Looking for a natural supplement to improve sleep quality

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far i tried melatonin. Not bad, its easier to fall asleep and sleep seems to be more intense but i didnt succeed in sleeping longer than 6 or 7 hours. And i often wake up at night. So im looking for something that i can take alongside the melatonin to further improve the quality of my sleep. What do you think about 5-HTP 50 mg before going to bed?

00S4Boy

Awards
Valerian, GABA, 5HTP, ZMA, and I think people were saying phenibut too but not to use it regularly.

Oh forgot l-dopa and humanofort is supposed to help too.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
For depth of sleep, look into ZMA or mucuna pruriens.

Great options are SNS or Ergogenix ZMA and SNS Inhibit-P or SS Dopadex.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ss dopadex seems not to be available in the UK. so i will look for some bulk 99% mucuna p. extract . gaba also sounds interesting. how much gaba and l-dopa should be taken in the evening?

i dont get the whole zma thing. im already taking enough zinc in the evening (comes as amino acid chelate). why should the addition of Mg be beneficial for sleep?

what about intimidate?

what about lights out, 3Z and other ready made sleep formulas?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i didnt succeed in sleeping longer than 6 or 7 hours. And i often wake up at night.
such is my life.
i have long been unable to sleep longer than 6-7hrs at a time (and usually more like 5.5)..some ppl are just hard-wired to operate with less sleep than others.

i dont get the whole zma thing. why should the addition of Mg be beneficial for sleep?
magnesium is a relaxant, and long been used to aid in sleeping.
there is a powdered product called Calm, that i find to be nice..it still does not lengthen my sleep, but helps me get there.

i have a product on the way to me from Finaflex, called G8, that i'm really looking forward to trying.
check it out: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/redefine-nutrition/finaflex-g8-20-servings.html

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nocturnabol is pretty good for improving restful sleep. It doesn't knock me out or really help me to go to sleep, but rather improves my sleep once I am there. Sleep issues is something I've battled for a long time myself.

Profile:
L-tryptophan 500mg
5-HTP 25mg
Melatonin 750mcg
B-3 15mg
Green tomato se 10mg

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nocturnabol is pretty good for improving restful sleep. It doesn't knock me out or really help me to go to sleep, but rather improves my sleep once I am there. Sleep issues is something I've battled for a long time myself.

Profile:
L-tryptophan 500mg
5-HTP 25mg
Melatonin 750mg
B-3 15mg
Green tomato se 10mg

Melatonin 750mg? Is that a typo?

- Valdez

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

- Valdez

It is. 750 mcg is the correct amount. Corrected it, thanks. 750mg may be just a tad too much don't you think lol.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
AI sports 3Z isnt too bad

ErgoGenix has ZMA with melatonin :D ERgoZzzzzz

ErgoBolic ( our cortisol Product) produces some amazingly deep sleep when taken prior to bed, if added to any of the above mentioned on this thread it's pretty much lights out vivid dream land

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is. 750 mcg is the correct amount. Corrected it, thanks. 750mg may be just a tad too much don't you think lol.
For sleeping, yes. For a self induced coma? Just the right amount lol!!

- Valdez

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like valerian for falling asleep....once asleep i dont notice anything different upon waking up. But it gives a nice calming state of mind before bed

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
Take a look at REM 8.0. We used to call it Resurrect. It is available in the Uk through some stores and on powerbody.co.uk under Resurrect by Fahrenheit/Formutech Nutrition. It is a strong product so less is better to start with until you dial it in.
Thanks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dopadex. Not only improves sleep, but also makes for some amazing orgasms. When I'm in phases of heavy training where I'm overreaching, I also add in NOWs rhodiola.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

- Valdez
Good spot. Cesar once told someone to take 3g lol. :)

It wouldn't surprise me if Rog abused his sleep aids. He has a novel hangover remedy which supposedly works wonders lol.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

It wouldn't surprise me if Rog abused his sleep aids. He has a novel hangover remedy which supposedly works wonders lol.
Lmao! Good thing no one followed those directions, eh?!

I sure could use a hangover. I drink a few beers and feel like death is "using"me against my will.

- Valdez

gmanall

Awards
For having the best sleep ever I use Powerfull. Epic dreams and waking up full of energy is a rare thing for me and even with 5 hours of sleep I feel great!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
melatonin
5-htp
valerian root.....find something that combines all 3 and your golden

be careful with gaba...most ppl it works like a charm, for me though, it keeps me awake

i also like chamomile tea, not really sure if i feel anything on it, may just be a warm tea at night just feels right to put me in a relaxing mood

Hawk87

Hawk87

Awards
uber inositol and magnesium-both of these are made by charles poliquin and work really well

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I rarely sleep through the night. Lead to a "chronic" habit for years. Valerian is great for occasional use, but a tolerance can build up quickly. On the magnesium front..check into Mag threonate. Ive used most forms and this stuff is the best for relaxation by far. L-Dopa and Powerfull are hit or miss for me. Sometimes they knock me out, although many times Im awake 3-4 hours later and wired.

I usually do L-theanine + Mag threonate + 5-15 mg melatonin. If that fails, then 25 mg of Benadryl(poor man's Ambien). If all that fails, then red wine and/or another herbal.

Ive also started using BreathRight strips and this has helped sleep quality considerably..though I still wake up prematurely.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Haha, it's not so much a remedy as a way to force yourself albeit painfully to get up and get to work :)

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting reaaaalll pissed at my sleep...

I am not really taking much on the lines of stimulants, yet, can't sleep for sht these days...

I usually wake up at 5:30am so I can do some fasted cardio. Alright, so far so good, also work out in the evening, so there's plenty of expenditure there. Then comes about 8PM I go to town with 3 ZMA caps, Melanine, Gaba, and still I wake up constantly throughout the night. Even when I take Advil PM (had a little workout lesion) I still can't sleep. Hell, I woke up today at 4AM even though I went to sleep at 11PM. Don't get it.

PowerBody

Awards

I am not really taking much on the lines of stimulants, yet, can't sleep for sht these days...

I usually wake up at 5:30am so I can do some fasted cardio. Alright, so far so good, also work out in the evening, so there's plenty of expenditure there. Then comes about 8PM I go to town with 3 ZMA caps, Melanine, Gaba, and still I wake up constantly throughout the night. Even when I take Advil PM (had a little workout lesion) I still can't sleep. Hell, I woke up today at 4AM even though I went to sleep at 11PM. Don't get it.
getting you to sleep bulletproof or resurrect-PM if you can sleep but need a deeper sleep the REM by formutech

saggy321

Awards
  • Established

Sleep is interesting. The study that formulated the eight hour rule found that after daily exposure of 14 hours of darkness, participants settled into a certain sleep pattern. That being two periods of four hours of sleep interspersed with a period of wakefulness. Apparantley until the invention and spread of street and house lighting that is how people slept, i.e sleep for a number of hours then wake-up and engage in some form of activity for a couple of hours and then sleep again before rising for the day. I'm less concerned now if i awaken during the night and after a short while I'm able to fall back to sleep again quite easily.