Alphamine + Intermidiate + college football work outs

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jlew98 View Post
    Anyone?
    I think that looks solid for a start. The big key is just hitting your macros for the day and then just dividing them into meals most convenient for you.

The huge post workout meal can be hard at first, mostly due to having to eat larger quantities of the same food in a single meal. You will get used to it though after awhile. I would suggest maybe starting with 4 meals (so each isn't as big) and moving to 3 if you want later on. Overall if you are following IF just get your macros in on that 8 hour feeding window.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    I would shift more of the caloric consumption to immediately after workout and lighten up more on the other two meals. Also would shorten the feeding window as well to somewhere closer to 6 hours. Lastly, I would completely remove the Grape Juice from "breakfast" and let it be solely a protein and fat meal, wouldn't frown upon subbing the chicken breast for a fatter cut either.

Personally I prefer sugar sources not to be from fructose, more on the lines of potatoes, rice, etc, but that is a personal opinion and I'm sure there will be people that will disagree.

Aside from that, looks good.

I'm going to do the 3 meals a day...

1. Lean Gains says to take 20-25% of my daily calories into the pre workout meal. If I'm eating 4,000 calories a day, that means around 800 calories should be my pre workout meal. This meal should be high in proteins and fats with minimum carbs? Or No carbs? (keep in mind my workouts are intense and I might need energy besides the Alphamine. How much percentage of fat should I consume in this pre workout meal?

2. The post workout meal will be 60% of my daily calories which would be 2,400 caloires in one meal. Most of these calories should come from protein and carbs with minimum fats?

3. My last meal will consist of 20% of my daily calories which is around 800 caloires. What type of macros should I be fitting in this last meal? Of course high proteins but carbs? Fats?

I basicly want to balance out how many carbs/fats I intake in the pre workout meal and the post workout meal and last meal
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I'm going to do the 3 meals a day...

1. Lean Gains says to take 20-25% of my daily calories into the pre workout meal. If I'm eating 4,000 calories a day, that means around 800 calories should be my pre workout meal. This meal should be high in proteins and fats with minimum carbs? Or No carbs? (keep in mind my workouts are intense and I might need energy besides the Alphamine. How much percentage of fat should I consume in this pre workout meal?
    - No carbs is fine if you ask me, regardless of how intense your workouts are. I do mine carb free and never had a problem with them, specially since you will still have your glycogen storage ok from your carb filled meal the night before. I don't necessarily eat something "pre workout" per se, I have a handful of nuts about an hour before.

2. The post workout meal will be 60% of my daily calories which would be 2,400 caloires in one meal. Most of these calories should come from protein and carbs with minimum fats?
    -You got it. This is not from Lean Gains approach, but if you check out carb back-loading into this one as well you would be looking to take fast digestion carbs, like white or purple potatoes, white rice, etc.

3. My last meal will consist of 20% of my daily calories which is around 800 caloires. What type of macros should I be fitting in this last meal? Of course high proteins but carbs? Fats?
    -Depends on the approach; back carbloading says to consume carbs here, fast digestion again. I personally enjoy either skipping this meal completely or just taking in a protein shake with water.

I basicly want to balance out how many carbs/fats I intake in the pre workout meal and the post workout meal and last meal
    Comments above
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  295 lbs.
    Answers

Question 1: Ok I got you on the first two meals, but if I skip the last meal won't that affect me badly? I will only have 3200 calories instead of my 4000 I need?

Question 2: Is it ok to only have a maximum or 40grams of fat a day?

Question 3: which foods are high in calories that are good for my second meal?
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Question 1: Ok I got you on the first two meals, but if I skip the last meal won't that affect me badly? I will only have 3200 calories instead of my 4000 I need?

Question 2: Is it ok to only have a maximum or 40grams of fat a day?

Question 3: which foods are high in calories that are good for my second meal?
    1) You would need to compensate by adding extra calories in the previous meals. In your situation I wouldn't skip.

2) I usually like to shoot for at least ~1g Fat per Kg or ~.5g per Lb of bodyweight as a start.

3)Depends on individual tolerances, likes, etc. What do you normally eat? Typically I just increase the portions of foods I would normally consume if I was eating in a smaller time frame.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Official College Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 03:45 PM
  2. working out at home
    By Homerjay in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 09:01 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 10:27 PM