Best protein

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Looking for a new protein to try. What would you guys recommend? Best taste, best price, most protein, etc?

Thanks

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've tried that red velvet it is delicious. I have yet to try ON though!
I've always used ON. Some people don't like it but I've never had any issues and its a quality product. Can normally be had for a good price as well.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
I have used ON a lot and think its a good protein, but have been getting into more of the blends. Little thicker and keeps me fuller longer. Many companies have blends such as dymatize. First thing i look at is the types of proteins that are in the product and make sure the macros are low.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I have used ON a lot and think its a good protein, but have been getting into more of the blends. Little thicker and keeps me fuller longer. Many companies have blends such as dymatize. First thing i look at is the types of proteins that are in the product and make sure the macros are low.
Cool ill definitely make sure to check that out!

ShockTroop

ShockTroop

Banned
Awards
Best Tasting:

Ronnie Coleman Pro-Antium. (30g/Scoop)
Syntha-6 Isolate (23g/Scoop)

Best Profile:

Gaspari IntraPro
Dymatize Iso-100
Gaspari MyoFusion Probiotic Enhanced

Best Value:

ON 100% Whey
Dymatize Whey Iso

rippedbrah

rippedbrah

Awards
Pronom23 is outstanding vanilla cupcake batter or chocolate cupcake batter can't go wrong !

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been buying the Flurry protein from NP since its been so cheap lately. I stocked up on 4 tubs

cookies and cream tastes like real cookies and cream and has real Oreo in it

vanilla ice cream tastes like your drinking melted ice cream

banana is good, haven't opened strawberry yet

will be buying more to tonight

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Yea i see the pronom and flurry on nutraplanet

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Profile and taste:
-XF Ultra Peptide 2.0

Taste of glory:
-iForce Protean.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hm add in to the good flavors NLA Recover-D , their flavor is just amazing too.

da_tank55

da_tank55

Awards
My preference is Dymatize protein. I use Elite whey iso, elite xt, and fusion 7. I like the blends as well. Plus I get elite whey iso from my local drug emporium for like 15 bucks.

MMGtheSERB

Awards
myotein but if you cant afford it I would go with syntha 6
I use myotein/syntha 6 for my protein and I use cellmass as my creatine

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i ponder why ppl seem to think syntha-6 is a 'good' protein..
they must confuse 'good taste' with 'quality ingredients'.
when maltodextrin is the #1 ingredient after protein, that is all i need to see to run away..

:run:

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Do you want the absolute purest, best possible protein, or do you just care about taste?? If you want the best protein I'd definitely go with Now Whey Protein Isolate. It is the absolute purest Isolate you can get and the easiest to digest. It also has no artificial sweeteners, dyes, or artificial flavors. Taste is ok but not the best. However, it is one of the best deals for Isolate out there provided you get the 5 or 10lb tub. For taste I've always liked Optimum Nutrition Natural 100% Whey Gold Standard Chocolate, but the now is a much better quality whey.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Do you want the absolute purest, best possible protein, or do you just care about taste?? If you want the best protein I'd definitely go with Now Whey Protein Isolate. It is the absolute purest Isolate you can get and the easiest to digest.
orly

you have much to learn, young grasshopper.

but - do tell me:
why is it that you say NOW has the purest, bestest isolate in existence????

please educate us.

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
I've been buying the Flurry protein from NP since its been so cheap lately. I stocked up on 4 tubs

The strawberry is my fav

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was thinking of picking a container or 2 of the Flurry protein myself but I have been reading
some bad reviews about the quality, mixability, and taste in the Nutraplanet review section.
Has anyone else tried this protein and if so what were your thoughts about it ?

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
orly

you have much to learn, young grasshopper.

but - do tell me:
why is it that you say NOW has the purest, bestest isolate in existence????

please educate us.
I could give you the long version or the short version. Since it's late ill go with the short version. There are 3 different isolates you find in powdered form, ISO, Microfiltered and UltraFiltered. The purest and highest amount of protein per weight is Microfiltered. Microfiltered is also approved for even the most sensitive of lactose intolerant people since the process removes every single minutiae amount of anything besides pure protein. Obviously there are probably others that use the same type of isolate, but the NOW is by far the cheapest.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Physique workout maximizer hands down taste the best and had a great carb protein ratio.

Billy Bickle

Awards
Isoflex by allmax nutrition. Its like 92 percent protein. If you match up the profile of the grams in the scoop its like a 30 gram scoop with 27 grams of protein

msrider

msrider

Awards
Recover-D is truly amazing! It has an unbelievable profile with added 9g glutamine and 5g bcaa's. The Taste is amazing! Chocolate Eclair! Yum!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thoughts on Blue Bonnet or Jay Robb whey isolate?

Best tasting NLA Recover-D IMHO.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Besides NOW, I'm also gonna recommend pronom 23 by Controlled Labs! 3 different forms of whey protein, milk protein concentrate, and 2 forms of casein! Awesome timed release matrix feeding your muscles for up to 6 hours. Whats not to like! Also tastes great! A bunch of my buddies take it and they f***ing love the stuff!

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of picking a container or 2 of the Flurry protein myself but I have been reading
some bad reviews about the quality, mixability, and taste in the Nutraplanet review section.
Has anyone else tried this protein and if so what were your thoughts about it ?
Don't, instant ****s, and the scoops are huge. Muscle gauge nutrition is my favorite, and it's the cheapest.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I could give you the long version or the short version. Since it's late ill go with the short version. There are 3 different isolates you find in powdered form, ISO, Microfiltered and UltraFiltered. The purest and highest amount of protein per weight is Microfiltered. Microfiltered is also approved for even the most sensitive of lactose intolerant people since the process removes every single minutiae amount of anything besides pure protein. Obviously there are probably others that use the same type of isolate, but the NOW is by far the cheapest.
Besides NOW, I'm also gonna recommend pronom 23 by Controlled Labs! 3 different forms of whey protein, milk protein concentrate, and 2 forms of casein! Awesome timed release matrix feeding your muscles for up to 6 hours. Whats not to like! Also tastes great! A bunch of my buddies take it and they f***ing love the stuff!
kid you need to stop copy/pasting company advertising material.

:lol:

off the top - here's a lil nugget for you:
there is no such thing as 100% pure isolate.
it does not exist.

as for processing methods:
ion-exchange yields the highest BCAA amount in protein...but, does that make it a good isolate?
no.

much more to protein than the (faulty) basis with which you expound here.

btw - you ever find that supplement you were looking for that would (your words) "make your mom less of a bitch"?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Thoughts on Blue Bonnet or Jay Robb whey isolate?

Best tasting NLA Recover-D IMHO.
i used to use blue bonnet butter.......
never heard of their protein.
jay robb been around forever..i still haven't used it.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The Flurry gave me the flurries. Taste for me was nasty on both the strawberry and the cookies & cream. Tasted like poorly processed protein to me. Another thing that bothered me about Flurry was the size of the scooper. The label said it was (I think) 33g but the scoop is twice the size of any other protein scoop for the same serving size. Me thinketh there be a lot of filler!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Flurry gave me the flurries. Taste for me was nasty on both the strawberry and the cookies & cream. Tasted like poorly processed protein to me. Another thing that bothered me about Flurry was the size of the scooper. The label said it was (I think) 33g but the scoop is twice the size of any other protein scoop for the same serving size. Me thinketh there be a lot of filler!
The scoop is the wrong size. Its almost 2 servings when you use a full scoop, there is a line on the scoop that is for 1 serving.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The scoop is the wrong size. Its almost 2 servings when you use a full scoop, there is a line on the scoop that is for 1 serving.
I quite often use 2 scoops of other proteins and the Flurry is considerably thicker with just the one scoop (full scooper). I figured it was a double scoop but there was no line on either of my scoops - that was something I looked at right away when I opened them.

Either way, it just tasted like very cheap protein and gave me bad squirts like very cheap protein. You get what you pay for.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
kid you need to stop copy/pasting company advertising material.

:lol:

off the top - here's a lil nugget for you:
there is no such thing as 100% pure isolate.
it does not exist.

as for processing methods:
ion-exchange yields the highest BCAA amount in protein...but, does that make it a good isolate?
no.

much more to protein than the (faulty) basis with which you expound here.

btw - you ever find that supplement you were looking for that would (your words) "make your mom less of a bitch"?
I dont disagree with you. Obviously nothing is going to be perfect. But from what I've read. Microfiltered is your best bet when it comes to isolate. Ultra filtered leaves a small amount of lactose behind and Ion Exchange I read is not very good for absorption, contrary to what most believe. Microfiltered has a high BCAA content and is 100% lactose free. I just mentioned NOW because it is one of the cheapest Isolates and it just happens to be microfiltered. I don't copy advertising material, those are purely my words.

And yeah, I found the answer to my problem, loud music, ear plugs, and staying at the gym till 12:30 AM

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When offered flavors like Red Velvet Cake, how can you NOT try this stuff? Great macros, and best flavors on the market.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When offered flavors like Red Velvet Cake, how can you NOT try this stuff? Great macros, and best flavors on the market.
I have not found anything that tastes better than Protean.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Profile and taste:
-XF Ultra Peptide 2.0

Taste of glory:
-iForce Protean.
Great choices. Protizyme pb is great but too pricy

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Looking for a new protein to try. What would you guys recommend? Best taste, best price, most protein, etc?

Thanks
If you are looking for a great protein with exceptional taste and mix-ability try Muscle Gauge Nutrition's line of protein powders. With an array of yummy flavors like cake batter and peanut butter crunch. There is quality pure isolate protein, isolate blends, pure whey, mass gainer, and casein. Not to mention they are one of the few lines that offer a natural line protein powders sweetened with stevia.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey Beastybean thanks for the heads up about the Flurry protein I guess I won't be pulling
the trigger on that one. I know you mentioned Muscle Gauge and I used that brand for about
a year and I never had any issues with the protein but a number of people who I recommended
the brand to liked it but they notice that when ever they reordered a flavor they liked the flavor
didn't have the same flavor as their original container. Their flavoring is not consistant with each
batch and if you do some searching there are some recent reviews about their protein having a
lot of foam when shaken and some flavoring issues. That's why I stopped using the brand.
Lately I have been mixing it up with different brands and Nutrex Muscle Infusion Black chocolate
is FANTASTIC and their vanilla is also pretty good. I also like TopSecret chocolate and vanilla both
taste good and mix well. I also have a container of MP Combat triple berry and this one was probably
one of the best strawberry proteins I have tried and I am not a strawberry protein lover but this is a
good one.
I also have Dymatize Elite Gourmet chocolate/peanut butter WARNING stay away from this
flavor it taste nothing like chocolate or peanut butter and Dymatize was nice enough to send me a
replacement container but honestly it is the same as the first container no taste of choc or pb.
I actually use it now as my post workout protein and I mix a scoop of AI RecoverPro Raspberry to give
it some flavor and AI RecoverPro Raspberry makes anything taste good.
I just finished a container of MRM cookies and cream micellar casein and I have to say it
was one of the best cookies and cream that I have tasted, it had kind of a carmel after taste which I
found to by unique and quite tasty. I had never used anything from this brand but since I liked their
micellar casein I decided to give their whey protein a try so I ordered a 10lb container of their chocolate
flavored Metabolic Whey and when I get it and crack it open I'll post up a review.

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it does foam when shaken, but I have this sweet little battery operated blender that solves that :) and mgn is the only brand ill make my protein brownies with.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
iForce Protean has some unique flavours such as Red Velvet Cake and Vanilla Mint Swirl!

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I like steak or to be more specific top sirloin and prime rib. For protein powder, NOW whey protein isolate is good and also True Nutrition.

abot

abot

Awards
Used to love Intek Evolution, but recently switched the ProNom 23 VCB .. Best tasting protein I've had in a long time and it has a good profile as well.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Used to love Intek Evolution, but recently switched the ProNom 23 VCB .. Best tasting protein I've had in a long time and it has a good profile as well.
I second that ^^^ you really cant go wrong with any controlled labs product! Definitely one of my favorite companies.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered some pronom chocolate! Can't wait! Thanks for the advice guys. Now I know what to try from now on!