Some help with PLCAR + ALCAR + Na-R-ALA dosing/timing, etc.

  1. New Member
    doggy_dog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    49223
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%

    Some help with PLCAR + ALCAR + Na-R-ALA dosing/timing, etc.


    I've read so many threads and articles on these the last little while that my head is hurting. (maybe read too much)

    Is 300mg of Na-R-ALA per day enough?
    If I almost never have breakfast, does it make more sense to just take it at dinner? (since it's the highest carb meal)

    Should I take PLCAR + ALCAR at the same time first thing in the morning (1g + 2g) or split the dosages?
    Should I even be taking both PLCAR + ALCAR or do separate cycles?

    Input will be much appreciated.

  2. New Member
    doggy_dog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    49223
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%

    bump

    Anyone?
  3. Senior Member
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,372
    Rep Power
    1450174
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    92.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by doggy_dog View Post
    I've read so many threads and articles on these the last little while that my head is hurting. (maybe read too much)

    Is 300mg of Na-R-ALA per day enough?
    If I almost never have breakfast, does it make more sense to just take it at dinner? (since it's the highest carb meal)

    Should I take PLCAR + ALCAR at the same time first thing in the morning (1g + 2g) or split the dosages?
    Should I even be taking both PLCAR + ALCAR or do separate cycles?

    Input will be much appreciated.
    300mg of Na-R-ALA is enough for sure. I would save it for pre-dinner (~15 minutes prior).

    This is just my personal opinion, but I would take the ALCAR first thing in the AM, and save PLCAR for pre-workout.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    doggy_dog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    49223
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%

    ^ Thanks, man.

    That's kind of what I had in mind.
  5. New Member
    doggy_dog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    49223
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%

    Got another question.
    What polymerization issues would be found with these 3 substances?
    Would it be best to take all of them separate from each other?

    I've heard mixed things between ALCAR & PLCAR and I've also read to avoid taking ALCAR and Na-R-Ala together. (but if that's the case would it be the same for PLCAR and Na-R-Ala)

    Thanks
  6. Senior Member
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,372
    Rep Power
    1450174
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    92.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Maybe Coop will chime in, but just don't dose the Na-R-ALA at the same time as ALCAR (i.e, dumping both powders into a cup of water and consuming).
  7. Advanced Member
    xhrr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    738
    Rep Power
    620767
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    61.05%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    How do you dose the ala does a scoop come with the bulk powder?
  8. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428708
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Maybe Coop will chime in, but just don't dose the Na-R-ALA at the same time as ALCAR (i.e, dumping both powders into a cup of water and consuming).
    Actually quite the opposite...dose them at the same time if:

    -300mg Na-R-Ala in powder + 1-2g ALCAR capped

    If not dose the na-r-ala at the same time as the alcar still, just don't mix them together. My preference is to dose like this:

    -300mg Na-R-Ala + 2g ALCAR some 15 minutes later (both on an empty stomach) prior to High Carb Meal (some 15 mins prior to it).

    PLCAR I like it dosed 1-2g pre-workout on an empty stomach though. You could also do:

    -300mg Na-R-Ala +1g ALCAR + 1g PLCAR.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  9. Senior Member
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,372
    Rep Power
    1450174
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    92.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Actually quite the opposite...dose them at the same time if:

    -300mg Na-R-Ala in powder + 1-2g ALCAR capped

    If not dose the na-r-ala at the same time as the alcar still, just don't mix them together. My preference is to dose like this:

    -300mg Na-R-Ala + 2g ALCAR some 15 minutes later (both on an empty stomach) prior to High Carb Meal (some 15 mins prior to it).

    PLCAR I like it dosed 1-2g pre-workout on an empty stomach though. You could also do:

    -300mg Na-R-Ala +1g ALCAR + 1g PLCAR.
    Regardless, it won't make a significant difference. 2g ALCAR + 1g PLCAR won't cause such a spike in oxidative stress where Na-R-ALA would be deemed "necessary".
  10. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428708
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Regardless, it won't make a significant difference. 2g ALCAR + 1g PLCAR won't cause such a spike in oxidative stress where Na-R-ALA would be deemed "necessary".
    Hm I don't get what it is not necessary for? What are you trying to debate here...?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  11. Senior Member
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,372
    Rep Power
    1450174
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    92.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Hm I don't get what it is not necessary for? What are you trying to debate here...?
    Oops, meant to put "anyways" at the end of my post. To clarify, I meant the timing of the Na-R-ALA alongside ALCAR isn't significant. Then, I meant to say that the 3g of combined carnitine forms won't cause such an increase in oxidative stress as to where Na-R-ALA is a necessary addition.
  12. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428708
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Oops, meant to put "anyways" at the end of my post. To clarify, I meant the timing of the Na-R-ALA alongside ALCAR isn't significant. Then, I meant to say that the 3g of combined carnitine forms won't cause such an increase in oxidative stress as to where Na-R-ALA is a necessary addition.
    To my understanding the intend for it is to maximize AMPK signaling, and act as a GDA. The Na-R-Ala will help the absorption and benefit of ALCAR on aMPK signaling...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  13. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,528
    Rep Power
    6118950
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    70.73%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Data demonstrates that Na-RLA appears to synergize with ALCAR in mitochondrial aging models. That's why you take them together.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  14. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,745
    Rep Power
    2154354
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Data demonstrates that Na-RLA appears to synergize with ALCAR in mitochondrial aging models. That's why you take them together.
    I don't know about that fancy Na-R-ALA but I had success years back (before Na-r-ala was readily available) when dosing 600mg ALA + 1AP + 1gr ALCAR before AM cardio.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  15. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,528
    Rep Power
    6118950
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    70.73%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I don't know about that fancy Na-R-ALA but I had success years back (before Na-r-ala was readily available) when dosing 600mg ALA + 1AP + 1gr ALCAR before AM cardio.
    It intuitively makes sense due to heavy AMPK activation during a fasted state. You'd do even better with Na-R-ALA and 2g ALCAR
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  16. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,745
    Rep Power
    2154354
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    It intuitively makes sense due to heavy AMPK activation during a fasted state. You'd do even better with Na-R-ALA and 2g ALCAR
    You and your crazy na-r-ala talk has peaked my interest. Thanks for the heads up, boss
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  17. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428708
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    It intuitively makes sense due to heavy AMPK activation during a fasted state. You'd do even better with Na-R-ALA and 2g ALCAR
    Celly said that too.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  18. New Member
    doggy_dog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    49223
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by xhrr View Post
    How do you dose the ala does a scoop come with the bulk powder?
    Yes. I got the bulk powder from NutrPlanet and it comes with a 150g scoop.
    I just took it with water. Tasted like crap but not too bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Data demonstrates that Na-RLA appears to synergize with ALCAR in mitochondrial aging models. That's why you take them together.
    When you say together do you mean that literally or to follow Celorza's advice regarding dosing them a bit apart if both are in powder form?
  19. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,528
    Rep Power
    6118950
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    70.73%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by doggy_dog View Post
    Yes. I got the bulk powder from NutrPlanet and it comes with a 150g scoop.
    I just took it with water. Tasted like crap but not too bad.



    When you say together do you mean that literally or to follow Celorza's advice regarding dosing them a bit apart if both are in powder form?
    If they're both powders, consume one after the other, or don't mix them in the same cup.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,062
    Rep Power
    5129324
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    92.25%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Re: Some help with PLCAR + ALCAR + Na-R-ALA dosing/timing, etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    You and your crazy na-r-ala talk has peaked my interest. Thanks for the heads up, boss
    I'll give you a heads up this time lol...

    PLCAR is on sale at the planet that and Citrulline Malate. Now you can't say I didn't remind you, oh and grab some creatine. What else did you forget last time?!

    - Valdez
    ~Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~

    AnabolicMinds.com Site Rep
  21. New Member
    doggy_dog's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    49223
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%

    Heads up to anyone thinking of getting or who already has bulk Na-R-ALA.
    Don't "chase" it down with water or juice.

    I just did that and it was a big mistake. Holy ****, that was nasty.
    The taste is pretty bad and it leaves a thick coating in your mouth. And no matter how much I drank after the fact I could still taste it.
    Would be better to mix or cap, IMO.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,745
    Rep Power
    2154354
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

    I'll give you a heads up this time lol...

    PLCAR is on sale at the planet that and Citrulline Malate. Now you can't say I didn't remind you, oh and grab some creatine. What else did you forget last time?!

    - Valdez
    Lmao!!! It was COP (which I still haven't picked up) buuuut Cit malate, PLCAR & COP have been but in the cart & book marked! Thanks boss man, reps coming
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 11:05 PM
  2. ok guys i need some help with cutting....
    By good_guye28 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 05:28 PM
  3. Need some help with items for a care package
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 10:23 AM
  4. need some help with WinMX
    By Matt T in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2003, 07:10 PM
  5. Need some help with tight hamstrings
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-2002, 07:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in