Need Help

Jwalker7

Awards
Hey guys, I'm new to this thing and just need some opinions/thoughts
Im 17 and a junior in Highschool, I've been working out for a little over 2 years now. I play baseball and hopefully will be in college. but to the point, I'm just wondering what extra "supplements" I could take. I'm not looking to take steroids, I just came here because I know you guys know your stuff. As of now, all I have taken supplement wise is Preworkout, either jack3D or C4, and whey protein. what else would be good for me to test out to help my gains???

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Fish oil
Whey
Multi
Creatine (imo SNS MCC is best around)
Pwo wise you don't need stims but if you insist I'd go with something light... ConDense for pumps and endurance.
Focus XT is great as well.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hey guys, I'm new to this thing and just need some opinions/thoughts
Im 17 and a junior in Highschool, I've been working out for a little over 2 years now. I play baseball and hopefully will be in college. but to the point, I'm just wondering what extra "supplements" I could take. I'm not looking to take steroids, I just came here because I know you guys know your stuff. As of now, all I have taken supplement wise is Preworkout, either jack3D or C4, and whey protein. what else would be good for me to test out to help my gains???
Your Supplement:
-Food

Your Anabolic:
-Sleep

Tie it all together with proper training and bingo, gains. At 17 you still shouldn't be on supplements that all companies have labeled as: 18 and over.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We can't and don't encourage the use of supplements at 17.

That being said - limit drinking, get your diet on point, sleep a lot (tell your parents you're growing (not smoking weed), eat! Workout, eat, sleep... See the trend?

I took creatine when I was 17 and couldn't even tell the difference. Save your money and use it to take a hot chick out. Stare at her booty and raise natural test ;)

Boom problem solved!

- Valdez

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards

That being said - limit drinking, get your diet on point, sleep a lot (tell your parents you're growing (not smoking weed), eat! Workout, eat, sleep... See the trend?

I took creatine when I was 17 and couldn't even tell the difference. Save your money and use it to take a hot chick out. Stare at her booty and raise natural test ;)

Boom problem solved!

- Valdez
This was actually 100%

I still stand by health supps at any age tho

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established

Boom problem solved!

- Valdez
This^^^^^. Do more research, get some anatomy and weightlifting books. Learn how the body works and what each muscle does, how it contracts and the movements involved. Read up on nutrition, learn what is in the foods you eat and create a meal plan yourself.

Supplements aren't going to help you at your level. Most supps we take are meant to compensate where we are lacking. Pre workouts for energy because we work long jobs. Natural test boosters because we are older and our test levels have dropped. Pump enhancers like agmatine or AAKG because I like the feeling of a pump ( you probably don't have enough muscle to feel a real pump so these are a waste for you)

If you get your diet/ workout/ recovery in check and things still aren't progressing. Then come back and ask some questions.

I suggest you spend more time in the training/ nutrition/ exercise science section and less in the supplements / ansbolics section.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
This was actually 100%

I still stand by health supps at any age tho
With the rate of obesity and malnutrition in the US I actually think a standard Multi might be good for teenagers living at their parents house sometimes. Aside of that Fish Oil can do him some good...like you said general health stuff should help him in overall wellbeing specially if he has no direct control on the family menu.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
With the rate of obesity and malnutrition in the US I actually think a standard Multi might be good for teenagers living at their parents house sometimes. Aside of that Fish Oil can do him some good...like you said general health stuff should help him in overall wellbeing specially if he has no direct control on the family menu.
Agreed... Other supps can stay aside for now. As a rep I cannot support his actions. Health supps and food ftw

Jwalker7

Awards
The only reason I need a Preworkout is because I get 4 hours a sleep of night because of the ridiculous amount of work I have. I need that extra juice I feel

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
The only reason I need a Preworkout is because I get 4 hours a sleep of night because of the ridiculous amount of work I have. I need that extra juice I feel
Ok there's your problem right there. To build muscle you need 3 things... Training, Nutrition and SLEEP! Tripod... Without one of those legs it all falls

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Not even a professional lifter NEEDS a supplement little buddy. Don't get that mindset at such a young age please.

If waking up is a problem, a good old coffee will suffice your young needs. Aside from that, 4 hours of sleep is never gonna grant enough rest to recover from a well executed workout, let alone recovery from a taxing job day by day...

Jwalker7

Awards
of course I realize I don't NEED the supplement, but I want it so I can feel a little bit more energized. I like to give it my all in the gym, and that's hard when you're tired

Jwalker7

Awards
and the sleep part is uncontrolled in my situation. in order to get good grades I need to sacrifice that's sleep.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
and the sleep part is uncontrolled in my situation. in order to get good grades I need to sacrifice that's sleep.
We hear you but your gonna have a hard time bro :-(

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lifted at 17...mostly bicep curls and squats and bench lol and then always went and ate a large coke plus 3 mc chickens haha the good ole days!!!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sleeps over rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Sleeps over rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
Just crack out on DMAA 24/7 ;)

Nah for real though, get in more sleep. Cut back on study to allow for more sleep. Late night study sessions should be reserved for cramming, not everyday. Sleep helps your mind debug and will allow for greater cognitive function the next day. Don't underestimate the importance of a goods night sleep.