Alphamine + Intermidiate + college football work outs
- 01-04-2013, 11:27 AM
The huge post workout meal can be hard at first, mostly due to having to eat larger quantities of the same food in a single meal. You will get used to it though after awhile. I would suggest maybe starting with 4 meals (so each isn't as big) and moving to 3 if you want later on. Overall if you are following IF just get your macros in on that 8 hour feeding window.
- 01-04-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm going to do the 3 meals a day...
1. Lean Gains says to take 20-25% of my daily calories into the pre workout meal. If I'm eating 4,000 calories a day, that means around 800 calories should be my pre workout meal. This meal should be high in proteins and fats with minimum carbs? Or No carbs? (keep in mind my workouts are intense and I might need energy besides the Alphamine. How much percentage of fat should I consume in this pre workout meal?
2. The post workout meal will be 60% of my daily calories which would be 2,400 caloires in one meal. Most of these calories should come from protein and carbs with minimum fats?
3. My last meal will consist of 20% of my daily calories which is around 800 caloires. What type of macros should I be fitting in this last meal? Of course high proteins but carbs? Fats?
I basicly want to balance out how many carbs/fats I intake in the pre workout meal and the post workout meal and last meal
- 01-04-2013, 02:31 PM
- 6'4" 235 lbs.
- Join Date
- Oct 2007
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
01-04-2013, 03:08 PM
Question 1: Ok I got you on the first two meals, but if I skip the last meal won't that affect me badly? I will only have 3200 calories instead of my 4000 I need?
Question 2: Is it ok to only have a maximum or 40grams of fat a day?
Question 3: which foods are high in calories that are good for my second meal?
01-04-2013, 03:52 PM
2) I usually like to shoot for at least ~1g Fat per Kg or ~.5g per Lb of bodyweight as a start.
3)Depends on individual tolerances, likes, etc. What do you normally eat? Typically I just increase the portions of foods I would normally consume if I was eating in a smaller time frame.
Similar Forum Threads
- By jweave23 in forum General ChatReplies: 163Last Post: 01-08-2004, 04:45 PM
- By Homerjay in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 10-06-2003, 10:01 AM
- By T-Bar in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-27-2003, 11:27 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum General ChatReplies: 60Last Post: 01-10-2003, 01:34 PM
- By windwords7 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 7Last Post: 01-07-2003, 02:03 AM