total newbie to supplements, i've heard/read to buy eca + clen

nachumama

Awards
Hello all, sorry for the newbie question. I am going to start p90x and i would like to loose body fat. I need some supplements to help me out achieve my goal. I am controlling how much i eat and try to eat healthy. I've read to buy eca + clen whatever that means. Can someone suggest which eca + clen to buy to help my appetite and boost my metabolism so i can burn more body fat? I will search more in this forum so i can understand more about eca + clen. thank you so much for your help

chris223

Awards
  • Established
I've read to buy eca + clen whatever that means.
Whatever that means? Not to be insulting, but the above quoted sentence (which is not actually a sentence, but grammar isn't the issue here) is why you shouldn't be concerned with supplementation yet. If you don't know what it is or how it works, you shouldn't be buying it or using it. Stick around here on the AM forums, but go over to the training and nutrition sections, and see what you can soak up there for a bit. I get the feeling you probably aren't very solid in either of those areas yet. Make some progress through diet and training alone - that's where most of your progress will come from, anyway - and come back to supplements later on if necessary.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Whatever that means? Not to be insulting, but the above quoted sentence (which is not actually a sentence, but grammar isn't the issue here) is why you shouldn't be concerned with supplementation yet. If you don't know what it is or how it works, you shouldn't be buying it or using it. Stick around here on the AM forums, but go over to the training and nutrition sections, and see what you can soak up there for a bit. I get the feeling you probably aren't very solid in either of those areas yet. Make some progress through diet and training alone - that's where most of your progress will come from, anyway - and come back to supplements later on if necessary.
Second that ^^

nachumama

Awards
sad to say it but i agree. I just didn't want to admit that i can't use what everyone seems to be using.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Just get your diet down good and run the P90x. You will lose a good deal of bodyfat if you eat right and go thru the whole program. See where you can go, how your body reacts to diet and exercise first before turning to supplements. Use the money you would spend buying supps to buy healthy food to eat ;)

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't make the government take away anymore of my nice things

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
I almost commented in this in the middle of class before anyone did but I figured someone would jump in here eventually.

Before you even run anything:

1) proper training technique
2) proper diet and nutrition
3) know what you are putting in your body and how it will react (ie: if you have any cardiovascular issues, running ECA + Clen isn't a good idea)
4) slow and and research more and more

00S4Boy

Awards
Hello all, sorry for the newbie question. I am going to start p90x and i would like to loose body fat. I need some supplements to help me out achieve my goal. I am controlling how much i eat and try to eat healthy. I've read to buy eca + clen whatever that means. Can someone suggest which eca + clen to buy to help my appetite and boost my metabolism so i can burn more body fat? I will search more in this forum so i can understand more about eca + clen. thank you so much for your help

ECA and Clen are drugs, drugs r bad mmmkay.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
sad to say it but i agree. I just didn't want to admit that i can't use what everyone seems to be using.
Nothing sad about it. We're all beginners at some point.

And not all of us are using ECA and Clen, so don't feel bad about that, either.

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
Nothing sad about it. We're all beginners at some point.

And not all of us are using ECA and Clen, so don't feel bad about that, either.
So true Chris.

OP.... I've been lifting and training since i was 19. I'm nearly 25... And I'm just not running an MS/C/Y which is similar to an ECA stack but not as potent. I'd give yourself some time to let your body adjust to working out in general. And like someone else said these substances are drugs, not supps.

nachumama

Awards
thanks guys, p90x and nutrition it is. thanks for talking me out of getting those supplements. is hydroxycut something i can take? I have no health issues.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
thanks guys, p90x and nutrition it is. thanks for talking me out of getting those supplements. is hydroxycut something i can take? I have no health issues.
Good on ya for coming in here and asking questions before possibly hurting yourself.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you are better off starting with using nothing, adding coffee without sugar or creamer before a workout if/when you feel low energy first, then maybe adding something like hydroxycut after the coffee isn't enough. Most fat loss products derive a huge majority of their effect from caffeine energizing you. Some add other meaningful ingredients but overall its tough to be sure if you don't understand what the ingredients are and what their dosage should be. Your body will only lipolysize (fat cells releasing fatty acids into bloodstream) at a specific rate. And although there are some ingredients in some fat loss products that will enhance that, they don't enhance lipolysis by that much. So even if a product helps you lose more, losing past 2lbs a week at your size probably means you are losing muscle as well. Patience. You didn't get to 230lbs in 2 months, its ludicrous to think you should be at your target weight in 2 months (or fill in whatever the timespan you are trying to work with is)

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
you are better off starting with using nothing, adding coffee without sugar or creamer before a workout if/when you feel low energy first, then maybe adding something like hydroxycut after the coffee isn't enough. Most fat loss products derive a huge majority of their effect from caffeine energizing you. Some add other meaningful ingredients but overall its tough to be sure if you don't understand what the ingredients are and what their dosage should be. Your body will only lipolysize (fat cells releasing fatty acids into bloodstream) at a specific rate. And although there are some ingredients in some fat loss products that will enhance that, they don't enhance lipolysis by that much. So even if a product helps you lose more, losing past 2lbs a week at your size probably means you are losing muscle as well. Patience. You didn't get to 230lbs in 2 months, its ludicrous to think you should be at your target weight in 2 months (or fill in whatever the timespan you are trying to work with is)
^^ Well said!!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed with Easy. I'll also add to that:

What CAN increase the rate of lipolysis is you actually performing cardio. When I say cardio, I mean high-intensity aerobics which is defined by your heart rate equaling 80% of 220 - (Your AGE). So mine is around 155 bpm. Doing 80-90% of your VO2 max a few times per week actually increases mitochondria in your cells, allowing your body to become more efficient at metabolizing fat for energy. Tis why runners and high-intensity athletes stay so lean, you see.

Do the same. If you lack energy, go and purchase some Crystal Light Energy packets. They taste awesome, are cheap, and provide 120mg caffeine per pouch! Aim for 1lb per week. Keep your calories high and just add more cardio to accelerate fat loss. This prevents muscle wasting since your calories are still high. I promise it works. Very anti-soccer mom approach, I know, but it's the gospel of bodybuilding.