Alphamine + Intermidiate + college football work outs - AnabolicMinds.com

Alphamine + Intermidiate + college football work outs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    Question Alphamine + Intermidiate + college football work outs


    Due to personal reasons I don't want to share my college team I play for, BUT BELIEVE ME!! They are difficult.

    First, we lift weights with 2 other partners. Our strength and conditioning coach focuses on particular parts of our body according to days

    Example:

    Monday: Bench
    Tuesday: Hang cleans
    Wednesday: No lift but HIIT type workout
    Thursday: Incline
    Friday Squats

    Once we are done with our daily body group, we then do 6 total circuits immediately after; each with different workouts involving that particulate muscle group we did for the day.

    We workout at 3 PM and then do an agility HIIT type work out after around 4 PM

    I want to do a cutting phase and start taking Alphamine while doing the Intermidiate Fasting diet with my workout to cut down some unwanted fat (290 Lbs 31% body fat) but maintain my muscle mass

    I have a few of questions regarding my daily routine...

    1. What time should I take the Alphamine according to my daily schedule?
    2. What time should my fasting diet time frame be to work around my workout schedule?
    3. Can I eat a meal with BCAA or Protien in the morning or no meal til after workouts?

    I am new to this form and I want to start off the offseason right and get my body in shape for next years season!! Any advice would be great!!

    Thanks J Lew

  2. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlew98 View Post
    I have a few of questions regarding my daily routine...

    1. What time should I take the Alphamine according to my daily schedule?
    2. What time should my fasting diet time frame be to work around my workout schedule?
    3. Can I eat a meal with BCAA or Protien in the morning or no meal til after workouts?
    1. for alphamine you can dose however you want. I did 1 scoop 3 times a day 4 hours apart with one dose being for pre-workout. Some do 2 scoops in the morning then another later in the day so really its up to you.

    2. Many people break their fast post workout. But if you wake up early and get done with ur workout around 5 you could break your fast with a pre-workout meal. Many people do a 16/8 fast window. But its really up to you if you want a pre-workout meal or not.

    3. If your fasting just take 10 grams BCAA with your alphamine in the morning. The alphamine will supress your appetite also. Many people fall into IF because of the appetite suppression from Alphamine. Keep taking 10 gram BCAA about every 2-3 hours until you break your fast.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  3. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    First, what is a 16/8?

    Secondly, since I have class from 9am to 12am Monday/Wednesday/Friday, and Tuesday/Thursday from 9:30am to 11am then 12:30am - 1:20am. What times should I eat my pre workout meal? I wake up at 8 every morning (Remember my weight lifting/running is from at 3pm to 5pm)

    Lastly, I want to take the Alphamine before my workout so how soon should I use it prior to 3 so my work outs are %120 and boosted?
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlew98 View Post
    First, what is a 16/8?

    Secondly, since I have class from 9am to 12am Monday/Wednesday/Friday, and Tuesday/Thursday from 9:30am to 11am then 12:30am - 1:20am. What times should I eat my pre workout meal? I wake up at 8 every morning (Remember my weight lifting/running is from at 3pm to 5pm)

    Lastly, I want to take the Alphamine before my workout so how soon should I use it prior to 3 so my work outs are %120 and boosted?
    16/8 is: 16 hour fasting window which is when you take ur BCAA and the 8hour window is when you eat.

    If you want take ur pre workout meal 45-hour, then take ur alphamine.

    Take alphamine 30-45 min pre workout. So if u workout at 3. Take at 2:15-2:30.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  5. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    This is a schedule I have came up with cording to my work outs

    Monday/Wednesday/Friday

    8:30 wake up
    9:00 1 scoop Alpha-mine/Multivitamin/BCAA
    11:30 BCAA
    12:00 pre work out meal, with Omega 3
    2:30 1 scoop Alpha-mine
    3:00 Workout*
    5:30 Biggest meal of day
    7:00 1 scoop Alpha-mine
    8:00 last meal with protein shake

    Tuesday/Thursday is similar but same idea

    Does this sound right?





    *
  6. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlew98 View Post
    This is a schedule I have came up with cording to my work outs

    Monday/Wednesday/Friday

    8:30 wake up
    9:00 1 scoop Alpha-mine/Multivitamin/BCAA
    11:30 BCAA
    12:00 pre work out meal, with Omega 3
    2:30 1 scoop Alpha-mine
    3:00 Workout*
    5:30 Biggest meal of day
    7:00 1 scoop Alpha-mine
    8:00 last meal with protein shake

    Tuesday/Thursday is similar but same idea

    Does this sound right?

    *
    Sounds good to me. Hope it works out for ya. Alphamine is the $h!t and people have seen way good results with IF while taking it.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  7. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,421
    Rep Power
    3459534

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Just watchout taking it that late depending on when you sleep. If the stim hits you hard it may make falling asleep difficult. Otherwise looks solid.

    If you do need to avoid that late dose you could to 1.5 servings in the morning and before workout IMO.
  8. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Just watchout taking it that late depending on when you sleep. If the stim hits you hard it may make falling asleep difficult. Otherwise looks solid.

    If you do need to avoid that late dose you could to 1.5 servings in the morning and before workout IMO.
    This is true. The stim effect on the morning dose lastest longest for me. The second dose didn't seem to last as long. But ya taking at 7pm might disrupt sleep. Just mess with the dosing schedule that fits your needs and you'll be good to go.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  9. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    Ok thanks a lot guys! Im going to take 1.5 in the morning and another 1.5 45min to an hour before my workouts at 3.

    I have one last question...

    I was reading an IF article from Lean Gains, and it was saying that my pre workout meal (around 12) should be around 20-25% of my calorie intake for the day. That means that my 5:30 to 8 should be my biggest meal of the day.

    How many calories should I be eating overall in a day? I'm 6'2 290 lbs with 31% body fat. Keep in mind I'm a college football player with classes in the mornings and lifting/running in the afternoon. I don't want to eat too less/too much!

    Any diet advice would help a lot too!!
  10. New Member
    Loudy Rowdy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    342972

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    a lot of awesome advice in here!
    IForce Nutrition online forum/message board rep
  11. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlew98 View Post
    Ok thanks a lot guys! Im going to take 1.5 in the morning and another 1.5 45min to an hour before my workouts at 3.

    I have one last question...

    I was reading an IF article from Lean Gains, and it was saying that my pre workout meal (around 12) should be around 20-25% of my calorie intake for the day. That means that my 5:30 to 8 should be my biggest meal of the day.

    How many calories should I be eating overall in a day? I'm 6'2 290 lbs with 31% body fat. Keep in mind I'm a college football player with classes in the mornings and lifting/running in the afternoon. I don't want to eat too less/too much!

    Any diet advice would help a lot too!!
    you need to find out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).

    Once u find this out you can calculate however many calories you need to deduct to make a calorie deficit for the day.

    Then you can figure out how many calories u need pre workout and for the rest of ur fast break meals to reach your TDEE.

    Just know everyone is different and it takes time to figure out how your body will respond to certain things.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  12. Advanced Member
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    513834

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Correct me if im wrong... don't want to be the devils advocate, but if your playing for a college football team (NCAA Affiliated), then I would believe that using stimulants (e.g. Caffeine) and beta-2-agonists (alphamine) would be a violation of the NCAA rules.

    Just looking out for a collegiate football player. Wouldn't want anything bad happen, such as suspension or termination of your scholarship (if you have one).
  13. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Correct me if im wrong... don't want to be the devils advocate, but if your playing for a college football team (NCAA Affiliated), then I would believe that using stimulants (e.g. Caffeine) and beta-2-agonists (alphamine) would be a violation of the NCAA rules.

    Just looking out for a collegiate football player. Wouldn't want anything bad happen, such as suspension or termination of your scholarship (if you have one).
    Didn't even think about that. Good thinking sir but hopefully he already checked into this and knows what he can/ can't take. If its NAIA or some college team like that you'll be good. I know a few colleges that don't test for certain substances.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  14. Elite Member
    andrew732's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,457
    Rep Power
    489925

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    All substances in Alphamine are not currently banned by the NCAA, caffeine dose would have to be crazy high which is not the case with Alphamine.
    doing my own thang!
  15. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    All substances in Alphamine are not currently banned by the NCAA, caffeine dose would have to be crazy high which is not the case with Alphamine.
    Good to know
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  16. Advanced Member
    Bamski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    513834

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    All substances in Alphamine are not currently banned by the NCAA, caffeine dose would have to be crazy high which is not the case with Alphamine.
    Oh nice! Good for clearing that up.
  17. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    Hey guys! This forum is awesome, and you guys make this journey 100% easier and knowledgeable!

    This is my shopping card I purchased last night...

    Alphamine PES
    BCAA USP Labs Modern
    Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Protein
    Optimum Nutrition Multivitamins
    Nordic Naturals Omega 3

    I figured out my TDEE is 5,636. Does that sound right for a 6'1" 290 College/Student Athelete? I used a another online calculator and it said 4,350. Which one sounds more accurate to you guys?
  18. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlew98 View Post
    Hey guys! This forum is awesome, and you guys make this journey 100% easier and knowledgeable!

    This is my shopping card I purchased last night...

    Alphamine PES
    BCAA USP Labs Modern
    Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex Protein
    Optimum Nutrition Multivitamins
    Nordic Naturals Omega 3

    I figured out my TDEE is 5,636. Does that sound right for a 6'1" 290 College/Student Athelete? I used a another online calculator and it said 4,350. Which one sounds more accurate to you guys?
    I would have gone with something else over ON Pro Complex but since you already ordered it... it should do. Also would of went with another multivitamin but you'll be good.

    I know many TDEE calculators are different online so its kind of a mess to figure out which one is right. Did you use one that allowed you to put in your workout lengths, cardio, how busy u are during the day and so on?
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  19. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    33853

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    1. for alphamine you can dose however you want. I did 1 scoop 3 times a day 4 hours apart with one dose being for pre-workout. Some do 2 scoops in the morning then another later in the day so really its up to you.

    2. Many people break their fast post workout. But if you wake up early and get done with ur workout around 5 you could break your fast with a pre-workout meal. Many people do a 16/8 fast window. But its really up to you if you want a pre-workout meal or not.

    3. If your fasting just take 10 grams BCAA with your alphamine in the morning. The alphamine will supress your appetite also. Many people fall into IF because of the appetite suppression from Alphamine. Keep taking 10 gram BCAA about every 2-3 hours until you break your fast.
    Just a quick note; I recently opened up another topic on this, and there are some thoughts where BCAAs will actually break your fast and therefore prevent you from taking advantage of the advantages of IF as it may cause somewhat of an insulin spike.

    There has not been a conclusive answer on the post I opened so I am not sure whether it does indeed or not, I'm giving a shot on my own without taking BCAAs to see how I react, just figured I would also toss it out there.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  20. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post

    Just a quick note; I recently opened up another topic on this, and there are some thoughts where BCAAs will actually break your fast and therefore prevent you from taking advantage of the advantages of IF as it may cause somewhat of an insulin spike.

    There has not been a conclusive answer on the post I opened so I am not sure whether it does indeed or not, I'm giving a shot on my own without taking BCAAs to see how I react, just figured I would also toss it out there.
    It wont spike ur insulin enough to break your fast. You'll be good with taking BCAA. I wouldn't recommend doing IF without BCAA.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  21. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    I haven't ordered the protein yet! The payment didn't go through lol.

    Which protein do you prefer? Also which multivitamin?

    Also to answer your question, the 5,363 is the calculator that I entered my sleep time, mid exercise, etc. etc. but that seems like a lot of calories I burn a day.
  22. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlew98 View Post
    I haven't ordered the protein yet! The payment didn't go through lol.

    Which protein do you prefer? Also which multivitamin?

    Also to answer your question, the 5,363 is the calculator that I entered my sleep time, mid exercise, etc. etc. but that seems like a lot of calories I burn a day.
    Protein: ultimate flurry, Protean, XF UP 2.0... there are a lot of options. Just check around for a price that you like.

    Multi: orange triad, Dr. Feel good, adams.

    For your Calculated TDEE that may be correct since ur a football player and pretty big and I take it very active. That is a lot of calories though. do you know what your calorie deficit will be yet? 500-750 calories?
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  23. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    How do you compare The proteins to the Pro Complex?

    Also how do you compare those vitamins to the Optimen Multivitamin?


    This what I have under my iPhone notes

    TDEE : 5,636
    20% less for fat loss = Daily Cal: 4,508

    Lift Days/Off Days
    Lift - 5,000 (add 500)
    No Lift - 2,254 (divide by 2) + Carbs 20g

    Fat = 9 calories per grams
    Protein = 4 calories per grams

    Macronutrients
    Protein : 365 ? 1460
    Fat : 30g (10g NN) ? 270
    Carbs : ? 3,270 rest of calories
    Sugar : Under 100 grams

    Also any advice on the diet? A creditable IF article says to keep fat under 30g, protein is body weight x 1.25, and carbs is the rest of daily calories, also keep suger under 100 grams.
  24. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlew98 View Post
    How do you compare The proteins to the Pro Complex?

    Also how do you compare those vitamins to the Optimen Multivitamin?

    This what I have under my iPhone notes

    TDEE : 5,636
    20% less for fat loss = Daily Cal: 4,508

    Lift Days/Off Days
    Lift - 5,000 (add 500)
    No Lift - 2,254 (divide by 2) + Carbs 20g

    Fat = 9 calories per grams
    Protein = 4 calories per grams

    Macronutrients
    Protein : 365 ? 1460
    Fat : 30g (10g NN) ? 270
    Carbs : ? 3,270 rest of calories
    Sugar : Under 100 grams

    Also any advice on the diet? A creditable IF article says to keep fat under 30g, protein is body weight x 1.25, and carbs is the rest of daily calories, also keep suger under 100 grams.
    For the protein... there are just greater options out there and better prices. ON has great tasting protein just overpriced.

    For multis... just the quality of the minerals and vitamins is what makes a huge difference. With orange triad you get a multivitamin/joint support/digestion product in one.

    All you need to know about ur diet is get your protein and fats in... whatever amount of calories are left put on however many you want on carbs then just fill the rest in on protein or fats. So say of ur split is 40/20/40 or whatever it is... just fill those percentages out.

    Protein should be about 1-1.5 gram per pound. Fat should be around .5 gram per pound. A lot of people do about 1-2 grams of carbs per pound. But you can adjust it to however you want.

    Obviously keep ur diet clean as possible.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  25. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    Im going to get the Ultimate Flurry shake and once my Opti Multi vitamins are gone i will switch to the Orange Triad.

    I'm going to try the 40% Protien 40 Carbs and 20% fat.

    Should I multiply 290 x .5 for fats? That's seems like a lot of fat a day

    Lastly, basically the macro nutrients means I must get AT LEAST 40/40/20?
  26. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    This is the chart a Macro Calculator gave me for the 40/40/20 diet

    Does that sound right?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  27. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    33853

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlew98 View Post
    This is the chart a Macro Calculator gave me for the 40/40/20 diet

    Does that sound right?
    I mean, sure, if you are looking for that split it is just a simple math. Figuring out the amount of calories / g of each macro to eat is not the biggest issue, it is how to spread them out through the day and what macro breakdown you would like. If you do want to go with 40/40/20 then it does look good and you can distribute that through the day as you see fit.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  28. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    1. Since I'm a college athlete with multiple classes a day I'm going to start off and try the 45p/25c/30f ratio
    What do y'all think? I want to keep as much muscle for 10 weeks and cut off the fat

    2. Lean gains talks about the first pre workout meal should be 20-25% of daily calorie intake.
    With a 4,500 daily calorie intake, I am assuming I have to eat a lot of protein with a sufficient amount of carbs and fats

    3. For a 6'1" 290 lbs 19 year old with 30%body fat I feel like I can lose fat a lot quicker than smaller guys
    true?

    4. Lastly, is it ok to take fat grams from Omega 3 to complete my macro of 30% fat?


    As much advice as possible would be great!!!
  29. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    This is my new 45p/25c/30f calculations
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  30. New Member
    da_tank55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    133

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlew98 View Post
    1. Since I'm a college athlete with multiple classes a day I'm going to start off and try the 45p/25c/30f ratio
    What do y'all think? I want to keep as much muscle for 10 weeks and cut off the fat

    2. Lean gains talks about the first pre workout meal should be 20-25% of daily calorie intake.
    With a 4,500 daily calorie intake, I am assuming I have to eat a lot of protein with a sufficient amount of carbs and fats

    3. For a 6'1" 290 lbs 19 year old with 30%body fat I feel like I can lose fat a lot quicker than smaller guys
    true?

    4. Lastly, is it ok to take fat grams from Omega 3 to complete my macro of 30% fat?

    As much advice as possible would be great!!!
    I also am a fellow college football player. What I do is intake more carbs than protein. Helps me with the intense workouts we go through. I do 1g of protein per lbm, 2g of carbs per lbm, and .4g of fats per lbm. This has been helping me lean up while still gaining strength. Just something from my experience(lean body mass is your weight without fat)
  31. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by da_tank55 View Post
    I also am a fellow college football player. What I do is intake more carbs than protein. Helps me with the intense workouts we go through. I do 1g of protein per lbm, 2g of carbs per lbm, and .4g of fats per lbm. This has been helping me lean up while still gaining strength. Just something from my experience(lean body mass is your weight without fat)
    I think I'm going to go to the 40p/40c/20f lol I'm indecisive and will try that diet because my proteins need to be the same as my carbs. I need my muscle and much as a I need energy
  32. New Member
    da_tank55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    133

    Reputation

    Yeah man I get you. Whatever works for you. What position do you play if you mind me asking?
  33. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    Defensive tackle. I'm 6'1" 290
  34. New Member
    da_tank55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    133

    Reputation

    that's what I figured. Well good luck in the future man
  35. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    33853

    Reputation

    I wouldn't be too afraid to consume fats, they are really good for boosting your testosterone as well.

    Focus on eating a lot of protein and fat on your first meal and carbs around your workout period. The more you delay your first carb consumption the better for you by lean gains standard.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  36. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,189
    Rep Power
    10502205

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Lots of helpful people in here which is nice to see.

    If you have any questions on PES products please do not hesitate to ask me.

    Ben
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  37. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    4429380

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlew98 View Post
    Im going to get the Ultimate Flurry shake and once my Opti Multi vitamins are gone i will switch to the Orange Triad.

    I'm going to try the 40% Protien 40 Carbs and 20% fat.

    Should I multiply 290 x .5 for fats? That's seems like a lot of fat a day

    Lastly, basically the macro nutrients means I must get AT LEAST 40/40/20?
    Ya everything look solid to me man. Don't worry about too high fats, they are necessary and most people don't realize it. Just get the fats from fish oil, peanut butter, nuts, cooking oil, milk, eggs and other healthy choices.

    Try the 40/40/20 split and if ur not leaning out like you want just adjust the splits with lower carbs. But everything seems good.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  38. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    This is an example meal plan for me. I'm consuming 3500 calories over 3 meals. (Should it be 4?)
    Since my schedule is Busy from 9-11:50 (classes), lean gains says I should break my fast and have a pre workout meal around 12:00 (workout at 3)

    12:00 - Breakfast (700 calories) (20% daily calorie intake)

    *Protein Shake w/ water - 170 calories/ 25g Protein/ 6g Carbs/ 5g Fat
    *Chicken breast (2 serving) - 260 calories/ 54g protein/ 0g Carbs/ 2g fat
    *Grapefruit - (1 serving) 90 calories/ 0g Protein/ 23g Carbs/ 0g Fat
    *Almonds (1 servings) - 160 calories/ 6g Protein/ 6g carbs/ 14g Fat
    *Nordic Natural Omega 3 - 18 calories/ 2g Fat

    Total - 700 calories / 85g Protein / 31g carbs / 21g Fat

    Question 1: Is the 40/40/20 ok to adjust because of wanting to keep carbs low and fat high until after workout according to Lean Gains? Any breakfast advice?

    5:00 - Post workout Dinner (1,600 calories)

    * Steak 10pz - ???
    *2 Fruit cups - 228 calories/ 4g Protein/ 42g Carbs/ 6g Fat
    *3 Bread - 180 calories/ 12g Protein/ 38g carbs/ 1.5g fat
    *Almonds - 160 calories/ 6g Protein/ 6g carbs/ 14g Fat
    *Nordic Natural Omega 3 - 18 calories/ 2g Fat
    ?...
    ?...
    ?...

    Total REQUIRMENTS : 1,600 calories/ 135g protein/ 197g carbs/ 64g Fat

    Question 2: How do I incorporate 1,600 calories into high protein/high carbs/low fat? Once again, following lean gains diet and eating most of my carbs post workout and 3rd meal?

    8:30 - Last meal (1,200 calories)

    *Protein Shake w/ water - 170 calories/ 25g Protein/ 6g Carbs/ 5g Fa
    *Chicken breast (2.5 serving) - 390 calories/ 81g protein/ 0g Carbs/ 3g fat
    *Peanut butter sandwich + 3 whole wheat bread- 380 calories/ 24g Protein, 50g Carbs/ 21.5g Fat
    *Grapefruit - (2 servings) 180 calories/ 0g Protein/ 46g Carbs/ 0g Fat
    *Orange - 70 calories/ 0g Protein/ 21g Carbs/ 0g Fruit
    *Nordic Natural Omega 3 - 18 calories/ 2g Fat

    Total - 1,200 calories/ 130g Protein/ 122g carbs/ 31g Fat

    Any advice on last meal? More carbs? Fats?

    Biggest question is how do they morning and last meal look? And secondly how do I get 1,610 calories in one meal by eating at my healthy macros?
  39. New Member
    Jlew98's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    31

    Reputation

    Anyone?
  40. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    33853

    Reputation

    I would shift more of the caloric consumption to immediately after workout and lighten up more on the other two meals. Also would shorten the feeding window as well to somewhere closer to 6 hours. Lastly, I would completely remove the Grape Juice from "breakfast" and let it be solely a protein and fat meal, wouldn't frown upon subbing the chicken breast for a fatter cut either.

    Personally I prefer sugar sources not to be from fructose, more on the lines of potatoes, rice, etc, but that is a personal opinion and I'm sure there will be people that will disagree.

    Aside from that, looks good.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Official College Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 03:45 PM
  2. working out at home
    By Homerjay in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 09:01 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 10:27 PM
  4. College Football: Who's a Fan?
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 12:34 PM
  5. Muscle pain and working out
    By windwords7 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 01:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in