What did you feel when using L-DOPA/mucuna?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.
    Answers

I slept like a baby when I took it, I still take it!

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

So brain region, intensity of dopamine spikes, and halflife of dopaminergic drugs doesn't matter? Then I guess we better stop using methadone in opioid withdrawal treatment.
    Believe me when I say that being from baltimore, also known as "heroin city" the methadone clinics are not alleviating the addictions. Its just settling for natty light when there's no bud light around. But this thread has gone WAAAAAYYYY off topic. I was wrong about the L-dopa, just exposing a personal fear of mine that had no relevance. Now please back to the LEVODOPA.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  212 lbs.
    Answers

I've used Endosurge and Now dopa macuna and get a noticable increase in libido and a mild increase in overall well being. I've always stacked it with DAA so I'm not sure how it would do on its own. Not trying to thread jack but does anyone know the half life for it. I've read 2-3hrs and 6hrs.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Don't know, as I always just followed the directions of 6pills split into 3 times a day for Endo.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aluchez View Post
    Believe me when I say that being from baltimore, also known as "heroin city" the methadone clinics are not alleviating the addictions. Its just settling for natty light when there's no bud light around. But this thread has gone WAAAAAYYYY off topic. I was wrong about the L-dopa, just exposing a personal fear of mine that had no relevance. Now please back to the LEVODOPA.
    You clearly don't understand how methadone works. You cannot get high off the dose of methadone used in the clinics. You are getting liquid-methadone from clinics confused with pill methadone prescribed by pain management centers. The thread is not off topic at all, and the analogy is very relevant. Heroin creates a supraphysiological surge of DA in the nucleus accumbens in a brief window of time. Methadone has a much, much longer half-life, and the "trickling" effect of dopamine (less released per unit time) creates a very different perceived physiological response. In this manner, L-dopa is not comparable to any illicit drugs and cannot be rooted out as a cause for schizophrenia. Got it?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Banned
    Answers

I love the stuff.

Inhibit-P ftw
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by squatting View Post
    I love the stuff.

Inhibit-P ftw
    Thanks sir we Love it too!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aluchez View Post
    Methadone is crap for curing addiction.

BELIEVE ME,I KNOW>

So you`re spot on,it`s just a substitute.

As for levodopa....

I keep reading how some Parkinson`s patients develop schizo after years on levodopa.

I wouldn`t rule it un-harmful.

It`s practically a med,obtainable as supplement.

Guess I`m just gonna have to order a bottle and see for myslef.
    One bottle shouldn`t **** my brain up.

I`m really liking the libido part everyone keeps mentioning.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    Methadone is crap for curing addiction.

BELIEVE ME,I KNOW>

So you`re spot on,it`s just a substitute.

As for levodopa....

I keep reading how some Parkinson`s patients develop schizo after years on levodopa.

I wouldn`t rule it un-harmful.

It`s practically a med,obtainable as supplement.

Guess I`m just gonna have to order a bottle and see for myslef.
    One bottle shouldn`t **** my brain up.

I`m really liking the libido part everyone keeps mentioning.
    Hey dude thanks for having my back, try DRIVE from App Nut for libido. It works wonders in the libido department. Im on it myself.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

This is what wiki says about l-dopa sides:

The side effects of L-DOPA may include, but not limited to:

Hypotension, especially if the dosage is too high
    Arrhythmias, although these are uncommon
    Nausea, which is often reduced by taking the drug with food, although protein interferes with drug absorption
    Gastrointestinal bleeding
    Disturbed respiration, which is not always harmful, and can actually benefit patients with upper airway obstruction
    Hair loss
    Disorientation and confusion
    Extreme emotional states, particularly anxiety, but also excessive libido
    Vivid dreams and/or insomnia
    Auditory and/or visual hallucinations
    Effects on learning; there is some evidence that it improves working memory, while impairing other complex functions
    Somnolence and narcolepsy
    A condition similar to stimulant psychosis

Although there are many adverse effects associated with L-DOPA, in particular psychiatric ones, it has fewer than other antiparkinsonian agents, such as anticholinergics and dopamine receptor agonists.

More serious are the effects of chronic levodopa administration in the treatment of Parkinson disease, which include:
    End-of-dose deterioration of function
    On/off oscillations
    Freezing during movement
    Dose failure (drug resistance)
    Dyskinesia at peak dose (levodopa-induced dyskinesia)
    Possible serotonin depletion: Recent studies have demonstrated that use of L-DOPA without simultaneously giving proper levels of serotonin precursors depletes serotonin[citation needed]
    Possible dopamine dysregulation: The long-term use of L-DOPA in Parkinson's Disease has been linked to the so-called dopamine dysregulation syndrome

It is after all,wiki,but nevertheless...

WEBMD:
    A powdered preparation of cowhage called HP-200 seems to be safe for most people. The most common side effects include nausea and a sensation of abdominal bloating. Less common side effects include vomiting, abnormal body movements, and insomnia.

Side effects of other cowhage preparations include headache, pounding heartbeat, and symptoms of psychosis including confusion, agitation, hallucinations, and delusions.

The hair of the cowhage bean pod is a strong irritant and can cause severe itching, burning, and swelling if it is taken by mouth or applied to the skin.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Answers

So does taking L-Dopa actually make people sleepy? If so, why is this? Is it not a good idea to take an L-Dopa supplement in the morning and drive to school, work, etc.?
  12. Registered User
    Answers

I had bloods done while taking IGF-2 and my SHBG was elevated and IGF-1 and free test was down. I get bloods often due to anti-aging endo I see, but I do not take test or hgh . . . yet, but will when my natural levels decline. 45 now and IGF-1 is generally in 290+ range and TTest around 590 to 600. My IGF-1 dropped to like 200 and my SHBG almost double after taking IGF-2. Could be other factors at play, could be just my body. I posted results on App Nut section back when bloods came back.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 75
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 09:43 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 07:29 PM
  3. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 11:05 PM
  4. SO...What did you think of the new Star Wars??
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 02:13 PM
  5. what should you feel while on t-3?
    By s.norman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 10:43 PM