Purchasing supps in powdered bulk?

sina

Banned
Awards
I have never seen anyone here to mention purchasing supplements in bulk. Everyone all the time ask for what's the best bulk BCAA, Glutamine, Citrulline Malate or DAA. I mean wouldn't it be wiser to purchase all these and mix them with some fruit-juices or dextrose drinks like (gatorade, powerade) and of course cheaper. I know most of the users here are in college so why wouldn't you all care for that just curious?

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh.. How many SNS reps are there on this forum? lol That's basically exactly what SNS is, bulk powders. Some do, and some don't. It's personal preference. It's usually cheaper and easier to just buy a well put together pre and add in anything else you want. (i.e. adding bulk CM or whatever to Craze)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
^This man said it. I make my own preworkout via bulks:

Caffeine Tab
Bronkaid Tab
SNS Citrulline Malate

For your needs, SNS makes a 325g citrulline malate power, DAA caps and powder, bulk leucine (which I would replace your glutamine with), and even a 100g agmatine powder.

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
Coop, what's your exact dosage of each for your pre-workout if you don't mind sharing. Iv been looking for a bulk stack to substitute instead of dropping 30-50 bucks on a pre workout filled with "proprietary blends".

I would like to try that stack with perhaps agmatine added. Ever try it added to that?

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Recommended full dose of EC is one caffeine tab (200mg) + 1 Bronkaid (25mg of ephedrine). Cit mal is recommended at 6-8g if I'm not mistaken. During my upcoming cut when I start EC I'll be dosing SNS cit mal 6g + 2g of COP + 1 scoop Body Octane along with EC for my pre work out.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
200mg Caffeine
25mg Ephedrine
9g Citrulline Malate (3 scoops SNS)

I have added agmatine in the past and do enjoy it, but the pumps can get excessive on upper body days so I save agmatine for lower body work (many people do the opposite).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Recommended full dose of EC is one caffeine tab (200mg) + 1 Bronkaid (25mg of ephedrine). Cit mal is recommended at 6-8g if I'm not mistaken. During my upcoming cut when I start EC I'll be dosing SNS cit mal 6g + 2g of COP + 1 scoop Body Octane along with EC for my pre work out.
Great stack. I'd like to add that I will throw in 2g ALCAR or PLCAR if I am dragging that day

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Great stack. I'd like to add that I will throw in 2g ALCAR or PLCAR if I am dragging that day
Ehem...We do have Green Coffee Bean now and it would add nicely to any cut ;)!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
This is true, I just assumed we were talking about preworkout ingredients :D
Oh by all means 2g ALCAR with 1g agmatine here please! be it pre-workout or pre-meal! Rather cheap to concoct too seeing how we have the cheapest powdered agmatine in the market, and a rather low price for ALCAR caps ;)!

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
Is there anything to use with this instead of ephedrine that would bring similar results?

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is there anything to use with this instead of ephedrine that would bring similar results?
No, but instead of E+C you can just use the caffeine tab, a fat burner or a pre work out.

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
How does a citrulline Malate at 9g, agmatine at 1g, and 200mg of caffeine be as a pre-workout? What could be added to this to make it better?

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
No, but instead of E+C you can just use the caffeine tab, a fat burner or a pre work out.
How bout using the E (bronkaid) in conjunction with the rest of my tub of alphamIne...ive never gotten on the ephedrine train...would it be too much to start with the 25Mg? I normally take about 1.5-2 scoops early in the day followed up by about 1-1.5 later...im guessing thats around 100mg of caffeine per scoop and no clue on the yohimbine

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bulk is the way to go for sure! I much prefer bulk over proprietary concoctions. Bulk lets you dose according to dosages used in the research literature and studies :D

Plus I'm old fashioned I'd much rather just throw it in my mouth and swallow.

Be mature guys, lmao

- Valdez

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Bulk is the way to go for sure! I much prefer bulk over proprietary concoctions. Bulk lets you dose according to dosages used in the research literature and studies :D

Plus I'm old fashioned I'd much rather just throw it in my mouth and swallow.

Be mature guys, lmao

- Valdez
Must...resist...same...team...#OhGodWhy?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
How bout using the E (bronkaid) in conjunction with the rest of my tub of alphamIne...ive never gotten on the ephedrine train...would it be too much to start with the 25Mg? I normally take about 1.5-2 scoops early in the day followed up by about 1-1.5 later...im guessing thats around 100mg of caffeine per scoop and no clue on the yohimbine
I wouldn't stack yohimbine, 2 b-agonists, and caffeine with ephedrine prior to exercise.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
How does a citrulline Malate at 9g, agmatine at 1g, and 200mg of caffeine be as a pre-workout? What could be added to this to make it better?
It would be highly effective.

The ephedrine is an inherent ergogen, as it enhances muscle contractile force and aerobic capacity (via bronchodilation). It will also increase the lipolytic effects of exercise.

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
Would beta alanine be worth adding. I may add the ephedra ass well.

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
Would beta alanine be a good addition to this? I may go with ephedra as well.

Ignore double post. App is f'n up!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Post workout? Yup.

As a staple? Yup.

Beta-Alanine is a really nice ergogenic aid.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
b-Alanine is not exclusively preworkout but I consider it a staple to be used at 3+ grams a day.

Be sure to use ephedrine, not ephedra.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

BA definitely, but doesn't necessarily need to be dosed strictly pre.

sina

Banned
Awards
Coop,

Would you take Citrulline Malate only on training days or daily? I read 9-12g is optimal..

As far as Carnitine goes isn't the best available form of carnitine to be L.C.L.T? or no?

Agmatine Sulfate, any benefit going over 1g?

I am noticing Niacin giving a great pump too pre-wo!

As far as Ephe. goes is HCL better or Sulfate?

Thanks

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop,Would you take Citrulline Malate only on training days or daily? I read 9-12g is optimal..As far as Carnitine goes isn't the best available form of carnitine to be L.C.L.T? or no?Agmatine Sulfate, any benefit going over 1g?I am noticing Niacin giving a great pump too pre-wo!As far as Ephe. goes is HCL better or Sulfate?Thanks
6-8g will suffice for citrulline malate, and yeah, training days only.I personally like agmatine at 2 grams with a preworkout meal.There is no best carnitine, they all have benefits depending on your goals.Niacin is great but I'm not a fan of its anti-lipolytic effects pre-exercuse.Either ephedrine form is fine but HCl may hit a bit harder.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beta alanine.

I have been using caffeine, cit malate, beta alanine, alcar, agmatine and creatine mono pre workout for quite some time now. love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

sina

Banned
Awards
I also been hearing that Cissus gives a promising pre-workout Pump?

Towards Coop's suggestion of 2g Amatine Sulf + Pre-workout simple carbo. meal. I would add Pink hamalyian salt.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I have always either made my own pre work outs / intra work out drinks or taken a stim/PWO and added to it.

Bulk powders I like nutras brand/USPowders , SNS, and primaforce.

Right now
Pre work out
Origin pre + PUREcamp + 1 carboxy

Intra
2-4 scoops protocol v2 (usually some daily staples mixed in)

Daily staples (usually mixed in with pre/intra.)
3g Di creatine malate (intra or mornings)
2g alcar (pre/intra or in am)
6g BA (through out the day)

Not a staple but right now I'm trying...
30mg PUREcamp (PWO and pre bed 1 hour away from food)

While I am using pre put together supplements they do not have proprietary blends and consist of ingredients I would be adding in bulk anyways. Many of the ingredients have been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

uvawahoowa

Awards
^This man said it. I make my own preworkout via bulks:

Caffeine Tab
Bronkaid Tab
SNS Citrulline Malate

For your needs, SNS makes a 325g citrulline malate power, DAA caps and powder, bulk leucine (which I would replace your glutamine with), and even a 100g agmatine powder.
When are those 100g agmatine tubs coming back in stock?

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Idk why my post got deleted. I wasn't talking about gear. I was talking about bulk supplements such as BCAA, Creatine, etc. lol

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
How much beta alanine is a sufficient dose? I under Stand 3-6g per day is recommended but no one says what a decent dose is. Is a 3G dose decent?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much beta alanine is a sufficient dose? I under Stand 3-6g per day is recommended but no one says what a decent dose is. Is a 3G dose decent?
I do 3200 mg pre and 1600 mg post.

Apnutter

Apnutter

Awards
Also, should b-alanine be cycled 12 weeks on or is it safe to use for long term?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, should b-alanine be cycled 12 weeks on or is it safe to use for long term?
I don't cycle it. Some probably do though.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Once muscle saturation is reached it is like creatine and can just be used on workout days, in Coops words - "built in cycling".

I personally use it almost always lol I like the parasthesia. Weird, I know.

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not aware if any of you are informed on agmatine's analgesic properties BUT last night, I had a splitting headache and dosed my 1 g of agmatine, within about twenty minutes it was gone. No joke, no bull ****, no pimping just something I noticed.

- Valdez

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
I'm not aware if any of you are informed on agmatine's analgesic properties BUT last night, I had a splitting headache and dosed my 1 g of agmatine, within about twenty minutes it was gone. No joke, no bull ****, no pimping just something I noticed.

- Valdez
Very nice observation!heard this from a friend once.now it's Valdez certified!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice observation!heard this from a friend once.now it's Valdez certified!
Funny you say that the guys at my station are getting "Valdez Approved" stickers to put on things I approve of.

Lol!!!!

- Valdez

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Funny you say that the guys at my station are making "Valdez Approved" stickers to put on things I approve of.

- Valdez
Haha,that's good.at least you know they respect your opinion as many of us here do for sure including myself!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha,that's good.at least you know they respect your opinion as many of us here do for sure including myself!
I appreciate that bro, thanks my dude!

- Valdez

zv3

zv3

Awards
I use powders as more of an "addition" to my prework outs and supplements. Many pre's are under dosed so I supplement them with
more Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine etc. As soon as I use all my pre workout stuff, I am going to start making my own formulas from
bulk powders!