
great, great point

the Halodrol bastardizations by Gaspari get my vote over anything else, period
simply due to the fact that as you say once the steroid that it was got banned, they kept the name while changing the formula simply to keep sales rolling from ppl who didn't know the difference
(not to mention the archaic nomenclature they used originally to attempt to hide the fact it was a steroid)

not only once..not twice..not three or four times..
i think there were 5 or 6 versions Gaspari made of that product after it was no longer a steroid

bad, bad, bad

/thread

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MegaMass 2000 protein